Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 126
Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?Page 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

- correct.....don't think I'm such an idiot

JS, I quote you not because I think you're an idiot, but because I think you got it. You can be a gentleman, and aggressive.

You can, as you did, call the woman's bluff. She is in your place, had a bottle of wine with you, before she came to your place she put special panties meant to be seen, meant to be touched and at some point taken off. But her radar is also on for what type of guy you are. Again, you go into the attack and you may end up eating your steak alone. You pull back and show her that it takes two to tango, she is either going to think, what is wrong with me. Or go after what she really wanted, and that is your bones.
 gtomustang
Msg: 127
Who should initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?
Posted: 9/20/2016 6:36:32 AM
I probably should have added in, "this is a sign she controls when sex happens", and we could have heard the woman's side :) But yes, its good to be the odd fellow who isn't pushing for sex. Generally speaking, it reveals you could get it somewhere, its not the biggest deal for you, and you might actually be looking deeper for more than a shag. And if a woman is mentioning sex, by definition...its on her mind for some reason. Maybe b/c she wants it, or maybe b/c she doesn't want to be bugged about it. Its like the other classic phrase, "you're so evil!". Freak out over her ST about not having sex, and you reveal you're only there for that. Be the man who wants more, and you're the one in a million.
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2016 11:28:31 PM
the man, not because i feel it is the mans job, role, but because most women stubbornly refuse to do it themselves.
 gtomustang
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/2/2016 8:07:24 AM
sometimes, the woman will initiate only by invading our space or otherwise showing an interest. Letting us know the pathway is open, but we still have to lean in and do the physical connecting. Maybe they don't want to look easy.
 SnuggleByU
Msg: 130
Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?
Posted: 12/2/2016 3:57:16 PM
Call me old fashioned but the man should like the good old days!
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2016 11:54:05 PM
never understood the logic behind it, why is it masculine, manly, when a guy goes for what he wants or goes after what he wants? why is taking initiative a masculine trait?
 gtomustang
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/3/2016 2:55:06 AM
b/c when a woman speaks up for herself, she gets labeled pushy or b1tchy or hard to get along with :)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2016 4:08:17 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ Yes GTO, You summed this up very well!
 Dan6308
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/3/2016 12:15:46 PM

JWRed:

Guys. Let's get this woman up to speed.

She is up to speed.

We don't always want sex up front.

I can go out for weeks not wanting sex, but having a great time as the relationship develops.
 Dan6308
Msg: 135
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2016 4:08:30 PM
ya, i just never understood the logic, because even in the business world, workplace, careers, when a woman is strong and confident, takes initiative, people will label her as being masculine on the job, so what is the logic behind why taking initiative is a masculine trait? and how come a guy shouldn't resent having to be dominant, be a take-charge, leader type guy? I don't know, i just never liked how in life, society, us guys, men, are always expected to be the confident assertive ones, to be the ones that handle the shit when the shit hits the fan, my mentality is "just because it's the way it is doesn't mean i have to like it or enjoy it"
 gtomustang
Msg: 137
Posted: 12/4/2016 10:52:49 AM
Thanx, LiR

Dan, you're going to have to explain your post--I keep looking at and drawing a blank :)

I hear ya, popcult. I really wouldn't mind an attractive (not hot, just attractive) woman making a pass at me. Its a wonderful compliment. Even if I can't make something happen out of it, its just nice to know someone thought enough of me to get out of their head and put it into words. When I used to ask out women, the typical response was, "i have a bf but thanks for asking". they thought it was a compliment that they were beautiful enough to take the risk. And I don't mind a woman in the workplace taking the lead....unless she's wrong :) that's annoying no matter who it is.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2016 12:19:25 PM

............drawing a blank :

Hmmmm, better than shootin' a blank?
 gtomustang
Msg: 139
Posted: 12/4/2016 12:53:09 PM
well, in my case, i'd rather not have kids, so shooting a blank would be perfectly fine. Plus, the solution for shooting blanks is to keep working the action lever :)
 aintnodeal
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2016 2:21:05 PM

don't go off alone to decompress, but bond with her.

Bonding with your mate is NOT decompression. Women talk about having a glass of wine and book to read as relaxing, guys talk about watching a game, playing video games, or working on a car as relaxing. Different stuff and one does not replace the other.

If you spend a minute or even 30 minutes "bonding", you still have to decompress, and the woman is still going to DING you for it.
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2016 4:18:52 PM
Ya, too many people argue and say that guys, men are emasculated or turned off by an aggressive, assertive woman, and this book is almost 20 years old, came out before i went through puberty, the book titled "How to Succeed with Women" by Ron Louis and David Copeland, even the authors admitted in the book a few times they have met guys, men, who have admitted their frustration or resentment that guys are expected to be the initiators.
 Dan6308
Msg: 142
Posted: 12/4/2016 7:33:03 PM

gtomustang

Dan, you're going to have to explain your post--I keep looking at and drawing a blank :)

I inadvertently re-posted my post from just above.
Didn't know if it was possible to delete so I edited. ;)
 Nestaron
Msg: 143
Posted: 12/25/2016 3:22:30 AM
Kissing would depend on point of view guys present going 75%-90% in for the kiss and waits woman has to initiate first contact going the rest of the way and connecting. Sex is on the women, they want it more so they initiate it every-time.
 dallasdoer
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2016 2:08:18 PM
Any guy who thinks he should wait for the women, has probably not had too many women.
One thing is for sure. Gals like a confident man. They also want to feel wanted.
As they get older, they are offended if you do not want them in the Biblical way.
Ergo, go get what she wants to give or give up
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2017 3:44:42 PM
some women love sex, some dont. It depends usually on how we feel about the guy. Asking for sex on a first date if the vibes are right is okay, plenty do it especially when alcohol is involved. Asking is one thing, a woman does not have to agree. If the man is shelling out for dinner in order to get some reward then it is nothing short of prostitution really.

As for who should initiate kissing etc, do what comes naturally but for heavens sake guys, never ask if you can do it. Just take the chance.
 gtomustang
Msg: 146
Posted: 2/15/2017 8:02:52 AM
"Never ask if you can do it, just take the chance"

>>I've heard that before, I get that its romantic, but...if some dork comes up and tries to kiss you without asking, don't you wish you had the opportunity to control the situation and what happens to you? I can think of a million women I want to kiss, and i'm pretty darn sure they don't want it (not to sound like a pity party, i'm just saying I see no hints). Maybe its a guy/girl thinking process, but I don't want any girl who wants to kiss me, to just plant her lips, I want to be asked first. Even if she's pretty, I might want to pucker up or swallow something in my mouth first :)
 McGregor74
Msg: 147
Posted: 2/23/2017 12:30:12 AM
Hi everyone I would like to share some of my thought but whenever I post my reply here I encounter error on page.
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2017 9:05:33 AM
it shouldn't really matter but it typically always falls on the mans shoulders, its like the way life seems, is that everything that happens between a man/woman falls on the mans shoulders.
 ohenryx
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2017 9:40:46 AM

gtomustang
"Never ask if you can do it, just take the chance"

>>I've heard that before, I get that its romantic, but...if some dork comes up and tries to kiss you without asking, don't you wish you had the opportunity to control the situation and what happens to you? I can think of a million women I want to kiss, and i'm pretty darn sure they don't want it (not to sound like a pity party, i'm just saying I see no hints). Maybe its a guy/girl thinking process, but I don't want any girl who wants to kiss me, to just plant her lips, I want to be asked first. Even if she's pretty, I might want to pucker up or swallow something in my mouth first :)

You seem to be missing the point, GTO. And I expect that you actually do GET it, but were being a bit, shall we say, facetious?

For those who don't get it, the idea is that you DO ask, but not with words. Never, ever come out and say, "May I kiss you?" Instead, you move in very slowly, approaching her face with yours. She either turns up her face to be kissed, or turns her face away presenting you with her cheek.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 150
Posted: 2/23/2017 11:30:04 AM
I think you can tell when someone wants to be kissed...or if someone is
going to kiss you.

If I'm sure someone is going to kiss me and I don't want to, yeah...I turn
my face away. I'm uncomfortable with the asking...if I don't want to...that's
weird and if I do...it makes the moment and the spontaneity awkward.

Do people kiss others just because they're good looking or pretty? Don't you
have to know them or be hanging out with them?

If a total stranger walks up and plants one on you...punch them in the throat!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?