Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 L80nw8ng
Msg: 2
view profile
History
why dont women like bigger men?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
First of all, I know plenty of women that dont mind bigger men... they are definitely out there! But I happen to be one of those women that does not, so I can provide my own perspective.

And it has everything to do with personality... let me explain...

First there are two different types of bigger men: the bodybuilders, and the overweight, neither of which appeal at all to me. Bodybuilders tend to be extremely vain (I have yet to meet one that wasnt) Health and nutrition are extremely important to me... but for these guys its a religion! And bodybuilders tend to be controlling in relationships... not only are they very critical of themselves, but they are also very critical of thier partners as well.

The other type of bigger man, the overweight man, also has personality qualities that dont gel with mine. First of all, I have never met an overweight guy that had an energy level to match mine, so generally we dont share enough common activities. I have also never met a bigger guy who was very much into health and nutrition... excess seems to be a way of life, and that is very opposite of my entire outlook. The constant indulging and imbalance makes me miserable.

Now with all that said, I think that most of us women who claim to not like bigger men, WOULD be attracted to someone who was slightly overweight if they still had a high energy level and were clearly taking measures to take care of their bodies.

And all of that is from a personality perspective.

Physically speaking... biologically... we simply dont want someone who is a walking heart attack... we'd like to know that you will stick around a while and can carry on good genes.

I would be very interested in what other women have to say as well.
 then_what
Msg: 3
view profile
History
why dont women like bigger men?
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:29:26 PM
I guess it would be the same reason men have for not being attracted to big women. My last two relationships were with men who were probably about 20 lb overweight.
That in itself is not a problem. I agree with the above poster that people that are serioulsy overweight have become used to eating food that in itself is probably unhealthy. I try to eat healthy and it would bother me if my guy would stuff himself with ding dongs or whatever. Also I like to be active and a bigger guy usually can't keep up.
Of course there are exceptions to all of this, it is just a general answer to your query
 DenimNdreams
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2008 6:25:27 PM
Excellent response. If a guy doesn't care about himself, why is he so picky about the woman he is looking for? I had 4 kids and still wear a size 2. Yes, I can hide some excess under the clothes, but do NOT understand why guys push that belly out there like they are proud of it it. Not just men, but some of these younger women are just as bad. if you can't care enough about yourself to stay in shape, then don't expect it of your partner. I want someone to want me for me as my ex was NOT good looking but also was not overweight.
 kelly jo
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 3:06:19 PM
as for me i prefer a larger man, at least that way i can barrow his jacket when i get cold. lol, seriously bigger men just seem to be more respectful of others.
 maples01
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2008 6:02:28 PM
I'll tell ya what, break your back, get in a wheelchair and look at your prospects of dating, absolutely none, why, because you're considered broken. Now I keep fit and my weight down by using a manual chair, I can push around even with someone in my lap, I don't see why people can't keep themselves in shape.
Yet I have noticed many complaining about their weight being an issue, they are looking for a thin person to have a relationship with, double sided coin here. Have you been turning down prospects because of something you see in their profile?
 bbbluv
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/15/2008 9:47:52 AM
Bigger men are what I look for and if the man has a big belly too its even better for me. I love to cuddle and play with a big belly on a man:)
 kelly jo
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 1:30:20 PM
i myselft perfer bigger men. not only do they know how to really treat a lady there are also dead sexy to me.
 HarleyRider243
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 12:01:50 PM
Ok, I'll add my 35 lbs worth. Most folks I know look at the person first not the size. It seems a tad shallow to date according to size only, thats just my opinion. Of course there are health issues and all that, but for some of us we do say in our profiles that we are overweight. That would seem that the person knows they are "large" and most likely doing something about it. Take me for instance, I'm right at 5' 10" and I'm weighing around 240 now. I KNOW I'm over weight by at least 45 lbs, and there is a reason. I was burned in 05 and laid in Vandy burn unit for about 18 days. No pity needed but the point is I was given steriods to help make my skin grow as needed. In saying that at my age thats not a good thing because it wnet straight to my gut. The Dr's have given me prescription drugs and everything else to help with little luck. But I carry the weight well and have no problem keeping up with anyone. Now some of the comment made by the "perfect" male was really funny. I wont quote any of it but it seems that if what he said was true it would make one wonder what hes doing on an online dating site if he so good. hmmmmm... I've been around a while and know full well that physical attraction is a must for some and thats ok, just remember it takes all kinds and everyone has in mind what they want. Makes me wonder exactly why we are all on this site. Have fun!
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2009 8:39:05 PM
I am currently seeing a man who is quite a bit over weight. I love him just the way he is. I am concerned for his health since I have started thinking about my health and have dropped about 50 lbs. in the last couple of years. He does not have to lose weight for me to love him or approve of him.. but as I consider maybe a long term relationship with him.. his weight could very well be a factor for me. I don't want to be a widow a couple of years into our marriage.. and my only issue is that for the most part this is something that can be changed.. But I do understand how hard it is to change one's lifestyle.. I have battled that myself. It is a hard balance for me..

Hey fellers Dr. Oz says for every 10 lbs. you lose you gain an inch where it counts... hehehe..

What I have seen especially in my 50's that being over weight for both men and women takes a serious toll on your health and your sex life... There are also many complications that occur because of being over weight like diabetes, heart disease, kidney problems.. impotence, lack of libido.

I can't count the number of men I have dated who were impotent because they were on several different kinds of heart medications because they wouldn't modify their diets and life style.. sure they might say that there is a drug for that but what does it accomplish to have more drugs to an already drugged body.
Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  >