Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 263
What if Prostitution was Legal?Page 5 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

^^

good point, e.g. if they made marijuana legal, would "THAT" many more people use it, than do now?

I doubt it, the reason many people don't now is simply health reasons, etc.

Exactly. I recently relocated to a state where pot is simply a low-priority issue. Anything under an ounce in certain cities is a $100.00 fine. If you have a permit, you can grow up to 18 plants and smoke at will (as long as you are in possession of your permit.) I personally, have never had an interest, don't want it around me personally and have no interest in learning to even like it or tolerate it in my area. What someone else does is none of my business ~ it's not my thing.

~OT~ I went to college in Nevada. Although it's illegal in certain areas, it's certainly NOT illegal everywhere. (It's conveniently illegal until you are right outside city limits of certain cities.) I had no problem with it when I was in my 20's, I have no issue with it today. I think it should be legalized. It's happening, it's been happening for centuries, it will continue happening. To think that some verbage in a few law books will make this go away is simply too poly-annaish to fathom (for me.) As a tax-payer, I'm sick of the frivolous prosections that happen constantly for things such as this. What a waste of time, money, and public resources. In today's economy, they may have to legalize it to lower the unemployment rate.
 jjerry
Msg: 264
What if Prostitution was Legal?
Posted: 12/6/2008 3:47:05 PM
Most women in the USA are prostitutes. If you dont believe me,quit your job and see how long they stick around.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2008 12:49:09 PM
Point of Order from the Forum Posting Guidelines

Replying To A Thread Subject or Post

Please ensure that all your replies are to the topic and nothing else. If your reply isn't related to the actual topic, then it's considered
off topic or simply chatting, and will be removed. Replying to another post other than the original post is obviously permitted as long as what you are replying to, is also to the topic. As soon as you start replying to off topic comments, the thread is in jeopardy of being hijacked or derailed - leave off topic replies alone or the thread, if unsalvageable, will be deleted.

Remember that as soon as you utter any personalized characterizations about a poster, addressing them by name, making a direct character judgement, or an indirect generalized character judgement that is meant to include them for the purpose of belittling or insulting them, you have just turned your reply to a personal one and is subject to deletion and your posting rights suspended or removed permanently depending on severity. The full list of infractions can be found in the Acceptable Use & Posting Rules

Chimera_Obscura
Msg: 268
Posted: 12/9/2008 7:27:17 PM
I see those people who decided to start insulting, or commenting on other's pics etc... and or being rude to others got a lot of their posts deleted. About time too.

Chimera_Obscura
 obediantbabe
Msg: 269
Posted: 12/10/2008 6:08:13 PM
You weak males just don't get it!

With all the men who gave life and limb on the battlefield for their nation and familys to pay a woman for sex is telling her that her genitals and loving is more valuable than your own.

If any of you saw the latest ALEXANDER THE GREAT movie, he is depicted as being bi-sexual, with a preference like many Greeks of the time for a male. Doesn't that nauseate you to find so many Greeks as well as Spartans were Bi-Sexual? Same with the disgrace of selling the love ritual!

Same with Prostitution, no wonder there are few men on the continent and so many females selling out and confusing weak males.

As I understand in most Islamic Nations they put prostitutes to death and their clients. Regardless of the bad things they do to women they definitely need to teach some classes on this continent for so many wimpish males don't have a clue!
 thebigslim
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2008 2:51:47 PM
If prostitution was legal.... that is just one more thing that the Government can do to 'screw us' over something LOL!!!
 bruce_skis
Msg: 273
Posted: 12/14/2008 8:40:26 AM
It would sure help balance the federal budget.

Make pot legal too for all I care. (I don't partake but don't think it is a big deal.)
 _jay_see_
Msg: 275
Posted: 12/15/2008 3:54:55 AM
Welcome to... the rest of the world!

Prostitution is legal in heaps of places outside America, including here in Australia.

And to be honest, things aren't much different.

Most men still run the rat-race of competing with eachother for available females, because I guess they accept what popular culture tells them about sex being "special" and "meaningful" and blah blah.

Personally I'm glad prostitution is legal because it's the only way I've ever gotten to have sex; and I've enjoyed it enough that I don't feel the need to go through the maze full of booby-traps that seducing women always is.
 SonofJames
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2008 4:11:19 PM
Well, prostitution is legal in licensed bordellos in rural parts of Nevada. Here in Reno, the closest one is only 15 miles away. I doubt the fact that it's here affects relationships in any way.

A little off topic, but my definition of a prostitute is anyone who does anything for money that he or she would not do for free if we could not get paid for it.

That probably applies to most of us.
 xFuriousx
Msg: 278
Posted: 12/25/2008 12:21:17 AM
I think it would put the final nail in the coffen of marriage and family...50% of marriages breakup as is...all we have to do is legalize prostitution and drugs and that will destroy the rest....say what you will...you people who are pro prostitution would not want your mother or your daughter doing it
 EpisodeIV
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 2:24:51 PM
If prostitution were legal in the U.S. I think it has the potential to relieve a lot of pressures. Similar to the legalization of certain recreational substances. The pressures for the legislature and law enforcement to spend so much time on these subjects would be greatly reduced. The pressures on the federal, state and local budgets to support current uneven, unjust enforcement of current prohibitions would be removed. The pressures placed on both sides from the stigma would eventually be lowered. And no doubt much more.

A few years or more down the road we would actually be living in a more relaxed, happier country. Just think of the relief of the millions of wives and girlfriends with perpetual headaches. Their guys can simply saunter on down to their favorite female plumbing facility, perhaps even on their way home from work, and relieve their... pressure.

Everybody wins!

Still, I can't say that I would be a customer. Might take some retraining. By then, however, I'd like to think I had my own s.o. with rarely a headache and thus no need for such "outside" services.

It might encourage us all to become better lovers. Just think ladies, it would also encourage men to become better lovers too! If you weren't getting satisfied at home you'd have equal opportunities and options.

Some food for thought:
On the legalization of prostitution
http://www.prostitutionresearch.com/Report%20on%20NZ%2010-29-2008.pdf

Just shows a good example of purely "free market" or unbridled capitalism. Rules, laws, regulations should be put in place to level the playing field and protect those who could be unfairly taken advantage of. Reading over the New Zealand experience looks like a great example of how not to do it. Just look at the predictable results of the regulation resistant and compliant political climate/attitudes in regard to the financial areas. Disaster! Lots of pain could be prevented.
 whatever3321
Msg: 287
Posted: 12/26/2008 7:39:43 PM
Less rape and alot of happier people
 EpisodeIV
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 5:34:43 AM
One problem I see with men frequenting prostitutes is that they may not realize the impact it may have in future relationships. Just like men, women tend to chase after "valuable" men -- men they feel are desirable and a good catch. Paying for sex just doesn't scream "winner." In fact, it screams the exact opposite.

Perhaps for some. But for others, since certain physical needs have been met already, they can potentially be more relaxed and at ease on dates. That age old tape running in a lot of guys heads during early dates, "Will I get lucky tonight?" unknowingly takes up a lot of energy and is likewise distracting. Without that and similar thoughts, or at least significantly less of 'em distracting, the guy can focus better on the individual. Could work the same for the gal. Perhaps the Mustang and Filly ranches would make half their profits running a matching service between "relaxed" clients.

As much as women are disgusted by male "proning," there's something thrilling about being with a man who they perceive to be able to have any woman he wants, but for some reason, chose you.

That's partly a result of that relaxed attitude mentioned above. The guy knows he's going to "get it" regardless if this woman he is out with gives it or not. He has more options more readily available. Let's face it, he is often paying one way or the other. Going to a "professional" perhaps will insure some quality assurance.

A man that couldn't get laid by anyone who actually had interest in him isn't anywhere near as appealing.

I'm not sure I get this. The man would have the option to get laid regardless. Whether it was cold, hard cash or warm charm, the vast majority could find someone to take an interest in him and give him at least part of what he wants and in some cases needs.

Maybe that scares women. The power to always decide if they are going to "do it," or not, would be threatened. I can imagine the overt efforts to prevent it on moral grounds when, as in many other areas, it's really about power and control. It is the woman's perception of the man's power and control that is working in "...there's something thrilling about being with a man who they perceive to be able to have any woman he wants, but for some reason, chose you."

Perhaps another thing that might scare women in general is that the guy might get used to the "professional" services with an emphasis on certain qualities. I'd wager a lot of women would feel they would not measure up to that quality of service. But the women would also have that option. Or should. She/they would also have the option of visiting a "professional." Then would the ordinary men "measure up?" LOL

I know that some men would just use it as a release and a way to avoid the chase, but you'd all just be lumped into the same category of "undesirables."

Sure if he advertises the fact that he frequents the Mustang ranch. But most men wouldn't. And perhaps there would be certain groups of women that would require it knowing that the guy is less likely to be all over her, acting goofy and drooling because he hasn't been laid in weeks, months or years.

The chase would still be there. It just wouldn't be as much about sex. I would think certain or perhaps a lot of women would appreciate that. Otherwise they have been lying to us for centuries if not millennia.

And this won't change much in the long run...
Those who want to will and those who don't won't. It's pretty simple.

Also, to respond to the post below...

...a necessary evil .

Why must it be considered an "evil?" What is really "evil" about it?
 EpisodeIV
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2008 3:45:18 AM

it is legal in Vegas.. i dont know if i would want it to be in all states... we are already have an AIDS epidemic....

So what problems have been newly created or exacerbated in Nevada? What problems have been solved or reduced in Nevada?

With regulations, mandatory testing and I would assume prolific use of condoms by "professionals" would not the spread of HIV be greatly reduced? I could see a real premium being put on "bare back" activities if even allowed at all. At the very least the education level and safe practices around the profession and with the clients could and likely would improve. That would be a good thing.

If prostitution were legal in the U.S. and properly regulated with an emphasis on safety for both worker and client I believe it would go a long way toward improving our often backwards attitudes toward sex. If that did indeed happen, then it would lead to a potentially improved society and culture. The fewer hangups we have the better we can all get along and enjoy our lives.
 obediantbabe
Msg: 291
Posted: 12/30/2008 3:19:49 PM
Maybe prostitution has existed in some twisted form ever since a woman submitted to a man who would protect her in her cave and take his spear and club and drive prehistoric creatures off.

But I find true love and the marital vow a lot more appealing!

The thing is for you posters who are pro whoring, what would an ethical or religious courtship prospect think of you after they reflect on your post of being favorable for prostitution?
 honda2004
Msg: 293
Posted: 12/30/2008 7:00:57 PM
It would be GREAT to have a reasable priced whore house in every town.

All these uppity women would have competiton . all guys want is to get laid. Anyone that says different is lying.
 honda2004
Msg: 294
Posted: 12/30/2008 7:05:06 PM
Women might have to behave better toward men. Why spend a lot on dinner and get a peck on the check or have a bad evening when for the same money, a guy can get what he wants-laid.

If women think guys want something more, they are wrong. When you reach a certain age, all guys want is sex.
 wendy4575
Msg: 297
Posted: 1/2/2009 9:59:26 PM
Very good question?
According to the *BIBLE*
Yes the *BOOK* Owners Manuel for the entire human race!
IT..not ME ..Says..

WITH HOLDING SEX FROM YOUR HUSBAND IS WITCHCRAFT~!

TO CONTROL HIM..

AND IT WORKS BOTH WAYS!

Wendy
 obediantbabe
Msg: 300
Posted: 1/5/2009 2:31:21 PM
From post # 349:

From a functionalist perspective prostitution is required as a means to deter would be sexual criminals from commiting rape. Prostitutions function is clearly defined within this theory as being a necessary evil .

This is so Bogus as to condemn males to be such weaklings that they just like we females ought to be able to control our glands and desires.

Perhaps instead of Murdering so many in Kuwait, Irac, and Afganistan this nation needs to take lessons on how the Islamic peoples handle rape and prostitution and why from their religious documents!

I know quite a few males who are conscious enough to know that sex is shallow without real love. Anyone can write a book or research paper, and the fact they wrote it DOES NOT make it true!

Prostitution exists purely and simply because the cultures involed are NOT evolved enough to to get away from that the sexual act is more than hunger or lust.

The Bible does not endorse protitution at all, in fact Rahab at Jericho changed her ways as well as the woman caught in adultery that Christ spared from being stoned.

Prostitution in North America or Europe is clearly a barometer of the LACK of SPIRITUAL maturity of the nations that allow it.
 HK,on the prowl
Msg: 301
Posted: 1/19/2009 9:03:01 PM
good thing sex sells in profiles .................is that spiritual maturity?Religion(spirituality) & sex together is a whole different topic.

functionalist approach is only one focused area...how huge is huge?( for the paper) Since most sexual abuse/rapes in any culture are unreported, how accurate can your interpretation of the research be if you didn't critically analyze the information from many view points.

A self actualized person would have different view points from any one theory or perception of this topic. I don't believe that the legalization of prostitution would help the people who lack the connection of norms. The people who commit crimes such as rape do not have the ability to understand why it's not acceptable. IE; Paul Bernardo's brain =total limbic system failure, he feels no remorse literally. Therefore, having legal prostitution or not, his course of actions would have taken place.
 someonetookmyname
Msg: 303
Posted: 1/19/2009 9:13:20 PM
thats great.... christ saved a women from getting stonned yet hes going around turning water into wine.....the beginings of AA ... I assume when some of you think about this trade becoming legal you also think of this ....what about your daughters/sons would you like them working the streets for sex? wouldnt that be awesome .... heres somewhat of what your kids High school classes if Prostitution was legal would look like ..... English , world history ** lunch * hookers and ho`s , how to work a jon .... I sware some of you people were best jerked into a sock
 MsMicki
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 8:07:51 AM

I'd own that new leather coat I've been eyeing!!

K - seriously.....
there are still men out there that want that connection that comes from a relationship....(thank god)....
It might seem like a great thing to do at first......but I have a feeling......the "real" men.....would tire of it quite quickly.
 cfb62
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 12:45:15 PM
Even though prositiution is illegal, prostitutes are everywhere.
I don't think it would chance a couple's sex life at all.
 4408joseph
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 1:40:14 PM

Did you say ...if??..

I've always said all smart women are prostitutes..

Does it matter if it's a 10 dollar crosswalk street addict..?

A, $100 play, and $100 dinner?

Or a 1/2 million dollar 4 bedroom house complete with pool (optional pool-boy that knows how to keep a secert), and new mid sized 4door SUV..

One way or another SHE with the golden vault controls those that enter, how she barters , and what she calls it, is her choice.

Reminds me of the old realistically and technically joke!

Little Johnny get off the bus and says "Dad I have to homework words, and don't know the difference, can you tell me the difference between technically and realistically?'Let me think about it son.
That night at dinner, Dad says, " Son, Ask your mother if she'd screw a total stranger for 1 million dollars cash?"
"Mom, Would you sleep with a total stranger for a million bucks?".....SURE.
"Now son ask your older sister"
"Sis,Would you sleep with a total stranger for a million bucks?".....SURE.

Well son, Technically we are sitting on 2 MILL,in cash ... Realistically we are living with a pair of whores.

casino man
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 6:11:46 PM
Its not Legal, yet from what i have experienced in Vegas..it should be...You can find Hookers in every city in the country..no problem.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >