Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Your Cuddle Buddy
Msg: 179
view profile
History
is there faithful or decent men out therePage 3 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Yes and No

I loved my ex wife very much. Never cheated on her, never abused her. She was my world. I didn't really make any new close friends for the 12 years we were together. She needed me too for a long while. But eventually she found someone she liked better and really wasn't as comitted as she expected me to be. She stabbed me in the back, ripped out my heart and without any discussion, ran off with another man "to be happy". I've met women who after a couple of kids had their husband do the same thing just "to be happy" and other men who's wives did the same thing without remorse or explaination. I've dated on and off, messed around with a few women but not really finding myself fulfilled. I'm not going to be comitted to anyone unless I really feel happy with that person and learn to trust again. The last woman that I was getting serious about did basically the same thing my ex did. The only difference is there was no long term relationship/commitment even though she had been telling me she wasn't looking for anyone else. One of my friends tells me after catching his second wife at a motel 6 cheating on him that women are always looking for the bigger better deal and don't appreciate what they have. Loyalty doesn't seem to meen anything but you can take advantage of your spouses trust. I think this kind of thing happens with a lot of people, not just women. Who has to be faithful when it's perfectly legal and acceptable to cheat on your mate/spouse? That comes down to morals and who has those anymore? My ex left her Christain faith before me so it's whatever people can rationalize is OK these days. I once believed in a monogomous life long relationship, but I'm starting to doubt that's possible due to human nature. And at this point I don't even care if I find a mate tomorrow because I would rather be alone than have my heart ripped out by some woman who just cares about herself and will only want to be with me until something better comes along. What was shaping up to be a really ideal life for me has turned into a nightmare. I used to watch people on Jerry Springer and tell myself those people are stipid, I'm glad I don't have any friends like that. Turned out I was married to a skandalous ho bag and just didn't know it. Now I understand why peole once burned just want to play around with no strings attached.
 BambiForest
Msg: 182
is there faithful or decent men out there
Posted: 3/29/2008 3:37:49 PM
I don't think there are. The last two relationships I was in the guy was messing around on me. I don't get it. I am good in bed and want sex frequently and these girls they mess with are NASTY! It is like they are keeping me around for their good girl ( which I am...I am not a slut but I am sexually liberal with the guy I am with, hell I like all kinds of things). It just seems like they love going slumming. I don't get it.
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 192
Posted: 3/29/2008 7:30:55 PM
there's piles of 'em/us...but from my experiences and talking with fellow buds of mine, we've concurred that it seems like women don't know how to keep us....

frustrating as hell too...
 MJC2008
Msg: 194
Posted: 3/29/2008 7:50:35 PM
Red-Alert
There are a few good men left I suppose......but I am in the same boat.....I was dating a guy and was completely in love with everything about him....that is until I got an email from someone he was talking to online while we were together. It hurts to know that some men just don't want to be with one woman....they somehow think that the grass is greener on the other side. My advice to you is advice that I have to look at myself and that is......take care of you and keep your eyes focused on what is really important and thats your health-(mental, emotional and physical), someday a decnt guy will come along we hope and we will never have to be in that same position again. Good luck next time.
 Its_a_secret
Msg: 200
Posted: 3/30/2008 12:50:12 AM
hhhahaah@ latest poll..yet no reference, no specifics..blah.
whatever dude.
uh....ok..if that make you sleep better at night...so be

it is a proven fact that men are the hunter and gatherers...
they look for the best mate to procreate with....so be it...
move on and accept it..i dont see the dilemma.....

stop blaming the other sex for your actions...lame
 wisguyingb
Msg: 204
Posted: 3/30/2008 8:40:25 AM
There are many great guys out there, but they have been labeled as a Nice Guy. The 2 words that no man wants to hear about himself. Sounds like the OP is just been intrested in the wrong men.
 NightElfWarrior
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2008 8:47:33 AM
I just read through 9 pages of this thread! Do I get a prize?
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 206
Posted: 3/30/2008 9:19:28 AM
^^^^^^^^
yep...
 Imtheone7
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2008 9:53:10 AM
Yes,

There are a lot of guys who are faithful.. who truly appeciate their wives and women in general.

A happy, contented man, who's needs are being met does not look for an affair.

You just have to keep looking for the right guy..

Good luck.. Jeff
 ciscoj33
Msg: 217
Posted: 3/30/2008 5:05:36 PM
this post is nothing more than crap. this is nothing more than another idiot who's been sucked in by the left-wing feminist BS agenda and is looking for sympathy because of her bad choices in men.

here is wisdom....if you date guys that are nothing but sh#$, then that's exactly what you're gonna get....sh#$.
 Reel Tyme
Msg: 218
Posted: 3/30/2008 6:51:32 PM
i used to wonder why out of all the women in the world why i would meet the worst ones. i finally realized that i had to change my way of thinking. if you keep finding these types of men look at the pool from which you are pulling. next set high standards for your self. watch the men observe them. my grangmother once said "if you watch a person when things are going bad you will see the truth about them revealed". hard times brings out the truth in people. most of all get to know the man before you get sexually involved. emotions sometimes can betray us.
KEEP YO HEAD UP!
 StarreGazer
Msg: 224
Posted: 4/4/2008 1:59:15 PM

Msg: 4 -- We're out there. It's not just the men that do it.

I TOTALLY agree with THIS!!!! Unfaithfulness, Infidelity, or Whatever you choose to call it, is NOT restricted to GENDER!!!!

If a man and woman are TOTALLY LOCKED IN *BY* *LOVE* to a MONOGAMOUS relationship, Infidelity is a NON-ISSUE!

I personally have NEVER been unfaithful to anyone with whom I have been involved. I have, however, been involved with a *FEW* (few as in NOT most, indicating this is NOT a pattern established by a given gender) women who have chosen to be unfaithful to me.

That period of my life was quite challenging to me, because AT the time, I had SERIOUS doubts as to whether ANY woman could be faithful to me. I now simply charge it up to poor choices in my life at the time. MOST men AND women whom I have met have had problems with fidelity concerning their chosen partner, PARTICULARLY those who wish to have a Life-Time-Relationship (MY definition of LTR, "Long-Term" meaning nothing more than an easy "out" if things go wrong). To me, LTR is tantamount to a marriage, without the legal document. It is a vow between a man and a woman that ALL will be AS a marriage, and in FACT IS a marriage, in SPITE of legal documentation to the contrary.

So, YEAH, INFIDELITY in THIS context can be QUITE DAMAGING to one's psyche.

The only defense I can see against this sort of deception is to be ABSOLUTELY SURE your intended LTR is on the same page as you.

OK, "MAGIC TRICK"? How to TRULY be SURE? Hmm, get back to me if you find the answer!!!! I have been plagued by this for YEARS!!!!

I am a widower of a 25 year marriage, and I KNOW FOR A FACT SHE WAS FAITHFUL TO ME!

BUT, before her were so many who were UNFAITHFUL. She won my trust easily. I seriously doubt anyone else could do as well.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 226
Posted: 4/6/2008 2:56:14 PM
OP, you should ask your man/men, you say you have never given him/them a reason to cheat, yet you say all men cheat.. so in your eyes, men just cheat, period,,so you take no responsibility, (not that you should for their actions), but something is wrong if every man cheated on you,, yet you say your happy together, ( not that I condone cheating) apparently some one for got to tell your man/men about what happiness means..it seems they all must be wrong there too... you picked them, what would that tell you...

Wrong.. all men do not cheat..
 UndercoverPCD
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2008 12:47:20 PM
well let me say that I have been on a few dating sites and have found that so many married men or men in relationships are on those sites and freely ask you for sexual encounters and dates. It is sickening and very depressing to see how men treat their woman. Then if you do meet someone who is single and start chatting so many end up just wanting cybersex and are not interested in anything else, they lie about wanting a relationship and use it to soften you up once you do what they ask then poof they are gone, so now the minute they start talking in the sexual direction I no longer chat to them and quickly get of the computer, if I am going to start being used as a slut etc then I might as well go out there and be one and get paid for the work I am doing and that way i know not to get my heart involved. I live in Albany, New Zealand and I am wondering is there no deceit and truthful men out there, Did our Mothers get all the good ones and the last ones. So girls chin up and march on, the search is not over. Good luck to you all as we need it. Being a widow is like a red flag in front of them and some times I think just give it up and live your life alone. But hope is there and so I keep looking. So good luck to you all, we sure need it.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 237
Posted: 4/7/2008 1:06:48 PM
Ok guys,, lets put our big boy pants on,, just another tread telling us all how bad we are,, Opps,, I'm heading to a place where the woman aren't complaining,,,The woman who enjoy a good man..
 scotlandforever
Msg: 238
Posted: 4/7/2008 1:07:53 PM
I would have to agree with SPIRITJEFF. There are plenty of decent guys out there who would be faithful to the woman they are with. Some of those guys will never get the chance though because lots of women want that "bad boy" type. When you get the "bad boy" why are you surprised that he turns out to be what you wanted in the first place? No that doesn't mean that I think you want a guy to cheat on you, it means that when it happens it shouldn't surprise you. Give some of the nice decent "good guy" types... you know them (good enough to be your friend but not bad enough to want them)... give them a chance and you may be very pleasantly surprised.
 CompleteCommodity
Msg: 246
Posted: 4/9/2008 3:37:06 PM
I have honestly never been in love, but I have always been faithful to every woman that i have been with. I have been cheated on myself, but I never allow that to effect future relationships. You should never think about giving up. Finding true love is worth ever effort and moment that you put into it. I don't know what it feels like, but I imagine that it's a blissful exciting feeling that gives you unimaginable pleasure. Keep your head held high red-alert and someday you will meet the perfect man for you.
 CompleteCommodity
Msg: 247
Posted: 4/9/2008 3:37:29 PM
I have honestly never been in love, but I have always been faithful to every woman that i have been with. I have been cheated on myself, but I never allow that to effect future relationships. You should never think about giving up. Finding true love is worth ever effort and moment that you put into it. I don't know what it feels like, but I imagine that it's a blissful exciting feeling that gives you unimaginable pleasure. Keep your head held high red-alert and someday you will meet the perfect man for you.
 440david
Msg: 249
Posted: 4/9/2008 5:35:15 PM
My x said it wasn't my nature. So, I think it has to do with what your paying attention to. Some people don't need anything else, they don't even see things in that way. But it depends on how your wired.
 opnmydm
Msg: 255
Posted: 4/29/2008 4:34:31 AM
there are many of us out there, you ladies are just looking in the wrong places and picking the wrong guys
 anyoneoutthier
Msg: 256
Posted: 4/29/2008 7:36:11 PM
We are here but we either dont have enough money or we ae that good looking or we could be to old I wont say to young as you women all seam to like boy toys.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 257
Posted: 4/30/2008 4:47:15 PM
well, I just read 2 posts that from young women that would make Paris Hilton look like a virgin. They what was the response from some young girls? Dont blame them for cheating or being slutty; its in the past, forget it.

Guys and girls cheat and women are as bad as men.
 simpleman20188
Msg: 258
Posted: 4/30/2008 8:02:12 PM

I think it is truly a man thing. We don't think with the other head if you know what I mean.

I can't decide if it is a joke or the village idiot.

Is there a special catalog you get those kind of blinders from?
 kagam01
Msg: 260
Posted: 4/30/2008 8:14:45 PM
Well,there could be myriad reasons but the most common ones.Many a time women want an ideal man,one that will sweep them off their feet but end up being quixotic or lost in chimera;They think an ideal man is the one that has slick tongue,makes ripsnorting jokes and gerally crazy in some sort;in their quest for love and soulmates,they end up picking those men that tells them exactly what they want to hear,despite the fact that everything they say is unctuous and,therefore,they end up with the wrong guy.After a while that's when they notice/realize their foibles/mistakes and they start again from square,which becomes a repeating cycle.
Msg: 261
begging for decent men and women...
Posted: 4/30/2008 8:22:21 PM
Why don't the women complaining that there are no decent men troll through the nice guy threads and why aren't the NICE GUYS trolling through the women searching for decent men?
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >