Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > pictures on POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 seabass15
Msg: 1
view profile
History
pictures on POFPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
When I joined POF, I had photos of myself, prepared. to upload. nay even smiling
My question is in two parts
How can a woman expect to get replies to her profile when there is no photo to view the person.
the second part is, if the woman posts a few photos of herself, and she is not smiling what is other peoples reactions to her photos.

My answer to both, is
With the first I dont , bother to view their profile.
And secondly If a woman who post photos of herself without at least a smile in one Pic, I feel I would wasting my and her time, we can all have long faces, but people like to see the lighter side of your personality.
I think I will now go and dangle my worm over the bath . And see if I can catch a fisshie, or even get a bite
 *buzz*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 3/28/2008 1:22:02 PM
To be honest, it doesn't bother me if I get a mail from Mr Incognito who doesn't have a pic on here. If there is a substance in conversing, a photo will follow shortly and voluntarily. If not, 'fair & square' will materialise at some point ... as we obviously are not on the same page.
 seabass15
Msg: 3
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 3/28/2008 1:42:39 PM
thanks all so far. for replying. its not a wind up, we all have different likes and dislikes. I just wondered what yours were.

I am still going to dangle my worm in the bath and see if I can catch a Fisshie, or get a bite.
a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year To all the Fisshies out there.

Bodiesroadie
Msg: 4
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 3/28/2008 1:56:47 PM
[I am running on windows 98 and cannot view any pics unless I go around a friends house which isnt always easy.]

I'm on windows 98, I have no problems viewing pics,

plenty other problems though...still slightly better than
vista i suspect.
 Lorri55
Msg: 5
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/19/2008 5:07:01 PM
my opening line to a man with no profile is as follows....
hi...married or ugly?
I usually get the truth.....9 times out of ten married or gf
 lalby
Msg: 6
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/20/2008 1:43:26 AM
I get people that message me and obviously havnt read my profile,which i sometimes find annoying so dont really bother spending the time to message them back as they havnt been bothered to spend the time to read a profile.I think pics are more important to men but shouldnt it really be an intrest in the person and not the pictures.
Ive come across profiles with no pics but what they have written has intrested me enough to write to them.
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 7
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/20/2008 7:17:59 AM
I want to see their eyes, the windows to the soul and all I ever get on here is tit shots from above, most annoying. I dunno wanna talk to yer tits love ta.
 restless_native
Msg: 8
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/20/2008 9:50:48 AM
For some people I imagine it's easier on here if they don't have pics.

It's probably more likely that people will talk to them if they don't realise that they are actually a bit of a dog.
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 9
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/20/2008 10:08:28 AM
Not catch 22 at all, what does it matter if you don't get messages from people who don't like the look of you? I bet there are loads who haven't messaged me because of my looks, or lack of them. Their loss.
 - Jules2008 -
Msg: 10
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:24:28 AM
I mail both with pics and without...No problem...I do find though a lot do judge me by my photos, but then again if they do that why would I want to chat to them...so it works both ways...
 restless_native
Msg: 11
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/21/2008 3:49:25 AM

Yes, there has to be an attraction for a relationship to succeed but to my mind there’s no point in a physical attraction if there’s no intellectual attraction cos that relationship will go nowhere!

But, doesn't that also work the other way around as well? Most people couldn't have a relationship with someone that they didn't find physically attractive no matter how attracted they were to them intellectually.

I find it's quicker to weed out the mingers first before I waste any time getting to know them.
 restless_native
Msg: 12
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/21/2008 5:44:09 AM

It depends what you are looking for really, I don't mind having ugly friends.

Fair point. But, you don't want to have too many. There's a danger that people could think that you are ugly by association.
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 13
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/21/2008 6:33:14 AM
But how many times have we heard the words "How the feck did he pull her?" Is it more unlikely in the age of internet dating? Probably.

"Now tell me Debbie, what first attracted you to the millionaire paul Daniels?"
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 14
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/21/2008 7:30:34 AM
Some peoples shallowness saves the rest of us so thankfully they are quite welcome to it.
 restless_native
Msg: 15
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/21/2008 8:31:07 AM
All I can say on the matter is that I've never subsequently seen a picture of someone who has no pictures on their profile and been pleasantly surprised.

That can't be a coincidence surely?
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 16
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/21/2008 9:34:41 AM
The only ones I message without pics are those on the forum whence you get to know a bit about them and something prompts you to do so. Which actually, for me, is true of messages I send anyways. Helios and the Cats jim jams come to mind, super personalities, but too young for me personally but it is their personalities that stand out. it does though make you wonder what they look like. As humans we like to put a face to a personality.
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 17
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 4/21/2008 11:18:26 AM
I'm taking brunette girly to court for not wanting to jump on me, such discrimination against fat, greying, balding chaps is derisory and I demand compensation.

Saves me from a heart attack though.
 restless_native
Msg: 18
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 5/7/2008 5:00:51 AM

Does anyone else not think that having a patient approach to who you have time for will actually help find a suitable partner?

Yes. I don't think that.
 Lorri55
Msg: 19
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 5/7/2008 2:51:55 PM
it's always good to see who you are talking to.....if the pic is them that is!!!
 try1more
Msg: 20
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 5/10/2008 1:28:20 AM
don't apologise johnny somebody had to say it! well done seems to have hit the spot!

astro only a dumb blonde would claim to be normal after talking sense on here:)
you're right that only a troll or someone with a serious disorder would rant on like that.

as to the pic's. the way i see it it's a question of honesty/openness. if you have a fear of rejection quit looking. that said when i first signed up i had no pic to post so had to take a couple, which didn't happen in any rush, as it's not the only thing i had to do.

as for you Brunettegirly you deserve a slap didn't you read the notice "don't feed the trolls":)
 moonpilot
Msg: 21
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 7/23/2009 5:50:43 AM
No pic = no contact!

Sorry, but I don't trust people who hide their identity, people without pics are less trustworthy! If someone without a pic posts to the forum, I discount anything they have to say, because they are clearly hiding something!
 darbest
Msg: 22
pictures on POF
Posted: 12/29/2015 4:28:58 PM
I have not been on this site for awhile. I love to smile and have fun. Have you caught a fish yet?
"D"
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 23
view profile
History
pictures on POF
Posted: 12/30/2015 1:19:54 AM
Who? This thread is from 2009, looks like they've all gone!
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 24
pictures on POF
Posted: 12/30/2015 1:48:51 AM
The past is a great place to visit
but a bad place to live -
there's no future in it ...........

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > pictures on POF