Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Would love to help you out with your profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SWEET - N - SASSY GIRL 4U
Msg: 26
Would love to help you out with your profilePage 2 of 55    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Excite***,

glad to see those ***. lol glad I could help you out and best of luck to you.
Sweet
Msg: 27
Would love to help you out with your profile
Posted: 3/31/2008 12:13:04 PM
Hi artzyfartzy,

I actually like your profile. It is very imformative. You put it right out there who you are and what you are looking for. Also what you want in a man and a relationship. Bravooooo for you !!!!! I only have one thing to correct. lol.. in your first paragraph , the last line, second word should be "at" not "a". lol....sorry lol

The only question I have is why hide your pic ? If you have a pic why hide it ? You are a nice looking lady so don't hide your pic ! Put it right out there. I suggest that you get a few more pics. It is always a good idea to put at least 1 full body pic. You need some pics to show off your personality and your artistic creativity. Let's see more of you in your pics !!! That would benefit you !!!!

I am also a very artzy person. I did the art and craft show for 16 years and loved it !!! I love creative people. I think they are special people that God created to be here to show off his wonders !!!!!. Hope I have helped you out ,what little help you needed !!! lol. Good luck in your search.
Sweet
 wherehaveUbeen
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 2:27:35 PM
Dear Sweet

Thank you so much for that lovely profile advise. I made some changes and will tweek it more when it becomes clear to me what to say. You are way to cool!
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/31/2008 3:03:27 PM
Where Have you been,

Girl I love the changes you have made to your profile. It is so different and soooo positive. You threw in a lot of cute witty humor and I just love it !!! Bravoooo to you. But I am still waiting for the sexy yard pic to show up as your main pic lol...Also I love the new heading MVP...how creative and witty..Good Job...

You are so welcome for my suggestions. It warms my heart to be of help to anyone !!! I am thankful for the ones that helped me out in the beginning !!! My only suggestion is to seperate what you have written into 2 paragraphs. One about you and one about the one you are searching for. The one big paragraph looks a little overwhelming. But I love what you have written !!!! You go girl !!! knock em off their feet !!!!!!

Sweet
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/31/2008 4:34:10 PM
Hi Greg,

You are most definatley a very nice man, no doubt about that !!! It is always hard to start up a relationship with someone that has lost a true love of their life. I have been there and done that !!! I think all A lady needs to know right now is all the wonderful things about you and what you have to offer her in a relationship !!! It is hard sometimes trying to give someone that you don't know at all, suggestions to make their profile better. I am glad that you are having a close friend review it. Maybe she can give you some other good insight that will make your profile a winner. Thank you for giving me the oportunity to try to help you. Good luck and God Bless. Please stay in touch.
Debi
 VicinSA
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/31/2008 5:01:00 PM
Thanks for all your feed back!! Let's try it again, shall we? More pics are on the way, just got to get a camera.

Thanks,
Vic
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/31/2008 5:46:44 PM
Hi M1HM,

Well let me start out by saying you are definately NOT ugly. You are a really cute guy and should have no problem getting the girls.

My first suggestion is you need a few more pics. One should be a full body picture. Take a few pics of you enjoying yourself. Show off your personality. Girls love to look at all the pics, They seem to get to know you a little by them, so the more the better !!

Your profile starts out very negative about yourself. The first 3 sentences are not good. You get better after that. I would suggest to erase all you have written and start over. You need to be very positive about yourself. This is all the girls have to look at to decide if you are a fun and safe guy to try to get to know. Right now you are probably scaring them off. !! lol ..

Write out a nice paragraph telling us all the fun things you like to do, and all the goals you have for the future. Don't be negative at all !!! Then write out another paragraph about the kind of girl you like. Should she be fun ? outgoing ? have goals ? have some of the same interests ? things like that.

What you have written about the first date is good for you. I think if you get rid of the negative stuff and write 2 nice positive paragraphs you will see a big difference. I know it is hard sometimes to write all this stuff, but you can do it !!! It will be worth it when you find that great girl to go out with !!! I hope this helps you out. Let me know if you have any other questions, I would be glad to help you thru it !! Good Luck.!!

Sweet
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/31/2008 5:47:59 PM
Artzy,

Good deal !!! hope it works out for you !!! Glad to help. Sweet
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/31/2008 5:54:14 PM
Vic

Well I got faith in ya, you can do this. Let me know when you have made your changes in your profile. I would love to see the new project !!! I understand about the camera, my problem is I have the camera just no one to take the pics !!! I live way out in the country and picture takers are far and few in between !!!! I try to update my pics every month !!!! Take care of yourself and keep the faith !!!!
Sweet
 VicinSA
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/31/2008 5:58:57 PM
My profile is re-written now. Thanks for all you're advice.

Vic
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/31/2008 6:47:39 PM
Funnygal ,

Well I really don't see much wrong with your profile except you need to write more in it. I would write a nice paragraph about yourself . Tell them all about you and what you like and have to offer a relationship. Also you need to write a nice paragraph about the kind of man you are searching for. What should he be like, and what he should be able to offer a relationship. Give them something to think about to convence them that you are the one for them and have so much to offer !!!! Show them that you are a fun person to be with and have a lot of interest's !!

You are a very pretty lady and I like your pics. You should add at least 1 full body pic and a couple more to show off your personality and things you enjoy doing !! You should have no problem having guys slamming you with emails and offers !!! You just need to tell them more !!!! It's a dog eat dog world out there and we really have to sell ourselves on here. Humor is always a good thing to add in !! I hope this helps you out. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!! Sweet
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/1/2008 4:12:55 AM
DoublePoppa,

You have done a great job with you profile. Good for you !!! You have told us all about you and what you are looking for in a lady. !!!! The only thing I can suggest it to get yourself a new main pic. The one you are using is not good because it is dark and fuzzy !!!! Get you a nice clear one and it will be a winner for you. You are a really cute guy and you need to put that out there !!! Also maybe a couple more pics of just you !! Show off that other side of you other than the life of the crowd. Show the ladies you also have a serious side to you and you show in your profile. Good luck in your search !!! you will make some nice lady a lucky lady to get you !!!!
Sweet
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/1/2008 4:19:15 AM
Nikki2987,

Girl you don't need my help, you have put together a really good profile !!! You put it out there as to who you are and what you are looking for. I only have one suggestion. I would consider removing your 4th picture, the cleavage shot !!! You are a really cute girl and you don't need that pic to hook you a guy. It will probably work against you and find you the wrong type of guy. !!!! Your pics show off all your personality and your looks, so dump that pic, you dont truly need it !!!!! Good luck in your search !!!!

Sweet
 VicinSA
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/1/2008 5:45:00 AM
Ok, Sweet. I'm ready for another review.

Thanks,
Vic
 rdcnorm
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/1/2008 9:13:48 AM
Sweet & Sassy
Young lady I enjoyed reading your review, I certainly do appreciate your input. It took some time to thank you, I wasn't sure if I was going to just say thank you, or give explanations on why I wrote the profile the way I did,, well as you can see,, I'm explaining, I think it's only fair because you took the time to write a review, I should take the time to explain, all good,, OK.. (smile)

You read my profile almost exactly how I wanted a mature woman to look at me, The only exception would be my opening,, It's true, far from flattering, it may show some negativity/ poor experiences,, That was not my intent, The interesting thing is,, I have not had any bad experiences, nor am I negative, I haven't met a woman yet I haven't liked.
It's long term I'm looking for. Sugar coating never worked for me,, honesty always has,, yes, I agree,, sometimes brutal honesty my not be the way to achieve what we are looking for.. however,, believe it or not I have reduced the number of unwanted emails considerably by what I have written,, yet,, just yesterday, I received 12 new ones,, that might be considered a good day, if volume is what I'm after, but still, all but one were of a quality woman. (meaning 11 were good)..
The one that was bad,, asked if I wanted to get laid regularly, her words,, LOL,, but true

I do agree with putting age restrictions in my mail setting,, however, I already weeded out most by the main opening in my profile,, that said,, just by chance,, if a mature 32 yr old woman should contact me, over looking my intro,, seeing through that crap,, she would be more likely a possibility..seeing beyond that.. then I have achieved what I strive to do..
(just a note my opening is humor as well as fact, some don't get it, some do,, I want the woman that does)

You also mentioned my my picture, and others,, Thank you for your kind words, Personally I have a preference for the existing picture, (I think that is my sexist, don't know why just do) I do mix it up every now and then.
Yet in good morals, I couldn't remove the date,, if it wasn't there that would be one thing,, but in knowing that I did,, I would feel I was being deceptive,,

Your hint is right on the money,, I do agree. My profile states what I want and desire, therefore,, a shy woman is not it,,, I love a woman who can step up to the plate, go for what she wants,, I find that quality very attractive,, she is, to me a woman who has lived life,, expressed her self though life and is willing to take a risk, based on life's experiences,, I could go on and on.. but I'll leave that alone,, I'm sure this is getting quite boring by now,,

I do agree with the delete button as well, yet if some one takes the time to write me, I feel a response is always a good thing,, yet responding can be difficult at times..

Again I would like to thank you very much for the time you spent, Oh all is not lost,, I am considering, changing some wording, to soften the profile shock, and changing the lay out,,

Warm wishes,,, Norm
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:01:20 PM
Greg,

I absolutely LOVE it !!!! I think it is a definate 10!!!!! It is so nice and passionate it gave me chills to read it !!! If we lived in the same town I would chase you down and keep you forever !!! You are a catch my friend !!!!!

You know I appreciate everything and anything !! Thats how my momma raised me !! I work in a womens state prison and every day I try to teach the girls to appreciate what you have, even though it may not be much it is something !!! There is always someone that has less. I have clinically died 3 times so far, but for some reason God brings me back. I am not quite sure for what, but each day I just do what I can to help everyone that I can. It just brings such warmth to my heart, I just cant tell you. Anyway enough of that musshy stuff..lol...

By the way HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!

I wish you all the love and luck in the world that you can handle. Please stay in touch. you are welcome to email me on my profile and then I will give you my personal email if you like !!! Sweet xox
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:08:57 PM
Norm,

thanks for responding back to me. Hey all I got to say is if your profile is working for you then heck, why change it !!!! lol...You just seem like such a nice guy that I hate to read all that stuff you have written, but I can see what you are trying to accomplish. I wish you a lot of luck in your search and I truly hope you find your perfect lady !! I really do !!! By the way I do like your main pic, don't get me wrong !! lol

Sweet
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:18:06 PM
Vic,

Well I can see that you have taken out a lot of the bad stuff and replaced it with some good positive stuff. Thats a great improvement !! However, in my opinion it is still way to long !!! It just seems to just keep going on and on.

I still think you should pick out the best parts that mostly describe you, and put it in a nice paragraph. Then do another paragraph describing the lady you are searching for !!!
The way it is written right now is very hard on the eyes. There are just so many sentences I get lost. Maybe try to start deleting a sentence at a time that is not so important to say at this time. Then once you get a lot of them gone, make what is left into a paragraph.

Hope my comment does not stress you, but I am giving you my honest opinion !!!

Sweet
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:20:23 PM
Jerd2300,

You are very welcome, I am glad that I was able to help you out. I took a peek at you new profile and I love it. It looks great. I love all the canges you made. I hope this works out for you, I think it will!!!! You did a good job. !!!! Good luck and I hope your special lady pops into you life very soon !!!!!

Sweet
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:31:00 PM
FunnyGal,

I love what you did with the profile. You wrote some great stuff.!! I also love the new pics, they are gonna do wonders for you !!!! I am so glad to help you out !! hope your prince charming rides into your life very soon. You seem like a really sweet lady and a nice catch for some lucky guy !!! Take care.

Sweet
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:45:27 PM
catiemarie,

I actually like your profile and what you have written. I have a couple suggestions though !! lol.. I would take the first paragraph that you have written and combine it together the the next 3 sentences that are by themselves. That would make a nice looking paragraph.

Then I would delete the following sentences : The one telling about not enjoying partying and clubs (both of those sentences), and also the one about you leaving Michigan one day. I think those sentences have kind of a negative feel to them and may scare some potential guys from contacting you.

Other than that, I really like your profile. You put it out there and said who you are and what you like and want out of life. You also did great on describing the type of guy you want and expect in a relationship. Good job Girl !!!!! Good luck in your search and I will be looking forward to seeing your pics. Make sure you put in at least 1 full body pic !!!!Take care.
Sweet
 VicinSA
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:50:59 PM
Hey Sweet,

Do you know how long it took Michaelangelo to paint the Sestine Chapel? I haven't gotten anywhere near that much time invested. So, no stress yet.

Thanks,
Vic
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:06:50 PM
TheMark85,

I think you actually have a good profile. You just need to make a couple changes. I can see exactly just why you have not been getting a lot of responces and we can fix that right now !!!!!

I really like your pic, but you need a few more of them. Take some pics that show off your terrific personality, and make 1 of them a full body shot !!! You are a cutie and you need to show the girls some more pics..!!

You definately need to put something in your :"do you smoke " section. You have "prefer not to say", and that is not good to ever put that anywhere. Answer the question if you smoke or not. Most ladies will click right past a profile that answers "perfer not to say " on anything !!!!

There are a few words in your description of you, that you should really remove, they just have a very negative feel to them. They are "kinda dorky" and "kinda evil " . These kind of statements are just to negative and most ladies will click by you when they read them. Always only make positive comments about yourself !!!!!

Also in your last sentence you wrote something like "If something happens its cool, but you are not expecting anything to happen anyway" PLEASE delete that sentence. that is EXACTLY why nothing is happening with you !!!! you have predicted your destiny !!!! that is a very very negative statement. You should write something very positive to end your profile !!!!

I think if you make these few easy changes your luck will change !!!! You seem like a really nice guy and has a lot to offer a special lady. Make your changes and reap the rewards !!!! I hope this helps you out and good luck !!!!

Sweet
 VicinSA
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:18:54 PM
Hey Sweet,

I'm BAAACK!!!! Please take another look.

Vic
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:33:19 PM
Icysparks,

Well Girl you have your work cut out for you here !!! lol..
I would change your main pic to your 4th pic which is the 2nd one from the right !! It is better for your main pic. You might want to work on getting some better pics. Maybe dress us a little and show some more of your personality in them. !!

You need to write what your profession is in that category, not what you have writte in "Got 1". Not good, don't make the guys guess. !!

I read all thru your profile and in just about every other sentence you have made a very neagtive statement about yourself. In between all those statements you have some really good things to say positive about yourself. You need to either delete it all and start over with nothing but POSITIVE things to say about yourself, or just read thru and delete anyting that sounds negative.

Below is your profile that I have copied and pasted and made changes, so read over it and see what you think !!! I think if you post what I have corrected below then you will see a big change in your responces. Do you see how different it reads from how you wrote it ??? positive huh ??? lol... hopefully this will help you out !!! Good luck and make some positive changes like I show below !!

Sweet

I'm a hopeless romantic. Guys tell me I am different than most women(in a good way of course). I have a passion for reading and music. Love the outdoors, swimming camping, fishing. Love to play pool . Curling up with a good movie, grilling out, a night out on the town. Dancing in the rain. I love thunderstorms .

I'm looking for friends to hang out with or more if it happens along the way. Looking for a guy who can carry on a conversation, and keep my mind stimulated. Laugh, joke and play around. Honesty is a big for me. Must have no drama and very few issues. Also must be willing to make time getting to know each other, even if it is just friends.
If I have peaked your curiousity then I would love to hear from you. There is so much more to me than just these few words. Hope to hear from you soon.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Would love to help you out with your profile