Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 transcend
Msg: 26
view profile
History
A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............Page 2 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
stories rerun ,memories rewritten in the kindness of regrets frozen to your tongue by the inability to ever speak of them..to the one that matters. loss is never static ,.. it grips so hard ,.. if we do whats normal ,..let it go.. justice or betrayal..
or time's gentle hand
 Brwn Beauty
Msg: 27
A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:09:26 AM
What a joyous surprise! Your Aussie cadence whispering in my ear once again. Disbelief and happiness comingle in my soul, i'm overwhelmed and humbled. THANK YOU GOD! Your words - convey exactly what is needed - my soul is at peace. Loving you is - it's own perfection. Can't wait to be together.
 transcend
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 5:24:19 AM
skin job, Decker called them ..people created or created to be people,
do the dirty work , breathe, laugh, cry and rapidly die, ..well made,
beauty if it matters , touch the real,..see far into blindness,..
so different from you or I..
but then what are you
and who am I?
 transcend
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2008 10:02:57 PM
random runes , genuine glyphs, a message meant to matter,
giving ground to avoid the grind of accepting everything
words splash into your face , projectiles from a madmans mortor
you realized long ago.. this game isnt for you
the target stoops to be hit, crawls to embrace it.. for what?
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/7/2008 10:06:05 PM
Your laughter contained my world. Day began with your smile, ended with your sighs. Your skin, tangled thoughts, roadmaps used to plan my journey. When you left I crumpled, then figured out my own damn way. You're back, but I've forgotten how to read your signs. You're a forsaken destination.
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/7/2008 10:16:38 PM
oh, excellent!

You'd think I'd finally learn that all education doesn't have to be hands-on, hearts-on, bang your head against the wall 'til it finally sinks in, wouldn't you? You'd think....
 transcend
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2008 7:27:37 PM
the up and down of what can be isnt fair game for word play
all it takes is one time of standing with turned out pockets
on a street with no friends
you know that feeling and never let the taste leave your memory
it gets you up when nothing else will

it wakes you in a motel with tears on your face
getting up quietly to go cry in the bathroom
so your sleeping children aren't frightened
even more

it makes just feeding a good meal an accomplishment
finding ways to pay the docs and get the dentists to wait
to understand how shallow the manufactured wants of life
appear on tv and seem to matter

funny isnt a joke , anymore
 expat57
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:39:26 PM
Email. Same written conversation over and over. Becomes tedious to type yet again. Tempted to cut and paste. Why do they always ask for my phone number? Just decide to meet and have those conversations in person .....and for the last time, I do not date men much younger men!
 expat57
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 2:13:31 PM
*scolding myself playfully .. should have said 'I do not date men much younger than me' .. but that makes the wrong word count .. then a lightbulb goes off .. proofreading!*
 transcend
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 9:04:10 AM
change lifts a window and slips in, never quiet enough to be silent,
but often under hearing's threshhold, slowly or fast it moves the mountain,
dams the river and slows the fall.. alters time in ways that are ahead but invisible,
until you look back... curse or blessing..it comes
 qriosity
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2008 9:39:37 PM
Grandma’s magical garden

Hummingbirds, parrots, butterflies, the stray dog. Gathered together. Their morning gab. The frogs belatedly join, croaking broken ‘good mornings’, deep inside the well. Me, perched on the wooden fence, gaping holes to swing my tiny legs just so.

Inter-ruption.

Mama: Mending that fence yet?
Grandma smiles.

“Welcome” sign, not needed.
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/12/2008 5:37:52 AM
To long for one locked behind the door
Whose eyes can't reach the sky
Forever bound by those that keep her
But every day I try.

She lives so far away
And neither one can bend
For to meet in the middle
Would our loneliness end

Instead we battle onward
Each day a bouncing ball
A system of no rhythm or rhyme,
just lots of wasted, cruel and lonely time.

transcend
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2008 11:05:17 AM
adjusting my eyes down to so fine a point.. to see the difference between.
what happens when the larger scale weighs me down
getting caught in the wrong perspective , failing to flex faster than the scenery
it takes a week for the bruise to fade..the one you can see
 transcend
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2008 1:45:16 AM
what gives something value? a shine ,a glow, a gleem in your eye
why this one and never that, just figuring it out seems to tarnish a bit
are we more willing to give the benefit .. when less is known?
seems backwards ..mystery morphs to mystique
adds to the shine
 expat57
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2008 6:49:56 AM
Kinda know a date isn’t going well when I realize I don’t want to meet his d*ck. Ever. Not that he wouldn't want that introduction but when I know it’s never going to be part of the alure, time to smile, tell the truth .. gently .. go home to memories.
 genegem
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/14/2008 8:39:19 AM
Which way will cards fall. The winner takes it all. Fairweather friends abound, but will they still be around when I have nothing left to lose, and am bereft of love and life and soul, abandoned like a troll post voted off the thread...only pain is in my head.
 expat57
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2008 10:00:16 PM
Bought me coffee tonight. Not a date. Not really. She wanted to talk .. to be considered. I said ‘What the hell.’ I was sure I would not be sitting across from her thinking I would never want to meet her dangling parts. Not a romantic match .. but made a friend.
 transcend
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2008 6:51:04 PM
running blind ,eyes closed ,hands over ,blindfold on,. still i see you smiling up at me
kisses tasting of every time we touch the deepest part of the darkest night until
the sounds you made sing to me of everything that was or ever will be and still..
never again
 expat57
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2008 8:53:08 PM
(couldn't resist the follow-up transcend.. *grin* ..)

Never again? Let me tell you about never again. Never again with a self-professed player. Deceived me. Lied to me. Stole from me. What’s that? You don’t want to be a player anymore? That path’s a dance of communication and learning. You might be too Machismo for that pursuit.
 expat57
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2008 10:23:09 PM
Copywrite Infringment Laws. Independent art film tonight. Protesting being sued. 'Art' on display. Some chick covertly snipped bits from people’s clothing. Stuck it to rag board. Art? This crap doesn’t deserve my comments. Can’t believe the university would condone through sponsorship criminal activity. Head of Art Department came. Impressionable minds.
 expat57
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2008 11:46:16 PM
(Where did you say this gent is? It's been too long, Rose .. way too long .. but I wasn't really one to go for the boys in the band.... I was more the one sipping beverages in the dark corner enraptured by the intellect of a not-of-the-mainstream sort.)
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/18/2008 11:54:16 PM
Spring cleaning, out goes this, that -- perfectly stained slides, grandfather's first editions, letters of love long gone, stones (from where?), trip tickets for vacations unremembered, a dream or two, a dream of two. And yet a dream to be, of two, too. I couldn't have asked for more. Or less.
 Brizo
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2008 7:56:11 AM

Kinda know a date isn’t going well when I realize I don’t want to meet his d*ck. Ever. Not that he wouldn't want that introduction

Thank you for putting truth into words....I have rationalized myself into dating at times because they were nice and I was waiting for sexual interest to kick in - which never did....

I am keeping this as my mantra. Seems I've gone from letting my nether parts do the searching when I was young to letting my head search now that I'm older...perhaps I should give the heart a chance to speak up, eh?
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/19/2008 11:58:20 PM
Keenly a tresspasser, rifling a life's detritus. Grannie's junk. Barricade, family joke, armor of misery. "When I clean my house....." ..... now, what to do with it all, what IS that?, why give room in your life and soul for such sickness? Never understand. Didn't like you, but I loved you.
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/20/2008 12:56:37 AM
always I have to strain to hear your words... have to crane to catch your smile... have to tug each response from your lips... have to pursue each interaction... haven't decided yet if you're worth the trouble.
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............