Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 146
St Louis Strat St Pat's Party Aftermath PicsPage 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I like the Spring Fling idea ~ one of the gals I invited to the March party came up with that one and a few others as well. I haven't heard or talked to her since then though.
 kenharleyride
Msg: 147
St Louis Strat St Pat's Party Aftermath Pics
Posted: 3/25/2008 7:41:19 PM
i hate to dissappoint you ladies , i wont be able to attend the auctions , now stan might be able to get a date lol.........................
 TheKidof72
Msg: 149
April Party Theme
Posted: 3/25/2008 8:07:12 PM
there were some rubbers ( I mean condoms) floating around the last party but I don't know where they came from
 alpinebryon
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 4:01:35 AM
Wild Country is a bit rowdy.But the only thing about the place is you have to run the gauntlet coming home wall to wall coppers looking the drunks.LOL. .Beside's country music all night LOL.Well it's better that going to a disco and having to put up with rap and hip hop LOL .But spring fing idea is cool same as April Showers I dea LOL.
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 151
Posted: 3/29/2008 2:33:45 PM
Is there anymore word on the April party?
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 156
Posted: 3/30/2008 10:41:16 AM
I like the Spring Fling idea
and the April Showers, deal..but it's been March flooding that keeps me away from the April showers LOL
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 160
Posted: 3/30/2008 6:41:03 PM
sounds fun...
We always play UNO at our family holidays it is fun and can sometimes be brutal....
i have drinkning games too lol
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 162
Posted: 3/30/2008 7:38:43 PM
one of the games we used to play was
"Screw Your Neighbor"
Cards, folks, just cards and quarters of course; the winner takes all at end of game:

One deck of cards
any # of people to play
everyone starts with $1.00/quarters only
low card=Ace
high card=King
all players are dealt one card face down; dealer puts their card face down unless a King, then they turn it over.
first player in line checks out their card, decides if they want to keep it...this goes to the left of them; the idea is to let go of your lower cards so you don't have to donate a quarter to the center of the table. If someone around the table has a King you don't have to trade, you turn it over, that ends up 'screwing your neighbor' into possibly losing a quarter or they might get lucky and someone else may have a lower card than them. However if they don't have a King, they have to trade cards even if they don't want to, but then they can trade on to the left of them and so on.
We had some rip-roaring times while playing this game and I even won, once in awhile.
Can get a little rowdy but with only a $1.00 to lose it's really fun.
Winner gets the 'pot' in the center of table after all players have gone on Welfare and lost due to lower cards.

Oh yea ~ and I know we all like the Strat but we should be looking for other venues besides just the Strat so folks don't get bored and have to worry about long distances to drive...just a thought.
 flowerchyld
Msg: 164
Posted: 3/31/2008 4:46:26 PM
Cammie...welcome back
No need to apologize for pics...your health is more important!!!
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 165
Posted: 3/31/2008 6:16:40 PM
Yes a healthy cammie is so much more important...

If possible for this spring fling thing can we do it on a Sat insted of a Friday if it is on a Sat i can help decorate if needed or whatever else.
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 168
Posted: 3/31/2008 8:03:25 PM
Hey Susie, the idea of the food is that we're not all lushes at the party!

I think when too much free is offered and then it's no longer offered in a certain time frame, then folks move on to the next place; granted they'd still have to pay for their drinks in other bar areas; also, we've been at Strat so often now, what about the peeps that have to drive 30+ miles to get there, not to mention the folks from out of state; we should move it around a bit, don't you think..we don't wanna become "regulars" or anything
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 169
Posted: 3/31/2008 8:20:37 PM
well just a heads up the morning after the st pats party while sitting there eating breakfast Steve mentioned that he was thinking for our next one insted of us having cheep drinks for an hour he was going to do like a 1 or 2 dollar u call it for 3 hours.... If he gives a good deal i am not opposed to being a regular....lol BUt i like the idea of moving it around too like maybe ST CHARLES!!!! LOL
 frls74
Msg: 170
Posted: 3/31/2008 8:39:52 PM
Steve told us that we would have free drinks for one hour, and $2.00 drinks all night, he didn't give us either. So before you plan anything based on his word, GET IT IN WRITING!

I learned the hard way, and didn't like having to explain to people why we weren't getting what had been promised to us.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 171
Posted: 3/31/2008 8:56:57 PM
hey Pam, if you can find someplace in St Charles that is free to get in and can give us a great discount, and will hold 200 plus people let me know and I will help you. I just am not sure that anything around St Charles will hold that many people without charging us an arm and leg for it.
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 172
Posted: 4/1/2008 12:40:44 PM
I will do some searching and see what i can come up with....LOL
 TheKidof72
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/1/2008 9:25:49 PM
Ethyls is a really cool place to hang out. We can even get there early on a Saturday and stay late (well the place closes at 1am) but I have gone there many times, and this can also be opened to those under the age of 21 as well. We have had family get togethers there with all the kids as well. If we wait till warmer weather, they have outdoor volleyball courts as well as picnic tables, horseshoes, and for anyone that needs to bring along their children, they have a playground as well (well I guess the playground could be for the adults also).
 kenharleyride
Msg: 176
Posted: 4/2/2008 1:39:56 AM
did theresa say party in her pants . sounds good to me but not after 200 people .when is the first camping trip .......
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 177
Posted: 4/2/2008 12:21:35 PM
Ethyls is a great place ! I was actually thinking that as well before it was posted. The other place all though i have not been there so i am not sure what or how big is it yet is the MOnkey Bar off of 94. And Parrots On 94 i go in there all the time and i will see if the manager will give us some kind of a deal for the night maybe they would only let POF people in not sure how many they hold but im working on it.... LOL Having Van toubles this week so not able to do a lot of looking.
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 179
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:39:08 AM
Will do!

ok more banana man then if its too short!!! lol

HarleyKat~
Msg: 180
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:40:54 AM

we probably won't get the happy hour or the food... but this is how I look at it... if you can't afford to buy your own drinks then maybe you shouldn't be out there drinking.

IF the REASON that freebies and reduced prices were offered were simply to lure in the folks who cannot afford to buy their own drinks...I would concur with this ignorant statement...but that is NOT their purpose!

Try taking a look at it from a perspective other than just a participant! Place of business is gaining 300+ NEW CUSTOMERS when a POF party is hosted at their venue. Of those, at least 50% will be returning customers. Also, place of business is getting MUCH FREE advertisement from having their info posted on the site, MySpace pages, and other profiles of members.

It really is NO DIFFERENT than utilizing a Happy Hour...which businesses offer as a means of gaining business during otherwise slow periods. They MUCH rather have customers in paying reduced prices (which pays for their employees to be there prior to the rushes!) than having NO CUSTOMERS.

I do agree that I much prefer the $1 or $2 pricing for several hours, over the one or two hours of freebie well! Heck...I am lucky if I am able to get ONE drink during that time period, at most of the functions!

Ethyls kicks butt...I would definitely attend a function there! ;O) Another place in that area...I believe on 94...'Vettes or Corvettes? I believe it is really close to the Monkey Bar which I am always hearing about. This place would not hold a HUGE number, but it has awesome food, good prices, lots of seating.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 181
Posted: 4/3/2008 9:28:06 AM
Hey Cammie...I still have a whole disk of photos from this party, that John the photog sent...so if you can give me uploading priviledges, I will post em!
 frls74
Msg: 182
Posted: 4/3/2008 9:42:15 AM
I checked into Ethyl's for the September Meet & Greet, they only could accommodate about 150 people. They have sand volleyball leagues, so the outer area is used often also. I'd love to have it there, but don't think it could handle the crowd.

Welcome back Kat! nice to see you posting again!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 184
Posted: 4/3/2008 12:26:10 PM
Thanks, Bill! :) Decided I just couldn't let a few buttheads keep me from the great friends and forum rapport I have grown fond (addicted!) of! ;)

Jeannie...I think Tiffany is planning the next party, pending securing location of a spot!

I think Ethyls would do fine if it was done before the main volleyball starts up....and it would just have to be a "first come, first served" sort of thing! :)
 TheKidof72
Msg: 185
Posted: 4/3/2008 3:55:20 PM
The Monkey Bar is a really cool place to go, but not sure if they would be able to hold us. I know that they have a small restuarant on one side and then there are a few bars, but not sure how many that place will really hold. But if you need any help looking into it, let me know.

As far as All Stars, I am familiar with this place as well. I used to go there for keroke nights, but haven't been in a while. This is also a small venue as well. Not sure if it will hold a big group. But that is also something we need to see, if there is something in St Charles area, how many people will it be bringing in?
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 186
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:26:32 PM
So far not having any luck with any place that will even hold us...LOL
Parrots off 94 parking alone would nto hold us...oh well i will keep searching
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  >