Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vintage Princess
Msg: 2
any Portishead/Radiohead fans out there?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'm wicked excited for portisheads new album.
I'm still listening to Dummy LOL.
 RSwindol
Msg: 7
view profile
History
any Portishead/Radiohead fans out there?
Posted: 3/23/2008 11:28:17 AM
Portishead is good. I have some of their stuff downloaded. But I really like Radiohead much more.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 8:18:19 AM
I'm more of a Radiohead fan. "Paranoid Android" & "High & Dry" are some of the best singles they've ever done.

Posted: 2/26/2009 11:06:20 AM
Radiohead bores me. Just not my kind of music.

Portishead though. Third wasn't as hot as their other releases. I think the live album is the best IMO.

Trip hop will always be one of my deepest loves. Morcheeba, Zero 7, Massive Attack, ... amazing stuff.
Posted: 2/27/2009 8:19:13 AM
Downtempo is becoming as broad a term as "electronica". I wasn't aware that only groups from Bristol could be considered trip hop.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2009 1:34:21 PM
Radiohead is good but Portishead is by far my preference.Idk I like trip hop and radiohead has changed slightly for the worse.
 adamISaNAMEiHAVE
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/1/2009 8:32:12 PM
new one?!?!?!?! SWEET

g-rocka
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2009 5:03:32 PM
I love portishead's entire first cd, and lots of radiohead :D
Posted: 3/9/2009 8:24:47 AM

there is a site www.triphop-music.com...

Nice! Thanks for the site!

And, look! Zero 7 is on the list. Who'd have though :P
 adamISaNAMEiHAVE
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/27/2009 12:06:35 AM
new album is incredible btw!

My favorite so far! (hard to type that . . .)

I like how different each song is from one another, unlike the other ones.
Posted: 4/27/2009 12:59:26 PM

Trust me, Zero 7 are definitely not Trip Hop. Not just because they aren't from Bristol, as previously mentioned. But rather their music sounds NOTHING like Trip Hop.

You mean to tell me that "Destiny" and "In The Waiting Line" are Trip Hop? LOL Seriously!

If you want to hear Trip Hop, listen to "Hell Is Round The Corner" by Tricky, or "Karmacoma" by Massive Attack. THAT, my friend.. is Trip Hop - the Britsh mash-up of American Hip Hop and downtempo breakbeats.

Zero 7 are more Pop than Trip-Hop, I think. At least "Simple Things" is. Dunno about anything after that

I see your point, however, in that sense there are only maybe 4-5 artists that can be classified as "trip hop" which, to me, does not seem like enough artists to constitute naming a genre. However, I'd never call Zero 7 "pop". I'd go with downtempo before that.

And, yeah, I did not like Third at all. I found it disappointing. Nothing stuck out at me.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >