Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 360
Wanking off costs less than datingPage 15 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
"You're dead wrong on this one. No matter what answer you get Mustang, you always come back with "this works if you're good looking." It's a default copout.....(but something) is almost important as looks. Yes- probably easier for good looking men, I concur."

>>>and that's why we actually agree. People keep trying to insist looks are low on the list of importance, but then they don't want to look too crazy and admit, that, well duh, we aren't sleeping with our friends b/c we love their personality but not their looks :) Some people do make physical looks more important than they are, and some make them less. I have dated women out of my league, but it sure wasn't for long--I was their get-over guy, and the question is, does that count as success or failure? If I was looking for sex, it may be a success (I didn't always get laid, of course. But I knew these ladies had no problem with the guy they were hot for, even broke their own rule about condoms once or more), if I was looking for a relationship, it may be a failure.

I took a female friend to lunch yesterday, she's been physically attractive all her life, been with over 40 men, and now she's alone at 61 and we talked about some of her relationships. She dated some guys who were decent human beings, had it together financially, but she just didn't lust for their bodies. so the relationships ended once she realized she just wasn't interested in having sex with them. and that included her husband, a great provider for his now 4 kids (Two with her, two with the next wife). But the guys my friend lusted after? they were a disaster for a relationship, but she overlooked it all b/c she just HAAAAAAD IT for them.

And it reminded me of a coworker I used to work with, a recovering drug addict, poor work attitude, single mom...but she was hot looking. And plenty of dudes paid off her bills, trying to save her from her life. Why? they overlooked all her baggage for the simple reason....she flat out turned them on. We can think its crude to lust after someone, but relationships work when you feel passion. And passion is lust. When we want something, we pay what we have to. When we don't lust after someone, they're a friend we're having sex with. until we realize they love us and we don't love them as much, or we turn them down for sex more and more often, or we flat out have the conversation where we just want more. We want to feel energized. we want to feel passionate about our partner. You asked why leave the house, and the answer is, we get into relationships that fizzle out b/c the lust just ain't there. We're screwing a roommate. Women can screw an entertaining man, but if they've experienced a "soul mate" they lusted after, then they simply know...the sex is different. They never feel the sex is a duty. They don't "have a headache".

and I know, a lot of people don't want to admit this. Some people focus on what and how things happen, but don't ask why. Others have gotten older, and don't feel the sexual desire like they used to, so they feel they focus on a person's personality, etc. Then they spot some hot young thing, and they prove the old saying, "no fool like an old fool". Suddenly there's a fire in the furnace again. They feel younger, more alive. We spot this in the office when male coworkers hover over the new receptionist, or we see it here in questions about what age is appropriate. we don't run into this every day, but when the stars align and the opportunity is ripe, we see it happen--if we want to see what's really going on. And its not just humans, of course, we can see a car or something in a store and we lust for it--or maybe more accurately, we lust for how alive it will make us feel. the impractical ones are probably sitting in our attic now :)

There are physically attractive men who shoot themselves in the foot--but they still got the chance at dating to do so. For every stud like this, there's probably a handful who aren't duds b/c life wasn't bad growing up and getting female attention, or they are duds or jerks or controlling and yet plenty of women out there put up with it so they don't need to change. There are average guys, too, who can find a woman in their league and make it work, find a woman looking for personality and don't care about looks, and usually, these guys find a woman out of their league sick of the players, but it doesn't always last for too long. i'd like to think as I get older, my peers will worry less about my looks, but I do find the women who go to the gym post they are looking for....a guy who puts in the same effort. And I don't blame 'em.

If they want a guy who has a great personality, they'll have no problem whatsoever attracting male friends who will take them out to dinner and events, hoping more will happen. I have yet to meet an attractive female with an outgoing personality...who didn't have a ton of male friends who engaged her at events or hung out with her and her husband. Fun people attract fun people, and they don't have to have sex with each one in order to feel platonic intimacy. speaking stereotypically, there may be slightly more women who can be friends with men and have their platonic intimacy needs met, then there are men who are looking to socialize, not imagine sleeping with their female friend, and not be happy alone in their man cave.
 reverendswine
Msg: 361
Wanking off costs less than dating
Posted: 7/16/2018 8:35:26 AM

I hate a great father and I still struggle with approaching and talking to women.

Right. Having a good father around doesn't mean anything. Who the hell has seen their father approach women if he's always been with mom?

I never knew my father and was raised by mostly women the first 14 years of my life. Their advice did absolutely nothing for me. Their wholesome milk and cookies advice of "just be a nice little boy, then the RIGHT nice little girl will come along'' was utter horseshit. They taught me *nothing* about not being a doormat or there being more to it than just being "nice".

the only interest I've had from women is a few of them asking me to do free guitar lessons for them.

Haha. Again, perhaps there could be a Canada versus USA difference here, but in my experience with this, anytime a woman has ever brought up music lessons to me it meant she was interested in something more. Where and how did you meet these particular women?

I don't believe all women are like that, but maybe you're right in the sense that I need to learn how to pick better quality women.

No matter who one is or how "wonderful" the person they chose seems to be, no one is impervious to it all changing at the drop of a dime for reasons that don't even have to be justified. Anyone who ever thinks to themselves "my sweetie pie would never do anything to hurt me" is a complete fool. It can and does happen, so it isn't necessarily a matter of you lacking any picking skills.

Look at every man who's been ass raped in divorce courts. How many of them would have ever thought their darling honey bunch sugar plum would mercilessly destroy them? Not one, otherwise, they would have never married her in the first place.
 reverendswine
Msg: 362
Posted: 7/16/2018 8:36:16 AM

People keep trying to insist looks are low on the list of importance

I hope this isn't an insinuation I am one of them. I have made it more than abundantly clear they do matter. But I've also made it very clear they better have a strong supporting cast.

Be a bit irreverent. And don't agree with them on everything. Disagreements are always more fun, in a bar or club scene, and women like men who aren't just bobble head dolls.

Exactly. I foam at the mouth in anticipation of a disagreement because that's when all of the walking on eggshells and niceties go right out the window, and I get to see the real woman behind it all.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 363
Posted: 7/16/2018 10:53:13 AM
"I hope this isn't an insinuation I am one of those people"

>>>naw, good news is I don't always mean you :) Seriously, I give you respect for that. I know there are exceptions to the rule, where looks don't matter, but they are exceptions and its folly to focus on them and ignore the other 80% of what's going on. Looks are the proverbial foot in the door, esp. when dealing with strangers. what else does a stranger know about us, than what we look like? They may see our body language and decide we have some confidence, but of course both men and women overlook a few red flags to pursue whatever it is that turns them on. At least, they ignore it for a while. We have a post someplace else about dating someone who is still friends with their ex. From my experience, we can be friends with an ex b/c we "love them but fell out of love with them". We can respect who they are as a person, but realize the sex lost its heat b/c we weren't passionate about wanting to be in bed with them. Its not that we don't like the person, we just stopped overlooking the small things. I've listened to women ask, "he's such a good person, why can't I just love him?" and my answer is, "no passion, no lust, no desire".

Disagreeing can tell us something about a person, like do they argue fairly or delve into ad hominem, straw man, etc. But I had one female friend take me out of the friend zone into the bed room, and to be a lover, one really exposes themselves, more than they do to friends (for hopefully obvious reasons). At the risk of sounding self-serving, becoming a lover is also a way to deeply get to know someone. Unless you're a selfish lover who doesn't listen :)
 Coma_White
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2018 11:06:40 AM

Coma, that's the nature of many people in general, to run when the going gets tough. This is why marriage counts. A commitment on paper means more. If you don't want to commit to a woman that way, why should she necessarily stay during hard times? I'm not saying you should get married, but for people that take marriage seriously, it's an indicator someone is signing up to stay thru thick and thin, sickness and in health.

I had no issue with getting engaged or marrying the people I had long term relationships with. My most recent ex told me she didn't want to get married again because she was married twice already. I was fully committed to her, but she still went the way of the dinosaurs.

Haha. Again, perhaps there could be a Canada versus USA difference here, but in my experience with this, anytime a woman has ever brought up music lessons to me it meant she was interested in something more. Where and how did you meet these particular women?

I met her at a birthday party. She said she wanted to learn guitar and when she called me she said she has no money and wants me to volunteer my time. You're right, she could be interested in me, or she could just be looking for a sucker to do things for free. Either way, if I was interested in someone, I would give them something for their time and then ask them out on a date. Asking for free stuff is kind of a weird way to start a relationship.

No matter who one is or how "wonderful" the person they chose seems to be, no one is impervious to it all changing at the drop of a dime for reasons that don't even have to be justified. Anyone who ever thinks to themselves "my sweetie pie would never do anything to hurt me" is a complete fool. It can and does happen, so it isn't necessarily a matter of you lacking any picking skills.

Look at every man who's been ass raped in divorce courts. How many of them would have ever thought their darling honey bunch sugar plum would mercilessly destroy them? Not one, otherwise, they would have never married her in the first place.

Absolutely. It's actually quite scary how people can go from Dr. Jekyl to Mr. Hyde at the drop of a hat. I think stress plays a big part in it, and that's why it seems to happen to single mothers more than childless women. I suppose there are "red flags" that can be spotted before such a turnaround takes place, but they can be hard to notice sometimes, especially when you have feelings for someone.
 julystorm22
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2018 12:43:15 PM
I think it's also due to lawyers. This can happen from both sides. A separation starts off amicable but then a lawyer convinces one party they deserve more and bam, its off to tge races with the nastiness.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2018 1:13:59 PM

If you’re 38 years old, and have never had “a good experience with a woman”, then you need the kind of help that no one here on an internet forum can provide.

I agree that that's the source of the problem underneath it all, holding him back. And it is a big issue that he should realize and not downplay it due to his "habit" of living in relation to the dating world. Like any habit, like smoking or eating too much/no-exercise that has a strong hold on someone, yes, forums aren't going to solve their problem. But it's a good source to help splash water on your face to realize that you have to do something Against Your "Gut" -- against your comfortability zone, and info on where to go with it IRL, to get the ball rolling.

Problem is, most people in life 'habits' -- don't change. They don't want to change or begin a process to Become Different (which doesn't happen overnight; patience is key).

It's actually pretty common [never having a good experience with a woman]. I didn't really realize it until I talked to other guys online and it seems a lot of women left their boyfriends in the dust because they were looking to upgrade.

Well, when we're single and complain about chicks -- we'll get that impression, when that's not quite the case. You were in an LTR -- and you DID have a good experience though -- for at least 2 of those 4 years with her, before she disappeared if you never fought, right? I say 2 instead of 3 or 3.5, because not fighting doesn't mean a Good experience. But certainly from year 1-2 it could for the most part be classified as good if you never fought even 2 years after that.

One of my old friend's life was Totally Changed/Damaged due to an LTR. Moved to Colorado with her, and ironically what hurt the most was that it Was a Great Relationship for some time. Ring shopping was being had... then Poof, gone. See ya. Damaged him after that. Depressed, life changing -- no reason, no explanation. No "we were fighting, grew apart", which hurts -- but not as bad as that. I don't think you're shell-shocked as he is, but it's a side note to realize that yes, that's the exception, not the common situation at all. Usually had in first 3-6 months, not after 3-4 years when lives are meshed.

I don't believe all women are like that, but maybe you're right in the sense that I need to learn how to pick better quality women. I've just never had a loyal woman that wanted to stick around when things got challenging.

You need to change how You are + pick women more fitting *IF* you're going down LTR alley. You don't have to be picky on personas if you're just playing the field. Which should be a step to immerse yourself in before thinking about finding a GF. It's just that when you are clicking with a gal -- and she is moving the ball forward toward more-serious, you decide whether to do that or not -- NOT based on the in-the-now, but assessing her altogether. Listening "to yer gut" can easily backfire. Best to objectively put it to the test. Accept Change -- true Change. Over time.

Step 1: Don't aim to pick up girls. Focus on socialization, as if you do have a GF. Read up on books on socialization, dating, etc. Immerse yourself in it. Do this for a long time. You talk with Guys, girls, whomever. Strangers, too. Again, you're not picking anyone up or even want to.

Step 2: Focus more on talking with girls. You're not trying to pick them up. You're conversing, flirting now -- but like your have a GF -- no, I'm not crossing that line to get a #. You're not hoping to get a girl either. You're just having fun.

Step 3: You're comfortable talking to people out there and Naturally make convo out of things. Flirting is fun, smooth, etc. Now you ask for #s. You now have game-plans set up to take a gal out for a drink. This isn't difficult at this point, because you have steps 1 & 2 down pat Over Time, and enjoyed doing just that. THAT is key.
 Coma_White
Msg: 367
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2018 2:06:36 PM

Well, when we're single and complain about chicks -- we'll get that impression, when that's not quite the case. You were in an LTR -- and you DID have a good experience though -- for at least 2 of those 4 years with her, before she disappeared if you never fought, right? I say 2 instead of 3 or 3.5, because not fighting doesn't mean a Good experience. But certainly from year 1-2 it could for the most part be classified as good if you never fought even 2 years after that.

One of my old friend's life was Totally Changed/Damaged due to an LTR. Moved to Colorado with her, and ironically what hurt the most was that it Was a Great Relationship for some time. Ring shopping was being had... then Poof, gone. See ya. Damaged him after that. Depressed, life changing -- no reason, no explanation. No "we were fighting, grew apart", which hurts -- but not as bad as that. I don't think you're shell-shocked as he is, but it's a side note to realize that yes, that's the exception, not the common situation at all. Usually had in first 3-6 months, not after 3-4 years when lives are meshed.

It was actually great until she ghosted me. The whole four years were a good experience. The only "fight" we had was that she only invited me to spend the night at her place when her son was having sleep overs and they would yell and make loud noises until 8 am and I couldn't sleep. They had no rules or respect for anyone else, but she looked at it as me not liking kids. The biggest problem was probably lack of communication. She never told me exactly what she wanted or how she felt. It still hits you hard, like your budy from Colorado.

You need to change how You are + pick women more fitting *IF* you're going down LTR alley. You don't have to be picky on personas if you're just playing the field. Which should be a step to immerse yourself in before thinking about finding a GF. It's just that when you are clicking with a gal -- and she is moving the ball forward toward more-serious, you decide whether to do that or not -- NOT based on the in-the-now, but assessing her altogether. Listening "to yer gut" can easily backfire. Best to objectively put it to the test. Accept Change -- true Change. Over time.

Step 1: Don't aim to pick up girls. Focus on socialization, as if you do have a GF. Read up on books on socialization, dating, etc. Immerse yourself in it. Do this for a long time. You talk with Guys, girls, whomever. Strangers, too. Again, you're not picking anyone up or even want to.

Step 2: Focus more on talking with girls. You're not trying to pick them up. You're conversing, flirting now -- but like your have a GF -- no, I'm not crossing that line to get a #. You're not hoping to get a girl either. You're just having fun.

Step 3: You're comfortable talking to people out there and Naturally make convo out of things. Flirting is fun, smooth, etc. Now you ask for #s. You now have game-plans set up to take a gal out for a drink. This isn't difficult at this point, because you have steps 1 & 2 down pat Over Time, and enjoyed doing just that. THAT is key.

I would prefer a long term relationship. It seems that in my age category, there are many women that urgently want kids because they feel the clock is ticking and I'm not into that. Or they are far on the "comfortable" side of things. I like staying in shape and going to the gym and most have no interest in that. The last two dates I had were with women that don't own any make up and wear their hair in a bun 99% of the time.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 368
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2018 3:06:11 PM

You're dead wrong on this one. No matter what answer you get Mustang, you always come back with "this works if you're good looking." It's a default copout.

It's not really a copout.

It's true enough a lot of time.

Many years ago, I was conversing with a young woman, and she told me the circumstances of meeting her boyfriend.
She said he came up behind her at a nightclub, grabbed her butt, and just said "Let's dance".

Now, do you think EVERY guy could have gotten away with that?

She further stated that she let him get away with it because, in her words, "I couldn't believe a guy that good-looking would be interested in me".
 NewYorker58
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2018 4:59:40 PM
^^^^I don't care what a guy looks like. You do that to me, you're getting a slap in the face✋ I've told men off for grabbing my arm. I would never just grab or touch a man.
 Tech30
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 7:18:15 AM
^^^^I don't care what a guy looks like. You do that to me, you're getting a slap in the face✋ I've told men off for grabbing my arm. I would never just grab or touch a man.

You would slap a guy but the fact is lots of women wouldnt mind that behaviour if they find the guy attractive.
Some men go for it, others are afraid to get slapped.

Women do it to men a lot too just so you know.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 7:49:48 AM
When I was younger, a guy thought it was funny to snap my bra in the back. What do you think I did? ✋ I don't care what a guy looks like, it doesn't give him license to disrespect me. I don't act like a drunken lush, touching men when I'm out and about. I don't get drunk and I don't disrespect men.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 372
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 8:33:45 AM
Back when I was single if a guy groped my butt I'd probably allow it if he was good looking but it would just be a dance and chat and if he seemed disrespectful in other ways I'd leave.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 8:58:23 AM
^so if he looks good u wud become his play thing? what if he slapped ur ass? what if he had a wife or girlfriend?" He cud be a good looking serial killer, but u wud not know,!! good looks don't mean a good person"
 NewYorker58
Msg: 374
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 9:03:12 AM
If a guy gropes your butt, that means he has zero respect for you. I wouldn't be rewarding him with a dance. That's assault.
 Tech30
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 9:41:20 AM
"If a guy gropes your butt, that means he has zero respect for you. I wouldn't be rewarding him with a dance. That's assault."

Some men and women call it flirting. Its not just men who do it. Women grab butts all the time if not the package.

YOU might call it assault, other people might like it .
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 376
Posted: 7/17/2018 10:01:42 AM
My man is an a$$man, he loves my a$$ & likes me to walk ahead of him so he can watch it, but I do not like random men grabbing my a$$.

I have had a life time of my a$$ getting grabbed, it started when I was 14 yrs. old on Queens Blvd. NY when a friend & I were going shopping to Alexanders. It was a huge intersection a crowd of ppl saw it & many laughed. A guy drove up in a convertable real close, stuck his arm out & smack!

It is one thing if a woman consents to pose in Big Butt Mag (remember Mendi Teats?) & her a$$ is famous, but if ur a$$ is anonymous, men should not be randomly grabbing, commenting, touching or even kissing it.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 377
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 10:15:40 AM
^so ur a bit kinky then lol, I can appreciate a woman with a nice firm ass, but if her attitude was a bad one, then it wud not be worth my effort, looks without character means nothing to me, a great body with an empty mind means nothing to me, a woman's attitude means a lot n I wud not want the local bike either lol"
 Tech30
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 10:30:34 AM
" have had a life time of my a$$ getting grabbed, it started when I was 14 yrs. old on Queens Blvd. NY when a friend & I were going shopping to Alexanders. It was a huge intersection a crowd of ppl saw it & many laughed. A guy drove up in a convertable real close, stuck his arm out & smack!"

In public i agree, though places like clubs are a little different. And again, women tend to do the same things men to but no one call them out .

Men get touched a lot too. I have had women come to touch my arms , grab my butt make comments and so on. When I was single it didnt bother me.

When i was in my mid 20s older women used to touch me and make sexual innuendos all the time. I never felt abused though.

I think there is a huge double standard when it comes to sexual assault. Women can do it, but men cant. If you dont think thats true, just look at how those female reporters were rubbing oil all over that male Olympic flag carrier. If it was two men oiling up a woman on tv there would have been cries of sexual assault and they would have been fired.

There are too many examples of women getting away with things that men would get punished for.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 10:34:35 AM
^I wud agree n this metoo mob is only going to make things, much, much worse for men, yes deal with the offenders in Hollywood, but don't point the finger at innocent men n destroy innocent men" I have seen a lot of women have claimed false rape charges against men, without any evidence, but still the men have been locked up, on just a woman's word, that's not how the law should work n the women who made false accusations were not punished in any way, so it's a hate mob against men n the courts are in on it too" The chances are the radical feminists SJWs are running the meetoo mob n they despise all men"
 NewYorker58
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 10:50:27 AM
Tech. Holy fvck, you think where a person is determines if it's okay to grab their ass? You would be wrong. Is it okay for me to punch them in the face after that?

Assault is the same, whether it's a man or a woman doing it.
 whiterose0
Msg: 381
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 11:04:04 AM

I think there is a huge double standard when it comes to sexual assault. Women can do it, but men cant.

I tend to agree that there's a double standard with regard to touching. For example, a man has long hair, and some woman walks by and gives his ponytail a tug; he thinks she's flirting with him. If a man walks by and tugs at a woman's hair, she would probably consider it to be assault.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 11:05:18 AM

Tech. Holy fvck, you think where a person is determines if it's okay to grab their ass?

I don't think it determines it's OK if you don't know the person no matter where you're at. But if you wanted to get technical, doing it in different places to different types of people will bring greater disdain. If I lost a bet, and I Had to grab a girl's ass -- yeah, I'd do it a booty-shaking club on the dance floor, rather than walking down the aisles in church when seated. :)

Assault is the same, whether it's a man or a woman doing it.

I this his fair point is that it's not treated the same. And to be fair, it kind of shouldn't be, if generalizing across the board (although it can). How men are impacted by it is different. We may mind it, but it'll be quite mild when we do, generally speaking. Many times we'll mildly appreciate it, even if it's a gal who isn't that great looking -- and most single men Will Like it if it's a gal they see is very attractive. Part of the reason is: We're the "hunters" in the dating field, and have to face getting shot down much of the time as "our duty". Thus, it cumming the opposite way can be refreshing.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 383
Posted: 7/17/2018 11:25:38 AM
I was 14 years old, a minor child walking on a public street w/ my best friend during daytime in 1973- we just got of a bus to go to the mall.

If anyone thinks it is OK for a 14 year old child (or younger or older) to be accosted, they r nuts.

At least it was in brroad daylight.

And ppl laughed, maybe they thought we were 18- but we were not dressed provocatively. It was the summer, we both had on Wrangler jeans, flip flops & halter tops- little to no makeup.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 384
Posted: 7/17/2018 2:00:07 PM
"I don't care what a guy looks like. You do that to me, you're getting a slap in the face? I've told men off for grabbing my arm. I would never just grab or touch a man."
"a guy thought it was funny to snap my bra--what do you think I did? I don't care what a guy looks like, it doesn't give him license to disrespect me"
"If a guy gropes your butt, that means he has zero respect for you. I wouldn't be rewarding him with a dance. That's assault."
" you think where a person is determines if it's okay to grab their ass? You would be wrong. Is it okay for me to punch them in the face after that? Assault is the same, whether it's a man or a woman doing it."

>>>so when a presidential candidate brags he can grab women by the pussy b/c he's a celebrity and they allow it, when he is accused by other women....would you vote for him? Would you support him after the election? and why?

what is the difference between Chump's victims and you? I assume there is a difference, and i'd like to hear what it is. Otherwise, isn't all abuse, abuse? or are there different types of abuse on women? Does it depend if the woman is a porn star? Or if the perpetrator is a politician, is that ok? or is it ok if he's a Republican, but not a Democrat like Clinton?

where does the line exist?

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >