Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4408joseph
Msg: 82
view profile
History
what is child support meant for?Page 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

Josephine

You seem to not touch my situation!

should I be asking for cs ?

Not sure sweetie, but at your age, I would think it's a little late in the game trying to decide where to get money to raise a child...

Repeat the question if you like... I missed it, I'm slow like that.... I spent my college money on diapers and a crib...LMAO

But the jest of it would be.....

Get buck naked.. Stand up in a room with the lights on, see if you have a set of balls and then ask yourself..."Am I that big of a loser I can't support my children?? If YES ... then ya ,beg for money..

Ask the "X"!
Go on welfare!
Move in your Mom's basement!
Stand at the corner with a sign and a coffe cup.."Need child support money"

Cripes, don't anser here..... go anser the thread I'll start in 5 minutes in SP thread..

jadegreen
Msg: 88
view profile
History
what is child support meant for?
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:51:52 AM
Ever heard of La La World or Fantansy Land? Just curious? Reality is a good place to be when it comes to exes...lol ...Examples to come...
 4408joseph
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:45:52 AM

If you have never stood in open court while some sh*t head attorney belittles you with baseless insinuations or that overused, out of context, term DEADBEAT, you have not truly lived through the most humiliating moment in ones life.

Been there, did that.. spent time in jail several times under a total of 11 different charges, from stalking/firearms/assaults......Here's the kicker...Zero convictions

The X accused me of everthing except putting a winky in little johnnyin the shower.. Being a double college grad, still required to see Drs, anger mangement & parenting classes, and was only allowed to see my child 17 1 hour visits in 14 months while my 3 y.o was kept in Foster CareBY the great COURT SYSTEM of Maryland ...(yea, thats where they put your child when your X gets caught buying drugs in a city an hour away...)

So, I been there.... When the X truly gets that nasty, you pony up... You go through 8 attornies/ over a 100K, work 100+ hours a week, get full 100% custody, and go raise your child...period...

The x wants to send money, fine. The government wants to hand out an EIC at tax time, great. A cooperation/bank loan/insurance rate wants to give me a gratuity because I am a SP, killer... Doesn't happen... thats great too,. It's MY child, not yours ortheirs.

Child support is for women who are incapable of providing for their own child.

Bitter, lonely and empty tapeworms who force men to pay. They can't get love, so they force money from a man.

That's who gets support. It rarely goes to legitimate needy people.

Wow, sounds like someone has been brainwashed from dating some bitter NCP behind in support...IMHO........OR.... the profile is a fake and is a bitter NCP behind in support...
 4408joseph
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 8:37:36 AM
Well West,

But I do read and have read with great interest ....

Fine, then QUOTE me where.....

I just do not whine about not getting any finacial help like you do!

You might find the naked test will be alot easier on your cranium.

Now just by the simple fact that after a second post you had to ridicule my screen of a total stranger in cyberspace...LMAO,

I can only conjure up how much butterfly kisses and rainbows are loaded in your home...NOT!!!!

But I'll break it down for you...

so perhaps I have missed something that you and some of these other fine quality people have been given to understand regarding moral obligations, legal obligations.

Morally....... Since you didn't opt out for a condom or BJ,It's YOUR child, not mind...

Legally.....I would suggest you read Ontario's Family court Statues and Codes, but you already came forth announcing your lack of schooling, so I would suggest at this point consault in a Family Law Attorney... If money is a heartship, the courts may appoint you an attorney Pro-Bono..(that means free)

Good luck, feel free to email me if I can help in any other way in this matter.
 TallAndDark68123
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 9:31:20 AM
It is my understanding that each state has a set mandatory maximum calculation to determine child support. Your diviorce decree should state if you should pay an sports, activities, or share of medical costs.

If your paying the state mandated max then I would not pay her for sports fees, clothes, food, or anything else until the judge says you have to. Nebraska supreme court judges think that my two normal children are allowed $4,000 a month to be supported so she gets ZERO from me without a judges decision.

I think child support is for the support of the household and its REQUIRED services (food, heat, cloths, and a set minimuim medical). If the kids want to do optional things like wear expensive cloths or play a sport then the they can ask for more money but you do NOT normally have to go along with it. Last I heard a parent does not owe a child a college education or wedding so you can decide what YOU want to do.

I think it does a child good to have large financial stack in both an education and wedding so if they want to go expensive they can pay for it. Not saying I didn't help with both but my kids were taught the value of money. I taught my kids the value of money!
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 10:11:15 AM
lisawees said: "When the kids were young i used to go out with my girlfriends the night child support was paid just to piss him off"

NIIIIIIIICCCCE!

~ds~
 Lookin4possibilites
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 1:49:18 PM

learn all the basic fundamentals like running a credit check

Gosh, I must have dosed off during this portion of the class or something! Do they have refresher courses at the lair?? I got the eyelash batting and most of the entrapment down but I think I need to sharpen my skills on some of the paperwork required to do it all correctly!
 brandy_n_3
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:21:30 PM
It certainly doesn't osund like your ex is providing a safe, stable environment for them nor is she likely using the support for the kids. I have no advice for you, I just feel badly for the kids that they are livng in conditions and with peole like that. Your kids are older, do they have a choice where you are living to decide for themselves where they want to live? Out here a judge would take the opinion of a child aged 12 years and older on where they want to live when deciding custody. That would save on lawyer feesand child support if the kids can decide for themselves and provide them with a better home life.

I think the problem with these kinds of threads is so many guys with ex's like yours start t falsely assume that all CP misuse the child support while not providing for the kids at all. This is the minority of single parents, but can really jade someone on the chld support issue.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:55:47 PM
"Sounds like you need to take your boy with you when you haul cows. If I can take mine on rig moves, i am sure you can take yours to haul cows."

JBR, I'd research this before acting on it. I agree together time with your son would be beneficial to your relationship, but check your paperwork first, or make a phone call regarding transporting your (still minor) son across state lines. JMO

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 6:25:17 AM
JBR: "and it was offensive , to ncps everywhere. so congrads you managed to do ,what you set out to do."

It's only her opinion, Johnny. She's entitled to it as are we all to ours. Doesn't make any of them right.

~ds~
 SaltWaterCowBoy506
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/22/2008 9:18:38 AM
First of all Id say how dare you to even raise a discussion of this nature , which is very personal not to mention all so very unbalanced when it comes opinion"s. This is a dating site for mature adults. who do more that stay home all day clicking away on there computer wondering what they are going to order out for dinner.Oviously you dont understand the law. But you reap the benifits and show your self proud by displaying such arragance while thousands of fathers are and have been abused by the system, due to a french chic who not only lobbied the house but surely used certain tactics..including dinners and sleep overs.Sure we know as men /as fathers our responsabilties, yet we have no right to see and be with our children just because the plaintive says so. As you call them dead beat DADS. these men some how have no right to see there children.. yet are expected to give the custodian babysitting money.

You maybe should start a thread how we the family unit should stay connected while both parents share equally the childrens best interest not what it can do for you....

Believe me the FMEP.. has way to much power over my personal living.. . just check the FMEP web site... and i live in a demacratic country....???

yea right!!

Ps.. and iv noticed you do post many threads . where do you get the time??
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 9:22:03 AM
OP, it's an endless debate which will continue with the system as it currently exists. For example, you, as a former CP, are begrudging your ex for the paltry $546/month he paid. I'm not sure when you divorced and support was calculated. But I can tell you in the mid 90's in the state of Michigan, that both parties' incomes are plugged into the computer along with the number of children to be supported. Based on the state's formula, the amount is set. The way they still do it. Therefore, I find it OFFENSIVE for you to bad mouth your ex for the amount he paid ($546/month) when it was the state that calculated what that amount was to be.

If he sucked as a father and didn't spend any time with his son, bad mouth him all you want if it makes you feel better. If he was 'deadbeat' and shirked his obligation, bad mouth him some more. But to bad mouth him for ACCEPTING his responsibility and PAYING the support he was ordered to pay, is pretty hateful and shameful on your part IMO.

So as you stated in a previous post about it being OFFENSIVE for an NCP to whine about paying mediocre amounts of support, so too, is it OFFENSIVE for a CP to whine about the NCP when they are paying the amount they were ordered to pay by the Friend of the Court (back to that 'endless debate' thing).

Another of your double standards, IMO, is stating that when you receive the support, it goes into the household fund and the child is cared for from that fund. No problem, as the CP, it is your responsibility to provide primary care for the child and IMO, however you see fit. However, you find it OFFENSIVE for the NCP to have a nice car (or a Harley) and pose the question shouldn't he go without?....make further sacrifices to support his child financially beyond what he's ordered to do? And then turn around and say that you shouldn't have to make further sacrifices because you want to treat yourself to a manicure and whatever other "things you afforded". Get rather indignant actually when he calls you on your double standard and you aren't practicing what you preach.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 11:02:33 AM
msg #168: "my ex used to use this same ploy, if i had my nails manicured and painted, he assumed i had taken from our son to get my nails done."

OP, I'm sorry if I misconstrued this statement. However, I did not intentionally "twist" it around. I took it at face value.

Trish, the bottom line is this....there are no winners in these situations....only losers. The extent to which side loses more, varies with each situation. Some cases it's the CP struggling to make ends meet, some cases it's the NCP. And I would suggest that in most cases, it is both.

You can talk about all the materialistic aspects you want to....brand name clothes and shoes, new bikes, Harleys, Caddies, $300K homes, bla bla bla and who SHOULD sacrifice those things in the additional support of the children. It falls on deaf ears with me. If you and your ex would have made the ultimate sacrifice for your children in the first place, i.e. stay together for the sake of your children so they can grow up in an in-tact MOM AND DAD family, I would then say you BOTH were looking out for their best interests, because that is giving back the unconditional love they deserve. BOTH of you would set an example and model of how much you love your children by putting them ahead of your own happiness. But, that's JMO.

~ds~
 brandy_n_3
Msg: 132
Posted: 3/22/2008 12:26:15 PM
^^^ yeah what she said.

I don't get section 7's for my kids, I never bothered to apply for them, I pay for the kids activities on my own. General maintence is for day to daycare only, section 7s are for medical expenses, extra curric's, daycare fees, school fees etc.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 3:11:12 PM
Okay then...I'm not going to debate semantics with you on how I perceived what you wrote.

Good luck to you, Trish.

~ds~
 Giantrican
Msg: 137
Posted: 3/22/2008 5:22:41 PM
I dont know if I agree with that, I know it cost money and they always make the father out to be the bad guy. But that shouldnt be, I want to know where my money is going then it going for a car payment or some stuff for my ex I should get to see what is really my "child support" going too!
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 12:18:13 AM
^^^" The guy is sending money that he is, for all intents and purposes, earning. He is living up to his financial responsibilities to his kid(s). He's happy, the kid's happy, it's all good."

No capitano_blaugh....the kids may be happy (they're getting everthing they want, let alone need), the Dad may be happy (he fulfills his support obligation)....but I have a very strong hunch....Trish is not a 'happy' person....not a happy camper whatsoever...maybe she will be one day...hopefully.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 5:58:54 PM
"Exactly what is "mediocre" support anyway?"
OP: "to be exact,, $126 a week for three kids all over the age of ten."

Okay, we now have Trish's definition of "mediocre support". $126/week is mediocre. What was your annual income when the support was set at $126/wk Trish?

OP: "you had to ask a question based on a hunch or educated guess. thats what i did. based on the musings of both sides that i had heard radomly and unsolicited over the years, i wanted to ask a question based on that experience, not my personal individual experience with the matter. I wanted to see if i posted the question would it bring out of the woodwork, ncp's attempting to justify themselves when they knew the ordered payment was much under what would be reasonable, what they would do."

This being your underlying purpose of the thread, I think you've failed Trish. More importantly, I think you've cut off your own nose and in so doing, spited your face. This may have been your intention, but what you've actually done, is portray yourself as a liar, deceiver and manipulator. All for the sake of bashing men in general and due to your own self-pity.

One day, there may be a guy who comes across your profile and takes an interest. Hopefully, he will have the foresight to read your threads and come across this one where you basically say, "I'm a deceptive and manipulative person and will go to whatever lengths it takes to prove a point and show I'm right (at least in my own mind)."

As I mentioned in an earlier post....Good luck to you, Trish.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 8:03:27 PM
^^^" The whole point of her argument is twisting words."

Exactly coachjfl! Anyone can go back through the thread and see where she tried to manipulate the topic. When she was making idiotic proclamations and called on it, became beligerant and indignant, and tried to redirect the focus. She's nothing but a troll with nothing better to do and obviously enough time on her hands to get a second job and pay for what she feels her ex should "pony up".

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 8:42:19 PM
^^^her ex should "pony up".

Oh wait...I doubt she actually has an ex or kids....forgot this was just something she made up and was a "what if" scenario....sorry, getting confused in keeping up with her deception...

~ds~
 4408joseph
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 9:02:45 PM
Naw, with a zillion other support threads, some filled with the same playing the same song, it's a "scenario" question to let ride.....IMHO

Even Joey who I have poked a few times has seemingly done what needed to be done even if it meant working over time.

As yes, the price to pay for being a "DAD"...To work the holiday weekend through including daybreak Easter morning before fighting the C&E Crowd at
Church to watch the Princess sing, and then after Family get together ,back to the grind for a few hours before dark get equipment ready for monday.....
Or was that to make up for the screw off time spent in this very ENTERTAINING thread thursday...LMAO... Either way, glad I don't have to keep a hourly
work log for the NCP

No matter what you do say or post, I respect the fact that another father is raising his children without the help of his ex

Back at ya!!!!!

That's all that's needed, Respect. I give it to all the SP's and nothing else, nor do I want anything else. If I want to have a little "star".ed badge over my breast pocket that reads " Parent Sharpshooter" or " Child rearing Expert" , I'd be in law enforcement where that type of ego boosting is standard.

Nope just doing an 18 year contract that started as a shot in the dark...lol

Seems all the NCP's pissing stories and tell us all it's rain have left the thread, but at P.T Barnum said "There's one born every minute"

For the next, I'll ask... If the NCP's payments, Are taking care of the kids, buying a house, buying cars, and a work free lifestyle for the CP.....can't you do the same with less mouths to feed and your check balance??? Or am I to believe more then 50% net goes to the CP????

Well, just as I call that out.........Here comes some more rather ENTERTAINING B.S.

then he said
"" any way the company pays my child support,,,,thats deal i made if they wanted me to run the company ""

which is it? either the payment is off of your wages or its not. either way, the second statement doesnt say much in your favor. it says you're a cheap ba$tard, who is proud to openly declare that he doesnt support his kids. i guess at the end of the day as long as they get the financial support they need thats all thats required, but,, in the final analogy, like when they are old enough to decipher that dear ol dad skirted his responsibility and used it as a bargaining chip for employment, i do have to wonder just how dear you will be to your kids when that reality really settles in with them.
leaving the responsiblity of the support of your kids to the company you work for isnt anything to be proud of.

WTF, and again reinforeced by.......

this is directly to the point, HE isnt meeting the obligation, in that situation, the company he works for is picking up his support on their dime, not his wages. you clearly missed what he said. he said,, THAT HIS CHILD SUPPORT OBLIGATION IS PAYED BY THE COMPANY HE WORKS FOR IN THAT HE USED IT AS A BARGAINING CHIP. I.E.-, he runs the company only if they pay his support order and not use his wages to pay it. we arent talking a deduction from wages, we are talking the company covering the cost of the order. ( read once please)

Now doesn't that just speak volumes???? Money is paid, and now it's an issuein your mind the way it's done. Well, it doesn't take Sigmund Frued here. I can read this one is easy as a drugstore novel., someone with this kind of thinking needs to speak with a professional in my mind, cuz this is just some backaze-wards thinking ...PERIOD.

Here take a minute on how this works in the REAL world as an employer ...

TOP NOTCH Employee..........$45/hour
Supplied w Co. truck................$37/hour
Trk and Gas C.C.......................$30/hour
Trk,C.C. & Unlimited Cell........$29/hour
Trk,C.C, Cell, & Ins...................$26/hour
Trk,C.C. Cell,Ins, Clothing,.....$25/hour
Trk,C.C.,Cell,Ins,Clothing and other outside made obligations in respect to working contract, such as Company Condo, Local sports team season passes
use of Company limo 2 weekends out of year, company laptop and connection, company swim club or time share passes, and even agreedsupport check
.....................................maybe...$20/hour

Bottom line, an employee to an company is an asset inX dollars no matter how you slice it,dice, or barter it....period... If it comes out of the check it's compensation
for his/her work hours to the company... To belittle or manipulate in your mind it's less of a payment is insane...

On that note I guess if the X was to land a lottery winning/ or inherence and decided to write a one time advanced check in the total sum of weekly payments until the child(ren)'s 18th
birthday, to be done, that too would be skirting the responsibility of support. Oh Pleeeeeze!!

i do want to comment on davids last point however; as i as well as an adult find it totally ludicrous that either parent should have to account financially for their decisions. my discretionary income is mine to spend as i see fit, as is my childrens fathers. as long as our children are being looked after in an acceptable standard it is not his right to question how i spend the maintanence he contributes.....its obviously being used to "maintain" the children. and as long as he's contributing what was deemed appropriate by the court then it's not my business if he chooses to spend his discretionary income on cars, vacations whatever......

Abso-TOOT-ly..... Cripes when my x was a stay home I gave here a hundred a week or so that I never even would think about asking for receipts. In OUR earlier winters
when she'd pick up a 10-12 dollar an hour job, she got HER car payment book and insurance notice back,cut off the money, BUT... the rest was Her's

All you have to do is live with someone, and you are the victim of legal extortion.

My apologizes to all in the "f" -up great north...My I suggest what they do at OUR SOUTHERN border???? Sneak in and work under the table.

Maybe I am too proud to ask but should I in the first place?

Has nothing to do with pride... Responsibility and realistically is the key here.

The children should receive a lifestyle conducive to what is in the responsible means of the people that begot the child..period.

I emphasize 'Responsible" Parents.

I will close with another PT quote....................

"Those who really desire to attain an independence, have only set their minds upon it, and adopt the proper means, as they do in regard to any other object which they wish to accomplish, and the thing is easily done."
 4408joseph
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 10:04:00 PM

Not true..At least not in all professions.

I'm sorry there....THIS is how it is when I hire someone......

Except .........

and other outside made obligations in respect to working contract, such as Company Condo, Local sports team season passes
use of Company limo 2 weekends out of year, company laptop and connection, company swim club or time share passes, and even agreedsupport check

Just because I don't own: limo,passes,condo,time share,.........and wouldn't be foolish enough to agree to another person's support check...

It was more of a realistic example (for me hiring an employee) then a technical example, as for how many employees have companys ageeing to pay child support??????

But this would be about the numbers if I was hiring you...

BTW a take home truck is 12K a year bennie as a rule of thumb....
 brandy_n_3
Msg: 163
Posted: 3/24/2008 8:29:59 AM
First off Johne shut up already, this thread has nothing to do with the woe begotten step father, i is about child support and what it is used for, I am so sick and tired of listening to you over something that does not even concern you.

Johnny B Rotten, it certainly sounds like you got the short oend of the stick. I think monitoring of the overall situation for the kids is important when there is a desire of both parent to have custody. After all it is supposed to be decided in the best interest of the children. But what do you suggest in a situation where one parent simply walks away from the children? In my situation in the 7 years my ex and I have been separated he has seen the kids a handful of times, only just started paying support after christmas, never contacts them through cards, letters, email, or phone, no gifts for birthdays. I let him know when my son had to be put completely under for an MRI at age 3, he didn't even ask if he was okay, When the kids got chicken pox and my son developed secondary infections, nothing, When my son got hosptialized for 2 weeks for mental health issues, he wouldn't even give us a family medical history(turns out several members of his family including himself were hospitalized at a young age for the same reason, I found this out from my ex SIL) When I invited him out to the kids sporting events, nothing, My daughter's he said he would come to my son's semi finals baseball game and never showed. My son hit the winning run that game and went looking for his dad to high five but he wasn't there. When the kids got dedicated at church he said he would come but didn't. My daughter went looking for him because she made a card for him, but he wasn't there.

For every CP that stone walls a NCP there is a NCP that just doesn't give a damn. My ex finally signed the custody papers making it official at christmas time. I had the kids with me, he didn't even want to see them. They cried the whole way home asking why their dad hates them. I sucks for the kids no matter how you cut it, if one parent walks away or one parent stonewalls the other it is the kids that suffer.

The fight is almost always over how much child support one parent is or is not paying, whent he fight should be about the best interests of the child. My ex still has access to the kids, our custoday ppers say open and reasonable visitation which is what I requested, which means that there is no set days, just call me up, and as long as they don't have a prior commitment they will be at the door with shoes on waiting for you. In 7 years he has never cared enough to try to see them even once a year let alone as often as he could. We lived in the same city for almost 2 years and I didn't even know it becase he never bothered to contact us until he wa moving away again.

My point in all this rambling, is yes I agree their shoudl be monitoring of the entire situation, both parents etc if both parents are trying to be a part of the child(ren)'s lives, but in the case where one parent simply walks away, I think the CP should be left well enough alone even if they reguire help lkike those you listed, because they are doing thebest they can for the kids involved in this situation, kids who never asked for the chaos and uncertainty that divorce/separation etc brings.
 brandy_n_3
Msg: 166
Posted: 3/24/2008 11:07:47 AM
I don't think they should be allowed to do that. It's one thing to get child support for the kids, but to expect your ex spouse to be paying for spousal support in higher amounts because the kids are grown is crazy. If the kidsare grown then you are more than able to work fulltime and support yourself. I can see not working fulltime when the kids are small and therefore getting a bit of spousal support, but to increase the amount just because child support stopped is one of the stupidest things I have seen. What a great way to make pther think all single parents are nothing but gold diggers by creating a law that enables those that are gold diggers to go for more with no solid reason, where is a head slapping emoticon when you need one.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2008 5:20:26 PM
coachjfl: "If your not happy with the present situation take them to court and see what comes out of it. However, dont be surprised if you walk out with nothing. It's as simple as that."

I was done with this thread, but I'll add one more comment....if you're not happy with the present situation, contact your respective congresspersons!

~ds~
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >