Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 There was this girl
Msg: 325
is there faithful or decent men out therePage 5 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Well, I could write a book on how many men out there are not faithful. I would never go looking for a married man, nothing good could ever come from it. However they sure seem to find me..........WTF? I guess I can appreciate their honestyl.......lol
 BlondePrincess04
Msg: 327
is there faithful or decent men out there
Posted: 10/1/2008 8:42:10 PM
Not all men cheat, that is such a stereotype
 phishkev
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2008 3:20:59 PM
I've never cheated-I usually find it's the other way around-who knows? All you can do is keep trying or give up and die alone-don't let failure from keeping you from the potential of true love!!
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2008 3:38:30 PM
Yes, there are decent men out there. I think I have never been cheated on, and would bet on all my previous boyfriends, except one. They are out there. I don't know why I only get that type, or how to screen for it exactly, but it's very important for me. I won't date anyone who admits to cheating on someone in the past, and I do talk about that really early on in dating. I am attracted to people with strong values and voice their opinions strongly on issues like this. I also tend to go for geeks so these are not guys that have had lots of women throwing themselves on them, so maybe that helps - once they start dating me seriously, they don't have the time and energy to get other women anyway. I tend to hold out for guy who are visibly smitten too, and not go for the ones that will date someone until someone better comes along, so look for those "he's really really into you" signs.
 Uncle Grumpy
Msg: 335
Posted: 10/2/2008 4:07:39 PM
Just another one to say that I never cheated. Not during 20 years of marriage nor during the three years of separation. Could have, just didn't.
 degostyle
Msg: 342
Posted: 10/4/2008 11:54:12 AM
This annoys me. I have been 100% faithful to any woman I have ever been with and I have almost always been cheated on. Its a 2 way street. Men arnt the only ones.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 343
Posted: 10/4/2008 1:14:11 PM

If you do the math on the cheating issue, it can not possible only be the men...the women has to be involved in take half the blame...sooooo...wouldnt that make it 50 /50?...impossible for it not to be? I believe that the women do it to but are less likely to brag about it to thoer girl friend like us guys....;)

Anyone who can do the math and prove that it isnt 50 / 50 for both parties...please i would love to hear from you. Please dont tell me it all us guys sleeping with each other...lol

I would have to disagree with the math,,even though what you suggest ,makes sense..

true life situation,, After my wife passed away,, "Not right after before everyone jumps on that" I met this woman,, we hit it off,, and I am now a widow,, She give me her cell phone number,, we go out for a few months,, I have never been to her house,, she say because of her children,,I have no issues with that.. so we hang out at my house on many occasions,,then one day,, I get this phone call,, it's a guy,, I didn't recognize the name,, I asked if I worked for him in the past,, he said no politely,, then said you know my wife, Oh really what her name,, he told me ,, I was speechless,, i said buddy ,, she told me she was single,, then I said i would gladly meet him for a drink and tell my side of the story,, it replied nicely,, no need to,, but I have to ask you one question,, did you have sex with her,, I said yes I did,, and I am so sorry I didn't know,, he then said,, not your problem she has done this before,,..... you may be wondering how did he find out,, I left this woman a message on her cell phone,,,

so no it's just not just men,, and no its not always two people knowing they are in a cheating situation..,, one may be a lier as well as a cheat.. so some women are unfaithful as well as some men,,
 rdcnorm
Msg: 348
Posted: 10/5/2008 7:34:59 AM

PS,redcorn,put a shirt on!
trrypier [quote/]

Me not have a shirt on has what affect directly on this forum or you,, I see no point or reason for your remark....
 Cynderella
Msg: 355
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:48:58 PM
God... Please send me a man who doesn't know how to lie or cheat...
I promise to keep him safe!
 rdcnorm
Msg: 357
Posted: 10/7/2008 1:53:02 PM

Actually Cool, the stats are 1 out of 3 men cheat on their spouses or girlfriends.
So finding one that doesn't is pretty slim. Oh don't get me wrong, there are men who don't.
But they are hard to find.

I can tell you one thing, my boys will learn to value women and relationships. They wont fall under that 1 in 3 men who cheat catagory.

I'm curious,, If 1 and 3 men cheat,, and your going to teach good values to your son,, are you saying 1 of 3 woman who have little boys are bad mothers,, and not teaching values to their boys,, if that is true ,, women should forgive us cheating men,, because we don't know any better,, as you might also be insulting the mothers of good men,,,

Not all men cheat,, and I don't believe it's 1 out of 3,, and if it were true,, women seem to find a willing play mate as well,, just a thought...
 Vannili
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 10:34:05 AM
. Your qoute-*had long lasting relationship but never found that could be truthfully faithful ? * Hmm, if a man loves you ,he'll never be unfaithful to you, because you are the only one in his eyes, and a woman has to work on that. Every man on all kinds of walks of life are decent in their inner core,treat them with dignity and they will be faithful to you. If you are looking for a decent or faithful man out there , there is none , until you are decent and faithful yourself then you can find that all men /persons are like you.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 370
Posted: 10/10/2008 11:41:48 AM

Yep. And I'm not sharing.

~OP~ You just have to be firm in your resolve to change your past behaviors. Sadly, we sometimes gravitate towards the same "type" over and over. It's a dual parted problem if you look at it realistically. Why is this happening to you? It isn't happening TO you, it's happened and you've been an active participant. Self-re-invent, figure out your role in the failed relationships and do it better the next time. I think George on Seinfeld had the greatest plan: do exactly the opposite of what you'd normally do. Simplistic, but actually rather astute. JMO
 diamonds_or_pearls
Msg: 371
Posted: 10/10/2008 4:40:40 PM
I have to disagree. In a previous marriage, I did everything for the guy. I mean everything! I even took his car and filled it up with gas because he was too busy. I worked while he went to school full time, with the understanding that when he got his doctorate, I would be able to continue school. I don't know what else I could have done for him, and he cheated. Come to find out, he had been a chronic cheater all his life.
My last husband was looking at dating profiles 6 months before we split, and we had been married almost 4 years---known him since high school, and never would have suspected his wandering eye if I hadn't seen it on the computer.

I have never known a man (family, friends, co-workers) that did not cheat. Maybe it was actually being involved with someone, or maybe it was just a "friendship" when they should have been spending time with the woman they were committed to......but they have all cheated in one way or another.
I'm still hoping that one man will be able to convince me that loyalty and faithfulness is important to them.
 momatoast649
Msg: 372
Posted: 10/11/2008 9:30:16 PM
of course there are faithful and decent men out there. There is also the fact that we make it real easy for them not to be. The same holds true for women. We all see what we want to see even if sometimes its just not there.
 ThatsNOTmybaby
Msg: 377
Posted: 12/1/2008 11:04:34 PM
No MA'AM! They are all TAKEN, GAY or BITTER!! All that's left is the "bad boys" and 'baby daddies" sooo many women love and lust for

Of course there are some decent men left I'm sure! I think they are holding out for the DECENT women (that's how it normally works)
 SteveO19792k9
Msg: 379
Posted: 1/3/2009 12:43:37 AM
Of course there are decent men out there. However, in order to deserve one or find one you have to be decent yourself.

AMEN.
 teezed
Msg: 380
Posted: 4/29/2009 8:58:19 AM
I have never cheated in a relationship. Ever. There is always temptation in life. But our ability to make the right choices in life is what separates us from animals. I someone wants to cheat, get out of the relationship you are in
 unique103570
Msg: 384
Posted: 4/30/2009 2:55:07 AM
to say all men are alike is a stereotype, which is wrong on many levels. as women fought hard in this country to get past stereotype youd figure they would be the first in line to see things the way they are. the bad in all groups get the press because people just dont like to talk about the good in other people. i am faithful (never cheated , even when it was offered up) and am a decent person so it gets pretty offensive when im accused of being a certain way and havent done anything wrong.
 deerflyguy
Msg: 387
Posted: 5/3/2009 8:47:35 AM
Yes, Red, there are some very good men out here!

I think that perhaps you have your eyes set primarily on looks, and then, after the initial attraction, getting to know the real person. Maybe it never gets past looks? Of course, I don't know this about you, but it makes sense to me.

The older a person gets (especially physically attractive women), nature is taking its toll on you. What you once used to attract a similar physically attractive man, can't keep up with him as easily as it once could have. Both of you have lived over half of your lives having this attraction to the opposite sex, but you're both alone, and trying, once again, to find that beautiful woman, or handsome man, using the same criteria you did when you were very much younger. It just doesn't work anymore!

If you'd only set your sights just a bit lower, you'd see a lot of guys who might cherish the ground you walk on. Just by allowing yourself to give the simplest attention to such a man, you'd probably find a man with the inner being that you are looking for. I don't think a handsome man, not already taken, can ever meet the criteria you are asking for. He doesn't have it in him.

Guys like the ones you are looking for, have been there all along! You just wouldn't give them the time of day!
 treselle
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2010 6:21:15 PM
I do not believe that men are faithful. Some can be for a period of time. I want to tell about a man who was known as a decent man and a faithful husband. He was very handsome, tall and fit. Got married when he was 20 to a girl he was in love for a few years prior to marriage. He worked as a tour guide and when all his male co-workers took every chance they could with female tourists, he never did. When he was 60, a beautiful 40 year old woman was visiting the town where he lived and wanted to live there. She knew no one there. Having met this tour guide she decided that she wanted him. She did not care that he was married. She set a goal and she got it. Within a short period of time she seduced him. The man divorced his wife and married this woman, someone he hardly knew.
 clockwork lime
Msg: 392
Posted: 9/17/2010 3:12:05 PM

Nope, sorry. I was the last one, and I'm no longer dating.

And for the sake of having a long enough message, I'll just add a few more characters.
 beccabird
Msg: 393
Posted: 9/17/2010 3:43:39 PM
It's not in a man's genetic structure to be faithful. They just don't have the intelligence or comprehension to understand what being faithful means. Asking a man to be faitful is like asking a dog not to bark. It ain't gonna happen. Not from what I have seen anyway.
 cenomeno
Msg: 395
Posted: 9/17/2010 8:13:20 PM
I've never cheated on anyone in my life. I leave, run, disappear but never cheat ....
Also, I'm not smart enough to handle two women at the same time......
 forums1
Msg: 396
Posted: 9/17/2010 11:20:47 PM

Also, I'm not smart enough to handle two women at the same time......

Yeah, one is enough of a handful.

Never cheated, and only one "one night stand" in my life - which was after the (now-ex) GF walked out the door cheating on me with a guy from work. Yeah, ok, her best friend who thought I was a great guy, and who's BF had just dumped her, decided to come on to me while we were both pretty drunk, and well one thing led to another... what can I say, we were both lonely and heartbroken at the time, and we both agreed the next morning it never should have happened (and we'd never tell her - the ex - of course). The killer there was, the ex "suspected" something... and comes up with "She steals *all* my boyfriends". Um, excuse me?!? YOU walked out the door cheating on me and ended it, how would she be "stealing your BF" even if it did happen?

My guess on the topic tho, is it needs to be broken up into two pieces:
1) "Are there faithful men out there" -- Sure there are.
2) "Are there decent men out there" -- Um, I'm sure there are, but that's a more relative thing, what you think it "decent" someone else might not, and of course you may not be at all attracted to some percentage of "decent" guys. Or they may not be attracted to you. Or, well, maybe you have the "bad boy" thing going on - in which case maybe *you* should take a serious look at what you find attractive in a man? Everyone is different.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 397
Posted: 9/18/2010 10:58:07 AM

Yes there are but what does it matter if no one will give them a chance? The answer is it doesn't matter in many cases. I keep hearing all this TALK about what so many women supposedly want. Yet their actions are often something resembling the opposite of their words.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >