Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jenasong
Msg: 262
is there faithful or decent men out therePage 4 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
hey ds, (just for the record).....plz enlighten me.....what's 'OP'?
Msg: 266
80% of men cheat
Posted: 5/1/2008 7:25:05 AM
Statistics can be easily tweak by misinterpretation.

I'll believe that 80% of women are cheated on in their relationship, but it is by the SAME men.

The 7%(?) of the men that cheat, do it so much they cover 80% of the women.

Because, seriously, 80% of men in a relationship?
 DemonLeather
Msg: 269
is there faithful or decent men out there
Posted: 5/1/2008 9:52:25 PM
Well... I've always been faithful, unless they started first (then all bets/stops were off/out) But I'm also pretty honest, so I have to say I fail miserably on the "decent" part. I look at it this way... what's wrong with a faithful indecent guy?
Hey,.. that's 50%... AND the toughest part too!
 Evenor
Msg: 274
Posted: 5/2/2008 1:19:05 PM
Yes there IS some "faithful" and "decent" men out there. Yet often why is it women often want to go for the "bad boy" over the "decent" guy then keep wondering all the while why their relationships aren't working out? Often those "decent" men have been in front of you the whole time yet he keeps getting overlooked. I have a female friend that would rather be with a guy who belittles her until he gets what he wants, lets his jealousy run off most of her friends and making her have to lie about being with those she does still have so he can appear as "the only one that truly cares for her", hits her... , family doesn't like her and he said he chooses his family over her every time, and 8 years later (not married) she still keeps running back to him swearing she "loves" him and he "loves" her. Always come crying or angry to me when things get rough. Then gets mad at me telling her she might be better off finding someone, anyone else besides him. And I've seen this quite a few times so why is it that there are women who would choose someone "bad" like that over a "decent" guy?
 smileee4u
Msg: 275
Posted: 5/2/2008 4:51:21 PM
He cheats because he can. You are exchanging sex for committment. Am I right? Did you make it clear to him that you are exchanging sex for committment? Did he break his end of the bargain? Then, sue him.
 AnglFlynToCloseToGround
Msg: 276
Posted: 5/2/2008 5:04:56 PM
There are good guys out there ... somewhere ... Being unfaithful and lying is just not worth it to me either ... You realy dont know what you got till its gone ... You will find someone who is good to you ...
 Soul Union
Msg: 277
Posted: 5/2/2008 5:17:47 PM
. . . have been in love a few time [sic] . . . Never found a man that could be truely [sic] faithful. - red-alert

> You say in your profile heading that you are "looking for a good man." Well, I've just read a thread, started by a woman, who insists that the term "good woman" is sexist. (I wonder what her definition of sexist is? I wonder if she could say? I wonder if she knows who is responsible for these New Age terms - sexist, racist, feminist, anti-feminist, ageist, etc. I doubt it. But she uses it anyway - to make men who are seeking 'good women' feel bad about themselves and to make herself feel superior.)
> I digress. You say that you have never found a man who (a man is a who, dear lady, not a 'that') could be truly faithful. I don't understand the difference between faithful and truly faithful. Either you are faithful or you are not.
> My advice, for what it's worth, is to get your hands on a book called Awareness by the late Anthony de Mello. It is a worldwide bestseller, and yet you don't see it heavily advertised. It is a book that people recommend to others, as I am recommending it to you.
> After you have read this book, even the first time, you will never think the same way again, I assure you. You will never 'complain' about men, or women, or anyone else ever again - about their behaviour, their thinking, their actions. You will realise that everything comes from you. This may seem like a difficult idea to get your head around, but when you read de Mello's book you will see things falling into place that you never thought about before.
> Good luck with everything.
> Best wishes - Soul Union.
 NightElfWarrior
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 8:28:20 AM

Yes there IS some "faithful" and "decent" men out there. Yet often why is it women often want to go for the "bad boy" over the "decent" guy then keep wondering all the while why their relationships aren't working out? Often those "decent" men have been in front of you the whole time yet he keeps getting overlooked. I have a female friend that would rather be with a guy who belittles her until he gets what he wants, lets his jealousy run off most of her friends and making her have to lie about being with those she does still have so he can appear as "the only one that truly cares for her", hits her... , family doesn't like her and he said he chooses his family over her every time, and 8 years later (not married) she still keeps running back to him swearing she "loves" him and he "loves" her. Always come crying or angry to me when things get rough. Then gets mad at me telling her she might be better off finding someone, anyone else besides him. And I've seen this quite a few times so why is it that there are women who would choose someone "bad" like that over a "decent" guy?

Ok I hate to sound so cynical, but I wish one of those "bad boys" would write a book. "Bad Boy for Dummies". Cuz I really need it! lol
 crayonzz
Msg: 282
Posted: 5/25/2008 9:44:12 PM
There are plenty but so what? You women have clearly demonstratd , by your behaviour, that the only men you are after is the current flavour of the month. Used to be rock or sporting stars. Now it's everything from celebrity home renovator to clelb chef.

Those guys get mobbed be they single or happily married.

The second group, the women tolerate, are the cheaters and abusers. They keep breaking up with them of course but they also keep returing to them

Faithful and decent men? Most of these can be found still living with mom age 35 not because they are momys boys but simply because the girls don't want to know about them.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 283
Posted: 5/25/2008 9:57:29 PM
Yes; you should be looking at yourself and why you choose cheaters? Take responsibility. Don't blame all men because you have chosen poorly.
 simpleman20188
Msg: 285
Posted: 5/25/2008 10:09:48 PM
"is there faithful or decent men out there"
Lots of them.

I think most of them are cr@ppy at dating and the few others usualy find what they are looking for pretty quick.

I found most women uncompatable. I didn't like their character, I didn't like the way they looked or they were not that great in bed. I had a very limited selection of women I would be willing to be with and I still found her.

I am very faithful but most of the women on PoF may not consider me "decent".

If I was having problems with making poor choices of those I was dating the first place I would look would be in a mirror.
 catman40
Msg: 286
Posted: 5/26/2008 5:42:11 AM
I keep saying this . " woman are looking for guys who don't play games , cheat . are nice to them " . so then why , Iam still on here ? I live in wisconsin I WOULD NOT make you think I am cheating on you lieing or playing games . OK , so this MAY be my downfall . on a first date . I want to see IF anything happens . no sex . I get a second date it, nice third date . I let the woman make the rules SHE wants . IF , I get another date . after all that . THEN , I can think of us as boyfreind and girlfreind .
 rdcnorm
Msg: 290
Posted: 6/1/2008 3:48:49 PM

Men dont know how to be faithful red-alert.

Bless them they do try and tell us they try very hard, but from reading the forums, men just cant get that little thing to stay put with one woman, long enough for a relationship to develop

If what you say is true, I kind of wonder what kind of woman, will have an affair with a man who is married or in a relationship,, wait your going to say all men are liars too.. and that the women didn't know,,, if that's the case God must have a plan for you woman,, he just wants f666 with all women,, if that not true,, and women know men can;t keep it in their pants,, and you are all being cheated on,, why the hell are you woman having sex or a in relationship with a man,, we all cheat, lie,,
men must be smart, knowing woman will always come back for more abuse...

I would conclude with the statement you made, woman are stupid, why haven't you woman banned together, stopped having relationships and sex with men,, do you like being lied to and cheated on,, you must,,

Do I believe what I just wrote,,, NO.. but the statement I just quoted is just absurd
 SCUDRUNN3R
Msg: 294
Posted: 6/4/2008 12:46:39 PM
yeah, there is. Right here. Never cheated since my 1st ever gf. But then other things go wrong! Or they cheat on you! It's dog eat dog almost- Frank said it best- That's life.
 realzenartist
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2008 3:13:24 PM
I have always been a serial monogamist .. except for when I was just dating around or had several women in my life (when I was younger) but no committed relationship.I wont even get involved sexually with a woman whos married or living with someone... its just not the way Im made.. it feels dishonest... tho if they had an "open relationship" and all parties were ok with it ....maybe... but its not what I want or am looking for... I am faithful and honest to a fault maybe too much so ...
 Miss G
Msg: 298
Posted: 6/4/2008 3:33:32 PM
some advice from my neighbor, you might be looking a long time for a great guy, but remember, he's been looking for you for a long time, too.
 Outta_Vogue
Msg: 299
Posted: 6/4/2008 4:06:51 PM
Of course there are faithful decent men out there.

Most are just confused and depressed because women tell them they want nice guys, but then jump into the arms of total jerks, and then complain and ask where all the nice guys are.

How about this? 80% of guys will stop cheating when 80% of women stop lying about what they want, and then using nice guys they supposedly want as support so they can still feel loved while in a relationship with a total ***hole.
 Ronery1234
Msg: 306
Posted: 7/19/2008 1:43:28 PM
Theres few descent men left out there because they arent appreciated, women cheet, lie, use, take advantage of, and manipulate men just as often as men do it to women. Only difference is men know its wrong and dont care, and more often then not women actually somehow justify when they do wrong things. Good men just get screwed over so much they come to realize its not worth it, and just try to do it to women before they can do it to them. I have never cheated, but every girlfreind Ive ever had has done it to me and I was always extremely good to them, Im ONE more trainwreck of a relationship away from just dropping my nice-ness and become an ***hole myself. Sorry that you were cheated on, but its the female race as a whole that cause guys like that.
Sorry to sound like an ass, but this is what ive experianced in my lifetime
 kickerboy
Msg: 308
Posted: 7/19/2008 2:55:34 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there ARE faithful and decent men out there... I am one of them... no I am not perfect and have made many mistakes in my life, but I learned a long time ago that I didn't feel good about myself when taking advantage of or disrespecting another person... and let's face it, if you are involved with somebody and both of you agree that it is exclusive, then it is a hurtful thing to cheat on the other person. I've never cheated on any girlfriend, let alone wife whom I have had two and still hope to find the right one eventually.

I could be bitter and used to be bitter because my x-wife asked me for a divorce breaking our vows, and I believe she was cheating on me although I had no desire to prove it or search for the answers... when you experience things like this, they hurt. Why would anybody do the same to somebody else?... especially somebody you are exclusive with, and if you desire to play the field, then do it but only after you become non-exclusive first... this is basic respect, and I am now careful with whom I trust exclusively to work on a relationship... the question... do they love themselves or not, and thus value how they FEEL about what they DO.

So, YES... there are faithful and decent men out there... open your eyes... I'm looking for the same in a woman and won't settle for less nor give less.
 Pleasurelimits
Msg: 311
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:53:40 PM
Yes there are. I have found the perfect way to never even think about it the woman I love has no peers so I would only be disappointed if I did stray
 COUNTRY364
Msg: 315
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:15:44 PM
YES THERE ARE@ IM PROUD 2 SAY IM 1 OF THEM,,WOULD LIKE TO MEET A WOMAN WITH THE SAME STANDARDS
 swtsunlvr
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 1:21:22 PM
This might not be a popular answer,but,I totally believe that women have to take some accountability for their man cheating.If you're
giving your man what he needs,and,then,don't let it get boring and old,you have a better chance of keeping him interested in only you.There ARE men that are just born cheaters,but,you increase your chances of him not cheating if you at least try to keep yourself fit,clean,dressed nice,smellin' good,flirty for him,a little mysterious,and loving.
To those men that would cheat anyway....well,you're messed UP!!!
 rdcnorm
Msg: 321
Posted: 7/21/2008 3:40:46 PM
Yes there are,, but as a man, prior to marriage,, I was an exotic male dancer,, I can't tell you how many times I was offered a good time from a married woman.. Then when I was married, now widowed,, I used to go out on Friday nights to hang with my construction crew,, again,, hit on by married women,,, Then after my wife passes away,, I was starting to learn what the dating world was like all over again,, (and how it has changed) again married women,, hitting on a single guy,,

I just thought I would point that out before,, to much crap is passed over to men,, and yes men do cheat,, but so do women,,,
 edered
Msg: 322
Posted: 7/21/2008 3:54:35 PM
Stray, verb - move away aimlessly from the right course or place.

I agree, there’s a level responsibility on the other side for the one being cheated on. I’ve experienced both sides of this mirror, and I feel commination was what was lost initially. I’m not sure under the same circumstances, it could or would have been any different, without suffering the lost respect, intimacy, and love. That is, I’m now on the other side, and can reflect and learn from past mistakes.
In my case, we were both guilty of letting life get in the way. I felt she didn’t love me anymore, and she didn’t have or take the time to understand. Without grandstanding here, I was a great partner and Husband. I just expected a little too much in return, and I strayed. She strayed because I strayed. She had an affair, I had an affair and it was over. What did I learn?
1. To not put such great expectation on being loved back. Sometimes, they are loving you all they can.
2. To not allow that vital pillow talk to slack wane. Keep communications open and fun.
3. And most importantly, keep LOVE alive..she’s the most important thing in your life, fight to keep her.

Stray, noun - Will be faithful if shown a new home. Is loyal, well bred, house broken, and just needs to be loved and petted. Me
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >