Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 60
view profile
History
On dating a cheapskate.Page 3 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
^^^^Taking a woman on dates is not bribing them and by presenting flowers. When I see men buying flowers, I think how sweet, lucky lady. I know you're one of those that strives to do as little as possible for a woman, which doesn't serve men well, so that's bad advice from you, but this guy is long gone anyway.

To answer his question, probably yes, his cheapness with himself would make a woman uncomfortable, like a cheap guy I went out with. If you're ordering burgers, and not only does he scour the menu for the cheapest item, then asks for everything on it, not understanding they don't come loaded, because he never eats out, then balks at spending the extra dollar for cheese that he wants, yeah, his date is going to feel uncomfortable.

I don't believe this man is generous with dates. He probably got called out on his cheapness, and wants to know if he presents flowers, can he appear like he isn't cheap. Answer is no!
 reverendswine
Msg: 61
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/19/2018 3:55:08 AM

They get dinners, they get flowers, chocolates, the works. The restaurants we pick are reasonable - not fancy high-end, not low-end. I pay for both of us.

"The works"....haha. This is so fücking pathetic. When you don't even know if the women actually deserve this shit yet, yes, it's bribery. Guys like this probably call their mothers for dating advice.

One of these days guys like this will finally realize how stupid it is when their disastrous track record speaks for itself, but by that time, they might be too old.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 62
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/19/2018 7:47:12 AM
if you wish to spend money on a lady...spend it on things you can share together. Like an experience, not candy and flowers. "Things" are a bribe. "Experience" is sharing, and that's what a proper relationship is about--what did we do together, what did we learn together, what did we learn about the other person. The only thing flowers tell you about the other person is do they have allergies.
 julystorm22
Msg: 63
view profile
History
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/19/2018 10:44:05 AM
I have no problem with cheapskates because I'm one myself. I have learned through many years how to live with and stretch a budget and I have trouble (mentally) spending too much money on certain things. And I am uncomfortable with men who spend a lot of money on me.
 Coma_White
Msg: 64
view profile
History
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/19/2018 11:24:55 AM

Taking a woman on dates is not bribing them and by presenting flowers. When I see men buying flowers, I think how sweet, lucky lady. I know you're one of those that strives to do as little as possible for a woman, which doesn't serve men well, so that's bad advice from you, but this guy is long gone anyway.

No, it's actually good advice from me. Wining and dining these women and buying them flowers and chocolates isn't working for this guy and doesn't work in general. Why would you tell him to keep using a formula that doesn't work? Most guys that come on strong and try to win a woman's heart with gifts usually end up in the friend zone. That might be a nice gesture if you've been with someone for a year or two, but we're talking about actually creating attraction. You're completely wrong that I strive to do as little as possible for women. Making them feel attraction for you and being a good lover is more important than buying their love. In general, men that do the flowers and chocolates on a first date end up in the friend zone and come across as a sucker. The bottom line is, he can keep doing what doesn't work or do what works.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 65
know money, know women; no money, no women
Posted: 6/19/2018 11:36:53 AM

I am uncomfortable with men who spend a lot of money on me.

GIRLFRIEND WE NEED TO WORK ON THAT ;0D
 NewYorker58
Msg: 66
view profile
History
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/19/2018 3:08:52 PM
Coma, I think he's doing that to prove he's not cheap, but he's gone, so there's no questioning him.

I can understand waiting to spend more if as person wants to spend more, but what's more? I don't consider a few dollars on flowers "more". I don't think doing it that way is anyone's downfall, it's their personality or not finding the other person to compatible that messes up a relationship, and not about doing kind gestures.

If I'm cooking for a guy and waiting on him, for me, its part of the relationship. I'm not going to make him wait a year. If the relationship doesn't work out, no big deal. I enjoyed those times for what they were at that time. No regrets, don't feel taken advantage of.
 reverendswine
Msg: 67
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/19/2018 5:16:08 PM
At times, it's really hard for me to muster up any sympathy for these idiot men. No matter how much rock solid evidence you present them with to show how self-sabotaging their methods are, they just don't want to admit they're wrong.

My former best friend was the world's worst at this. He always oversold the "I'm not like all the other jerks, just let me show you" schtick to women and bent over backward to live up to the role. Little did he realize bad mouthing other men who do well makes him look like an envious and inferior schmuck, which really isn't particularly sexy, is it??

He would always fill me in on how the first dates went, what they did, and always seemed excited the day after because he thought things went well. He went over 5 years without getting a second date (no kidding) and rather than change his ways, he stopped dating altogether
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 68
view profile
History
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/20/2018 9:21:31 AM

GIRLFRIEND WE NEED TO WORK ON THAT ;0D

Now that made me laugh :)
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 69
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/20/2018 1:40:46 PM
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Leykis%20101

Leykis 101
Rules of the Classroom:

1) Never date single mothers. Dating equals porking.
-Too much of a risk. She already made one mistake and some guy is paying out his ***hole for the next 18 years of his life. Probably paying vaginamony, also known as alimony and/or child support. Also the kid will always remain #1 in the relationship. You will always take the backseat. Although single mothers may seem to be "easy," you don't want to deal with this baggage if all you want to do is bang. There are plenty of chicks out there without children... including in Seattle believe it or not.

2) Never spend more than $40 on a date. If possible, let her pay for everything.
-There is no reason you should feel obligated to pay for anything. However, there is nothing wrong with splitting things 50/50. If you can get away without paying a dime...great. More tail for less money bottom line.

3) If she doesn't bang you by the third date, Dump That **** (DTB)
-Chances are she has no intention of EVER screwing you. Why should you invest your time when all she just wants to do is string you along. You would be wasting time and money so move on. If she really wants to bang you, she will come to you after the third date ends.

4) No spooning, cuddling, hugging, or staying over.
-Get in and get out. (No pun intended). If all you wanna do is bang, this can send them the wrong message that you want more.

5) Never get involved with a co-worker unless you dont mind losing your job over it.
-In today's world, a man can be burned with sexual harassment very easily. Limit your conversations with female co-workers to the following:
A) Hello
B) How are you (that's optional)
C) Goodbye

6) Women like men who are ***holes.
-If a woman sees that you are a ****, she will walk all over you. If they think that you are a busy guy and hard to get a hold of, the more they will want in your pants.

7) The "Looks/Self-Esteem Ratio"
The number at the top of the ratio is a 1-10 rating on her looks...you want this to be as high as possible. The number at the bottom of the ratio her self-esteem...you want this to be as low as possible. (i.e. a 9/4 is a nice catch. 5/10 ratio would translate to TMW or Too Much Work) Also if the self-esteem digit is too low, it could lead to problems such as a "lick-it-around-the-edge" type of chick.

8) Never buy a chick flowers, candies, teddy bears, etc.
-It is a waste of money. Buying a chick gifts with the intent on getting in her panties is usually a waste. There is no guarantee you'll get some just because you bought her gifts. Doing so would break rule #2 easily. A woman decides within the first 5 minutes of meeting you whether or not she wants to have sex with you and no amount of limo rides, expensive gifts, or fine dining is going to change her mind.

9) Men and women can't be friends.
-For a woman, a guy friend is just a guy waiting for a chance to get in her pants. They are thinking about it all the time. These are usually the same guys who will wait for any sort of breakdown between you and the chick. Then they will swoop in. If you plan on having any sort of relationship with a certain chick, do not allow guy friends. By the way, never be a guy friend.

10) Women like to keep guys on the back-burner.
-Most like to keep their options open...always having someone available on the side. Don't let this be you. You will find it very hard to get out of.

11) Chicks with nice racks will usually tell you about it.
-If you ask a chick if "do you have a nice rack" and she gets offended, it usually means she is a member of SAG. Women with nice racks usually have no problem with talking about it...sometimes in great detail. BOIINGG!

12) Catholic school equals crack in the ass.
-If you are dating (a.k.a. porking) a chick that went to catholic school. She probably likes a nice crack in the ass once in a while, maybe more often. Give her what she wants.

13) Men don't like to dance
-Men will dance to get laid. Women dance to get men and attention. If you are an exeption, you are probably gay or latino.

14) Women by nature are attention whores.
-Self-explanatory.

15) Chicks like to travel in packs.
-This allows the hot one a means to escape. Usually it's the ugly one in the group that will ruin your chance of separating one of them from the group. Your chances of getting laid are better when you split them up.

16) Fat chicks give good hummers.
-Fat chicks love to eat.

17) Never get married untill you are a minimum 25, recommended 30.
-Lack of experience. Wait untill you've had your share of partying. If you are considering a threesome for example, do it before you get married to get it out of your system.

18) Never carry or hold a chicks purse.
-They are testing you. Don't do it, bottom line.

19) Buying Drinks helps.
-Women like to have the booze factor. A little yagermeister works wonders. Also when a guy buys a chick a drink, it means he either:
A) he wants to see her naked
B) he wants to bang her
C) both.
These are some of the Rules of Leykis 101.

should be called misogyny 101- "broken bottles" who only can get "low-hanging fruit" sad, very sad indeed!
 Coma_White
Msg: 70
view profile
History
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/20/2018 2:05:05 PM
Thanks for the copy pasta?
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 71
view profile
History
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/21/2018 6:35:10 AM

should be called misogyny 101- "broken bottles" who only can get "low-hanging fruit" sad, very sad indeed!

"Return of Kings, for masculine [HAHAHA] men"?

I concur, very sad...and very stupid.
 julystorm22
Msg: 72
view profile
History
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/21/2018 10:30:12 AM
The sad thing is I've actually met men who think all the above is true and will get them dates.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 73
view profile
History
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/21/2018 10:35:10 AM

should be called misogyny 101- "broken bottles" who only can get "low-hanging fruit" sad, very sad indeed

...or, was that Return of Kings? Same thing?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 74
view profile
History
How to be an ahole and remain dateless
Posted: 6/21/2018 10:59:45 AM
Wow, what a d!ck that Leykis is. That's 101 for abusing women and how to never get laid or have a relationship. I highly doubt he follows those rules, or maybe that's why he's divorced so many times. Anyone that listens to his rhetoric is a misogynist ahole that really doesn't like women. I'll have to note if anyone I meet mentions him, then I'll immediately know to not get involved.
 Coma_White
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 11:14:23 AM

Wow, what a d!ck that Leykis is. That's 101 for abusing women and how to never get laid or have a relationship. I highly doubt he follows those rules, or maybe that's why he's divorced so many times. Anyone that listens to his rhetoric is a misogynist ahole that really doesn't like women. I'll have to note if anyone I meet mentions him, then I'll immediately know to not get involved.

I'd rather take advice from a man that has married women before than women that have never dated a woman. He says a lot of things in a crude way, but at least he prevents "nice guys" from getting walked all over.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 11:32:49 AM
I think a lot of men think this, but don't say it.
Maybe it puts them on their guard, I don't know.

I wouldn't like to hear any of this...and not sure why
men need to be told this.

As for "nice guys", it's just another thing "nice women"
have to overcome and avoid.

I wonder at what point we have to stop proving ourselves?
 reverendswine
Msg: 77
Posted: 6/21/2018 5:31:34 PM
This Leykis character is undoubtedly on the extreme side, which is for the sake of shock value and pulling in followers, but his voice and overall message still needs to be heard. Men who still have Mom's voice resonating in their heads will never get anywhere.
 cooldog65
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 6:33:39 PM

Acoording to you, being divorced isn't a bad thing since they're not commitment phobic.

Leykis currently has an internet show and I'm a listener. Well?
 siisaa
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 6:43:52 PM

The sad thing is I've actually met men who think all the above is true and will get them dates.

The sadder thing is that some women with questionable self-esteem and self-respect actually reward guys who abide by all of those standards with ****.
 ohenryx
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 9:08:32 PM
Some parts of it I will agree with, some parts I will disagree with. One that I find easy to disagree with:

-Men will dance to get laid. Women dance to get men and attention. If you are an exeption, you are probably gay or latino.

I like to dance. If he wants to call me gay, he can say it to my face and I will then kick his butt.

I don’t do anything fancy, no ballroom, nothing like that. I slow dance and I fast dance (rock and roll). Slow dancing should be self explanatory, what could be finer than holding an attractive woman in your arms while moving in time to a beautiful slow song?

And rock and roll, well – if you’ve never gotten out on the floor, and really let yourself go, feeling the beat, jumping around, and watching your partner while she throws her body around the floor … I feel for you, you haven’t lived.
 CBGB77
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 6:51:39 AM

Posted By: ohenryx on 6/21/2018 11:08:32 PM
Subject: How to be an ahole and remain dateless
Message: Some parts of it I will agree with, some parts I will disagree with. One that I find easy to disagree with:

I like to dance. If he wants to call me gay, he can say it to my face and I will then kick his butt.

I don’t do anything fancy, no ballroom, nothing like that. I slow dance and I fast dance (rock and roll). Slow dancing should be self explanatory, what could be finer than holding an attractive woman in your arms while moving in time to a beautiful slow song?

And rock and roll, well – if you’ve never gotten out on the floor, and really let yourself go, feeling the beat, jumping around, and watching your partner while she throws her body around the floor … I feel for you, you haven’t lived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY_DF2Af3LM
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/22/2018 7:00:08 AM

The sadder thing is that some women with questionable self-esteem and self-respect actually reward guys who abide by all of those standards with ****.

Agreed.

The type of women who go along w/ the bad behaviors Leykis suggests would have to be mentally ill-- then of course, after the man gets laid he can dump her & say : "she was crazy" as an excuse to run.

An older, wiser woman would sniff out bvllsh1t so would a younger wiser woman- & therefore not engage w/ any azzholes.

Which brings me back to the "who pays" adage- no, a woman doesn't have to be a gold digger, but she shouldn't be offering up a free bed & breakfast either.
 siisaa
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 9:17:03 AM

Lol, the above is why I don't take Leykis or others like him seriously. You lose a lot of credibility with ridiculous claim like that. Not only is he a misogynist, but also carries homophobic and racist undertones. Yeah, that's a great person to look up to! Only scumbags would actually take his 'wisdom' seriously, and damaged women f*ck scumbags.

The type of women who go along w/ the bad behaviors Leykis suggests would have to be mentally ill-- then of course, after the man gets laid he can dump her & say : "she was crazy" as an excuse to run.

Yes, it's a perpetual cycle of ****ery. If you choose partake in it, you're partly to blame. That is why I don't have a whole lotta sympathy for women who continually give their time, bodies and attention to ***holes - and then complain when these scumbags treat them like dirt.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/22/2018 9:34:46 AM

That is why I don't have a whole lotta sympathy for women who continually give their time, bodies and attention to ***holes - and then complain when these scumbags treat them like dirt.

BINGO
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >