Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fridayboo
Msg: 676
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)Page 29 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
Motown? Do you think Kwame should go? Is he being railroaded or is everything that is coming out about him now? His mom seemed like a good woman...but I guess you never know.
Jmarquis...damn you don't read...since you were all in my thread to motown....take the time to actually read it PleasE. An apology in words...from the American government...not cash, coins, gold or any kind of bounty. You like to argue for arguments sake. I don't...if my mind can be changed i'm always open to it which is why I come onto these forums. I give or respond to an oppinion hoping for feedback that if I deem valid I may change my stance on certain issues. Key point being that I read carefully...try it
 fridayboo
Msg: 682
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 6/2/2008 2:32:35 PM
Jedi Girl....what is wrong with you. How much hate in your heart do you have to have to say something that rediculous. My GOD, I truly wonder about some of you guys childhood....It's almost like you enjoy being hateful. I'll pray for you regardless.
There were more than 10-12 million slaves brought to America, this doesn't account for the ones that were killed during capture or died on the ships . These people did not voluntarily come over here contrary to anything you may believe. I think if you really wanted to know this you wouldn't spout such ignorance. The civil war was fought so that sothern whites(the Confederacy) could maintain their slaves and their way of life in the south. They were willing to split this country up over it. How patriotic. No one wants anything from you guys. But as an American citizen who has just as much right as you....I reserve the right to ask this from my government without recieving hate speech. Jedi girl do you really want us to all believe that you were actually behind Obama in the first place and that this reverend wright thing so upset you that your now on a rampage.....It seems like more of a stunt to rile up racial hatred and to galvanize support for your own agendas. Don't assume that all blacks or even Obama for that matter thinks like either of those bafoon Reverends. Don't be so naive to think that all african american Reverends are like Wright. I'm not so naive to believe that All Caucasian Reverends are Like Hagee, Roberts, Bakker or swaggert. I've actually been to multiethnic churches before. My Church readily excepts all races...does yours?
 motownmaniax
Msg: 684
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 6/2/2008 4:45:20 PM
Motown? Do you think Kwame should go? Is he being railroaded or is everything that is coming out about him now?

Friday, when I think of Kwame I'm equal parts sad and angry that someone so obviously intelligent, charismatic, and politically skilled could squander his prodigious gifts (the man is a born communicator) and ruin a bright political future over something so frivolous and stupid.

If he just would have come clean at the start about his affair with his Chief of Staff, Christine Beatty, the scandal would have died quickly with little damage to his and the city's reputation. But instead he lied and tried to cover up the truth, wrongfully firing two investigating police officers (both black), which took him to court and won a settlement that cost city taxpayers almost nine million dollars. The reason he settled so abruptly was because the former officer's attorneys got a hold of very incriminating text messages he had with Beatty, all but proving his guilt, and as part of the settlement the messages were never to be released.

However, after the messages "were" released by court order in a freedom of information suit, he then compounded matters even further by using the race card and charging the media was "out to get him", both patently absurd (as the thousands of text messages he had with Beatty, very sexually explicit, and his scheming to get rid of the officers before they could uncover the truth, confirm).

To this day he has not accepted full responsibility for the debacle and continues to deflect all criticism, so yes, I think he should step down.

Very sad over what could have been (he was considered a rising star and even governorship material).
 fridayboo
Msg: 685
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 6/2/2008 6:07:03 PM
Thanx for the clarification. The fact that he cheated on his wife and lied about it is frustrating enough. If the governor of NY should step down then so should he. Does he have a lot of people there backing him...or is it becoming racially divided? I saw that the lead prosecutor was black. Which makes it not appear to be a black whit issue...more of just an abuse of power issue.
 exodusi1
Msg: 686
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 6/2/2008 6:16:37 PM
Man, what is it with all the nutty preachers in this country?
 motownmaniax
Msg: 687
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 6/2/2008 7:06:04 PM
Friday, almost all the principals in the case are black, so his charges of racism holds no water with me. Yes, definitely an abuse of power case.

Kwame has both very vocal supporters and critics; it's hard to figure the ratio, though. I do know Detroit City Council (all black) asked him to step down voluntarily, and when he didn't voted to remove him by using some mechanism in the city charter. The problem is the impeachment clause was removed years ago and never reinstated, so they don't have too much legal basis to force him out if he wants to serve the rest of his term. He could be recalled, but so far I haven't seen any serious petition drive to do so.

The current push is for the Michigan governor, Jennifer Granholm, to step in and remove him by executive action, but so far she's declined to get involved in such a politically-charged issue.
 faith2565
Msg: 689
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 6/4/2008 4:54:47 PM
HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE!!!
 faith2565
Msg: 691
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 6/4/2008 5:27:36 PM
That still does not stop history. It has been made.
 fridayboo
Msg: 692
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 11/4/2008 9:40:58 PM
History has been made ....thank GOD the people saw through all of that nrgative campaigning trying to connect Obama to any and evrything...."Come on up to the Risin"!!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 694
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 11/5/2008 4:10:03 AM
Absolutely amazing, historic election on so many levels: Biggest voter turnout in decades, maybe a century; Obama voters that crossed all ethnic and socio-economic lines; Winning many "Red" states that have traditionally gone Republican.

The numbers are telling. What put Obama over the top was not so much African-American voters but white women, Hispanics, and the youth vote.

I thought both speeches last night -- McCain's concession and Obama's victory -- were excellent examples of magnanimity, graciousness and a call to put aside our differences and party polarizations and work to get the country back on track. That won't be easy, for whoever won last night. Anyone expecting quick fixes and a cure of Messianic proportions will be sorely disappointed. It'll be a long, tough slog. But at least there's hope for a better tomorrow.

GOBAMA!!
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >