Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Almost 50 and starting to hate mirrorsPage 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Ok well a little advice.. don't look into a mirror bending over.. only look into a mirror when you are lying flat on your back buahahaahah rofl... Now THAT is why I don't get on top.. oooops did I say that???
 HereN916
Msg: 54
Almost 50 and starting to hate mirrors
Posted: 3/21/2008 6:59:59 PM
I have found one thing to help: just remember when you get on top, stay in the sitting position..............
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/22/2008 9:43:27 AM

I guess i'm lucky i wasn't much of a looker when i was younger...
and the 'on top' comment...once there, keep looking at the ceiling...never down (where gravity falls!!!)

....That reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend. We were talking about Mel Gibson at the time and she said, "Oh Ila, wouldn't you just love to be looking up into those beautiful blue eyes of his?"......My response, "yeah, I don't think I'd want to be on top and looking down"

...maeflowers
 spellbyndr
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/23/2008 6:15:04 AM
I'm almost 52...I look in the mirror and see the same things.......when I tell people my age, most react like this: wow, I thought you were in your 40's...lying? who knows, who cares.....the problem I think especially in american society is that so much emphasis is placed on looking young....how many "ordinary" people do you see on tv commercials? not many, they all look like fashion model....this country is very quick to put their "old" people out to pasture...in Europe older women are revered, looked upon as beautiful....it also doesn't help to see men our age with a 20 or 30 something on their arm...we women in our 50's look better today than our mothers did...we take better care of ourselves.......it's all about attitude.....I go out occassionally to clubs with my friends, most of whom are in their late 30's and 40's..I'm the oldest in the group, I'm amazed at just how many young men hit on me.(I know it's the MILF thing, but flattering just the same) .the older ones, they're too busy hitting on the young ones to notice that there are many beautiful 50 somethings out there with tons of energy, who are well worth taking a 2nd look at.......I see a lot of this on this site also..men our age looking for women in their 30's.....first of all, what do they really have in common with women 20 or 30 yrs their junior? It's a shame really...society has made it hard to age gracefully.......just accept yourself the way you are....exercise, get outside, color that gray.....but don't be ashamed of those lines....you earned them! My sweet daughter calls them character lines!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/23/2008 9:54:33 AM

Candy, I LOVE that...............so true! I still feel beautiful inside most of the time but I sure don't look it anymore! At least not in my opinion!

...Thats "your" opionion. I think you look fantasic. No, seriously, I do....you have an infectious smile and a very youthful look about you. Never would I have guessed you to be 58.

...maeflowers
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/16/2008 6:12:07 PM
...My son-in-law says that you know how the daughter is going to turn out just by looking at her mother...and he says he lucked out. He's been my favourite son-in-law ever since haha

...maeflowers
 clasact
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2008 7:05:25 PM
I have no problem with mirrors. I use them frequently to make certain everything is STILL where it's supposed to be......and it is ......for the time being.
However, there's a certain inner beauty that shows on the outside as one ages and all the things learned over a lifetime. When I look at that face staring back at me in the mirror I see and produce a big grin and think.............."If they ONLY knew what was going on inside of my head". ~snicker~
 arwen52
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2008 7:31:30 PM
If I had known that 55 would look and feel this good, I would have done it sooner! I do not color the grey or even use makeup, but I'm in good shape, usually smiling, and guys young enough to be my kid tell me that because of it they think I'm attractive. I feel much better about my appearance than when I was younger, probably because I feel much better about myself.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/17/2008 9:52:55 PM

One of the downsides, to my LASIK surgery, is being able to see MYSELF clearly, first thing in the morning

...Oh good grief, looks like that might be a question I may need to ask on the first date,...."you didn't happen to get lasik eye surgery did you?"

...maeflowers
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/19/2008 12:16:42 PM
...we all see different things when we look into a mirror and we are our own worst critic. I have good days and bad days depending on my mood, my health and how much sleep I've had. And your right, sometimes people can breathe life into us, their good for our ego and good for our soul. Just having someone who "cares" about you makes a difference in how you view yourself.

...maeflowers
 PosterChild4Ugly
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 12:51:16 AM
Well, maybe the mirror isn't the "friend" it once was but ...

The Mirror©

Sunshine shoots through the windows and fills the house with grace,
Ricochets around the room and finds my weathered face.

Standing at a mirror I see refracted light
On wrinkles, lines and eyes of mine reflected to my sight.

The youth that once looked back at me
Has gone – I know not where – in vain I search the glass, and find: No … it isn’t there.

Instead I see the wrinkles – they are stress of many years
Produced by times of doubt and my unfounded fears.

My eyes see lines and furrows as they track across my face
Hard times are buried there as my eyes complete the trace.

At the corners of my eyes I see a pair of old “crows feet”
They’re etched there forever from those times my life was sweet.

A lifetime full of memories comes bouncing off the glass
A memory consumes me - as I feel still more time pass.

In the Winter of a lifetime, ‘tis memories that come to stay
Oh, thank God I have them – pray they never go away.

I turn from my glass mirror – that used to be my friend
As thoughts of those reflections I try to comprehend.

My face it is my diary of experience I’ve had
And then I tell myself: “You know … those lines …
they really aren’t so bad.”

j. hogan clark - 2001
 ldyteach
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/3/2008 4:53:06 PM
"thank god your eye sight starting to go too, this way i cant see whats in the mirror"

Thanks for the chuckle!
 idahosun
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 5:36:39 PM
While having a skin cancer screening, I told the doc, "I never realized I would come to hate my skin so much!" And I don't like it at all -it's wrinkly, has brown spots, falls here and there...but as a "feminazi" I totally resent the opinions that women were taught by the feminists to look like construction workers - nothing could be further from the truth! What we taught was to be comfortable with who you are and make your own decisions as to who that person is and if that includes makeup, styled hair, so be it, just don't want to be judged as a piece of meat instead of a warm, giving loving human being. I do not like getting older and my appearance, but it sure beats the alternative and I can be oh-so-grateful I am not lying in a burn unit somewhere, dying from skin cancer or merely surviving on a few grains of rice per day - it's all in one's perspective as to what is and what is not important. We all age, like it or not...
 AnglFlynToCloseToGround
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/23/2008 2:20:10 PM
I get up and look in the mirror ... There is this old wrinkly ugly person/thing there ... The mirror cRaCkS a little more ... The neighborhood dogs start hOwling and my dog CRIES ...
Ya have to have a sense of humor about it ... Its life ...

Vannili
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 4:43:46 PM
50 years old is not crucial," I believe that beauty first before age." I am 56 years old and I thank God that I reach this age because not every one is lucky to reach this age. Beauty is not really, on the smoothness of facial or greying hair and bikini body but the kindness ,compassion to others and a passion for life. The wisdom that I gathered on my years makes me tranquil,loving,wise and appreciate what the providence hand to me. Ps my photos was taken 3 months ago
 Vannili
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 4:43:59 PM
50 years old is not crucial," I believe that beauty first before age." I am 56 years old and I thank God that I reach this age because not every one is lucky to reach this age. Beauty is not really, on the smoothness of facial or greying hair and bikini body but the kindness ,compassion to others and a passion for life. The wisdom that I gathered on my years makes me tranquil,loving,wise and appreciate what the providence hand to me. Ps my photos was taken 3 months ago
 DenimNdreams
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 8:12:28 PM
I AM past 50 and figure if I made it this far then I made if for a reason. But I do agree with alot of the posts you got. Do things for you now. Whenever I hear a comment about someone approaching 50 I just tell them they are at the age where they should say "so what" to everything. We had our days at being young and firm and now its our age to say YEAH we made it! Just relish in the fact that you can laugh at how dumb some of these youngsters are. Get yourself a nice car, dye your hair and look around you. I guarnatee you there is another woman out there who is younger then you and going thru the same feelings, we all do. I just put the mirror in a different bedroom so i don't have to see myself til I am ready to go out. And NEVER go out without taking pride in yourself and looking good at least for you!!!!!
 AnglFlynToCloseToGround
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/23/2008 8:58:49 PM
Juut wanna say that you ALL look GOOD for your age ...

lbiker
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/24/2008 1:12:22 AM
I LOVE All OF YOU OLD WRINKLEY PEOPLE!!!!
Didnt we all wonder if our Butts were too Big?? No Poblem now we have 2 butts, one in back and one in front.
Didnt we all (girls) hollar at our Moms My Pony Tail Is TOO TIght Now We would love to have hair long enough to pull it back to pull out the wrinkles.
We started in diapers.. Yep we will end up that way.

Ive never won the war with the mirror,,anyway that I turn it doesnt look right..
Just for the record, I work out 6 days a week, I do physical labor, I dress appropriatly, I have manners, brush my teeth.. have manners and dont judge others..
Because I know how much trouble I go through , I dont need to add to anothers.
Stevelfun: Love the Ibuprofen,,,Yeah BABY!!! Just waitin for the GERITOL to kick in..
Want a good laugh,,get 2 mirrors, so you can see front and back..You might want some tequilla first And the threading thing..How many threads can you get at one time..is it only for you face????? Other parts need love tooo!!!!!
THanks OP this was GREAT... I havent laughed this hard all day...
 weekendwriter
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/25/2008 5:13:23 PM
Oh for crying out loud...forget aging and be thankful for what you have in your life and go live large and do your bucket list!! Enjoy LIFE
 BBWCarla
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/25/2008 11:13:25 PM
I am nearly 50 and I LOVE mirrors!!! and Sex is amazing..........I just shot my 23 magazine at 47 and I got the cover!!! Age is a Gift
 Vannili
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2008 10:33:55 AM
heartuvgold: We can not be 18 yrs young forever, You can be beautiful at any advance age. Think* beauty first before age*...The trick is to invest on moisturizing creams and hair coloring , facial and body exercises, make up etc. But the real trick is to love and cherish yourself and have a loving heart to others... Check my profile eh, not bad for 56, these are pics are only less not a year old...
 VaFishnetstockings4u
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2008 9:43:00 PM
Honey don't hate that mirror- Look in it and smile let it be your best friend
tell yourself that you are someone that a age is just a number and that your
young at heart and be proud to be here on God's Earth. Turning 50 OMG I'll
be doing that in Three months and I'm in my sexual prime and at my best and
looking forward to climing that hill cause to me I am someone and I'm happy
to be alive here on earth and having the love , support of my family and friends.
Learn to love the mirror tell ya self dang I'm looking good if I do say so myself!
Smile sweety count those wrinkles and I find gray hair sexy so be happy with who
you are all the best to you in life and love.

-Brenny
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >