Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 197
Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Women need to get away from this toxic feminism and embrace their natural femininity again, because men are going MGTOW.

And by the amount of single mothers out there i would dare say the GYOW philosophy [playing someone] has been around for a long time in western civilization.

There being a large amount of single mothers doesn't imply a large amount of women being played by guys, if that's what you were implying.

try to read everyone's post then you might understand why things are being said. Is the MGTOW just a sourgrapes movement most of the post i have read on it seems to try to negate that mindset. It is not a man and women issue. all people https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPeHHpXOOds. Yet when i see something called toxic that is similar to the civil rights movement i do have to wonder what quality of femininity they are looking to find. As feminism has nothing to do with abjuring femininity. it actually embraces and supports all things feminine. Like the Book our bodies ourselves, tons more do not have the desire to research it presently, that is one that comes easily to mind.
 Inicia
Msg: 198
Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?
Posted: 8/16/2017 4:19:32 PM
^^Correction of words placed in my quote with a personal spin. not my spin

And by the amount of single mothers out there i would dare say the GYOW philosophy has been around for a long time in western civilization.

this is my post never said the go your own way was playing someone.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2017 5:25:47 PM

feminism has nothing to do with abjuring femininity.

Feminism wants to turn women into men and men into women, so very few feminist women, understand natural femininity, because they are taught to oppress it and live like men do, so feminism is indeed toxic in society and I could show you the factual evidence.

Unfortunately feminists don't take any notice of facts and follow a very rigid code? Hate all white male masculine men, blame them for everything and tell all women they are oppressors.

Feminists are privileged, haters of white male men and their only agenda is to remove white male masculine men from western society, so I don't need a feminist lecturing me on the feminist lies they have been taught.

Feminism have created a divide between men and women, but also the reason for Men's right groups and MGTOW, because men's issues are not addressed or cared about at all by modern society and it's all about privileged women in modern western society.

Feminism creates lies, creates double standards in favour of women, mangina men and tries to play god with men's natural instincts to be masculine, but the smart men will never conform to feminism ever
 gtomustang
Msg: 200
Posted: 8/16/2017 6:26:36 PM
boy, you'd think a woman asking a fellow to give her a backrub means something! But I get a lot of women who want me to be just a friend. I've had married women come up to me at a wedding saying they had permission from their husbands to dance with me. I had a coworker hook me up with his exgf, she slept over but I couldn't even get a kiss, and the next weekend she comes to sleep over with sex toys (edible body paint, panties, etc) and still couldn't get to first base, while her friends are telling me she's interested in me...and oh, that's she's weird, too. I'm still acquainted with the coworker, he's the one who was at work while his wife and I were watching sex scenes in American Gods (and for sure, I know she's not interested).

anyway, in hindsight, I am pretty sure I flubbed--and it was 14+ years ago, a lot of water went under that bridge. I've had female friends tell me about the guy who "took things too far", and I don't want to be that guy, but...well, its a grey area. Its a gamble, a risk to take. I did screw up on the scalp massage, however, I didn't factor in what humidity did to her hair after all that movement :) all I had to do that weekend was pretend to reach over, and I got side-eye.

anyway, yes, fear of looking like the person we don't wish to be seen or considered as, does prevent people from all sorts of opportunities. Tonight I had two friends mention something they wished to get rid of, and I didn't push to get it at my convenience, but i'll wait until they do it at their's. And i'll admit, one of my problems in initiation, I want to be accepted for who I am, not have to pull tricks or catch the person at a weak moment or some other such thing. but you can't sell an Eskimo an air conditioner, in winter, they want a heater. But if you wait until summer....you may get lucky.

but then we get into the post about aggressive ladies.
 Inicia
Msg: 201
Posted: 8/17/2017 6:45:18 AM
^^ It sounds like you have a ton of "weird" I would call them confused not weird associates both in your personal and private life. It might be that boundaries are something to work on for yourself? I know in the past situations have made me go HMM? and I did them despite my personal confusion or discomfort~ results outcome were always bad-and that is an understatement. Respecting personal boundaries creates respect from others! When I have had the confidence, self esteem, maturity,and strength to honor my boundaries~ you know what? a good positive experience.

Well here here assertion to having your desires and needs met. Often women are called aggressive for assertive behavior! stuck in the past but as everything- societal roles are changing- despite ner-do-wells and nay sayers!! I do pity them it is a crazy scary time- gripping fervently to the stones of sinking stereotypes pulls one down into a watery grave in the everchanging, flowing waters of progression.

I have said in other forums and i will say again the generations up and coming Many~ not all ~ have replaced the old fight of human differences with a human struggle to join as a collective whole and fix the earth! double standards and stereotypes may still arise but much less hostile and offensive or defensive. usually just observational. Often supporting diversity adaptation, a collective whole fixing the world their predecessors are leaving for them. The struggles of the up and coming generations is huge. The earth rotates on if you can't adapt or help the supplanting generation you leave nothing and have made nothing of substance- only a slight stink of your presence will remain as you rot and your ideas fade as a black mark on history.

Bella Hooks "the will To change" is an excellent book. Regardless of ignorance-The feminist movement is as the civil rights movement, not toxic-necessary. Yet many people are still stuck in prejudice, bigotry, Christian Dominant Patriarchy, and fear the changes slowly being adopted and adaptations to a changing society. Growth and learning are a must! OMG yes a huge struggle for people still stuck in the penny loafer mentality!!! Bet Men in private clubs all over the world share upscale penny loafer shops and stories. too funny
 spanking_dolphin
Msg: 202
Posted: 8/17/2017 8:30:58 AM
I had a girl ask me if she has to beg for me to kiss her. I kinda liked that. Her boldness and it showed me what i already knew. We're in the age where women can make all kinds of allegations. Play it safe, and let her give undeniable signs she is doing just that. The kiss is more for her than you anyways. They feel all that butterflys and angels floating down in a kiss. We just wanna know when we can stick it in after.

So for women.. stop waiting for a guy and just do it. We wont say no
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2017 10:26:58 AM

try to read everyone's post then you might understand why things are being said.

Well, that's why quotes are good, as when not using them, one can easily assume you're not directly retorting something if it's not so obvious. But, there's another definition for GYOW (see below) -- I think that was the confusion.

Is the MGTOW just a sourgrapes movement[?] most of the post i have read on it seems to try to negate that mindset.

MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way*) for some individuals could be out of sour grapes, but also many times where he enjoys dating and doesn't want to settle down. If there's any "movement" in the modern era, it'd be WGTOW (Women Going Their Own Way), as they've become more independent, and traditionalism not taking its hold on them where they can provide for themselves. Which is a good thing. Both can be bad with a bad attitude, or a good thing not to be so emotionally dependent.

And by the amount of single mothers out there i would dare say the GYOW philosophy has been around for a long time in western civilization.

this is my post never said the go your own way was playing someone.

Previously, I looked up GYOW in the Urban Dictionary:

Jamaican dialect. To fool or to outsmart.
A gyow you a gyow me you know.

You are trying to play me

But I see you just mean Go Your Own Way, instead. :)

boy, you'd think a woman asking a fellow to give her a backrub means something! But I get a lot of women who want me to be just a friend. I've had married women come up to me at a wedding saying they had permission from their husbands to dance with me.

That's completely apples & oranges. A gal who's LTR boyfriend/husband doesn't like to dance (many) asks for a friendly dance -- doesn't mean anything. An ex-lover asking you to fly out, you're in the same hotel, asks for a back-rub... different story.

had a coworker hook me up with his exgf, she slept over but I couldn't even get a kiss, and the next weekend she comes to sleep over with sex toys (edible body paint, panties, etc) and still couldn't get to first base, while her friends are telling me she's interested in me

Many of us who aren't studs, and even far from it, have those situations. Doesn't mean all gals are that way. That situation, you were Also warranted to make a move. But if you're being denied With you Actually trying, then yeah, there's lack of interest. Her friends probably meant that she would be willing, try-try-try. Of course, some guys, especially guys shy to make moves, when they see a gal who's not all about him (but could be?) -- their style of a "move" would be to flirt a little but keep a distance the whole time. Which in his mind, he thinks he did all he can -- which he didn't. Not saying that Was your situation, but just saying to bear that in mind. :)

I've had female friends tell me about the guy who "took things too far", and I don't want to be that guy, but...well, its a grey area. Its a gamble, a risk to take.

Many times it's not a risk at all of being "that guy", objectively speaking. But from their POV, we fear their "OH. NO." reaction. Look, in the end, you look at it objectively. If the gal sets things up, is playing flirty games, situates herself at your place, blah blah blah -- and you two are bantering -- at some point, yeah, you throw yourself in for a kiss. You're not taking things too far, it's not about that. You're looking to see if it's This Way or That Way.

I had a friend's sister stay at my place once when she moved back into town, with her apt still being set up. Great looking gal that lotsa guys had a crush on over time, and had a certain attitude about herself. An older-sister mentality, kind of intimidating. But all the signs were there when we went out for a quick bite & a drink at a sports bar. Then back to my place she invited herself to stay (she wasn't "drunk"; her apt half-moved in tho), she was being flirty and such, but kept a distance. A few months prior, outside smoking a cigarette, she was drunk when we were talking 1-on-1, and she kissed me. So I lunged in for a kiss, she said this isn't such a good idea, with our lips barely parted, then I kissed her again, and we made out for a bit. Crazy story followed (non-platonic), but the point is -- it broke that ice. If I were to have danced around it, I should have expected to be solidly friend-zoned. Say after me kissing she said "Whoah, buddy -- NO, you got the wrong idea..." Guess what? I did the math before I did it -- sorry, you invited yourself to crash here, have been flirty this night, even if in an older-sister way, kissed me a couple months ago out of the blue outside a bar -- yeah, sorry, I'm here to test the waters. Wouldn't feel guilty (except it was my friend's sister; doing more than kissing her in the future made me feel guilty on that other level -- but that's beside the point) or weird. She'd be MORE weird not to expect a guy to test the waters for a kiss, if she didn't want it in Any way.
 gtomustang
Msg: 204
Posted: 8/17/2017 7:53:20 PM
oh its true, I've met some confused women in my lifetime :) And the others were not. and some were friends who decided at some point to have sex and then wanted to go back to being friends again. and I'm a guy who doesn't do drunk women, and boy there were a few women in those younger days who really want to blame alcohol on something happening.

sometimes they are interested in a guy they can read won't be too aggressive about sex. other times, a confused pretty woman is the closest i'm getting to a pretty woman. And other times, its a product of going to Catholic school with schoolgirls who don't want any reputation.

Alas, those who don't respect their own boundaries, don't respect your's, b/c they don't have personal experience in respecting it. But, they want to be around their comfort level, so that's who they talk to. Someone who is going to judge them as abnormal isn't going to make them comfortable, but someone curious enough to listen, will make them feel more comfortable. Its a big world of stimuli, and we interact with only parts of it and miss the rest.
 ohenryx
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2017 11:16:54 AM

gtomustang
anyway, in hindsight, I am pretty sure I flubbed--and it was 14+ years ago, a lot of water went under that bridge. I've had female friends tell me about the guy who "took things too far", and I don't want to be that guy, but...well, its a grey area. Its a gamble, a risk to take.

anyway, yes, fear of looking like the person we don't wish to be seen or considered as, does prevent people from all sorts of opportunities.

I remember reading, many, many years ago, something along the lines of, “When we get old, we don’t regret the things we did. We regret the things we didn’t do, the chances we didn’t take.” Well, I’m old now, and I can testify to the truth of that statement. Have I done some things that I wish I hadn’t? Of course, but I do not dwell on them, such things very seldom cross my mind. What I do remember, what I do think about, are the chances that I didn’t take, the ones who got away.

GTO, if I could offer you one word of advice, it would be, “Tilt a little more towards taking that chance.”
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2017 12:30:29 PM

and some were friends who decided at some point to have sex and then wanted to go back to being friends again.

Since you had that, you should realize it certainly Can happen, right? :) And if you're the one who wants a gal to take an initiative to ensure it's kosher, surely you should realize that only More would happen if you would also throw chips on the table to amp up the bet yourself here and there (as a guy doing that is the Usual way those things happen).

and I'm a guy who doesn't do drunk women, and boy there were a few women in those younger days who really want to blame alcohol on something happening.

Yeah, but so do we, do we not? I agree, you don't want to follow-thru on a gal who's Wasted. But tipsy & frisky isn't wasted -- that's a completely different concept. Our inhibitions open up, guy or gal. It open up more for a gal, not because there's lack of control if merely tipsy & frisky -- but because there's more society-induced inhibitions to shed in the first place VS a typical guy. More social courage to open up. It's a social lubricant. Aside from stepping away from the "no way, you're wasted" -- take advantage of such environments where most are not wasted... and that includes oneself having some drinks too (courage)! :)

All in all, as one PUA summed up the whole PUA thing: Be ready to be shot down. If you can get the way you socially present yourself down pat & kosher -- and you can Truly take getting shot down -- you've succeeded. So that ex-lover of yours -- she leaves the door open despite it "supposed" to be closed... see how "supposed to be" it truly is by laying out the circumstances. There's not supposed to be a guarantee. That one wasn't even a long-shot or a potentially embarrassing situation if shot down in any way. It wouldn't have been you taking a step back trying for a long-range 3 pointer with a hand in your face... it was more like an open jumper around the foul line. :)
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2017 5:55:59 AM
man the hatred and resentment I have towards masculinity is so strong, it fills me with dark thoughts.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 208
Posted: 9/29/2017 12:30:39 PM

man the hatred and resentment I have towards masculinity is so strong, it fills me with dark thoughts.

Maybe you should focus it on other things that actually deserve it.
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2017 3:45:00 PM
why should a guy not hate and resent masculinity? basically i'm saying how I've always hated how guys always have to be the confident assertive ones.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 210
Posted: 10/1/2017 8:39:03 AM
Against my better judgement here, I'm going to respond to PopCultureGeek
To hate and resent masculinity..................is to hate being a man.

Both genders, male and female, from childhood and beyond, are drawn to others ..............who exhibit confidence.
It's a fact. DO something................. find something, ...............to gain your confidence.............Get movin'!
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 211
Posted: 10/1/2017 12:55:09 PM

why should a guy not hate and resent masculinity? basically i'm saying how I've always hated how guys always have to be the confident assertive ones.

What you resent is the concept of gender roles, not masculinity. There is nothing wrong with masculinity in itself.
 cooldog65
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2017 5:08:58 AM

There is nothing wrong with masculinity in itself.

Apparently those millennial guys seem to lack it.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 213
Posted: 10/2/2017 9:55:29 AM
I used to live with a group of women opposite a gym where they used to have competitions outside.
All these muscle men with necks as thick as my thighs and walking like they'd crapped themselves. God awful.
I know that's not 'masculinity' but that's what I think of when people refer to masculine men. Cavemen.
Now certain rugby players.....hell yes.
Also, I think most women don't mind a less confident/shy guy as long as he isn't shy with them :)
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2017 10:49:05 AM
A truly masculine man will not be afraid of who he is. He will not pretend.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2017 3:15:46 PM

why should a guy not hate and resent masculinity?

Because that would mean they'd not be asexual, but being so strong like that = being Overtly feminine to a huge extreme.

basically i'm saying how I've always hated how guys always have to be the confident assertive ones.

Confidence isn't copyrighted by masculinity -- it's just that lacking sufficient amounts kills it. Confident gals are wanted more too, but they can afford to be a little low on it where guys can't so much. Assertive -- I think it's more having the balls to make the first move. When the gal has some attraction about you -- she likes that. Guys LOVE it when a gal makes the first move when he really likes her, although there are some warped guys who freak out about it. But in a nutshell -- gals have to step up too to some degree. They're not totally out of the woods when it comes to facing ego-risks and the opposite sex. It's just that the human market is where as a guy, you're expected to -- because you'll be beaten out by other guys. I mean, what do you expect? Winning a staring contest with a girl? Naw man, make a flirt move and test the waters and see how many chips you can throw in, etc. It's not hard. You aren't expected "as a man" to go All In boldly out of the blue.
 punsrlol
Msg: 216
Posted: 10/5/2017 9:18:05 PM
The Woman 90% of the time.
 cw35
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2017 4:32:59 PM
Have you been watching news or listening to the radio? Nobody should ever initiate a first kiss. You need to have a signed consent form and a direct verbal agreement that the kiss is okay and verbal agreements at every stage afterwards. Spontaneous passion is a thing of the past. It may sound like I'm joking but they just had an interview with some women on the radio about how men misunderstand consent and just because a woman consents in that moment doesn't mean she actually means it or gives consent for the next 5 minutes of your encounter or the next 5 min etc. They want to pass an ongoing consent law (I think that's what they called it) so that you would have to stop at certain intervals during a sexual encounter from start to finish and get very clear consent that the woman still wants to be with you. They said that almost all men have actually raped a woman at some point because women agree to have sex when they really would rather not. The safest thing to do is just wait for the woman to decide or initiate the encounter.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 218
Posted: 12/6/2017 12:14:49 PM
Nobody " should " , IMO, but I love, love, LOVE IT when a woman does !

I'm not talking about a peck , I'm talking one minute you're mouth is empty, then next thing you know you got a mouthful of tongue !
 saintclara
Msg: 219
Posted: 12/22/2017 10:42:02 AM
When a man asks a girl out, that signals some type of intimate interest. Not to mention, 99% of the time the man is open to having sex faster than a woman.
So doesn't mean he will get it. You can string him along till you get bored and then disappear once he starts getting too familiar with his requests to your personal body. Works for me I may have to do certain things in life but screwing a complete selfish retard isn't one of them
 saintclara
Msg: 220
Posted: 12/22/2017 10:46:23 AM
Spontaneous passion is a thing of the past.

Is that what you dudes are calling it these days .It used to be called being a sex pest
 alpha__waves
Msg: 221
Posted: 12/23/2017 8:30:56 PM
Ask Al Franken.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >