Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 69
Gaming Girls... yea or nay?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
greg8002

If you read Kant at all, that also indicates intellect.

Yeah, well I translate Kant as well as read him.
 smileee4u
Msg: 71
Gaming Girls... yea or nay?
Posted: 3/27/2008 8:20:56 AM
She wouldn't have to "talk you into" getting drunk and all sorts of bribery. The men outnumber the women about ten to one in gaming. There is more percentage of available men to her than she would find in the armed forces!
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2008 9:35:38 AM
I love my games

I used to play D&D when it was around a table with a DM at a friends house..every Sunday for 4-6 hours. Lots of fun!
Now I like my video games, RPG, Action/Adventure and Survival Horror... haven't got into the computer gaming...

My ex didn't get it...oh well

But I also work and raise a kid and am involved in my community... it's called BALANCE
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/27/2008 10:21:47 AM
Ravenstar66

What is D&D and DM?
 paulisdareason
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2008 9:27:51 PM
yea...YEA, lol women with geek interest are extra hot in my book, imagination is a sexy trait in itself and anyone who has the slef esteem to enjoy something thats out of societies norm is even hotter. why be a sheepole when you can enjoy something that others cant or dont have the imagination too.
 Terraburn
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 3:30:15 PM
Point them out to me please lol.

As a gamer myself I would find it refreshing to meet a girl who I could connect with.

The truth is these days if you're talking about a gamer, you're usually talking about someone who plays WoW. More often than not, at least.

I say yea
 Ozzy81
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/2/2008 7:07:53 PM
Speaking from personal experience, I probably wouldn't mind a girl that plays the odd game here or there, but a hardcore gamer is not someone I would ever spend time with again. Games like MMO's and more involved games that take several months to play take away from the relationship.

And no, I don't believe "playing them together" is doing something as a couple. You're not interacting on any human level. Just on a virtual one.
 Ozzy81
Msg: 101
Posted: 4/2/2008 7:38:12 PM
I think those are great. I was talking about video games specifically. But table top games are aces. Personally I like chess. Allows for some very interesting conversation between moves.

And Candy Land just lets me be a complete ass and love every minute of it lol.
 Ozzy81
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/2/2008 7:44:39 PM
I don't suppose they sell that at Toys R Us. lol
 night501
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 12:16:25 AM
i find gaming girls to be very sexy. i just ended a relationship with a girl i met dakon fighting and if we werent better as friends i would have so been all about it.
GAMING~what the unpopular kids did in high school instead of getting laid. j/k
i myself am a gamer although i never got into dungeons and dragons. i am more into video games and magic the gathering. every time i meet a girl who is a gamer its like a breath of fresh air. most people see gamers as the undesierable but in the last few years we have taken the majority. i honestly cant tell you what makes gaming women so attractive to me. maby its a common intrest.
GFL
gamer for life

P.S.
hows the gaming scene in toronto? im in ohio and it seems to be blowing up. cant cross a street without running into one of us.
 YourDarkAngel
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/4/2008 12:33:07 AM

So here's a question for the boys. I'm a gaming girl. I know a lot of gaming women. We play Dungeons and Dragons or other pen and paper games. We enjoy board games and video games. Sometimes we're even better at them than our male counterparts. I dress up for conventions, I enjoy Joss Whedon, I run far too many games and actually help organize the gaming community in Toronto. I'd even go as far to say it's a passion of mine because I love creativity and I love doing it socially.

Why not? I'm not into gaming that much, but for something to do, it's cool.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:17:28 AM
I would love a gaming girl. (Too bad you're on the other side of the country and about 5-10 years too young for me, damn cute though)

Most of the "gamer girls" I've met here are too young, already attached or, in to same gender
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:24:12 AM

What about table-top games such as Dungeons and Dragons? Would you count time spent together if you were playing a game like that together?

This is a tricky one. You are interacting together, but depending on how much you get in to your characters, you're not really being yourself. I remember with one ex, we were playing Changeling: the Dreaming and there was an incident that started a fight that did carry over in to "the real world". It was the stupidest thing to fight about, but it can happen. On the other hand, it was also fun to play out scenes between the characters you just don't want the storyteller to be there for.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:20:57 AM
Captain Incognito - you might like Deliria if you play Changeling. Deliria is Changeling... done right. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deliria The website for Laughing Pan isn't work right, but system is pretty awesome.

Thanks for the heads up. Will check it out when I get home.

I've gotten in a few fights with my ex over GMing style. He did things one way (which I thought was ridiculous) and I did things a completely other way (which had no complaints over). It's long to explain, but gaming fights can happen, sadly.

Yeah, I was in my early 20's when this happened. I would hope I could avoid a situation like it now by reminding her that it was only a game

As for 'responsible' gamers. I have a job and go to school. I know a lot of gamers that are successful adults. It's the ones that aren't that give gaming a bad rep. That and the whole larping thing. No one gets over that experience. lol. I guess it depends on what you believe to be 'successful'.

I hold a M-F 9-5 job now. I don't role play, but have thought of getting back in to it, I'm more in to the miniature games. I spend about as much as I would if I went to a bar or movies in a month, I get out to socialize (unfortunately, not a lot of women, and the few that are, as I said, are taken). It's not something that monopolizes my life, but it is a hobby.

Another way to ask this is to see if guys would be in to a chick that's in to "A Fantasy Improv Drama Group" where she had preset attributes that would effect what her character could and couldn't do and the outcomes are somewhat randomized by a director guiding the actors.

PS, LARPs kind of scare me too.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2008 9:02:31 PM
Where are the gaming girls when you need them :/
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2008 10:25:11 AM
See, I would like to meet one that when you say "Cthulhu" or "H.P. Lovecraft", the don't look at you like you've grown a third eye or something...
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 122
Posted: 6/11/2008 9:07:50 AM
tbeanax - I can't imagine that you would have any trouble finding a guy, especially a nerd that would probably worship the ground you walked on! Good looking, nerdy girls are few and far between, but then again -- GOOD looking, nerdy guys are probably just as rare a breed!
 xeot
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 10:13:38 PM
I don't see a problem with the interest, provided it isn't something more than that.

Of course I doubt any gaming girl is going to be impressed with my experience in that area.... I stopped keeping up with it in about 1988.

The last 'new' pen-paper roll playing game I played was either "Paranoia" or "Twilight 2000". Can't remember which...

Someone could probably get me to play a good game of "star fleet battles".... I used to be good at tactical combat board games..

Worse yet... my video gaming stopped at about the same time... when most home computers were still of the 8-bit variety and the only game controller I can operate with any skill is a classic atari 9-pin :)
 mthomjmark
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/12/2008 9:48:32 AM
I wouldn't; I think they are over the top and they seem to fantasize about being the characters and its too weird. I think its your thing and I'm glad you like it but I'm not going to watch it, get into it, or start playing dungeons and dragons so what do we have in common?

I wouldnt try to convince anyone. People are who they are; if you enjoy it, then its wrong for me to try to change it. Do your thing, and thats fine. Its just not my thing.
 TheHumanist
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/12/2008 4:27:52 PM
I think it's nice that there are girls who play various video and board games :) Nerdy girls are very appealing and I'm going to an anime convention in about a week to meet some :)
 Vancer
Msg: 137
Posted: 6/12/2008 8:33:35 PM
Gaming people seem to really enjoy other gaming people's company.
As long as they ain't both highly competitive individuals.

Personally, I like games that allow people to be creative and work together.
Those seem to be the most fun for everyone.
Although they aren't the adrenaline rush some people like in gaming.
 simpleman20188
Msg: 138
Posted: 6/12/2008 9:48:57 PM
I like Gamer girls. OK there are those that game more for the RP than the game and while I enjoy some of them I much prefer the gal that is there to have an adventure in game rather than an RP scenario or cyborz.

I don't think a lot of people have a clue at just how elaborate and the depth that online gaming has achieved. In the more advanced games you can almost create another life.

Kazot was the name of my EQ Raid Wizard. He has had reincarnations as several caster class avatars.

My first character in EQ met a newbie halfling druid named Quea. We spent a couple of years banging around together in game having a grand time just going out and having adventures. We formed a group of crazy adventurers named the Death Nights. Nothing sexual or romatic about me and her but she was a hell of an online friend and a lot of fun.

Since then it has been guys or manginas but we enjoy playing whether they were male or female. We have had the Death Nights, The Adventure Club and the Horse Men which traveled from one game to another and some of them still play.

My love is not a gamer, I can live with that. Her daughter is more of a MPFPS type, I can play but I don't think it has enough depth. Would I like it if my babe was a gamer, you betchya, I would love to share some adventures and quests with the woman I share the story of my life with.

Some guys go out and play a round of golf, hunt deer, fish, cut the lawn or go shoot pool at the bar. I like to get together with a freind or up to seventy other people and go kill a dragon, do a dungeon crawl beneath a haunted castle.

It is hard to expain unless you have been there, but I have been in battles where the only thing I could see was the heel of the foot and the bottom of its belly the monster was so large, or seen hords of undead swarming into the room as people ran, screaming and dying, and then in every game there is always zones that have rats that that would eat Godzilla for a snack.
 godliketoaster
Msg: 139
Posted: 6/12/2008 9:52:52 PM
Hells Yes.

now if only I could find a local one....
 MegatronPower
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/19/2008 4:18:17 PM
Absolutely love gaming girls. I love to be able to sit down with a girl and game it up rather than just my friends. Absolutely favourite type of girl for me i ahve to say. Maybe i am jsut weird i dunno? But even if she isnt the prettiest girl around, if shes a gamer she already has an in with me. Oddly enough i get hit on by a lot of very pretty girls who i get turned off on because they dont get my technology/gaming hobby and dont care to even attempt to see the light in it.
 superbadzzz
Msg: 152
Posted: 8/30/2008 10:14:50 PM
now there's a woman with mad hit points!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >