Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > On dating a cheapskate.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 76
view profile
History
On dating a cheapskate.Page 4 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

should be called misogyny 101- "broken bottles" who only can get "low-hanging fruit" sad, very sad indeed

...or, was that Return of Kings? Same thing?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 77
view profile
History
How to be an ahole and remain dateless
Posted: 6/21/2018 10:59:45 AM
Wow, what a d!ck that Leykis is. That's 101 for abusing women and how to never get laid or have a relationship. I highly doubt he follows those rules, or maybe that's why he's divorced so many times. Anyone that listens to his rhetoric is a misogynist ahole that really doesn't like women. I'll have to note if anyone I meet mentions him, then I'll immediately know to not get involved.
 Coma_White
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 11:14:23 AM

Wow, what a d!ck that Leykis is. That's 101 for abusing women and how to never get laid or have a relationship. I highly doubt he follows those rules, or maybe that's why he's divorced so many times. Anyone that listens to his rhetoric is a misogynist ahole that really doesn't like women. I'll have to note if anyone I meet mentions him, then I'll immediately know to not get involved.

I'd rather take advice from a man that has married women before than women that have never dated a woman. He says a lot of things in a crude way, but at least he prevents "nice guys" from getting walked all over.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 11:32:49 AM
I think a lot of men think this, but don't say it.
Maybe it puts them on their guard, I don't know.

I wouldn't like to hear any of this...and not sure why
men need to be told this.

As for "nice guys", it's just another thing "nice women"
have to overcome and avoid.

I wonder at what point we have to stop proving ourselves?
 reverendswine
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/21/2018 5:31:34 PM
This Leykis character is undoubtedly on the extreme side, which is for the sake of shock value and pulling in followers, but his voice and overall message still needs to be heard. Men who still have Mom's voice resonating in their heads will never get anywhere.
 cooldog65
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 6:33:39 PM

Acoording to you, being divorced isn't a bad thing since they're not commitment phobic.

Leykis currently has an internet show and I'm a listener. Well?
 siisaa
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 6:43:52 PM

The sad thing is I've actually met men who think all the above is true and will get them dates.

The sadder thing is that some women with questionable self-esteem and self-respect actually reward guys who abide by all of those standards with ****.
 ohenryx
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 9:08:32 PM
Some parts of it I will agree with, some parts I will disagree with. One that I find easy to disagree with:

13) Men don't like to dance
-Men will dance to get laid. Women dance to get men and attention. If you are an exeption, you are probably gay or latino.

I like to dance. If he wants to call me gay, he can say it to my face and I will then kick his butt.

I don’t do anything fancy, no ballroom, nothing like that. I slow dance and I fast dance (rock and roll). Slow dancing should be self explanatory, what could be finer than holding an attractive woman in your arms while moving in time to a beautiful slow song?

And rock and roll, well – if you’ve never gotten out on the floor, and really let yourself go, feeling the beat, jumping around, and watching your partner while she throws her body around the floor … I feel for you, you haven’t lived.
 CBGB77
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 6:51:39 AM

Posted By: ohenryx on 6/21/2018 11:08:32 PM
Subject: How to be an ahole and remain dateless
Message: Some parts of it I will agree with, some parts I will disagree with. One that I find easy to disagree with:

-Men will dance to get laid. Women dance to get men and attention. If you are an exeption, you are probably gay or latino.

I like to dance. If he wants to call me gay, he can say it to my face and I will then kick his butt.

I don’t do anything fancy, no ballroom, nothing like that. I slow dance and I fast dance (rock and roll). Slow dancing should be self explanatory, what could be finer than holding an attractive woman in your arms while moving in time to a beautiful slow song?

And rock and roll, well – if you’ve never gotten out on the floor, and really let yourself go, feeling the beat, jumping around, and watching your partner while she throws her body around the floor … I feel for you, you haven’t lived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY_DF2Af3LM
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 85
Posted: 6/22/2018 7:00:08 AM

The sadder thing is that some women with questionable self-esteem and self-respect actually reward guys who abide by all of those standards with ****.

Agreed.

The type of women who go along w/ the bad behaviors Leykis suggests would have to be mentally ill-- then of course, after the man gets laid he can dump her & say : "she was crazy" as an excuse to run.

An older, wiser woman would sniff out bvllsh1t so would a younger wiser woman- & therefore not engage w/ any azzholes.

Which brings me back to the "who pays" adage- no, a woman doesn't have to be a gold digger, but she shouldn't be offering up a free bed & breakfast either.
 siisaa
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 9:17:03 AM

Lol, the above is why I don't take Leykis or others like him seriously. You lose a lot of credibility with ridiculous claim like that. Not only is he a misogynist, but also carries homophobic and racist undertones. Yeah, that's a great person to look up to! Only scumbags would actually take his 'wisdom' seriously, and damaged women f*ck scumbags.

The type of women who go along w/ the bad behaviors Leykis suggests would have to be mentally ill-- then of course, after the man gets laid he can dump her & say : "she was crazy" as an excuse to run.

Yes, it's a perpetual cycle of ****ery. If you choose partake in it, you're partly to blame. That is why I don't have a whole lotta sympathy for women who continually give their time, bodies and attention to ***holes - and then complain when these scumbags treat them like dirt.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/22/2018 9:34:46 AM

That is why I don't have a whole lotta sympathy for women who continually give their time, bodies and attention to ***holes - and then complain when these scumbags treat them like dirt.

BINGO
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 11:41:57 AM

Lol, the above is why I don't take Leykis or others like him seriously. You lose a lot of credibility with ridiculous claim like that. Not only is he a misogynist, but also carries homophobic and racist undertones. Yeah, that's a great person to look up to! Only scumbags would actually take his 'wisdom' seriously, and damaged women f*ck scumbags.

His platform is entirely baseless. People 'listen' or 'read' him because they're just as profane as is he. It's a grand sense of self-entitlement that will never be appeased (speaking of incessant attention-seeking behavior); use and abuse is their mantra and the women who screw them also use them to get back at the better caliber of women, women who have an honest, large dose of self-respect and self-preservation. These 'damaged' ladies often side with these piles of shit mistakenly referred to as 'men' men and hurl the old "attention seeker" slights at anything the more confident lady says, posts, wears, writes or does.

[...]

Yes, it's a perpetual cycle of ****ery. If you choose partake in it, you're partly to blame. That is why I don't have a whole lotta sympathy for women who continually give their time, bodies and attention to ***holes - and then complain when these scumbags treat them like dirt.

There is no reason to have sympathy for them because sympathy won't help them. If they bring down the standards for everybody else, it's because that's where they are .

Only a strong commitment to psychological therapy and long-term goals of repairing their self-esteem will help, but they would have to stop feeding the narcissist through this therapy, though it won't be easy. The Narcissist has a full chance of experiencing dementia and dying from brain disease, and usually alone when they long tapped-out on their supply.
 Coma_White
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 11:42:50 AM

I've heard his show and I've never heard any homophobic or racist undertones. Can you explain what you mean? I think what Leykis meant about dancing is that men in general don't go out "dancing" the same way women do. Women don't flock to bars to watch men dance. Men don't go "OMG! They're playing Pitbull, let's hit the dance floor!" Some men like to dance, but men in general aren't interested in dancing as much as women are. I thought that was common sense.
 2ufo
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 11:53:58 AM

People 'listen' or 'read' him because they're just as profane as is he.

Nah, I think people simply like lists of short, simple, easily-understand instructions.

In short, recipes for relations.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 12:00:24 PM

Nah, I think people simply like lists of short, simple, easily-understand instructions.

In short, recipes for relations.

Hence, very selfish and profane. Quick relations - no responsibility or commitment at the cost to those slam, bam, thank you whatever.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 12:02:06 PM

Wow, what a d!ck that Leykis is. That's 101 for abusing women and how to never get laid or have a relationship.

He'll run out the supply and dementia will hit him permanently -- I hope.

I highly doubt he follows those rules, or maybe that's why he's divorced so many times. Anyone that listens to his rhetoric is a misogynist ahole that really doesn't like women. I'll have to note if anyone I meet mentions him, then I'll immediately know to not get involved.[/question]

They won't mention it, but the way they behave is a good indicator.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 93
view profile
History
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/22/2018 12:03:24 PM

Leykis 101
Rules of the Classroom:

I think it's meant to be exaggerated/funny/tongue-in-cheek. That said, even though it's ridiculous, there is a market for over-the-top like that due to too many guys being shy wallflowers. You need a semi-truck just to move them 6 inches. It's based on some element of truth, but it's not meant to be exact -- so I think people should chill a bit when reading something so over-the-top. :)

1) Never date single mothers. Dating equals porking.
-Too much of a risk. She already made one mistake and some guy is paying out his ***hole for the next 18 years of his life.

I think this only has some truth if you're referring to those in their teens to early 20s. And didn't aim to get prego in the first place. Then there's that risk. You get in your late 20s / early 30s when she already has kids, the opposite is true and you should instead "fear" ones Wanting to have kids some day with their biological clock ticking loudly. Either way, using a fake name is the best form of birth control. ;)

2) Never spend more than $40 on a date. If possible, let her pay for everything.
-There is no reason you should feel obligated to pay for anything. However, there is nothing wrong with splitting things 50/50.

The amount depends on what you do. An initial date to get the balls rolling can be a quaint just-a-drink-or-two date, where under $40 would cover you and her, notably in Happy Hour. But I totally disagree on splitting 50/50 on a date. I would say this mindset should only apply when you're Not on a date -- and a word of wisdom to not try to buy your way into getting her #. But his POV for dates? Bad. At most, it should be to motion her to grab a round of drinks when you walk into a new bar after dinner to set the tone that not Everything is purely paid for.

3) If she doesn't bang you by the third date, Dump That **** (DTB)
-Chances are she has no intention of EVER screwing you.

I would say by date #5 at the most, as it varies from #3-#5 -- but his core idea is true. If you're just having handshakes & lemonade style dates after date #3 ends -- Leave. She's not that interested.

4) No spooning, cuddling, hugging, or staying over.
-Get in and get out. (No pun intended).

That's only if you're not that into her and just want the sex.

5) Never get involved with a co-worker unless you dont mind losing your job over it.
-In today's world, a man can be burned with sexual harassment very easily.

I agree, and there is a risk for unwarranted sexual-related complaints if you go past the platonic line -- but mainly, just standard drama is enough to avoid it. That said, allowing something to "slow roast" into something, in a work place where dating each other happens -- that's OK.

6) Women like men who are ***holes.
-If a woman sees that you are a ****, she will walk all over you. If they think that you are a busy guy and hard to get a hold of, the more they will want in your pants.

Women are more into a-holes than guys who are pu$$ies, that's for sure. However, it's best put that gals are more into guys who give out the vibe that they Can be an a-hole (if warranted?). And also -- being too busy & too hard to get will cost you more dates. That's more applicable to gals who you didn't go out with yet but see in a social setting a lot. Her "ehh maybe" interest will increase if you give out the "ehh maybe" vibe in return.

7) The "Looks/Self-Esteem Ratio"
The number at the top of the ratio is a 1-10 rating on her looks...you want this to be as high as possible. The number at the bottom of the ratio her self-esteem...you want this to be as low as possible.

This is only true if you're trying to get a gal out of your league, to narrow in on one you may have a chance with. For a gal to be datING? You want both to be as high as possible.

8) Never buy a chick flowers, candies, teddy bears, etc.
-It is a waste of money. Buying a chick gifts with the intent on getting in her panties is usually a waste.

I agree. It'd take a certain breed of gal + a certain situation where that may not be a bad idea. Otherwise, it can not just be a waste, but backfiring with most girls in most situations.

9) Men and women can't be friends.
-For a woman, a guy friend is just a guy waiting for a chance to get in her pants. They are thinking about it all the time.

While I agree that you should distance the girl you're now dating from her "guy friends" for the most part + never invest in being a gal's "guy friend" if you Like her ... I totally disagree that gals in general know that her guy friends are wanting to get inside her pants -- which almost all are, passively or not. Most gals don't realize this, and Erroneously think it's the opposite way -- that most of their 1-on-1 guy friends want to be Just friends, while it's the small minority that want more. Tsk tsk. :)

10) Women like to keep guys on the back-burner.
-Most like to keep their options open

For the cute + single social butterflies, yes. Otherwise, no, there's not a trend like that for everyone else.

11) Chicks with nice racks will usually tell you about it.

They'll usually make some early comments on guys staring at them, how it's tough on the back, etc. But that's about it.

12) Catholic school equals crack in the ass.

I agree that gals who went to Catholic school can be quite naughty -- but overall, they're just like anyone else (including the naughty part).

-Men will dance to get laid. Women dance to get men and attention.

For the most part, I agree. Even for many guys who Like dancing. Litmus test: Go to a bar where there's really no single chicks, and the guy who dances knows this + he knows there's a fat chance that any gals are going to flock in. But the DJ's music is decent, and there are a few gay & straight couples out there but it's still kinda dead (but not empty). Not feeling it, knowing you dancing isn't going to make single gals appear at the bar? It's at least about getting female interaction (=in pants). Still want to, knowing no single gals are going to show up? Yes, you really do like dancing in and of itself. Even if you're home alone.

14) Women by nature are attention whores.
-Self-explanatory.

There's truth to that. But there's some guys who are like that too. Women don't have a copyright on that at all.

15) Chicks like to travel in packs.

I don't think they have a copyright on this, either.

16) Fat chicks give good hummers.

I think there's truth in this one. But you don't want to totally bank on every one giving great BJs.

17) Never get married untill you are a minimum 25, recommended 30.

I agree. I would say don't get married until over 25, where an engagement would be 25 minimum (like college sweetheart you're still seeing).

18) Never carry or hold a chicks purse.

If you're not into them, and they Like you, I can understand -- but no, you can keep their purse on hold when they go take a sh!t in the bathroom.

19) Buying Drinks helps.
-Women like to have the booze factor.

I agree, but you don't want to run around buying girls drinks who aren't giving you the time of day. Overall waste of $$ with little return. You buy them a drink when there's mutual interest that seems initially established after a while. But doesn't this contradict with the whole "Always go 50/50 on dates"?
 2ufo
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 12:04:51 PM
Recipes don't always work...

Masters understand the reasons behind all the rules and instructions.

ETA: I'm pretty sure Leykis is no master.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/22/2018 12:10:54 PM
Leykis & his followers can get a group discount in Parumph Nevada in a legal brother, if they are lucky enough.

The Walking Wanting Head

Heard Air force Amy charges 3K ;0P
 ssm508
Msg: 96
view profile
History
On dating a cheapskate.
Posted: 6/22/2018 12:48:46 PM

Some parts of it I will agree with, some parts I will disagree with.

Exactly. For example, I would in general agree with the following...

2) Never spend more than $40 on a date.

At least for the first date/meeting, I would agree it should be relatively expensive

170Never get married until you are a minimum 25, recommended 30.

People in their 20s can often focus on having fun with friends, getting their career started. Then they can settle down a little bit later.
 Tech30
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 1:25:14 PM
He'll run out the supply and dementia will hit him permanently -- I hope.

I highly doubt he follows those rules, or maybe that's why he's divorced so many times. Anyone that listens to his rhetoric is a misogynist ahole that really doesn't like women. I'll have to note if anyone I meet mentions him, then I'll immediately know to not get involved.[/question]

They won't mention it, but the way they behave is a good indicator.

Youre the typical triggered woman who really doesnt understand what Leykis is about. Why not get a bit more informed ?

His advice is for men from 18 to 25. I enjoy listening to him becuase he says a lot of things that I figured out from life experience.

Men that young shouldnt be getting involved with relationships and NEVER getting with single mothers. At that age a man should be getting life experience, travelling, getting educated and or building skills towards a good career.

He also tell them about the ways women can bring a man down. The games they play, the negativity they can bring and how it stifles a man's ambitions and creativity.

I dont think you will need to worry about listening for mentions of Leykis, as anyone who follows the basic rules and looks for the red flags to maintain a good stress free, debt free life would avoid a woman like you at all costs.
 julystorm22
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 1:41:37 PM
If a guy is to go to any other man for advice, it should be to a man who a has been happily married for 50 years. The advice they can give is gold.
 siisaa
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 2:49:49 PM
^ I somewhat agree. When it comes to dating advice, I would not take it from married people, especially if they’ve been married for a very long time. They’ve been out of the dating pool. Their relationship advice would be more sound than just dating. Reminds me of a married couple I once knew who were in their 30s and they met in high school. They had very wise advice for me as it pertained to being in an established relationship but when they tried to give me dating advice (this was when I was regularly meeting men off dating sites), I took their words with a huge grain of salt. I was polite but in the back of my head I’d be thinking, “you’ve been with the same person for half your life. What do you REALLY know about meeting/dating new people?”
 ssm508
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 3:37:23 PM

At least for the first date/meeting, I would agree it should be relatively expensive

Typo on my previous post. It should have been "inexpensive". Not "expensive".
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > On dating a cheapskate.