Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 corsetsme
Msg: 115
is there faithful or decent men out therePage 2 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
you know OP...I like you have always been cheated on, and to be honest I am not sure why as I consider myself to be a decent, fun person...but I am in agreement with the other responders...it is all about choices and looking back, break my heart though it does...I just made bad ones...so here is to us being wiser for it now...good luck to you...
 prettite
Msg: 119
is there faithful or decent men out there
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:28:08 PM
I wonder the same thing myself. I have tested different theories, and found that a man's unfaithfulness has little to do with the woman he's involved with, and more to do with a man's character and integrity. It takes a man who:

* Does the right thing even when no one is looking, or when they don't think they will get caught.
* Has some degree of integrity and self discipline.
* Has morals and ethics.

I've found that it's hard to find men like that unless you're in church, and even then it's questionable. Hence the internet dating site. It's all too tempting to a man to have multiple women hitting on them...all willing to give it up for little more than dinner and maybe a movie (or in some cases, just a****ail). It's very disheartening, but as long as women are willing to do that, and to take men back after catching them cheating, they will continue to do it. I know it doesn't seem like it sometimes, but it's better to be lonely then to be with a cheater.
 prettite
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:31:13 PM
This guy's response is brainless. Does he really think that women purposefully pick a cheater? Doesn't he know that even when everything is great between a cheater and his gf...even when he is madly in love with her and happy sexually that a cheater will still cheat.
 dageeman
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:32:27 PM
Everytime I read a woman's report on cheating, she always blames men. It is a known fact that women waste time dating a "bad boy" because he brings excitement to their boring lives. Once a woman uses her efforts and body to rehabilitate the bad boys, their system gets used to attracting the wrong guy. She will never recognize a good man because she isn't used to. Now it's every man that get accused of cheating when in actuality it is still the woman's choice that makes it a difficult situation. It's not that a man knows what he's lost, it is a woman's choice of not ever knowing a good man. Good men get victimized by you so-called good women when you happen to stumble across us. Wasting our time trying to show you a good relationship when you know you aren't used to it. The good woman fights the whole time because the good man isn't like the bad boy. Sound familiar to you? Change your choice and your personality and you will draw a good man to you. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth.
 prettite
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:32:33 PM
Another idiot response. Vicimizers always blame their victims for their behavior.
 prettite
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:33:55 PM
Hello? Men don't get left behind because they're honest good and kind. If you're getting left behind look at other things.
 prettite
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:35:55 PM
These posts are so wayyyy out there! Decent men being called wimps and jerks? HAHAHA!. If women are calling you a wimp and a jerk, it's because you're a wimp and a jerk!
 prettite
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:37:31 PM
OP, these posts are ridiculous, please read with brain in gear. You are not to blame because your men have cheated on you. THEY are to blame. This guy is likely a cheater.
 dageeman
Msg: 127
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:40:18 PM
So are you saying that women don't cheat? I guess there aren't any men out there who have been hurt by you "good women" right? Now who is brainless?
 firemanpetey...
Msg: 129
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:41:17 PM
i saw a cable nature program once that addressed this.....instinctively,for survival of the species,males are programmed to want to mate with as many different females as possible.....women are programmed to coax a male to give it up,stay home,and protect the baby.......its up to an individual to find it important to act on his higher brain functions........churches usually teach the female perspective on this....try to find a man at church....even then,choose carefully,even preachers are wild animals by nature!!!!!!!!!!
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:45:20 PM
prettite: "Another idiot response."

So, what you're saying, is if someone isn't in agreement with you, they are an idiot???
hmmmmm Probably someone who has been cheated on, I'm guessing. If not, you will be....

~ds~
 True Blue63
Msg: 131
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:46:41 PM
I am sorry to hear that you are having such bad luck!,I live in a different province. I had been corresonding with a man from Revelostoke British ColumbiaI live in a different province
. Went out to see him and all seemed cool. Hmm maybe too perfect as I soon found out that I was not the only one that he was leading on. We had even made plans for me to move out there.
It is amazing what you can find out when you post a profile with your friends picture that he has not met and then e-mail your one and only! Especially when you get a reply that he would love to meet you!
This is how I found out that he was playing more than one lady!

and men wonder why we can not trust them!
 dageeman
Msg: 132
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:49:33 PM
As I guessed, U R hpeless. Blaming men for your mistakes. Just like men who don't approach you or want to date you I am going to not waste anymore time on you as well.
 dageeman
Msg: 133
Posted: 3/25/2008 6:53:45 PM
I can see why "Sasseelass" feels the way she does. She ran across a man that doesn't own up to his word. I'm sorry that happened to you. All I am asking is that women stop blaming us all for another man's mistake. Just keep being nice and a good one will come your way.
 ck1time
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2008 8:16:00 PM
NOPE. SORRY. I was the last one. And now I'm taking a vacation from women. So, all gone.
 YourDarkAngel
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/25/2008 11:39:12 PM

I would respond to the sad little angry man who keeps grunting about stats, but he's not worth my time, nor effort. I guess I'll have to be the adult, again, as any 'real lady' would. No, he needs no response, since he's not really seeking one. His last one where he was calling names put him in the ground. He then, took a break from his silliness, cause his ego took a hit. Then, his friend tried to bail him out with more silliness, and now...his poor little ego will, once again, take a hit.

Unfortunately, it doesn't help when you resort to personal attacks.

In all seriousness, think about that next time you claim victory but don't stick to the basic tenets of debate. I don't know who you're calling out (I think it was Mr. Incognito), but it would help you next time when engaging in argumentation that would have a modicum of creditability.
 Loup Solitaire
Msg: 151
Posted: 3/26/2008 8:25:21 AM
I've seen many statistics thrown around this thread, and no source for any of them. So I think it's time I present some information with actual credibility.

"Based on a national random probability sample, the National Opinion Research Center (NORC) found as part of its 1991 General Social Survey that infidelity among married couples is less frequent than has been previously reported. According to the NORC survey, 10 percent of married women and 20 percent of married men have been unfaithful to their spouses. The numbers are higher for those who have been divorced or separated. Further, infidelity does not correlate with education, religious affiliation, or geographic region. It is likely that infidelity rates for women will increase in proportion to their growing presence in the workforce. Morality played an important part in the survey: The infidelity rate is only 10 percent for those who think adultery is always wrong. An accompanying chart plots marital infidelity by age and gender, and previous surveys on infidelity are discussed."

-Greeley, Andrew M. "Marital infidelity." Society 31(1994). Abstract.

This is the most recent, reliable study done that I was able to find. If someone is able to find a more recent one, then I would like to see it.
 dogs rule
Msg: 153
Posted: 3/26/2008 8:55:09 AM

I hate to disagree with you, Solar, about other men not having respect for the losers who play the women. In fact, many times, you will see other men hi-fiveing each other because they scored another bimbo. But, don't get me wrong...women are catching up with these players, and many are giving these guys a taste of their own medicine.

These high fiving men are not the normal men. I have to agree with solar. The majority of men of good people and don't high five their buddy's sexual life. I have always looked down on the guys that went around having sex with every woman they could find or their last bimbo experience.
I also look down on the women that have come up to me in bars and asked if I will take them home and do them.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 154
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:06:20 AM
If women are calling you a wimp and a jerk, it's because you're a wimp and a jerk!

Hmm back to parachute logic ......... this will get interesting.

Actually, isn't this called "raising awareness"?

At some point, if everyone thinks you are a tool, you just have to accept you are indeed a tool.

(Um, I'm not directing this at any particular person, just saying that if external reality is always consistent, it may be YOU who is wrong)
 sweetkisses1970
Msg: 160
Posted: 3/26/2008 12:44:10 PM
Men and women will never agree on the topic of cheating. Those that have been cheated on think that it will happen again. Men that have cheated in a relationship tend to blame the female for the "problems" . I don't care what the problem is If she didn't cheat on you, you have no right to blame her for your cheating period.
Men are preprogrammed to spread their seed, cheating is secondary or a necessary evil.

I think any male or female if they think they wont get caught, many might jump at the opportunity.

again only my 2 cents ( be gentle with responses)........
 TMac13
Msg: 163
Posted: 3/26/2008 6:59:32 PM
God yes!! Are you kidding? The men I've had in my life have been AWESOME, never doubted them for a moment and they never betrayed my trust. Of course, I have been very careful about who I walk with. I am a precious prize, I treat my man the same way I want to be treated, I choose carefully who I have in my life and I've never gone wrong. BTW: I'm 42, so it's not my first day.
 Sardonis
Msg: 168
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:50:51 PM
I only want to be in a monogamous relationship.

Why would I want otherwise?
 energy997
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 11:49:06 PM
I have been hurt by a girl that I loved dearly. Its not just men that cheat. I was completely faithful and honest with her. I guess its not what she wants, maybe she just wants to hear what she wants to hear.
 tammys43
Msg: 172
Posted: 3/27/2008 5:51:19 PM
mr incognito you make bill clinton look good
 degostyle
Msg: 174
Posted: 3/28/2008 1:35:42 PM
The guy that said all men are programmed to cheat is full of it. I have NEVER cheated in my life, yet I get cheated on 99% of the time. Why? Because im not good looking enough? Because Im not sexy enough? Who the hell knows. The point is, when women are saying they are looking for mr. right, what they acually go after is the ones that apeal to them sexually...weather it be physically or mentally..and yes, there is a difference....Women set themselves up for being cheated on because they take the hot guy with a boat load of money over the average guy with the average salary but will give u the love u need. That is pretty much the just of at least 90% of the women out there
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >