Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 867love
Msg: 76
Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
women were born to want to kiss, or be kissed
dont you remember back in grade the girls trying to kiss the boys...
if she likes you, follows you around like a lost puppy, throws rocks at you or tackles you in the field and pins you down... she wants some kind of intimate contact, -and she wants you to man up and initiate it
 Brannddy
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?
Posted: 3/5/2009 11:57:46 AM
i have done most of the first kisses (not sure why, sort of happened that way), after that i sort of sit back and want my guy to initiate things first

oh, and i do like that i do the first move at first (i guess it makes it that it is on my timing then)
 Cryojen
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/5/2009 4:19:57 PM
It's not always easy to tell if another person shares your interest. I consider myself to be pretty good at reading people. But even so, I've tried to initiate the first move on a few occasions where the girl just leaned away and looked at me like I had 5 heads haha! But you never know until you try. No matter what your gender, if you're really interested then make a move. Just be prepared for the feeling to not be mutual and don't take it personal if it isn't.

Ya feel me!?
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/5/2009 4:32:34 PM
Ok enough with the games...............85032 Luck get over here right now and kiss me you fool

Seriously though I do love the idea of a guy kissing me first as it makes me feel like he's interested. Yet as some posters have pointed out, many guys will kiss any living breathing female so it doesn't always mean he likes you so much.

On the other hand I wish more guys would wait until I'm ready to kiss them because it means that I am really interested.
 brown_eyed_woman
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/5/2009 4:36:03 PM

Whomever wants it the most! LOL

Really, these things will just happen when two people both want it. One will lean in, the other will sense it...and also lean in...who cares who leaned in first?
 Pontoon guy
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2009 1:50:34 PM
Both should. why should only one be in charge?
 celts123
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/6/2009 3:39:10 PM
It should be both people. I don't think that it should always be one person's job to initiate any type of sexual contact.
 matchlight
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2009 11:46:17 PM

I do love the idea of a guy kissing me first as it makes me feel like he's interested.

I can understand that, and for me, it's fun to go for a kiss. But I sometimes find myself wishing women did more to make me feel *they* were interested. If I sense that a woman's willing to let me take all the chances so she won't have to, sometimes it dilutes my positive feelings toward her.
 deztiny4you
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/7/2009 12:02:49 AM
Well I dunno... I have had moments where I wanted to kiss a guy... I usually always ask first though or say " I want to kiss you" maybe its not okay?
 matchlight
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2009 2:11:55 PM

I usually always ask first though or say " I want to kiss you" maybe its not okay?

If I'm attracted to a lady, I don't just have moments when I want to kiss her--I want to all the time I'm with her.

I looked at your pictures--you don't need to ask. It might not be OK? What's the guy going to do--call the cops because you kissed him without his permission?

If you want to kiss a guy you're with, all you have to do is touch him on the hand or arm while you're talking and just very slowly bring your face closer to his. And keep smiling. If he ( for God knows what reason) doesn't meet you halfway, kiss him anyway.
 4Iron2Flag
Msg: 86
Posted: 3/8/2009 1:30:22 PM
Whoever can show the interest in a friendly , polite way....
It should be a mutual agreement that it is wanted/ approved...
Guys should be respectable and polite...try kissing her hand or cheek, first....
{..like on a dance floor..}
Never go for a *Tonsilectomy* till the Lip-kiss has been approved...
Go Step-by-step....You can't get to the top floor in one jump....
...without getting kicked all the way back down..!!
 MikeM1968
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/8/2009 2:33:51 PM
It took many unmanageable *situations* for me to realize that if I didn't *do something* I'd get *nothing*. I always ended-up in the *friends* box until I started making the first move. Looking back at even those situations there were definitely a few times when those women were hinting at something and I just didn't pick-up on the hint because she'd already had me in a state of self-doubt and the half-belief /half-disbelief that we'd never go any further. Then they'd get all pissed-off at me when I told them we had to either move into a relationship or take a step back on the "friendship" so it wasn't so uncomfortable for me. They'd just end the friendship altogether. Leaving me going WTF?!? Why did I allow these women to just waste an enormous CHUNK of my life?!? UGHHHH!!!

Look *dudettes* guys can't read your minds. I've gotten a tad better at picking-up some of your signals, but seriously, I wish women would just tell us instead of this *go with the flow of your emotions* crap. There has to be some intent. Why are you even with me at all? I don't waste time finding out why anymore. I will get right to the point. I don't do the friends first thing anymore either. We can see if there's some friendly compatibility later. My emotions are just my emotions, but they still are mine, and I still don't like emotional pain. I'd rather you just kick me in the nuts.

I can handle physical pain a whole hell of a lot better. So, as a rule, I always make the move first - that way I know - because I need to know - the ones that aren't into it just go away - leaving me to pursue the ones that are. Simply a process of selection and elimination PRIOR to any emotional investment. The ones that are into it will stick around for at least some temporary fun and -> Who knows? Maybe more. If there is more THEN and ONLY then can we see if there's some further compatibility.

Mike
 widowedmom
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/13/2009 7:16:31 PM
I like it when the guy initiates the first kiss. I would not want to be the one to make the first move.

Sometimes the men misread a signal and go for a kiss when it was not wanted.
Sometimes the men misread a signal and don't go for a kiss when it was wanted.

I give high marks to the men who read the signals right and do the right thing.
 Pixy Dust
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:10:55 PM
I am sizzling on Lost Cowboy's remark on page one... where's that steak on the barbie and his anticipation of my lips.... whew....
 spacetolet
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/13/2009 9:11:43 PM
To answer the OPost, whoever is horniest?

Messages this short may be arousing
 yepimstilllonely
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2009 5:53:46 AM
is this a re-post, could have sworn i answered this already?? i don't think anyone SHOULD, it depends on the situation. One guy, i spotted him across the room and bought him a drink, when he stepped over to thank me, i laid a big, sexy kiss on him. didn't even know his name. kinda of slutty? it didn't mean i was gonna sleep with him, but i just thought he was hot. that was my way of telling him without all the stumbling words.... i like to kiss first. if i don't feel anything, then it doesn't go any further.
 LakeCountyGal
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/14/2009 5:14:07 PM
If I dig the guy, sometimes I like to kiss first, but sometimes I let them. Just depends on the situation. I think some times women worry that they will come across as too aggressive if we jump in for the kiss first. Sometimes, I like to "wait" my date out a bit first to see if I'm getting signals that he'll be ok with it and that he's actually into me. Rejection sucks for us too, if we go in for a kiss and they pull away.
 BigDan1085
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2016 12:44:46 AM
I personally would love it if a woman initiated a kiss. I'm always wondering when the right time is to try it, if she's interested, etc.. I've never had a woman try to kiss me on any of the dates that I've been on. Hopefully I will get to experience that one day. I'm sure it'd be awesome. The first kiss is always the toughest for us men to figure out when to go for it so if a woman initiates it, that makes things easier for every one involved.
 Gmontana187
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2016 10:41:11 AM
Let the women initiate intamacy. Your job is to build enough desire and comfort in her that she can no longer contain herself. I once had a women I dated take me to the middle of the Brooklyn bridge and kiss me under the moonlight. She wanted our first kiss to be something special. Women know what they want. Let them do it.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/27/2016 10:48:52 AM

Your job is to build enough desire and comfort in her that she can no longer contain herself.

Love this line. And it's true. However, women like avoid the "slut" factor. So she will also circumvent the activities so the man also makes a move. The men that understand this dance, can almost time to perfection the moment that the woman would kiss him.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2016 10:59:27 AM
LOL Kissed my man on his lips, approx 30 sec after laying my eyes on him for the first time.
 Gmontana187
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2016 12:43:25 PM

However, women like avoid the "slut" factor. So she will also circumvent the activities so the man also makes a move.

If a woman is afraid of being seen as a “slut” by a man, the man has definitely not built enough comfort and trust with that women. A women should feel free to be herself around a man without the fear of being judged. Many men make the mistake of chasing after intimacy with a women without first understanding who the women is or connecting with her on a mental level. If enough trust and comfort is built, a women will not only feel free enough to kiss you, she will also be comfortable enough to share her body with you.
The idea of being judged by you has totally escaped her mind.

The men that understand this dance, can almost time to perfection the moment that the woman would kiss him.

Of course nothing is written in stone and the ability of being able to time a kiss is also fun.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/27/2016 12:54:48 PM

If enough trust and comfort is built, a women will not only feel free enough to kiss you, she will also be comfortable enough to share her body with you.

Totally agree with your hole philosophy. The problem is that most men still think that it's the man that seduces the woman.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 99
Posted: 5/15/2016 10:33:10 AM
c deacon

Nothing better than a woman that knows what she wants and will be assertive enough to either make that move, or ask for it.......

Sex will not happen if the kiss is not good. It is all in the kiss and what each of you say......desire.......with that kiss.

A wanting kiss from a woman is like her taking your hand and leading you into the bedroom......

Nothing better......

Just my opinion.......

I agree 100%, a little patience and the ability to keep your hands to yourself until the right time goes a very long way

Miss this guys posts, always made a lot of sense
 south_city
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/18/2016 7:30:54 AM
Both people should be willing to. If you like the other person and feel the interest is mutual and the timing is right, then go for it.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?