Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > plenty of fish getting bad rep.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Casper66
Msg: 38
view profile
History
plenty of fish getting bad rep.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I've been on the site for awhile, mostly for the forums now, but I have met some good people from the site in the past, but I have to admit that it has gotten much harder to meet decent men who are not looking for just "fun" or sending IM/e-mails that are really vulgar and nasty as an initial message. It's gotten so bad over the last year that I've had to increase my mailing restrictions and turn off my chat feature, so I don't get sex requests from 20 somethings. Actually there was a thread that got deleted that showed a forum thread on another site where young men were posting conversations and pics of women coped from POF, trying to get them to sex talk and send nude pics which were then posted online and the guys could comment on. So yes it could be said that POF is getting a bad rep.
 friedar
Msg: 39
view profile
History
plenty of fish getting bad rep.
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:58:11 PM
no longer free,you cannot any longer see who has looked at you without paying so I think they need to be challenged about advertising as a free site.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:38:55 AM
Frankly, I'd say PoF is getting a bad rep for constantly adding gouges... and it deserves it.

The site now advises that it wants to charge for features to get rid of advertising. Given the many millions that come to the enterprise from advertising, I can't imagine they'd get anywhere near as much from memberships - given that they attracted all the folks who DIDN'T want to pay for social contact. But if they're getting the numbers they want from "upgrades," they don't need people who don't want to pay. If you tell them you'll pay, they will charge you.

I am quite content to have ads on my television shows, and would never spring for Pay TV. Free, universally available TV is a cornerstone of a modern informed democracy.
ED BEAR
 pizzo66
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/13/2012 2:07:23 PM
POF is not a sex site.
its also not a free site.
It has gone from bad to worse this week.
Now that the weather is getting warm, I for one will get out of the house and meet real people the old fashioned way, in person at a local pub.
Poor planning and timing on POF part to change one of the fun features to a pay feature just when the weather warms up and people lose interest in sitting in front of the screen with the hopes of meeting someone. Wont be long before they go under or change it back to all free.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > plenty of fish getting bad rep.