Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 413
is there faithful or decent men out therePage 12 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Yeah, there are nice guys out there.
And there are nice women out there.
The problem is, neither one can recognize
the other.

Or so I hear.
 TimR865
Msg: 414
view profile
History
is there faithful or decent men out there
Posted: 10/20/2010 6:51:19 PM
Yes there are faithful men out there. Im one, my father, his father you get the picture. I think there are 2 types of people in the dating world. The mature people who know how to be in a relationship respect others feelings and would end a relationship before they cheated because its the decent thing to do. This applies to both men and women. The cheaters are emotionally infantile people who only act on self interest and gratification. If you been cheated on on the past ( I HAVE) you need to understand this dynamic. But here's the deal, every relationship has 2 sides. Everyone has a part in the relationship, in other words, some people cheat because they weren't getting something out of the relationship. Communication or lack thereof is the beginning of the end of most relationships. In the future, you might want to be good at gauging the level of communication in your relationship so you can possibly avoid another cheater. Lastly, I dont think people that cheat are really happy anyway.
 MaccaFan
Msg: 420
Posted: 11/14/2010 6:31:06 AM
I think she just left out the words "looking for" in her opening sentence..
 thuggogog
Msg: 421
Posted: 11/14/2010 1:13:16 PM
there is men out there but like someone said up to your standards is really hard today and i just sucks when the nice guys are the one being used and thrown away faithfulness is rear in most relation ships cause if one does it the oher does it to get back and that goes for both sexes
 RoxanneR
Msg: 422
Posted: 11/19/2010 11:52:10 AM
MarnieEdgar was using a quote from a previous post, but she wasn't able to include it with the outline around it. Hope that settles that.

As for true Christians, that's what I'm looking for. They're not wimps. They're just guys who know their Maker.
 Vannili
Msg: 423
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2010 9:07:06 AM
[ quote] Yes there are some faithful,decent men out there. However they may not hang where you do.
No wonder, I hang in the wrong places, I hang in all kind of churches and prayed hard to find a faithful and decent man but to no avail..

My move now is to go to some Bar and find a guy minus the faithful and decent, snare a guy showing a glimps of my "poontang" and if he see "double "because of drunkeness,and then decided to cheat on me, I don't mind as long as he don't cheat me with a MAN...
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 424
Posted: 11/20/2010 4:47:47 PM
i can get the ugliest looks by just looking the same direction as a female at times, as if i'm scum, so don't come on here saying there are no decent men out there. u women just choose to ignore them. its easier than trying to get to know a guy hey?
 good_catch77
Msg: 426
Posted: 11/21/2010 9:52:15 PM

Is there faithful and decent men out there?

Yes.

Up to your standards?

Very few.

Keep fishing!

This ^^^^^ is so true. I'm sure that there are plenty of guys out there that fit the bill on some of the "list' but need be it what ever may be a X instead of a Y most women see the X and say red flag and move on...

Grant it men are the same way, not saying we are not. But hey!!! No one ever claimed the dating game to be easy.

Best of luck to every one
 mingo88
Msg: 430
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2010 11:02:37 PM
if you are NOT happy with the woman you are with, you should leave her, NOT cheat!! cheating is very hurtful, selfish and stupid. what purpose does it serve?? and why on earth would you stay with someone if you are soooo unhappy??
 colt8301
Msg: 431
Posted: 12/17/2010 3:32:44 AM

One. I would say that many men just arn't hard wired for monogamy. You might even say it wasn't natural.

I always believed that, I never bought the "together forever" thing. Sure some people do it and they are always nostalgic about their "single" days.

Secondly, many of those men that might be faithful, just arn't attractive to women. You want a faithful (currently single) man? I can deliver you busloads, and you won't be attracted to even one!

Also, true, women and man don't want the people that "want" them half the time.
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 432
Posted: 12/17/2010 12:29:44 PM
I think....that sometimes when a woman keeps continuously picking "unfaithful" men, that she needs to begint to look inward to why that is...

This is a problem for both women, AND men to explore really....but I think for most people its just easier to blame the world outside of themselves, rather than to consider that it may be THEM themselves that have a problem finding the right person for themselves.

In other words, your picker is broke, and its time to figure out why?
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 433
Posted: 12/17/2010 12:41:11 PM

if you are NOT happy with the woman you are with, you should leave her, NOT cheat!! cheating is very hurtful, selfish and stupid. what purpose does it serve?? and why on earth would you stay with someone if you are soooo unhappy??

Why? I'll tell ya why. No balls.

Women stay with guys they're not happy with, too. And, if someone's not happy and not cheating (aka, not getting any) their mood goes sour and complicates things even more.
 ladyinup2013
Msg: 434
Posted: 2/12/2013 1:19:46 PM
why should she take 50% of the responsibility here, she didn't cheat~~why can't lonely women leave the married guys alone~~I have had opportunities to cheat with a married man, but i have morals and some integrity~men do the same thing, they go after married women and it's never for the right reasons~genders are reversing, it's about time people see what this sex stuff is really about~no morals only get you a lot of pain, and the other one gets really hurt~men want to love one woman, and have sex with as many~it's stupid, it's childish, the real men are the ones who want only one for everything~
 WOU89
Msg: 435
Posted: 2/12/2013 7:11:05 PM
There are a lot of good guys out there. I have seen them and I am one. I have never cheated or lied, never been hurtful and never talked about intimate details of my time with girls I was dating. Yet I have been dumped by 3 girls including a fiance, they cheated or left me for other guys. One would think I would be jaded but I keep my hopes up. There are nice guys but alot get ruined by bad girls. I would be fine having sex with one person the rest of my life, the woman I have dated didnt feel the same.
 tinkerbell30948
Msg: 436
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2013 11:10:28 PM
Deep down inside you are a really good person that is extremely hurt. I know your pain my ex cheated on me and threw me out of my house. He was very abusive before the cheating and it got worse closer to the time he cheated on me. What I learned over the years that I have been single is that I am very much a codependent people pleaser. Being codependent is tough on a relationship. Now I am not saying that's you cause it might have been him and he may have had some resentments and could not talk to you about it. However, he hurt you by cheating on you and not being honest about what really was going on. If you want to know about codependency you can get a book called codependent no more or you can find out about coda meetings they have online resources and also were you can attend coda meetings. Now I am not saying my way is right it is just my own personal experience. And I found coda helped me set boundaries to not let this happen again. Just remember you are a good person.
 BLACKPANTHER1ea
Msg: 437
Posted: 2/15/2013 4:54:30 AM
For every 1 good man there are 6 women....who are the other 5 doing?
 spirited-won
Msg: 438
Posted: 2/17/2013 8:09:08 PM
I was pretty lucky in the past to date men who were faithful but the men I've dated in the past couple of years aren't satisfied in a monogamous relationship. I've even discussed this with them prior to dating and hearing they too wanted a monogamous relationship but come to find out that only I was into the relationship seriously.

Finally met someone who has the same values as I do and is mature enough to know what he wants. He treats me well and has learned from previous relationship, doesn't have baggage and wouldn't even think of cheating on me. It's refreshing to go about the day knowing I'm loved and respected by him and I don't have to think about my relationship or wonder about his fidelity.
 So-cut3e
Msg: 439
Posted: 2/18/2013 10:54:54 AM
I think that a lot of women equate sex with love when in fact it has absolutely to do with love for men they just do it....it has absolutely nothing to do with the women they're with( well maybe sometimes).
 jermanicus
Msg: 440
Posted: 2/22/2013 4:27:46 PM
There are good decent men everywhere just open your eyes and look around!
 jermanicus
Msg: 441
Posted: 2/22/2013 4:31:04 PM
it is just as difficult to find a good woman
 Albvs
Msg: 442
Posted: 2/23/2013 8:36:10 PM
Yes, they still exist. But they're like unicorns. It takes a woman who's faithful and decent to find him.
 vitamansea
Msg: 443
Posted: 2/24/2013 7:09:50 AM
I can't sleep with strangers, my penis wont work. Besides I can usually do anything I want with the woman im with.
 ManhHeartLove
Msg: 444
Posted: 2/24/2013 11:23:49 AM
yes worth it all each step
 ManhHeartLove
Msg: 445
Posted: 2/24/2013 11:25:02 AM
a beautiful woman needs only real hugs
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >