Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4ms4me
Msg: 49
view profile
History
how would you define true love?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I think true love is when you seek the others headlines above your own.
 AlreadyTakenBootboy
Msg: 50
how would you define true love?
Posted: 6/28/2011 2:25:04 PM
true love is someone who doesn't reject you, someone who is always there, welll.... I know that Christ loves me, and that he is always there. That's true love! I know that some of you might not agree.... but that's what I think true love is.
 4ms4me
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2011 2:37:12 PM

I think true love is when you seek the others headlines above your own.

HAPPINESS, I mean Happiness ... although I suppose headlines works too.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 52
Posted: 6/28/2011 5:26:25 PM
Sigh....
true love for me is just so damn annoying.

Instead going about carpe dieming the hell out of my normal day2day,
I find myself constantly thinking about her.

Wondering what she is up to.
Picturing her naked in various ways.

and I spend money.
Not extravagantly.
But dinners. small trinkets to see her smile.
plays. concerts. trips.
Stuff I wouldn't do when sensibly alone.
I do with abandon when insensibly smitten.

And if she's down, I am as well.
And her opinions will matter to me.
So I may end up discussing stuff I'd rather not.

And then there are the chick flicks.
sappy ones. Sad ones. I'll hold her thru them.
and wonder how those movie wusses can get into such love scrapes.
then I realize I am one too.
and in one.

Oh there is sex, happiness, and fun to be sure.
and if I'm lucky...... warm soup as well.
But it is so all consuming.
such a distraction from my usual useless male routines.

Worst of all true love makes me noble...
and strive to be better than I am...
for her.
and once that happens there is no going back.
no need to eat as I'm already toast.
 onesouthernncwoman
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/29/2011 2:17:05 AM
I think you hit the nail with the hammer, slyknight! If everyone defined it that way, would be nice!
 Kariann71
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/29/2011 5:43:39 AM
Accepting each other's flaws and realizing that NO ONE is perfect. Seeing that person at their worst and still wanting to be with them. Communicating with each other instead of bottling things up. Being happy/content just being together, no matter where you may be or what you're doing.

Then again. I'm on a dating site because I suck at relationships... So what the hell do I know?
 unselfishreasons
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/29/2011 6:40:07 AM
Thank you James for this quote! A friend of mine sent this to me yesterday, and I had to post it on my profile page...

It is refreshing to see that there are men out there that believe in this biblical principle, and that also have a yearning desire to experience love. Hugs to you!
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/29/2011 8:51:09 AM
...even when they are gone the feelings remain a life time...
 home_osorio
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/9/2011 7:26:22 PM
true love is loving that person for everything that he is and he is not. i can honestly say that i love this guy Osolomo with all of my heart and all of my soul and i would give everything for him. But the story does not have a happy ending. Osolomo, I wish you will just love me like this. = (
 Parkguy38
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2011 10:27:17 AM
To me true love is when you can change yourself to allow another in to your life.
We all have dreams and wants in life, When those dreams and wants can be adapted based on who your with.
 Natgoat
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/10/2011 1:44:09 PM
When you can become ~A Single Entity~ just by coming in contact with them..!!
A HUG or a KISS or anytime that you Make Love
together...
It's F a b u l o u s...!!
 pretzelman60
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/10/2011 2:01:56 PM
Love is a Suburu. I used to have other thoughts on love, but after watching countless T.V. shows and the commercials that accompany them....I am quite sure Love is a Suburu!

JMO
 shezabritelite
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/10/2011 11:50:14 PM
True love is stopping what you're doing to help someone else. True love is bringing home something for someone because you know they will enjoy the surprise and it will make them happy. True love is accepting someone with all their dumb-ass faults, even the ones that make you nuts, because they do the same for you and your lives are richer for it. True love takes time to prove itself. True love doesn't make promises it won't keep.
 --Zen--
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/11/2011 2:31:07 AM
Love is a human mating cycle. Period to bear and raze young. Nothing more nothing less.
 Natgoat
Msg: 63
How would you define true love?
Posted: 10/11/2011 5:59:10 AM
When Both parties have the same attraction and chemistry for each other...
they both have similar tastes in food, music, activities, love of animals and nature...
and are both very affectionate and loving toward each other!
 EverybodyNeedsFriends
Msg: 64
How would you define true love?
Posted: 10/12/2011 9:50:40 AM
I hope I don't misquote Shakespeare but I believe he said "Love is not time's fool", or something like that. Love doesn't just pick up and go, it stays till the storm blows over.
Human love can also be painful, if you are someone given to worries. Spiritual love transcends fear 1 John 4:18 says.
I read a poem today called Hope and Love by Jane Hirshfield, one line spoke to me as it said "hope is the hardest love we carry". Love, in my opinion is almost counterintuitive, its a risk you have to take to love anyone, because love is offering your heart... Love is a risk because you're afraid of "paradise for a day" as it may make your next year without it added struggle. But ultimately, calculated risks are worth it. And when it comes to love, even if there is pain involved, due to the fact that people are weak, fallible human beings, or perhaps due to the fact that your love may be unrequited, I feel that love is best described as something that is worth the effort, something you cannot control, and something that you learn from.
 chinadol6977
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2011 9:57:11 AM
Someone that I don't want to choke to death after he leaves the toilet seat up....
 Sweven
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/12/2011 10:12:28 AM
True love to me just means "real" love. Not a false love. True love doesn't come from phony people any more than safe drinking water comes from the sewage pipes.
 YayForBeer
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2011 10:33:49 AM
This question was already answered in the movie "The Devil's Advocate."

Kevin Lomax: What about love?

John Milton: Overrated. Biochemically no different than eating large quantities of chocolate.

Solved.

archer_girl87
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/12/2011 1:35:47 PM
I believe true love is many of the above noted..
I think true love is love for yourself you can share with an other.
Being in love is realizing any pain, or hard en devours you have been through are in fact what brought you to the very moment you are in, to the person you are with, and knowing each painful moment was worth it to bring you here.
True love is something that no explanation or definition can suffice, when you share this true love with someone words can not describe it. you just get each other....
OR for the less ambitious:
contempt. Happy with what you have.
this appears to be an old post, but great topic OP. =)
 Glenoran1
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/15/2011 4:49:40 PM
To me, true love exists when your partner's happiness and wellbeing matters at least as much to you as does your own ... and it's reciprocal. Everything else is simply an enactment or manifestation of that desire to please.
 sexandthepof
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/15/2011 5:18:50 PM
True love is like the love of a mother to her child. She would do anything to provide her child's need and want, to protect her child, to feel good when she sees her child is happy, to sacrifice herself for her child, for example, she would rather to spend money to buy something for her child than to buy for herself, or would rather to save money to pay for her child's education fee than to buy expensive jewelries or a deluxe car for herself and a lot more. I think true love can be defined as selfless or the kind acts of one towards another. I see what post # 11 describes is a true love too.
 notinterestedjustlooking
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/24/2011 5:42:50 AM
Love should be taken like any other emotion. It should not be considered to be something that is very special. It should not be taken so seriously that it leads to self-deterioration and other problems in life. After all love is just another emotion.
 playfulpete
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/24/2011 7:29:11 AM
A nice cold on a very hot summer day
 justonhere1
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/24/2011 7:48:30 AM
I would have to agree with you on this. I been married once, and i realized after being split that it was not true love for me till i met someone else. It's wanting the best for that person, it's waking up in the morning and feeling like no matter what your breath or his smell like, you still kiss. IT's physical and mental, it's not wanting to be without them while at work, but can't wait to get home to them.
True love does not make the other person feel bad about anything, but it's always showing in some way that you care no matter the situation.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >