Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Would love to help you out with your profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SWEET - N - SASSY GIRL 4U
Msg: 51
Would love to help you out with your profilePage 3 of 55    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Ok Vic,
This is my version of your profile. I copied and pasted your entire profile and made the changes I think needed to be made. Below is the finished product. !!! I think this would be a great profile for you to post. It is direct and to the point but not boring or annoying. It is sweet and simple. I think it would work great for you !!! Let me know what you think !!!!!
Sweet

Ok, let’s get the not so fun stuff out of the way. Yes, I am seperated. I am just waiting on the divorce to be final. I have no control over that, but hopefully it won't be long !!

I’m at a good place in my life right now. I know who I am. I know what I like and don’t like. Also, I have a very good idea what I want. I want to learn to dance —will you teach me? I want to explore this great land. You too? Great!! Let’s hop in the ol’ 65 Mustang and GO!!!! Don’t worry I’m pretty good mechanic. I am lovable. I am an honest person. I live my life with integrity. I don’t lie, even if it hurts. I’d rather have the truth be known, then try to cover my tracks. I believe that chivalry is not dead. I treat others with the respect they deserve, and be forgiving when I don’t always receive it in return. I have a sense of humor. I can laugh at anything. I also see beauty in everything. I am an eternal optimist. The glass is half full and I know where the water fountain is! My faith is an integral part of who I am.

Well, of course, you’re beautiful. But your physical beauty is just reflection of your inner beauty. I want a woman who is beautiful all the way to the bone. You’re vivacious, and love living life. You’re confident, and not afraid to “stand up” to me. You’re not afraid to tell me when I’m wrong, or pick me up and dust me off when I fall down. You’re my partner, my best friend, my soul mate. You’re the one I long to come home to, the one I live and strive for. You’re my best and happiest thought.
Msg: 52
Would love to help you out with your profile
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:53:56 PM
The mark,

YEAHHHHHH great changes. Good Job !!!! I love the new pics. But I would go back to the main pic you had before. The red and black outfit. That is really a GREAT pic of you !!!!! It is close up and clear and really cute !!!!! Just my opinion, but I thinnk it is a great pic of you !!!
I hope the changes will work good for you. Your profile seems like a totally new profile with just those couple changes. Good Luck and I can feel your lady is just around the corner !!!!!
Sweet
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:59:12 PM
Greg,

You hang in there. Love pops around when you least expect it and are not looking for it !!!!! I will pray for you that God will send you a very special lady. !!! There is a winner for you right around the corner I can tell.
Ya know, you should put a different main pic up. When you put a new pic up then it looks like you are a new user and they all start looking at your profile all over again. maybe someone that looked at it before will now look at it in a whole new light. If you have a nice clear recent good pic of you, put it up !!!! It works for me !!! lol... chat wiht you later. Im gonna get some zzzzz'sss.

Sweet
 VicinSA
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/1/2008 8:07:11 PM
I would have gotten there, eventually.....

Thanks for all your help. I can use this right?

Vic
 VicinSA
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/1/2008 8:10:51 PM
By the way you write like Earnest Hemingway!! Short, sweet, and to the point.

Vic
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/2/2008 4:24:13 AM
Vic,

You are to funny. Yes me love you may use what I ahve written, that is what I hoped you would do. lol...I am very happy to help you out. I hope it works out for you and you fnd that special lady for you. !! Good luck and let me know how it works !!!

Sweet
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/2/2008 4:26:36 AM
Greg,

Make sure when you put the new main pic on it has a nice big beautiful smile !!! Ladies love a great smile. I have to say that one of the great people on thread reminded me to tell you this, (thanks norm)... ((((((SMILE))))))

Sweet
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/2/2008 4:28:52 AM
Nikki,

You are so very welcome, I am so glad to help you out. You seem like such a really sweet girl and I hope you find a wonderful guy for your own !!!! Good luck and let me know how it all works out !!!!
Sweet
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/2/2008 2:41:16 PM
Icysparks,

sweetie you are so welcome. That is what this thread is all about, having another set of eyes see what you don't. I am very glad to help you and I will be looking forward to seeing the new pics and profile !! have a great evening.
Sweet
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/2/2008 2:45:46 PM
greg,

I love the new pic, it is much happier looking. I also like the other changes you made. The all look like winners !! Hope they bring you lots of new luck. You are so very welcome and thank you for also being so kind. I appreciate kind people. Email me anytime. Keep me up with how you are doing also !!!

Sweet
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/2/2008 3:14:18 PM
spaceace,

I think you have written some good stuff about yourself and what you are looking for. Now I would take your last sentence about the lady you are searching for and break it off from that paragraph. Then continue to write a little more about what kind of lady you are searching for and what should she be able to offer a relationship with you. Then you would have 2 nice paragraphs.

I would also remove all of your pics but the one titled "Formal times". For now I would use that as your main pic. You have a terrific smile in that pic. I don't like to see pics that have people's faces blacked out !!! just doesn't look right especially as your main pic. The halloween pic is just not the right pic for your profile especially if you are one of the people in it, which I think you are !! lol.. I would get you some more pics showing off your personality. One of them should be a full body pic. Go outside and have some fun and take some fun pics.

I think if you make these changes, especially the pics, your luck will change !!! You have a great start to a great profile. You are a cute guy so you need to get some good pics to show that off !!!! Good luck and I hope this helps you out !!

Sweet
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/2/2008 3:36:06 PM
Hash55

First off I see there is a lot of words not spelled correctly. In your headline "looking for a friend" you have friend misspelled. You need to correct that. Ladies seem to notice every word that is not spelled correctly.

Also you definately need to get you some pics. A profile that has no pics will be clicked by much more often then when it has a pic. So work on that as soon as possible. make sure one of your pics is a full body shot. Make your main pic a close up and with a big smile !!!

You need to write 1 nice paragraph all about you and what you enjoy and what you are looking for in a relationship. Now if you are only searching a "friend" then make that clear in your profile. If you are searching for more, than at least change your profile to say you are looking for "dating", or "long Term". I will give you a hint """most ladies on here are NOT looking for friends, they are looking for "long term" .

You also need to write a nice paragraph all about the type of lady you are searching for, if it is more than a friend. What kind of lady should she be, and what kind of things she should enjoy and so forth.

Below I copied and pasted what you wrote in your profile and I have made the proper spelling corrections. I also changed the way you wrote it a little. If you like it you may use it in your profile. You need to add a little more about yourself and about the lady you are searching for. Like what kind of sports you enjoy, and what kind of movies do you like. Make it more informative, and a little humor is also good. In the lady's section tell her just what you are looking for !!!
Let me know when you are done, if you makes any changes. I would love to see the finsihed product. Hope this helps you out and Good Luck !!!!

Sweet

I am A fun loving, easy going and charitable man. I have a wide ranging sense of humor . I like to travel. I enjoy music and play a variety of sports. I enjoy quiet nights in watching a good movie. I am A reasonable communicator.

I'm looking for a like minded lady, who is honest and kind. Someone that enjoys, if not the same things as i do, Than similar would be nice.
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/2/2008 3:51:07 PM
Vancouvergal,

You must be getting slammed with email's, you are very beautiful !! You have some good things written about you in your profile. I really love all your pics, they are great !! When I read it though, I get the feeling that if I were A guy reading it, that you might not have much time for me !!!

Your very first line is " The most important thing in my life is spending time with my friends and family, laughing and having a good time." If I were a guy reading this I would think, well that does not leave much time for me !!! You then write at the end about the 70 books that you have listed to read. That also will take up a lot of your time. I would rewrite your profile and not put those type of things in it !!.. I would just write the things you enjoy and would enjoy doing with a nice guy.

Then I would write a nice paragraph about the guy you are searching for. What should he be like and so forth.

I might also change your email age limits from 23 to 33, to maybe 21 thru 33. There may be a sexy 21 or 22 year old guy out there dying to email you but he can't because the is 1 or 2 years to young !!!

I wish you luck in your search. These guys out there must be crazy to be passing you by !!! Well Good luck anyway !! lol...

Sweet
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/2/2008 4:05:12 PM
wonderingmind,

Well wonder no more lol...Your main problem, and it is a big one, is the you are SEPERATED... That is a nasty word to most ladies. Any lady looking for a realtionship will never consider being with a married man. You have given no explination as to your situation, like are you in a divorce or anything !!!! I would add into your profile just what your situation is, in a short sentence. By saying nothing, we just assume nothing is happening !!!

Then, I would write 1 paragraph just about you and who you are, and what you like to do for fun !! Then write a paragraph about the lady you are searching for. What kind of girl you like and activities you would enjoy with her.

Also in your profession space, Please write in what you do for a living, Don't write "HAVE ONE ". A lot of ladies will click by you when they read that. Just tell us what you do, simple !!
I would put a nice close up pic, with a nice smile, of you on also., and use it as your main pic. It's kind of weird but you look totally different in your 2 pics. Maybe its the haircut, lol...i dont know. !! anyway, I would make these suggested changes and maybe your luck will change for the good.
Good Luck and I hope this helps you out !!

Sweet
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/2/2008 4:24:28 PM
Hazzi,

First off your main problem is that you are "SEPERATED". which means you are married. I know your profile says you are looking for firneds, but it does say "initially". I think you need to write a brief comment as to what your sitaution is. Are you in a divorce or what ?? Let the ladies know what your situation is.

You have written some good thing about yourself but some comments are very negative, and I think you should delete them. One of them is "im no oil painting or good looker but hearts in right place i just wish people would see me instead of how i look on the outside." I understand what you are trying to say, but it still comes off as negative. You should only say positive things about yourself.
You should have a nice paragraph written all about just you and who you are. What do you do for fun and all that. Then a paragraph all about the lady (or friend) that you are searching for.

Below I have copied and pasted your profile and made some changes. See if you like it. If you do then use it. Then write a paragraph like it about your lady. !!

Im looking to make new friends intially. I enjoy having a good old chat and maybe have a few laffs. I enjoy going out for a coffee or lunch. I also enjoy shopping and sightseeing. I am a very sincere man with his heart in the right place. I am not A superficial man, I see beauty from within.

Now you need to write a paragraph about who you are searching for !!!
Hope this helps you out. Good Luck !!!
sweet
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/2/2008 6:22:04 PM
spaceace,

I really like the changes you have made. looks like a great profile now. I like the new pic.. work on getting a few more pics to show off the sweet personality you have. Glad I could be of help to you. Good Luck !!!

Sweet
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/2/2008 6:28:10 PM
Brianwill,

I think you have a nice profile. It is right to the point and says all it needs to say. The only suggestion I have is to get a few more pics. Make sure the new ones show off a nice smile. You are a nice looking guy so you need to show off your personality a little more. The ones you have on now seem a little serious. Girls love a nice smile. If you get a nice close up smiley one, use it as your main pic.
Good luck in your search. Have a nice evening.

Sweet
 js4ltr
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:14:49 AM
ok, please give mine a look-thanks
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/3/2008 3:50:27 PM
Hi Greg,

well you should hang in there a little while longer.!! You have only had your new profile a few dyas. Why don't you try and get you a really neat new pic. Something really fun and crazy !! Go outside and do something fun and crazy and have someone take a pic of you. Show off your personality.... maybe a totally different kind of pic may change things.. make sure you have a BIG smile or are laughing !!! Juat a thought but maybe it would be a winner for you !!!!
Sweet
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/3/2008 3:52:20 PM
hazzi,

you are very welcome. Hope you make some good changes and they work out for you !!!

Sweet
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:01:29 PM
js4ltr,

I think your profile is just fine. You put it out there as to your likes and dislikes. Also the type of lady you are looking for and what her likes should be. You might want to get a few more pics of you showing off your personality, but not drinking !! lol..

Also you might want to find a more original headline other than the one you have " any fish in the sea " A little corney and not very original. I have faith in you that you can come up with something a little more original !! lol..

Good luck in your search and I hope you find a nice lady to go with you on all those wine tasting adventures !!!!

Sweet
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:09:22 PM
sparklyshell,

I am not quite sure just what your headline means, but maybe others will !!! lol..You are a very pretty girl, and I like your pics. I would maybe put a few more pics of just yourself up. At least one of them should be a full body pic.

My other suggestion is to take all that you have written so far and put it all together into 1 nice paragraph. Then I would write a nice paragraph all about the guy you are searching for. What kind of guy should he be and what interests should he have. Right now you have nothing written to say just what kind of guy you are looking for and just what you want. All that is wriitten so far is about you. Let the guys know what you are searching for !!!

Hopefully my suggestions help you. Good luck in your search. !!

Sweet
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:23:50 PM
sparklyshell,

you are very welcome and I hope the changes work for you!! You are a very pretty girl and I am sure that some nice guy would be very greatful to have a lady like you. !!! Good Luck. Sweet
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:44:21 PM
Outdoorguy,

First off I love your headline, very original and funny. I would suggest to get rid of your main pic, as you stated above it lol.. it is not a good pic especially for your main pic. I would replace it with your 3rd pic which is titled "extreme closeup". It is a good pic of you with a nice smile.

You profile is a little to long, and long winded !! You don't want to stress out the ladies with all that stuff to read. I have copied and pasted your profile and made a lot of changes. I think it would be a winner for you. Take a look at it below and see what you think. If you like it use it !!! I hope I have helped you and Good luck with your search.

Sweet

I am a university student studying environmental sciences. I have an associate degree in environmental studies . I plan to start my own business or work for the government upon graduation. I play hockey, coach hockey, and have a passion for the outdoors. I go gold panning to various secret spots every so often, and yes I find gold! I also love to hike. My favorite hike is the third peak of the Chief. I also enjoy Stamp collecting as a hobby, which I recently took up. I recently joined the Royal Philatelic Society of Canada. Poutine is one of my favourite foods, I eat it every so often and love it every time! I am a huge fan of dogs. I enjoy reading, both fiction and non-fiction. My favorite color is blue and my favorite sport is hockey, but rugby comes in a close second. I'm not into clubs, but pubs are good times. I play bass in a metal band, and am huge into metal, but I also like folk music (Great Big Sea, Stompin Tom Conners, Arrogant Worms etc.), some country and some classical music as well. I also enjoy some tecno. My hair is currently pretty long, and I have a quite large beard. I have been growing both since last year and am going to be shaving them both off to raise money for cancer sometime in the next couple of months, so I hope you aren't too focused on them.

I am looking for a woman who is fun, intelligent and spontaneous. A lady who is optimistic and have a zest for life. Someone who can carry on an in depth conversation. A positive person that enjoy's having some good wholesome fun! Someone who love's spending time in the outdoors. Someone who might enjoy hiking, camping, walking, running, sking etc. But also hanging out at home every now and then. Most importantly, a lady who value's loyalty, honesty, hard work and integrity.

If you're interested send me a message! I once stared down a brown bear from 20ft away, I'm sure you're much more pleasant and not nearly as likely to bite!
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:58:11 PM
Zeeba,

I like your pics they are very nice. Maybe a few more to show off your nice personality may be nice !!!

You have not written very much that say's much at all. I would suggest to write yourself 2 paragraphs. One all about just you, and what you do for fun. What kind of things you can offer a relationship. What you like and dislike. Make this all about you !!
Then write the next paragraph all about him !! what kind of man you like and what should he be able to offer a relationship. What should his interests be ? and so forth.

This should give you a nice well rounded profile with all the information a man will need to know. Hopefully that will give you some nice responces from some nice men. I hope my suggestions will help you out and Good Luck in your search.

Sweet
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Would love to help you out with your profile