Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Does plenty of fish really work for you compared to other dating sites?Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
CBG, I don't want to be crude with this beautiful developing relationship, but to play it safe, put on your best skivvies☺ Maybe get new ones. I'm glad things are going great! There is something to be said for taking your time and building excitement and enjoying anticipation. Have you two decided on a movie?

It sure is nice to see someone from here dating and enjoying themselves❤
 CBGB77
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Does plenty of fish really work for you compared to other dating sites?
Posted: 4/12/2018 7:47:10 AM

Posted By: julystorm7 on 4/11/2018 310 PM
Subject: Does plenty of fish really work for you compared to other dating sites?
Message: Aw CBGB77, I'm happy for you. That's such a great stage of dating to be in. Good luck with it.

Posted By: Newyorker58 on 4/11/2018 818 PM
Subject: Does plenty of fish really work for you compared to other dating sites?
Message: CBG, I don't want to be crude with this beautiful developing relationship, but to play it safe, put on your best skivvies☺ Maybe get new ones. I'm glad things are going great! There is something to be said for taking your time and building excitement and enjoying anticipation. Have you two decided on a movie?

Thanks so much! We haven't decided on a movie yet. She said I could bring one or watch watch one of her DVDs. Any suggestions? She doesn't like horror movies.Films we watched together at theater were:The Post,Wonder and Ready Player One.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2018 4:55:00 PM
"The Imitation Game" was excellent, drama, biography, Benedict Cumberbatch: http://www.imdb.com/title/ttc08497

"Captain Phillips", drama, Tom Hanks: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535109/?ref_=nv_sr_1

"Identity Thief", comedy, Jason Bateman, Melissa McCarthy, : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2024432/?ref_=nv_sr_1

"Bad Words", comedy, Jason Bateman: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2170299/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_16

You may not want to watch something you'd love to see, because at this stage, you may end up doing a bit of chatting and canoodling during the movie. Could be why she's mentioning watching one of her dvds she's seen already.

A nice touch would be to bring a bag of popcorn or a container of ice cream or if you know her (& your) preferred movie candy or any combination there of.
 CBGB77
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2018 5:43:30 PM

Posted By: Newyorker58 on 4/12/2018 600 PM
Message: "The Imitation Game" was excellent, drama, biography, Benedict Cumberbatch: http://www.imdb.com/title/ttc08497

"Captain Phillips", drama, Tom Hanks: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535109/?ref_=nv_sr_1

"Identity Thief", comedy, Jason Bateman, Melissa McCarthy, : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2024432/?ref_=nv_sr_1

"Bad Words", comedy, Jason Bateman: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2170299/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_16

You may not want to watch something you'd love to see, because at this stage, you may end up doing a bit of chatting and canoodling during the movie. Could be why she's mentioning watching one of her dvds she's seen already.

A nice touch would be to bring a bag of popcorn or a container of ice cream or if you know her (& your) preferred movie candy or any combination there of.

Thanks for all the suggestions NY58! I will look for those movies at the library near my house tomorrow. Good idea about popcorn,we always share a tub at the theater and I have some bags at home. Only things I have to worry about now are:
1)Tomorrow is Friday The 13th and 2) there is a "Winter Storm Warning" for Minneapolis which begins at 10pm tomorrow night. 8-12 inches of Ice and Snow are expected. I wouldn't mind getting snowed in but I have to get back to feed the cats.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2018 6:43:39 PM
I chose movies that don't contain topics to argue over, and with little sexuality. You can go online for your library and see what they have, and put whatever on hold, just like with books. But also like with books, some are at other libraries and have to be ordered in advance to be transported. The most current movies can be a 3 month wait. If things don't pan out with the library, there's always Redbox or it sounds like she has a lot of choices at her home.

The 13th is my lucky number, and it may end up being yours too!☺

Personally, I don't think I'd want to get snowed in, because the next day may be too hazardous for driving. If you don't mind driving in it, you can leave out extra food and water. It would work unless you have cats that would eat it all at one time. Mention the weather, and thinking to start the night early, like 7pm or so, giving you 5 hrs to hang out. Snow shouldn't be too bad until after midnight. If you do leave before it gets too nasty, it's okay to leave her wanting more☺
Posted: 4/16/2018 9:03:49 AM
I was on Match for awhile and found a lot of the same people here are also on there. I'm also on Tinder. I see a few from POF on there.

Some weeks I get 3-5 messages from women that are interested in me. And then there are the weeks that I get none. When it comes to replies to first messages I send. Sometimes I will get a few each day and other times I wonder if I'm invisible.

As was mentioned before, there are a lot more men on these sites than woman. I woman can have one picture in her profile and no info. She'll still get messages. A guy can have a bunch of good pics and well written profile and get nothing.
 CBGB77
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2018 9:37:00 AM

Posted By: Newyorker58 on 4/12/2018 839 PM
Message: I chose movies that don't contain topics to argue over, and with little sexuality. You can go online for your library and see what they have, and put whatever on hold, just like with books. But also like with books, some are at other libraries and have to be ordered in advance to be transported. The most current movies can be a 3 month wait. If things don't pan out with the library, there's always Redbox or it sounds like she has a lot of choices at her home.

The 13th is my lucky number, and it may end up being yours too!☺

Personally, I don't think I'd want to get snowed in, because the next day may be too hazardous for driving. If you don't mind driving in it, you can leave out extra food and water. It would work unless you have cats that would eat it all at one time. Mention the weather, and thinking to start the night early, like 7pm or so, giving you 5 hrs to hang out. Snow shouldn't be too bad until after midnight. If you do leave before it gets too nasty, it's okay to leave her wanting more☺

Thanks!Actually the weather was terrible when I left. That Friday night it snowed 4" and then Saturday it snowed 15" more and then last night it added another 6". It broke the record for the most snow in April since they satared keeping records in the 1850s.

We ended up watching one of her movies "Inherit The Wind". Next week we are going to watch either Boyhood,Inside Llewyn Davis or A Ghost Story.
 Cryptofabulous
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2018 10:46:17 AM

As was mentioned before, there are a lot more men on these sites than woman. I woman can have one picture in her profile and no info. She'll still get messages. A guy can have a bunch of good pics and well written profile and get nothing.

Agreed. Also, like other dating sites POF never purges dormant old profiles.
When you do a Search, anyone after the 3rd page or so hasn't been online in a year or more.

There's no point sending them a message and expect a reply, but you don't know that.
You will only see when they were on last as an upgraded member though...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2018 10:51:15 PM
CBGB, I'm glad to see you survived the weather! It's nice that your relationship became more comfortable where you can hangout and watch a movie🎬

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can still post to this thread
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >