Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Mensa? anyone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sigungq
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Mensa? anyone?Page 13 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

PrettyPonyGirl wrote:

I am a Mensa member. Trust me it doesn't make you any more successful in finding Love. I so wish it did :)

If anything, I believe a high IQ is a burden when it comes to dating.
 Coma_White
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Mensa? anyone?
Posted: 6/25/2014 10:13:08 AM

If anything, I believe a high IQ is a burden when it comes to dating.

Why would it be? You would think intelligence would help a person understand and master social dynamics and interactions. Maybe we need to question how we measure intelligence. It shouldn't be that hard to learn the basics of dating and attraction.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 172
Mensa? anyone?
Posted: 6/25/2014 2:48:52 PM
Mensa has recently partnered with Match to create a dating site that focuses on high IQ:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/06/25/mensa-match-online-dating-geniuses/11348115/
 whippedboi
Msg: 173
Mensa? anyone?
Posted: 6/25/2014 4:27:11 PM

You would think intelligence would help a person understand and master social dynamics and interactions.

but dating dynamics does not succumb to logic.

"logically", perhaps kissing a woman's butt and treating her like gold would make her like you

in reality it makes most women judge you as lesser that you have to do that to be with her

it's like a supply and demand, if you demand her that much it lowers your own value
 not_single_x
Msg: 174
Mensa? anyone?
Posted: 6/25/2014 4:54:52 PM

Coma_White: Have you taken them? It sounds like you're attacking the person saying the argument instead of actually addressing the topic.

Yes. I've taken them and I've got the Mensa certificate hanging on my wall.
 Coma_White
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Mensa? anyone?
Posted: 6/25/2014 7:29:05 PM

but dating dynamics does not succumb to logic.

"logically", perhaps kissing a woman's butt and treating her like gold would make her like you

in reality it makes most women judge you as lesser that you have to do that to be with her

it's like a supply and demand, if you demand her that much it lowers your own value

It's actually very logical. There is no logic in thinking that kissing a woman's butt will make her like you. That's approval seeking behaviour. There's no reason why it would trigger attraction in anyone. If "average" people that aren't in mensa can figure out these basics, you would think that highly intelligent people could learn the same things.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Mensa? anyone?