Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ShadowLands
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Going to dinner with a vaccuum cleaner.Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

The night ended badly of course with him stating that I just had a low libido, and angry with my rejection of his advances.

Should have told him it had nothing to do with your libido and everything to do with his cardiologist needing to see him.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 10
Going to dinner with a vaccuum cleaner.
Posted: 3/31/2008 9:37:05 AM

The relatives of my ex husband were like this. They all had weight problems. When the entire family would go out, they would always go to a big buffet because you just didn`t get a big enough serving in a regular restaurant to fill you up. Can you believe it?

I wrap most meals and eat them for the next two days. To each his own I guess.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 10:31:52 AM
Merry this is just disgusting.
No you are not being judgemental at all.
He is a pig regardless of his size, his manners are horrible and I would have been mortified, especially in a 5 star resaurant.

Bad Manners are a deal breaker for me. It is a huge turn off when a guy eats like a horse (or Vaccuum) especially hunching over his plate and shoveling it in, or eats huge amounts of food. He never wipes his mouth or talks with his mouth full. Oh and don't get me started about blowing your nose at the table.

I am a big girl but actually don't eat large amounts and I never have.
It's all about my metabolism and after I had my kids mine slowed down dramatically.
I know I have to get moving to change that so I have been working out and walking the beach and have lost 30 pounds so far.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with expecting a man to have decent manners.
 _JAFO_
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/31/2008 11:42:25 AM
OP: I admire the way you skewed the events of the night. I've enjoyed reading alot of your posts. But -- WOW -- this one shocks me coming from YOU.

I don't see the purpose of why you'd flame this man on the internet. It serves no purpose except to show how you are willing to take from someone and in return bad mouth them. Why would you write something so mean about another person publicly? It's just in bad taste.

Fact: He took you to the four seasons on the first date. (your words)
Fact: You overlooked his weight because you don`t want to be so superficial. (your words)

My take? You knew the guy was loaded and overlooked his weight problem in hopes that he would pony up to some expensive outings.

Fact: The bigger the wallet the taller the man.
Fact: The bigger the wallet the more handsome the man is.
Fact: The biggest wallet trumps everything.

Ask ANY wealthy man. He CAN get any woman he wants. Money talks.

He may have disgusted you--while you politely ate that five star meal--but I assure you that whatever happened between you two had nothing to do with his feasting. Something upset you that you're not discussing.
 _JAFO_
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/31/2008 1:15:48 PM
All I'm saying OP is that if you were truly offended by his eating habits and as you said wanted to be a gracious guest and not interrupt the dinner by leaving, why on earth would you go home with him?

There's more to the story you're not telling. The ONLY reasonable conclusion I could come up with is that -- as you stated -- he was wealthy. DID you sell yourself to the highest bidder in an attempt to enjoy his lifestyle with him?

If you were truly offended by this fellow you would have ended the date ASAP in a gracious ladylike manner.

But...

YOU CONTINUED THE DATE AND WENT HOME WITH HIM.

Unless you're a gold digger -- which I don't believe you are -- there's MORE to the story you're not telling.
 Theonly1!
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/31/2008 1:18:49 PM
I would have loved to sit across from someone who did that... I would not have been as polite I'm sure.
 minervablu
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/31/2008 1:19:43 PM
Why did you go back to his place anyway?

No, don't feel bad; the guy is a pig and apparently has an drinking problem.

Maintain your standards... you're worth it
 BIGLOUMARINI
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/31/2008 1:43:10 PM
Feel sorry for you, even sorrier for that guys toilet.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 2:01:40 PM
While I read this, I couldn’t help but think of Mr. Creosote from Monty Python’s “The Meaning of Life”

Maitre d': Good evening sir and how are we today?
Mr. Creosote: Better.
Maitre d': Better?
Mr. Creosote: Better get a bucket. I'm gonna throw up.

OMG I was thinking the same thing too.....I believe then it's "BRING ME A BUCKET!" he screams it then. Oh, that is so funny to me. But it was pretty sick when he explodes. These brits have quite the warped sense of humor.

And Merry in your defense didn't he drive so you had to go back to his place to get your car anyway? So you stayed for a bit, no big deal.
Why are you guys flaming her for this?
The guy was a pig, she tried to give him a chance which I think is admirable. Sometimes other things suck you in and then you realize there are deal breakers that no amount of money makes up for.
These were hers.
Bad Manners is one of mine too.
:~()
Deb
 ________
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/31/2008 2:34:54 PM
How does someone like that guy even get an email -- never mind a date!!!!
 ladyc4
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/31/2008 2:53:34 PM

Ask ANY wealthy man. He CAN get any woman he wants. Money talks.

jafo, with all due respect, your ass may be for sale to the highest bidder...but mine AIN'T. In this particular situation I wouldn't have cared if the guy had more money than Donald Trump. His excessive ALCOHOL consumption would have been a complete turn off too me, and OP, why in the WORLD did you go to his place afterward?
Cindy O
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/31/2008 2:55:30 PM
And OPie, nothing in any conversation, email, IM, etc., gave you any warning? Perhaps it's just me, but I take a pretty long time usually to get to the meeting. And so far, no real surprises. Well, one, a sociopath, but I'll defend myself on that one in that they are *very* good at what they do, lol! Still, even he was in/out in a month (which would seem to be lightening fast for sociopath detection).

I guess if one were bored, one could just take on all comers, and see what happens. . . . Makes for lots of new threads, a happening to be devoutly wished for.

ThanX!!!
 SueCat51
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 3:41:54 PM
OP - I agree with you, this would be a deal breaker. I would view being with this guy with as much enthuisiasm as eating anchovies, with some hairs tossed in them He's a food junkie. He looks to food for comfort. You can't fix him, you can't change him. If you aren't comfortable with the way he treats himself, it's time to move on. BTW - if he treats himself this shabby, why would it be any different in the way he could possibly treat you?
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/1/2008 4:06:55 AM
OP: You just described in perfect detail why I don't date heavy women. It's a lifestyle choice and their lifestyle and belief system doesnt match with mine and this always causes conflicts.

In any relationship of unequals, one person either has to improve or the other has to sink down but eventually there must be equality... and when one refuses to rise and the other refuses to sink you have turmoil and constant power struggles.

You see this not just with the healthy vs overweight but with the neat freak vs slob, the punctual vs always late, the active vs lazy, the extrovert vs introvert... why fight those battles.
 Boatguy109
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:49:28 AM
Bet that guy would have been like a dog growling at your hand if you would have reached for just one stick of the butter for your roll....Thats where some guys with money impress with dinner and not personality and from looks of it you both would have to make killer money not for future fun dates but to supply his eating habits....I think with some people eating is like a drug addiction and as they get bigger they never admit they have a problem and are cool..
 Boatguy109
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/1/2008 12:18:41 PM
yep I agree with fun critter don't worry about negetive responses....Actually I thought it made you a pretty sweet woman to give that guy so many chances to show a different side of him that might have had some positive. I do and try to do same thing..I don't try to be so shallow that I judge someone on the spot till I see if its was just nerves or envirement making them be themselves. Plus even with the bad things with him eating I am sure it was adventure and memory that you would not have got if you did not continue on to his house with him. Think about it if you would not had went to his house with him you would not have the story to tell I enjoyed hearing. So you did nothing wrong but lived a adventure for a night and was trooper thru the entire night and did not bail....If you would have you would be silent right now and not have great story to share with good people...so keep on being adventurous thats what life is regardless if was right move in anyone elses eyes...its still your adventure!.....Great story girl!
 gucci8
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 4:38:44 PM
ladyc4....... I laughed till I cryed.. This Lady it's complaning ABOUT EVERYTHING>> but still goes to his PLACE????? The Women it's 48 years Old. Hmmm. I guess Money does Talks and Talks.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:13:16 PM

When the entire family would go out, they would always go to a big buffet because you just didn`t get a big enough serving in a regular restaurant to fill you up. Can you believe it?

Good God! If anything, I find restos these days to be giving such huge portions that I can get 2 or 3 meals out of them if I take the rest home with me.

There's one place I go to for lunch now and then for a treat. It's all japanese noodles, some veggies and meat... the stuff's called yakisoba... It never ever fails that I get 3 lunches out of it.

I'm with many of the other posters though.. Why on earth go to his place if it was truly so terrible for you?
 gucci8
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 3:24:09 AM
merry, enough already!!!!!!!!!! Let it go OK>>>>>> Please
 Celticmist
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/2/2008 8:15:19 AM
I want one of those circus mirrors he's obviously using!
 ladyc4
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/2/2008 10:23:57 AM

Sorry, I just don`t like being suffocated and smushed.

then there's the "d*cky do" issue; his belly sticks out further than his d*cky do...
Cindy O
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/2/2008 6:53:38 PM
If I had a date that chowed down like that and did notpay attention to me I would have left. Ddi you do anything to start the conversation? That is pretty bad. no conversation, drunk and then complains about his weight after eating that much stuff. Now there is going out and pigging out once in a while but that is really disgusting. I tend to chwo down when on dates but I take my time and have a decent conversation. poor eating habbits are a major turn off. This guy sounds like a real pig. But who cares if he was old? People age. And you already knew his age before you went out with hims o you cna;t rag on him for that.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:16:41 PM

I will say to you , that I bet somewhere in your journal of dating adventures, you may have found yourself in a bit of a questionable situation. If you say no, nothing uncomfortable has ever happened, you either haven`t dated very much or you are lying to both me and yourself.

At my age, surprisingly, there have not been many instances, but when they arose... I didn't stick around.. or go back to his place with him.

Fact: The biggest wallet trumps everything.

Probably does a serious wreck job on the guy's pants, too.
 Lucky_Vet
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:22:14 PM
lol!

Rude son of a ****.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >