Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 94
A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............Page 10 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
If you've caged a thing that should be free, don't begrudge her flight at first chance- "She's well-treated... protected, fed, never harmed". You fool yourself. The absence of malice isn't kindness. Kindness is active and vibrant, not just a lack of cruelty. Instead of creating prettier cells, kindness opens doors.

(Flocculation is an excellent word- it sounds so d i r t y ! )
 transcend
Msg: 95
view profile
History
A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............
Posted: 8/27/2008 10:57:23 PM
i wonder why peer pressure never causes anyone to go to med school or become a saint
or do anything extraodinarily outstanding.. you think people would notice that listening to others about what you should do..never ends with you reaching higher
or rising above your peers at all
 WeAre1
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 4:06:47 AM
often when I write something happens to me..... almost like my mind takes a back seat... letting go allowing the words to flow....not coming from me at all but somewhere else...bypassing my subjectivity....most of the time anyway :)....feels like it comes through my heart and soul actually
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/15/2008 11:08:43 PM
still startled awake when you move in sleep, not yet accustomed to sharing a bed. remembering, I curl against you and smile when even in sleep you kiss me, stroke my hair. I rub my face against your smooth skin before I drift away, carrying your scent into my dreams
 Brizo
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:04:03 AM
Poised on the brink of buying propane. Should I wait? Will falling oil prices reflect in savings? What will happen to my mutual funds? Will I pay, in a personal way, for financial sins I was no part of? Oh, America....
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/22/2008 11:31:25 PM
I surprised by how much a really, dirty - I mean filthy- text message can make me smile all day. You're so much fun.
 doinmeinps
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/22/2008 11:50:35 PM
Dusk and the highway slithers like a snake on desert sand. Sun baked tires piled high against an old wooden fence. The old man sits and plays a hand of poker with the sun, the wind, and the highway. This old one pump gas station on route 66.
 transcend
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2008 3:19:40 PM
laughing at this lingering look , a scramble of synapses ,
spiders knee jerking around the octogon knowing only they belong
yet nervous in their kneeling to base eight
..if this ever was a place from which Eden can be found
did the map have to include all the wrong turns?
 transcend
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2008 6:54:46 PM
dirty hands

Melodrama majesty asking more than looks that sell,
as the maladroit mastery escapes your grasp
it isnt easy to be harder than the diamond of our dreams
much easier to grab some coal and wait cause
all it takes is time and pressure
(not enough of one, too much of the other)
 *mandrake*
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/5/2008 5:41:52 AM
I see, in post 361, you dropped a piece of toast on the floor. Now I have eaten my share of dirt in my life, and my floors are never that dirty. Thinkin in hungryspect, I would have eaten that toast without a thought....just don't eat any yellow snow!
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/18/2008 12:19:54 AM
three little words have subtly changed everything between us, and I'm unsure how I feel about the difference: every gesture sings with hidden meaning, each word holds an obscure texture. what was unfettered and easy is now complex and intricate, different. will we adjust, adapt, thrive?
 Spider_Woman
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/10/2011 6:43:19 AM
One day to sleep in, and the phone rings prelight. I burrow under covers, issuing threats and hideous blasphemies, then sense a presence. My loverman bending down to put his face next to mine. Laughing at my rudeness. Finds my foulness funny. Fulfilling a fantasy I never knew I had.
 foffeefifo
Msg: 106
Posted: 9/12/2011 8:22:03 AM
wow, this is fun

and different

so little truly known of loved ones gone forever
time the calm flat ocean beguiling us into a complacency of steadiness
never feeling the wavering, quavering of it hurrying on
the dangerous swift undertow pulling us away from life
i so wish i had not pretended they would live forever
 rosebud2333
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2011 1:49:31 PM
Buy myself a bike, show my grandson. "It is pink and it has flowers. This is a girl's bike." I'm climbing on. "I'm about to see Nana crash her head!" I weave and wobble across yard..."Wow! Nana, you're the only old person I know that can ride a bike!"
 rosebud2333
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2011 3:18:58 PM
He cheated.... is begging forgivness, talking suicide. Baits me with my beloved woods.. on the grass trying to rekindle flames, somehow survive..halfway there I begin to cry wildly..... cool drop of water from a wild huckleberry bush drops straight into my lips. We laugh....come together ..... last time ever.
 foffeefifo
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/14/2011 6:34:14 PM
lamar, town drunk. weaving wildly thru all two streets of our downtown on his tricycle. (donated by the Baptists). mostly he sags against the wall of the This N'That.
Broad freckled face. eyes deeply lined now. He is an abandoned house now, searching for something left behind by mistake
 foffeefifo
Msg: 110
Posted: 9/18/2011 6:21:25 AM
the bells did toll once again as barefoot children with ballooned bellies gather like dessicated poppies in dead gardens. two hundred thousand small hands and feet have died. the bells are silent now, melted down for more bullets, bullets that gave birth to more barefoot children with footprints of death
 davidioanid70888
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/18/2011 6:50:00 AM
The fools look upon the world and see only pleasure
The lost look upon the world and see only pain
The wise look upon the world and see their work cut out for them.

If you meet the Buddha, kill him; if you meet your father, kill him; bound by nothing, holding nothing live your life as it is..
Don't get too attached to things

Listen to the sound of the falling leaves
Slipping quietly to the beds below
They fear nothing and make no cry
Why do we resist death so much?
We will just be returning
To where we have been growing toward
And we will find rest at last
Listen to the sound of falling leaves.
 Spider_Woman
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/18/2011 9:28:03 PM
Sitting here feeling slightly demoralized and scandalized, but supremely thankful. Tales about people who still date their ex's ("platonically") or constantly talk online ("just-friends") don't always end well. Huzby has believed in me steadfastly even though two of my best friends are male... I must remember to thank him.
 foffeefifo
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/19/2011 2:38:07 AM
miss tillie turned 97 .
with pride, she informs---
always with a kick.
(not mere swipe or punt).
But full buck-and-winger-rockette-high-knee-to-nose kinda agility that sets 17 bracelets (some plastic neon glow in the dark ) around her stick wrist JANGLING.
"I was hot" she adds, winking.

miss tillie at the hospice thrift store, all 87 pounds, four feet 10 inches of her has captured my heart so totally, I am badgering her to adopt me. If she doesn't, i'm gonna adopt her.
 Beautifulgirl4u
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/22/2011 2:05:12 PM
A slice of life. We would all have to agree that life is really quite nice. Each day is sweeter that the day before and good people makes living worth living for. Today a child laughed and I knew I heard an angel and a stranger smiled I smiled back and we shared a moment.
 starfish196483
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/22/2011 4:05:54 PM
Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth, Deal with it!
 cesska
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2015 10:55:18 PM
I need a reason to wake up so it is
the YOUNG AND RESTLESS and that is wearing thin new
writers, I like to sleep and that is about it
want to watch billy brown relaxes me THE ALASKA BUSH
DON'T want to go no where it's too much trouble
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/30/2015 3:50:05 PM
The YOUNG AND THE REST OF US starring craggy-faced Victor, left orphaned, now a self made business mogul, married at one time to most of the women in Genoa City, Wis. though the love of his life is the long-suffering Nicky, former stripper, cult member, secret alcoholic who...

Struggles now with a dread disease and can no longer play her grand piano with 'feeling' as Victor in the background sips his brandy. That 'new Billy' hate him, too bland, the previous Billy was edgy and a little crazy sexy...'Austin murder storyline---yawn~Is Kelly REALLY dead? Yikes!
 cesska
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2015 10:22:06 PM
is joe dead avery pushed
Kelly keeps calling from where
Sharon can't kill she's ill
Courtney's dead who will be
left or next kill phyl

I love victor he solves
is mike giving lauren away
nick's true love don't last
adam tell her I beg
or sage speak up now
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............