Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Panties -little shorts, or thongs, visable or not?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 8
Panties -little shorts, or thongs, visable or not? Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
No set rule.
Go with whatever looks good on your body type,
and what you feel good in.

Some girls look good in thongs.
Some don't.

If you got a nice butt,
You'll look good in anything.
If you don't,
thongs won't help you.
 Greyfeld
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Panties -little shorts, or thongs, visable or not?
Posted: 3/10/2008 6:45:18 PM
personally, i prefer the bikini-cut panties. Booty shorts are cool on occasion, but in general, thongs don't do much for me.

As far as the rest of it is concerned, long, conservative skirts are VERY sexy. But so are hip-hugging tight jeans. Depends on your body type, really.
 mcbobly
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2008 6:57:43 PM

A little panty line can be pretty hot with the right jeans on the right bottom. A pair of thong straps hiked up over low-riding jeans can give me a nice buzz – in a slightly trashy sort of way.

Oh ya, I have become, recently, a big fan of the thong look and panty lines are great too, kinda of like a slight tease or something. Almost one of those things where you can or have to use your imagination to figure out the rest. Little shorts are also nice as well.
 TheLimey
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2008 9:49:06 PM
ok, heres a thought.....

You remember when you were a kid & placed a blade of grass between your thumbs & blew to make the strange noise?

How come that doesn't happen to gals who fart while they are wearing a thong?

chuckyB51
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2008 10:02:25 PM
Thongs are not sexy. It's good to keep a little to the imagination. Who wants to wear floss all day. Boy short or bikini cut panties are sexy.
 WesternRose
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/10/2008 10:47:57 PM

ok, heres a thought.....
You remember when you were a kid & placed a blade of grass between your thumbs & blew to make the strange noise?

How come that doesn't happen to gals who fart while they are wearing a thong?

How do you know it doesn't happen Limey?
 seasons in the abyss
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:39:53 PM
thongs leave nothing to the imagination.
 textodd11
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/12/2008 8:46:35 AM

It's all great *if the bod is*.

Exactly! I love it all but it has more to do with what's in the package than the wrapping. A nice package makes thongs, boy shorts or whatever look good.... although big-ole' Granny Underwear might be the exception.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2008 11:13:35 PM
Depends on the woman, what she's wearing, and what mood she's in.

Same for business casual, like a jacket, blouse and skirt. On the right woman, with one of those Chinese hair-holders to keep her hair tied up, it looks amazing. Makes you just want to rip her clothes off.
 WildCats35
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/19/2008 3:02:50 PM
The tinier the thong the better!
If I see it, makes me picture her wearing only the thong. lol
Love it!
 WildCats35
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/19/2008 3:04:52 PM
I love lace! It just screams classy sexy!
 jamoke59
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2008 3:03:29 AM
Arent thongs for your feet when you use a public shower? lol" anyway we all like what we like,I personally never saw anything sexy about thongs or boy shorts type underwear(at which I think alot of women wear because vogue magazine says there supposed to instead of whats comfortable to them")anyways to me theres nothing sexier than full cut silky nylon panties mmmm,
 vladtepes97
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2008 7:34:28 PM

I was surprised to find out how many men actually don't like thongs? I always thought most men find them sexy.

not me. i just find them slutty and not appealing at all. those panties that look like severely cut off short pants are pretty trampy too. they look like they should be on children, not supposedly mature adults.
 rentahusband
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 7:05:34 AM
I can't speak for everyone but every guy has different tastes and as stated, his tastes change depending on who he is with, what she's wearing, what we're doing.

If we're just hanging out and watching a DVD at home, if she grabbed a pair of MY boxers and one of my T's that'd be fine with me or a pair of boyshorts.

If we're going out for a night on the town? Something lacy and sexy underneath her LBD.

Now this may offend some but it also depends on the woman's build. I personally don't think thongs are for everyone. Same as brazilian cut, and boyshorts. I think you have to have a nice tight toned a$$ to get away with boyshorts. As I've said before in other threads: if you have to have your thongs made by omar the tentmaker, I feel you shouldn't be wearing them!

BTW: I HATE pantylines.......
 rentahusband
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 11:11:12 AM
LOL dude, do you mean "going commando"???

yeah, that's so hot.....and especially so if you're going out somewhere nice, she's wearing a skirt, and whispers in your ear "i'm going commando"....lol......I had one do that while I was sitting at the dinner table with her folks....man, I almost snorted mashed potatos outta my nose lol....
 vladtepes97
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 2:05:27 PM

i much prefer to see women wearing full cotton or silky panties,

hear hear
hair hair
here here
hare hare
all these slutty kinds of underwear don't do a thing for me except say the woman's quite slutty.

i just love to see panties visible above the backs of jeans

i can't stand that. to me it just says she could not find a pair of pants in her size, so she's using her little sister's pants. very unsexy.

and VPL is very very very sexy indeed.

what's a vpl?
 rentahusband
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 4:55:20 PM
LOL just goes to show you that we all can like something different. full cotton panties? dude, please......maybe on my grandma but my lover?

As for showing the waistband when she bends over. Well, the new style of hip hugger jeans make it pretty difficult to not do that, unless she goes commando that is (which isn't a bad thing).

But hey, if someone likes granny panties, more power to him!
 vladtepes97
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 5:41:05 PM

A former GF of mine never wore panties because she feared the lines showing through her jeans. I don't quite understand the thinking behind that.

i agree with her. when i see panty lines on jeans it says to me the wearer is trying to wear jeans that are too tight for her. kinda of trailer trashy, if you ask me.
 rentahusband
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 5:14:49 PM
LOL the worst is when she has cottage cheese butt too......
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/8/2008 11:41:08 PM
I love women in little shorts undies... love them in French knickers and camisoles... love them in panties... hate G strings! they look so tacky, especially when a woman bends over or squats down.
 rentahusband
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2008 7:53:13 AM
lol, if they are "tacky" when she bends over, maybe she should shower a LITTLE more often.....

I wonder though: how do you know they're "tacky"? You reaching down to give em a tug? lol

(sorry, I couldn't help myself, really, I couldn't hehehehe)
 OutMind
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/23/2008 2:42:45 PM
Variety is the spice of life. So have it all. Even go as one said here, comando. My gf loves thongs, and so do I, but then she loves to surprise me with little things she buys just for me, just so I enjoy taking them off of her.
 victoriasnewsecret
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:18:26 PM
i think thongs are a little passe right now unless you've got a killer ass. i'm all about the booty shorts & the guys who love em!

anyway i just wanted to say.. it's really interesting that some guys like full panty lines sticking above jeans. i thought only thongs looked good that way.. i always thought having boyshorts stick over the top was really unsexy and it sucks when you're dancing and your shirt rides up lol. glad to hear that's not always the case and some guys actually like it!
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/24/2008 1:10:25 AM
I prefer a woman in panties or short-short type knickers.

I have never been turned-on by a g-string.

I love a woman in silk French knickers and camisole also.

And then there's... commando!! lol
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/24/2008 1:33:26 AM
I usually find visible highly shorts, thongs, panties, boxers or briefs on women a bit disgusting downtown. You don't want to dress like that if you work in an office or in retail. And they look terrible with even a little bit of a muffin midsection.

(I prefer bras to be as seamless and invisible as possible. To me, most women look best when their surface is a mixture of gentle convex and concave curves, with minimum rumples and seams.)

However, on a girl with a nice lean mid-section, or a lean muscular build, pretty much anything she wears will look great.

On a date, playing a sport, camping, hanging around the house, style is more relaxed. But the more prominent the display of underwear, the better the body has to be for it to be attractive.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Panties -little shorts, or thongs, visable or not?