Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 expat57
Msg: 76
view profile
History
A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............Page 4 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
“Can the man get a hearty, ‘Screw that!’”.. The cloned masses turn, lifting their voices in cheering agreement before turning back into formation, marching rank and file, their joyful obedience earning Albert Einstein’s contempt, given a large brain by mistake, since for them just the spinal cord would have sufficed.
 expat57
Msg: 77
view profile
History
A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............
Posted: 5/26/2008 10:57:15 AM
He was adorable, running along kitchen counter’s splash guard. Left him pecan halves, grapes, other nibbles. Then learned he had family. Set out the live traps. 52! Relocated the whole group, strapped to the back of his motorcycle, to the nature reserve where they probably became bird or critter snacks.
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/29/2008 9:44:07 PM
I'm tired of being the strong one...I'm scared too...don't look at me, why the hel would you think I have the answers...I'm every bit as confused as everyone else...I'm just as off-balance with our foundation crumbling...don't know what to do...maybe it's just I'm tired
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/30/2008 9:49:22 PM
Forced meditation, waiting for the calamine to dry, sitting lotus - arms out( 'cause it'll stain forever). Ignoring the primal desire to claw 'til it bleeds. Learning patience- trying patience. How long does poison ivy last?!
 transcend
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2008 12:36:08 AM
cycles of sadder moments ,
sent away more than once ,
return to probe your defenses
are you feeling weak ? alone..
remember when..
this isnt forebrain stuff
it crawls out of the past
says " maybe this time"
but you know ..
still ,could one call hurt

didn't you already find that out?
 grizzerman
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2008 8:58:12 AM
All red and orange
You warm the land
From mountain trees
To white beach sand
You climb the sky and warm Gods seed
His miracle to grow,all men to feed
At daylights end,you make your peace
With diming light,your last release
You crowd the stars,they turn to run
The giver of life,Gods rising sun
 transcend
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2008 10:41:02 AM
how do we stop things ending badly?
no one admits wanting that, yet they must..
perverse paens to the organ rending birds that plague us aside...
can we be our own best friend and still believe?
is the price of conscience paid for bringing fire to man
or burning just to watch the blaze?
 transcend
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2008 7:39:26 PM
chasing 6 tacos with lemonade isnt going to help me thru the morning after..
I have to like the feel of fire.. its good , once in a while to go all the way
or so it seems til right after you do.. consequences swell until nothing else matters,
almost
 brunett27
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/4/2008 7:53:20 PM
What a creative challenge! Here goes... Simplicity in life, soft rain, thunder and lightening, bright and pastel flowers, howling wind, lovely music, my sweet pet's face, my lovely child's smile, majestic hills and mountains, blue waters, warm hands, tight hugs, aromas from my favorite meals, powerful perfumed fragrances all are the beautiful things of my world.
 expat57
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2008 2:40:00 AM
He wakes me nearly every morning now, tapping my shoulder, insisting I rub his head and his cheek and under the feathers on his neck. He wants me to get up so he can ride on my shoulder while I brew coffee and make his breakfast of fruit and eggs.
 grizzerman
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2008 9:58:26 PM
well there's 3 dogs..............................3 cats and a goat at my place..............they also see the morning sun..................and they wait wait wait...............for the breakfast buckets..................it's thier need to please me and i them that gives us such love...
now we wait for the evening cans to pop open............................
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/22/2008 8:09:43 AM
Sunlight plays on ripples in the water, obscuring my view. Unable to see where I step, I have to trust my feet to find their own safe way. I slide a bit on the flat stones but always find my way to surer footing. There's a lesson here, I know.

(Must be kismet, 50 words without editing!)
 transcend
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2008 6:01:10 AM
simple sat upon his ass never knowing,
that more than he owns the path to something more,
can you reach him without confusion,
teach him without destroying all that makes him unique .
we are nothing more than brothers to his soul
and sisters to his heart
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/10/2008 12:49:54 AM
Sweet child teetering on that aching brink the crevasse between girl and woman what words can I give you to help you make the journey safely without spoiling each of life's surprises instincts, heart and mind- just listen and trust yourself above all else
 tranquilrose
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 7:09:05 PM
Love
Laughter
Ever after.
Honey
Darling
Flowers
Starling.
Family
Friends
Honesty
Pretends.
Having fun
Summer sun.
Fresh air
Arm chair.
Wake
Sleep
Appointments to keep.
Meals to prepare
Find a bus fare.
Lock house
Trap mouse.
Hugs
Bugs
Cleaning rugs.
Milking herds
A slice of life in 50 words!!!!
 expat57
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 4:43:26 PM
"Once I realized what page you were on, I cautioned myself to be careful we wouldn't be just about sex." .. "What page am I on and when did you figure it out?" .. "About 5 minutes after we were naked....page 26." .. "Alphabetically that would be 'Z'."

((His smiling eyes lit up! 'I got him...!...'))
 expat57
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2008 6:53:39 PM
In 50 words .. exactly .. Met him here on POF. The sort of man who 'doesn't do dating sites' .. encouraged by a friend, he browsed even though he was browsing for the impossible: a person of the female persuasion on the same page as he. OutsideTheBox4sure .. and his name is Dave.
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/2/2008 5:34:39 AM
my times-are-tough mantra is The Only Thing That Stays The Same Is Change... find comfort in the oddest things... but sometimes I still buck it. There's a cold and sterile place that used to be filled with a passionate mind. Find myself keening in the emptiness.
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/4/2008 9:18:11 PM
If you've caged a thing that should be free, don't begrudge her flight at first chance- "She's well-treated... protected, fed, never harmed". You fool yourself. The absence of malice isn't kindness. Kindness is active and vibrant, not just a lack of cruelty. Instead of creating prettier cells, kindness opens doors.

(Flocculation is an excellent word- it sounds so d i r t y ! )
 transcend
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 10:57:23 PM
i wonder why peer pressure never causes anyone to go to med school or become a saint
or do anything extraodinarily outstanding.. you think people would notice that listening to others about what you should do..never ends with you reaching higher
or rising above your peers at all
 WeAre1
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 4:06:47 AM
often when I write something happens to me..... almost like my mind takes a back seat... letting go allowing the words to flow....not coming from me at all but somewhere else...bypassing my subjectivity....most of the time anyway :)....feels like it comes through my heart and soul actually
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/15/2008 11:08:43 PM
still startled awake when you move in sleep, not yet accustomed to sharing a bed. remembering, I curl against you and smile when even in sleep you kiss me, stroke my hair. I rub my face against your smooth skin before I drift away, carrying your scent into my dreams
 Brizo
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:04:03 AM
Poised on the brink of buying propane. Should I wait? Will falling oil prices reflect in savings? What will happen to my mutual funds? Will I pay, in a personal way, for financial sins I was no part of? Oh, America....
 BonfireGoddess
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/22/2008 11:31:25 PM
I surprised by how much a really, dirty - I mean filthy- text message can make me smile all day. You're so much fun.
 doinmeinps
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/22/2008 11:50:35 PM
Dusk and the highway slithers like a snake on desert sand. Sun baked tires piled high against an old wooden fence. The old man sits and plays a hand of poker with the sun, the wind, and the highway. This old one pump gas station on route 66.
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > A Slice of Life In 50 Words .............