Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Imported_labor
Msg: 514
Mr.Wright (Move On)Page 6 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
"You really think he would endorse a dem with their morals"

Can,

Does "Idaho republican senator Minneapolis airport bathroom" mean anything to you?
 faith2565
Msg: 516
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/9/2008 6:15:31 PM
Obama picks up 9 superdelegates, union endorsement
By JOAN LOWY (Associated Press Writer)
From Associated Press
May 09, 2008 7:19 PM EDT

WASHINGTON - Barack Obama all but erased Hillary Rodham Clinton's once-imposing lead among national convention superdelegates on Friday and won fresh labor backing as elements of the Democratic Party began coalescing around the Illinois senator for the fall campaign.

Obama picked up the backing of nine superdelegates, including Rep. Donald Payne of New Jersey, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus who had been a Clinton supporter.

In addition, the American Federation of Government Employees announced its support for Obama. The union claims about 600,000 members who work in the federal and Washington, D.C., governments....................

In an interview with National Public Radio, former candidate John Edwards said Clinton has made a compelling case for her candidacy, but "I think it's very hard for her now to make a compelling case for the math. I mean, I think that's the reality of what she's faced with. She knows that. ... It's just very hard to see how the math works."

In the overall race for the nomination, Obama leads with 1,859.5 delegates, to 1,698 for Clinton. Obama is just 165.5 delegates short of the 2,025 delegates needed to win it.

---

bob0colo
Msg: 519
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/9/2008 9:27:04 PM
Next Week The Talkers are going to start asking questions and playing sermons from the Wright replacement, Reverend Otis Moss.

Discussion will be about “Thug theology,” “ghetto prophets” and whether, Tupac was a Prophet. Moss has also referred to blacks as “lepers” with a “skin disease.”

These will be running through Nov I am sure.

Maybe someone could explain this to me. .... Problems associated with this Theology seem very negative?
 exodusi1
Msg: 521
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/9/2008 9:35:34 PM
I doubt very seriously that you are an expert on holiness or what it takes to get into heaven. None of the neo-cons will be there, nor will you, but I'm not saying I will be either. But, I know your type won't be let in!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 529
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/10/2008 1:56:21 AM
I’m an Obama supporter, but Republican vs Dem is one’s personal choice. I’m not going to ride a person over it. If you like McCain, vote for him.

I do have a problem, however, when people make the silly distinction that, if elected, a Dem (looks like it’ll be Obama) should NEVER go to war, that war is strictly a Republican trait that should never be emulated, like bad manners. War is terrible, vicious, painful, and expensive, but NOT something that should be avoided at all costs under any circumstances. We don’t live in a world that allows such a lofty ideal to work in practice. We take world events as they come, and when we go to war again (the history of any powerful nation says not “if” but “when”), we should make sure it’s justified and in answer to a clear and present danger. I’m NO supporter of unilateral disarmament and a one-sided doctrine of appeasement.

If elected president, Obama may very well be propelled by events, some unseen right now, to order a military response somewhere in the world, and if that happens I’m not going to automatically drop my support for him and turncoat just because he had the monstrous temerity to use force. People need to get over Iraq and not have it poison everything this country does in the future.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 532
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/10/2008 2:14:51 AM
I hope so, too, nomadic. But we all have to realize that global dynamics and how they shape events are complex and not always easy to see and understand by everybody. Sometimes the true justification for a military response isn't known for years because it must be seen through the prism of history.

We also must keep in mind that your "ethical" foreign policy decisions might not agree with mine, or his over there, or hers, etc. That's why we elect leaders that hopefully have the wisdom and judgment to choose properly. But being human, that doesn't always happen.

Ted Sorensen, one of Obama’s earliest supporters for president, was JFK’s chief speechwriter and a close confidant. His views are worth hearing...

Charlie Rose show: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReDCmk2c2g8

Personal Endorsement: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hupgC1d-St8

exodusi1
Msg: 533
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/10/2008 6:33:05 AM
No, Can'thandle, neo-cons won't be there. Evil does not reside in Heaven, at least not in the Heaven in your bible!

The reason Rethuglicans want this election to be about religion is because they have NO platform to stand on. They have so dramatically destroyed our nation both economically and morally. that they CAN'T use their record to run on, so they will distract from the issues if at all possible. Who cares what Rev Wright said and who cares what Rev Haggie said either? I don't! I care about the future, which will be brighter under Democratic supervision!
 bob0colo
Msg: 534
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/10/2008 9:28:54 AM

The reason Rethuglicans want this election to be about religion is because they have NO platform to stand on. They have so dramatically destroyed our nation both economically and morally. that they CAN'T use their record to run on, so they will distract from the issues if at all possible. Who cares what Rev Wright said and who cares what Rev Haggie said either? I don't! I care about the future, which will be brighter under Democratic supervision!

.......... “Who cares what Rev Wright said”

Wright Controversy Deepens Voter Divide
Religious, Racial Split in N.C., Indiana
By Jennifer Agiesta and Jon Cohen
Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, May 10, 2008; B09

Religious voters in Indiana and North Carolina held to familiar patterns in Democratic primary balloting Tuesday, with the controversy over Sen. Barack Obama's relationship with his former pastor deepening the divide.
In network exit polling, about the same number of voters in each state said they considered the situation with the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. "very important" to their vote as those who said it was "not at all important." And most who gave the issue a heavy weight voted for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.), while those who said it was not a factor went for Obama, the Illinois senator, by wide margins.
In both states, frequent churchgoers were more apt to say they were influenced by Wright than were less actively religious voters. In North Carolina, among those who said they attend religious services weekly, nearly six in 10 called Wright important to their vote, almost double the figure among those who never attend services. Even among Obama's own supporters in the Tarheel state, 45 percent who attend services weekly called the controversy important to their vote; among those, a third who rated it "very important."
In Indiana, the issue also split voters: About half of those who attend services weekly or occasionally rated the Wright issue important, while only a third of those who never attend services said the same.

When Sean Hannity starts in on the New Rev, this week it won’t matter either...
NO one will care...

Obama has failed to deal with something that should be a non issue and he has P/O’ed someone he used to advance himself, Rev Wright.
This is not going to be spun into a Hagee.....
This is will split voters and it works..... With Church going Voters...
NO one wants to address the new Rev..
 faith2565
Msg: 536
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/10/2008 9:54:51 AM
Obama has been on the campaign trail, not flying home to go to church. When he was on vacation he was in the islands so the new Rev. will be of no importance. He did not marry them, etc.

Then let us bring up every ones old rev. This rev. has nothing to do with the campaign.

I am a regular church going, tithing, sing in the choir, voter.

But, I do have a brain.

Bush pulled many because of religion.

Look were we are now!

TIRED, BROKE AND DISGUSTED!
 faith2565
Msg: 538
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/10/2008 10:25:18 AM
Obama rises from political obscurity to verge of history
By CHARLES BABINGTON (Associated Press Writer)
From Associated Press
May 10, 2008 10:12 AM EDT
WASHINGTON - The amazement was on their faces. Hundreds waited for Barack Obama on that evening in South Carolina, 15 weeks ago, to claim victory - a surprising victory, surprisingly large.

And amazing it was. It made it possible for him to stand today on the verge of being the first black person ever nominated for president by a major party.

One could guess the thoughts of the blacks and whites in that crowd: Can you believe that our state - South Carolina, first to secede and first to open fire in the Civil War - is now catapulting a black man to the front of the presidential contest in a year that bodes well for Democrats?

"Race doesn't matter," some began to chant. "Race doesn't matter!"

The cry soon gave way to more familiar chants of "Yes we can," and everyone in the auditorium surely knew that race does still matter in so many ways. But in a pinch-me moment, they seemed to realize that a barrier had been broken with a swiftness and certainty that even they had not foreseen.

IT FEELS GREAT! PHILLY I KNOW THIS IS VERY HARD FOR YOU, BUT FOR ME I AM DANCING

faith2565
Msg: 539
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/10/2008 2:54:46 PM
Obama overtakes Clinton in Democratic superdelegates
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER
From Associated Press
May 10, 2008 3:57 PM EDT
WASHINGTON - Barack Obama erased Hillary Rodham Clinton's once-imposing lead among superdelegates Saturday when he added more endorsements from the group of Democrats who will decide the party's nomination for president.

Obama added superdelegates from Utah and Ohio, as well as two from the Virgin Islands who had previously backed Clinton. The additions enabled Obama to surpass Clinton's total for the first time in the campaign. He had picked up nine endorsements Friday.

The milestone is important because Clinton would need to win over the superdelegates by a wide margin to claim the nomination. They are a group that Clinton owned before the first caucus, when she was able to cash in on the popularity of the Clinton brand among the party faithful.

Those party insiders, however, have been steadily streaming to Obama since he started posting wins in early voting states.

"I always felt that if anybody establishes himself as the clear leader, the superdelegates would fall in line," said Don Fowler, a former chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

"It is perceived that he is the leader," said Fowler, a superdelegate from South Carolina who supports Clinton. "The trickle is going to become an avalanche."

Superdelegates are the party and elected officials who will automatically attend the Democratic national convention this August in Denver. They can support whomever they choose, regardless of what happens in the primaries.

They are key because neither Obama nor Clinton can win the nomination without them.

Nearly 800 superdelegates will attend the convention. Obama has endorsements from 275, according to the latest tally by The Associated Press. Clinton has 271.5.

bob0colo
Msg: 541
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/10/2008 5:32:40 PM

How about posting it about two more times....

and you only posted it once on every other Op....
 faith2565
Msg: 545
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/10/2008 6:09:00 PM
OK, I have heard the will of the people so in my words...

He is winning despite all of the controversy over his pastor, history is being made and I feel like dancing

Martin Luther King's dream is coming to life.

"I have a dream that one day we will judge a man not be the color of his skin, but by the content of his character.

"Free at last, free at last, Thank God Almighty we are Free at last.

I am a baby of the civil rights movement, so is Obama.

'I have been to the mountain top. I might not get there with you........'

Beat McCain or not he will be on the ticket.

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la
 designingwoman
Msg: 550
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/10/2008 7:07:00 PM
Our media is showing its conservative bias by giving Hagee and Parsley (McCain's pastors/spiritual advisers) a free pass. Both Hagee and Parsley are certifiable nut cases. One of them wants to destroy Islam, and some of his words are the Christian version of Osama Bin Laden!!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 553
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/10/2008 8:59:13 PM
Just like every other candidate, Obama brings baggage to his candidacy. Just as equally, some of the charges leveled against him are spurious, manufactured, distorted, and meant to smear.

Really, the simple choice comes down to this: if anyone believes his weaknesses outweigh his strengths, just don’t vote for him.
 faith2565
Msg: 562
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/11/2008 5:47:06 AM
I am a swan, I am a swan, thank God almighty I am a swan.

motownmaniax
Msg: 563
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/11/2008 8:37:56 AM
This goes to posters on both sides of a debate.

I’m just as irritated by some non-American posters (whether they are from Canada, Britain, or Australia) that employ the annoying tactics of copy/paste flooding and condescending, paternalistic soapboxing about what are essentially American issues. I never liked this behavior in order to boost a pet issue (in this case Obama) or to discredit one. Citing information from the net is certainly not against the rules, and in fact can be used as a valuable tool to back up an argument or make a point. But to rely on it solely as the main focus of your input, like the rote memorization children use to spit out names and dates in grade school, and not backing it up by using your own views and logic is simply ideological cheating and laziness of the highest order.

I support Obama, but am open to hear dissenting voices. I understand no one candidate corners the market on righteousness, honesty, and virtuosity, and that everything should be open to criticism. However, that doesn't give anyone (including me) a free pass if they abuse and twist information to suit their own narrow purposes.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 566
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/12/2008 4:01:04 AM
True, whatever America does usually has ripple effects throughout the world, but not as much as most think. Right now China and greater Asia have just as much geopolitical influence, if not more in certain areas. And don't count out the clout of the European Union. Global energy prices are directly tied to oil and natural gas production, and America certainly doesn't hold the greatest influence over that (the biggest producers do). Many more people are getting killed and maimed in Africa, with its seemingly neverending cycle of violence, famine, disease, and genocide, than in Iraq, yet the feeding frenzy of world opinion just loves to focus their outrage and hate on big, bad America and gives other hot spots in the world lip service. I was actually shocked the Tibet issue, at least for a few days, pushed anti-American stories off the world headlines and China took some heat for a change?

I, too, welcome constructive criticism and third-party views about America, as long as they're not patently biased and prejudicial right at the start. If non-Americans want to comment on our politics, economy, current events, celebrities, etc., it's fine with me. But if they're arrogant about it and presume to tell us what we should or shouldn't do, especially using hit-and-run, copy/paste-from-the-net tactics, devoid of all context and their own reasoning to back things up, I'll call 'em on it. Let's put it another way: I'm sure they wouldn't take kindly if I ran to the net, dredged up every humiliating thing I could find, spit it out back here, told them how messed up their countries are, then proceeded to lecture them on how they should "fix" things.

faith2565
Msg: 567
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/12/2008 6:27:44 PM
CHANGE IS ON ITS WAY!!!

General News Send to a Friend Printable View Send this article to a friend

Your e-mail address:

loriaewing@earthlink.net

Recipient's e-mail address:

Please input an email address.
Email address doesn't appear to be valid. Try Again.

Personal Message: (optional)

Superdelegates put Obama within mathematical reach
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER (Associated Press Writer)
From Associated Press
May 12, 2008 7:14 PM EDT
WASHINGTON - Barack Obama's wave of superdelegate endorsements puts him within reach of the Democratic presidential nomination by the end of the primary season on June 3 - even if he loses half of the remaining six contests.

The Illinois senator has picked up 26 superdelegates in the past week. At that pace, he will reach the number of delegates needed to clinch the nomination - 2,025 - in the next three weeks, when delegates from the remaining primaries are included.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's best chance to slow Obama is to move the goal posts. She will get that chance May 31 when the Democratic National Committee's rules panel considers proposals to seat the delegates that had been stripped from Florida and Michigan. Those two states violated national party rules by holding their primaries in January and lost their delegates.

"Michigan and Florida are key to it," Howard Wolfson, Clinton's communications director, said Monday.

Obama picked up four superdelegates Monday, including Sen. Daniel Akaka of Hawaii and Rep. Tom Allen of Maine.

Allen, a six-term congressman who is running for the Senate, said the time has come for a "graceful end" to the nomination fight.

"I believe the process of reconciliation, the process of unifying this party, should begin sooner rather than later," Allen said. "It should begin in May and not in June."

Obama has 1,871.5 delegates, including endorsements from party and elected officials known as superdelegates. Clinton has 1,697, according to the latest tally by The Associated Press. That leaves Obama just 153.5 delegates short of the number needed to win the nomination at the party's national convention this August in Denver.

bob0colo
Msg: 568
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/12/2008 6:40:32 PM

whatever America does usually has ripple effects throughout the world, but not as much as most think. Right now China and greater Asia have just as much geopolitical influence, if not more in certain areas. And don't count out the clout of the European Union. Global energy prices are directly tied to oil and natural gas production, and America certainly doesn't hold the greatest influence over that (the biggest producers do).

That ripple goes right to China... Today High inflation 8.5% they raised interest rates........ Oil being tied to the dollar makes our problem global... The producers have less control than ever... The screwed up dollar creates more Speculation ...

Interesting times....

motownmaniax
Msg: 569
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/13/2008 4:00:31 AM
True, a weak dollar contributes, but energy prices are also greatly tied to simple supply and demand, and the world production of oil is lower due to geopolitical instability, natural disasters, and the calculated, targeted policies of some of the big oil producing countries themselves. Of course all the big producers can increase supply substantially and flood the market with cheaper oil, but there's certainly no incentive for them to do it, at least not right now.

Good article on the subject....

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/The-real-reasons-for-high-oil-prices-AHVGR?OpenDocument
 faith2565
Msg: 570
view profile
History
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/14/2008 7:20:11 PM
Yeah Baby

Edwards gives long-awaited endorsement to Obama

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., right, is joined by former Democratic presidential hopeful, John Edwards, at a rally in Grand Rapids, Mich., Wednesday, May 14, 2008. Jae C. HongBy CHARLES BABINGTON (Associated Press Writer)
From Associated Press
May 14, 2008 7:05 PM EDT
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Democrat John Edwards endorsed former rival Barack Obama on Wednesday, a move designed to help solidify support for the party's likely presidential nominee even as Hillary Rodham Clinton refuses to give up her long-shot candidacy.

The surprise endorsement came a day after Clinton defeated Obama by more than 2-to-1 in the West Virginia primary, and it helped the Obama campaign steer much of the evening news coverage away from a painful subject. The West Virginia outcome highlighted Obama's challenge in winning over "Hillary Democrats" - white, working-class voters who also supported Edwards in significant numbers before he exited the race in late January.

motownmaniax
Msg: 572
Mr.Wright (Move On)
Posted: 5/15/2008 3:52:13 AM
The curious thing is usually when a front-runner has the nomination locked up, or is believed to, there's a cascade effect in the remaining primaries. Obama "should" be winning these last ones, but of course got trounced in WV and seems destined to lose more states. Just goes to show this election gets stranger and stranger and nothing is following script.

Mo
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >