Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fancynanci
Msg: 3
view profile
History
how did you know when you were done with a former relationship?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I stopped loving him because he changed...and not for the better.
 ~FLEETER~
Msg: 7
how did you know when you were done with a former relationship?
Posted: 3/20/2008 4:20:22 PM

Do you have a defining event that caused you to know that your relationship was "done"?

Yep...when he died.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 4:44:18 PM
When she cheated.
When she hit me.
When she got caught lying.
You know... the common sense stuff.
 cmdr_iceman
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:29:36 PM
When she repeatedly failed to recognize me as head of the household. And began talking to me as if I were her child and not her husband.
 studplayrico
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:50:06 PM
You pick your stuff from the guy or girl and try your hardest not to call. For some odd reason in life you will meet and it won't be the same.
 sarasotagal76
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/20/2008 7:37:15 PM
After I drove 24 hours from SC to TX for my college graduation to accept a title of a Doctor.... He failed to place a phone call and produce basic congratulations on my 11 year educational saga. The exuse was that he was busy doing laundry....I drove back to SC and made him gone.....
 ItsMargo
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 5:46:15 AM
I sat up all night sifting through the conflicting debris of our life together, weighing my feelings and possible actions, options and outcomes.
And then, deciding.

There's a point where, unaltered, the outcome is inevitable. If the sincere attempts to alter things has failed, seems to me the only thing left is to call it. Sometimes you ride it down all the way, struggling all the while to turn it around. Sometimes you see what IS clearly and step aside while you can still think well of each other.
 Moongirl616
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:04:18 AM
When I say so or make him say so. This is an avoidance free zone!
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:41:48 AM
When his presence was irritating... all the time, and I didn't want to fight anymore. I just didn't care anymore.

I was "done". I'd done and said everything I could... there was nothing left to do or say.

There is a feeling of weariness that comes with this.. and all that can be said has been said, it's an impasse that can not be overcome. Then I'm done and it's time to go.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 11:50:52 AM

From now on if I have another relationship it would only be with someone whose use for me was one that would last past the disillusionment that follows infatuation. Otherwise there would come that day when she was unhappy and it was time to hit the road again.

I've reached the same conclusion. Both ways. How would you recognize that, I wonder?
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:49:38 PM
The day I realized he made me cry more than he made me laugh. And I was tired of crying. And no one should EVER be with someone who is like that.
 MsMicki
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:08:47 PM
when I had nothing left to say....to him or about him
 lolLori
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 6:02:21 AM

When sex wither her became extremely boring whereas previously it was adventurous and fun.

Looks like youre gonna swing a bat not hold a guitar seriously I never knew it was a guitar. cant believe youre a musician if you get bored without knowing why , Wow when you think someones responsible for your pleasure and boredom truth is boredom comes from your own mind no one else actions or anything else , no one else can feel your feelings or make you or be responsible for your feelings- u your self and you.

Sex is what % of your relationship,
 lolLori
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 6:48:44 AM

>>>>>
LOL! As I look back on my relationships to try and answer this question, I realise that actually, there were no defining "break-up" points in my Life. I'm not sure if that is a blessing or a curse, but thus far in my Life, relationships have tended to diminish gradually and then die a small, quiet death. No drama, no fuss. >>>>>>

I dont think thats funny because Im the dumb one who would tends to be just as long winded, spare some feeling and time in the future youre wasting anothers time and energy. Unless youre offering valuable experience in life for their next Relationship
 Phil72471
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2008 7:08:05 PM
When you are calling the locksmith to change the locks.
 WeAre1
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2008 11:59:46 PM
Though I came to realize our personalities could hurt each other more than love, I resisted ending it until he told my parents his life was comfortable, indicating he would not move. (I had moved 450 miles to be with him and it was supposed to be temporary.)
In that moment, I knew there was no point in continuing with him and I was released.
 *buzz*
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 1:48:38 AM
Hmmm ... there is a song Love hurts, love scars, love wounds... but the one in love still doesn't want to see symptoms. OP is right about r e s p e c t, and one would not have to look anywhere else and for anything else to find the answer the question.
How did I know? Well, respect has long gone and I still believed and plodded on until I became more ill than he was in his head and that was it. Time to go ... and let go.
 WeAre1
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 1:34:03 PM
^^ yes, or to put it another way, when you know the potential to hurt and be hurt is greater than the potential to love and be loved.
 ForeverLong
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:00:02 PM
When there was no communication on her part.
 wjh55
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/1/2008 11:22:31 PM

When he was too lazy to walk across the street to get me a cup of coffee after HE booked a hotel room without a coffee maker...

Wow, you're pretty tough on a guy. YOU couldn't have walked across the street to get YOUR OWN cup of coffee?? So HE booked a room without a coffee maker-now that's really a sin and a definite reason for divorce.
 ShadowLands
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:54:15 AM
When my mother called me at work and told me that she and my sister had been shopping at a local mall and they saw my wife and another man buying all kinds of stuff for HIM. New clothes, a couple of pairs of boots, new cookware for his place, and finally a nice new 38" TV. Got it all on film too. I checked my bank account from the ATM at the front gate (chemical plant) and, sure enough, I was down almost $1400 from the day before.

Mom described the man to me and I knew it was that pathetic sack of crap who had been remodeling my in-law's house. The wife didn't come home that evening either. Told me she was going to go out with some of her "friends" and would be home in the morning. So.....bright and early the next morning I drove to the guy's apartment, knocked on the door, and when he answered I told him I knew what had transpired and I was taking "MY" television with me. He started to speak and I told him to go into the bedroom and tell my wife that neither of them should come out until after I left. Damned if he didn't do it, too. So, I took off with the nice tv bought with my money and drove straight to the lawyer's office.

The rest.....is history. I STILL have that TV too.
 pixidancer
Msg: 141
Posted: 4/13/2008 10:42:17 PM
When I found out he was sleeping with his neighbor as well. Done , done and done!
 Aztek
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2008 7:39:54 PM
many straws were presented during the relationship but the straw that broke this camel's back was when he wouldn't answer the question "why was he with me"?
 danmck1
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2008 11:03:11 AM
My former girlfriend broke up with me, reasons being, Her friends said there were things in tthe past, my past that bothered her, She would never tell me what. Also she said that maybe we could be back together. If I would give her some time, Ladies out there what does some time mean, It sounds to me like it means it over, I realy would like some female answers on this give me time subject. I think we still love oneanother???but who knows thanks for taking time to read this
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >