Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Biting my Tongue to avoid conflict.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Put your stuff in storage now and go sleep on a friend's couch. Some people make everything about race and you cannot talk to them nor will anything anyone says make any difference unless the top dog among them decides they want it to stop. And that is the general "them" whether it is a bunch of whites, blacks, Asians, Hispanics, any group that is basically being led by a loudmouth that won't listen and wants to make all issues about race.

There is no reason to put yourself through that so get out and be safe. Some people answer what they think is prejudice with discrimination of their own. You know who and what you are and staying to prove a point would be foolish and could be deadly.
 Realityissubjective
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Biting my Tongue to avoid conflict.
Posted: 3/28/2008 12:42:19 PM
Just curious, But Im wondering why you introduced Richard to the Cops. Or felt you needed to.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2008 3:27:26 PM

I DO plan to move, Funny Girl. Am going back to college in May. It's still going to be an awfully long month, though.

How do you reason with people like this?
You DON'T. You put your head down, do your time (the month), and never look back. I've had some nasty neighbours. All they wanted was for me to move out.
 ShadowLands
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2008 3:29:00 PM
MOVE!!!!! NOW!!!!!

GET THE HELL OUT NOW!!!!!

Hanging around hiding in your apartment is not living. Just get away from the lowlifes and start again.
 WesternRose
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/28/2008 4:24:55 PM
I don't get it...but time to move.
Just be really careful, your words, your body language....and protect your stuff.
You might be seen as a good target now to be harassed and run out of town since they probably know that you have given your notice to move.

stay strong... remove your valuables to a friends place if you can and be well.

I guess the good old days of neighbours being there for each other are gone, that kinship and support is fading. People are looking after themselves and the Us versus Them attitude happens when you racial tensions between groups.

I don't get it.... best to get out. Be well.
 outlawtomboy
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/29/2008 8:12:42 AM
it really doesn't sound like these are your kind of people. i took a peek at your profile and i can't imagine you living in this kind of environment. can't you move? you can always fluff your hair and give the tulip a toss before you drive away for the last time. in an unmarked car
 Lucky_Vet
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:21:23 PM
You don't reason with them.

You move away and count your blessings you got your purse back (minus the money.)

You're in scumville, and living with self entitled victim mindset losers. Get out fast.
 Obsidius
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 10:34:06 AM
From what I make of this situation is possibly a misunderstanding. Your purse was taken and a black couple assumed that you snitched them out to the police. Now the "Richard" guy probably has something to hide or is paranoid because they are selling dope or he's on parole, whatever., can't judge the situation totally because I don't live where you do, or wasn't there when it happened but however I smell racism on not their part but yours as well as you opened your dilemma post with racial statistics. Typically "most" white people automatically gets paranoid and racially defensive when they end up living somewhere where they are not the majority. I've seen this deeply ingrained behavior so many times it isn't funny. I'm just laughing at all the panicky and over reactive responses from other readers. I'm sure the whole apartment complex isn't ready to lynch you, at least not right now

Now you know how it feels when the bigot equation is on the other foot eh? Doesn't feel good does it?
 outlawtomboy
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:58:24 AM
it's good that you notified the manager but i'm not so sure you should trust him with your personal safety. seems like they already slipped...and slipped...and slipped.....
 c_deacon
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 5:17:22 PM
Still time to move me thinks my dear......Head on back towards this direction, and be at peace and happy again.......and I bet you son will follow.....

Just my opinion........
 YingKissesYang
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 9:24:01 AM
Sorry I'm coming off so tough, but this feels like another thread looking for validation
instead of help.-------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well the lady makes a point, and it could have been worse.

OP: I understand this IS A DAILY DRAMA for you. Every day these loosers live and breath, with not much else to do except cash their disability check and use the food stamps. Tomorrow you could be in the hospital. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF STREET SMARTS? I don't mean the proper way to stab someone, or how to have "beat 'em up" (do you by any chance live near those 6 girls who assaulted the other future Miss America?), or where's a good dry place to sleep at nite. But I do wish I woulda known how to fill out the food stamps application a few years ago, (since I got denied because I had an untouchable retirement account I saved)

YOU DON'T GIVE NOTICE WHEN "FLEEING". (unless of course the situation isn't as bad as you say it is). Did we give notice to Hitler we were on the way? Are we gonna give notice to Iraq when we plan to pull out?

What you do is, you spend your free time looking for A NICE PLACE, and DO SOME RESEARCH. Call the police department for info, etc. Interview the neighbors, hang out like casual and ask questions, sit in the landlords / mgr's office and watch who comes and goes before dark...(and after dark if possible). Then "BAM!" you move one day soon. No notice needed if you live in a danger zone. (get your deposit back at small claims court, capechee?)

Is that a bit over the top, well yes. I hope you get the drift, since we gave it to you 2 weeks ago.
 opnmydm
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/10/2008 5:53:58 PM
i would move asap, but if your going to saty, i would get a "spy" camera installed to watch over your apt and to video record everything incase something happens again..
 Realityissubjective
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 5:56:03 PM

morphed into a blowhard in a circlejerk of pomposity

I gotta remember that one..!
Seems to be a LOT of threads that do that around here....
 guitarcrooner
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2008 9:48:14 AM
Move here to Sebring and be my neighbor in my apartment complex. I'll protect you.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >