Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Subjective descriptions of body size on PoF.Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
My arms are well over 3 foot with gert big hams on the end, if I can get me arms round her, she's in trouble. And if she can get her legs round me they be long uns.

Caveman mode off. Actually thats a first for today.
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Subjective descriptions of body size on PoF.
Posted: 3/26/2008 10:35:22 AM
will you guys tell us your vitals too?

be my pleasure : Dawny Frenchy. (refer to message 10 above although the lady really should have waited until we hit message 16 at least)

I must admit I have now and again had trouble getting up that early.
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 11:15:12 AM
BBW/Big and Tall= hideously obscene comment

It's Fig and Ball / BBW so us gert big chaps can select the option.

vvv Twenty minutes isn't a very long roly poly now is it.
 restless_native
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 5:03:08 PM

It would appear to me that the options for a lady to describe her size are very subjective.

That's true. I never knew that there were so many words to describe fat chicks until I discovered internet dating. It's been very educational.
 lalby
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/27/2008 1:58:46 AM
The average dress size for women in the uk is a 14/16 .
I used to have average up on my profile as thats what size i was up untill last year when i gave up smoking and gained a few pounds,so now have a few extra pounds up.
Well i kept relapsing with the fags,still cant have a drink and not have a fag,but i am loosing the wieght i gained so will be back to average soon i hope
They should have an option where you can put your dress size as i think when you have a few extra pounds as the option,it can be decieving and alot of people see it as being really big.
 lalby
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/27/2008 3:56:58 AM
I agree with that i think if you have a view to meeting someone you have to be honest,what would be the point in lying.
I always have loads of different pics on my msn and will be honest about my size,a couple of times in the past before going on dates i had,had chats via web cam with them so they knew exactly what i looked like before hand.
 xx_trouble
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2008 4:27:57 AM
Average UK size is 16 as has been said, but the fact is this is not fat. I'm a size 14 now, I want to be a size 12 again but I am continually told off for putting myself down as I am apparently not fat, but to myself I am. Its probably a problem of where I have my weight rather than the weight that I am but only I can change that.

BMI is a pointless thing as muscle is heavier than fat so anyone that is slightly muscular is going to have a higher BMI than someone who isn't. A good mate of mine is built like a brick house and its all muscle but his BMI makes him clinically obese.

Body fat index is slightly more accurate as it says how much fat is in your body but its not an easy thing to do on your own.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 5:20:41 AM
Reading these posts I am now in a dilemma. I thought I was 'average' (although lacking somewhat in the bust area) but i wear size 10/12 in clothes. If 14/16 is average and I'm definitely not 'thin' or 'athletic' - aaaaagh I'm a misfit
 Lorri55
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:37:20 AM
I would just describe myself as pleasantly top-heavy
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >