Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > SAGGING PANTS, crotch at the knees ... Do genitals really go down tha      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jf468
Msg: 26
SAGGING PANTS, crotch at the knees ... Do genitals really go down that far? Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Cotter,

You shouldn't be making broad generalizations about an entire group of people based on some experiences. I have seen ( and personally know ) many people that listen to hip-hop and/or wear baggy clothes. Not all of them do the things that you are describing. Many of them have decent jobs and don't committ crimes. Like some other people have mentioned, a lot of people might dress a certain way because it's the "cool" thing to do.

I also know some trouble makers and punks. Many of them do NOT listen to hip-hop or wear baggy clothes. If some men assumed that all women who dressed a certain way are sluts, then a lot of people would rip that man for making that comment. Same thing applies here.
 cotter
Msg: 27
view profile
History
SAGGING PANTS, crotch at the knees ... Do genitals really go down that far?
Posted: 4/5/2008 9:16:03 AM

Cotter,
You shouldn't be making broad generalizations about an entire group of people based on some experiences.
I relate only that what I see. I can only go on what I experience.

Not all of them do the things that you are describing. Many of them have decent jobs and don't committ crimes.
I'm not saying that all are criminals ... but where I live ... most are.

I will admit ... there is a guy in my own neighborhood who apparently works, but has his late-model car pimped out to the hilt with the big-a$$ woofers ... drives slowly through the neighborhood "BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM" (I guess that's his way of advertising his pimped out car) ... obnoxiously imposing himself on the whole neighborhood. I've seen him out on his deck ... sagging pants and the hip-hop sh!t "BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM" blasting from his house. Thank goodness he lives far enough down the street that I can't hear it at my house, but I will say this ... all the homes on both sides of him and across from him (a total of 7) are for sale. I guess his neighbors have had enough of his crap and just want out.

I went down and asked him if it was absolutely necessary to "BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM" as he passed my house ... asked him if he realized he was imposing that on all of us (DUH stupid question ... right? We know he knows we can hear his sh!t as he drives by.) His answer didn't surprise me ... "I have the right to play anything I want on my car stereo."

When I asked, "So you think that's just fine to impose that on the rest of us whether we want to hear it or not?" His answer ... "I could care less. If you don't want to hear it, shut your doors and windows."

So you see ... that's how we get the impressions we get ... through our interactions with the people who do those things. He could care less that there are noise ordinances here. I personally am not going to turn him in because I am afraid he would vandalize my house or hurt me in some way.

People who do not care about the law and others ... generally do not care about the consequences of breaking the law either. Like I said ...
If you ask me ... if people are judging them ... it's definitely something they are bringing on themselves.
 cotter
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2008 7:02:37 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=14157759
Baggy Pants Ban Signed into Law in Louisiana
Talk of the Nation, September 4, 2007 • Communities from Louisiana to Connecticut are proposing legislation to ban sagging pants as part of their public indecency laws. Louisiana Councilman Lindel Toups talks about the ban on public display of undergarments that was passed into state law last month.

Lindel Toups, councilman in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana; legislation that he proposed to ban the public display of undergarments was enacted into law on August 10.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/newsandviews/2007/08/atlanta_considers_saggy_pants_1.html
Atlanta Considers Saggy Pants Ban
News Headlines: Aug. 23, 2007
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Proposal Would Ban Underwear-Exposing Pants -- "Exposed boxer shorts and thongs would be illegal in any public place in Atlanta if the City Council approves a proposed amendment to the city's indecency laws. The target is young men who wear their pants low off their hips to show off the two pairs of boxers they wear beneath their saggy pants, said Atlanta Councilman C.T. Martin."

I think more and more folks are ready to do somthing about putting a halt to it to a certain extent. I really don't see that any criminal could get very far in the sagging pants ... running does not appear to be an asset to that style ...
 vladtepes97
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2008 8:00:15 PM

The origin of wearing pants down that low comes from prisons. That's right, prisons.

don't they wear jumpsuits?

the wearing of poor fitting cloths is just a sign that they lack education and have no money

that's more accurate. the style really came from the slums where young children often had to wear hand-me-downs from older sibling and even parents, clothes that, naturally, did not fit. some 'image consultant,' also known as 'cool hunters,' saw it, called it 'urban' and sold it far and wide. it's the same as all those other "urban" trends, like wearing caps of famous usa sports teams (yes, i know people have been wearing them for decades, but they didn't become a fashion accessory until rap videos made it cool to wear merchandise from certain teams), or, well, even blues and rock and roll.
 cotter
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 3:37:32 PM
Well, a person can only experience so many sleepless nights and then they start to get to the point that they believe that all "sagging pants, hip-hop car drivers" are totally inconsiderate people.

I'm so sick of them imposing that SH!T on me ... all hours of the day and night. I note that I never hear it early in the AM ... when others are leaving out for work. No doubt they are all still in bed from running around half the doggone night ... BA-BOOM, BA-BOOMING the sleeping citizens.

We might have gone around in sandals and moo-moo dresses not wearing any bras and had long hair to our A$$ (actually I still don't wear a bra and my hair is almost to my butt) ... but when we disturbed a damn neighborhood, it was a freaking farm field out in the middle of nowhere and the BOOM-BOOM coming from the speakers was not in a pimped out car.

At this point ... I could care less about the sagging pants (and if their genitals really droop that far down) if the doggone BA-BOOM, BA-BOOMING could be stopped. Those people are out until all hours of the morning disturbing the sleep of law-abiding citizens who need to work ... pay taxes that in turn support their hip-hop life style of "no work and all play". You'd think they'd at least have the decency to let us sleep so we can actually go to work?

I've seen some of the lyrics of that hip-hop crap and it's so disrespectful ... it's no wonder that the hip-hop junkies are acting that way ... they just don't care about anyone but themselves. That's so SELFISH.

Actually, it's also selfish of them to impose the style on us ... showing off their half-covered A$$es ... no less in front of schools and children at the grocery stores, fast food places. I was at the library recently and a couple of them wanted to go in to vote ... they were told if they couldn't cover themselves appropriately ... they had to stay outside.

They actually managed to pull up their pants long enough to vote. But we couldn't miss them driving up and leaving ... BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM ...
 ~blue eyes~
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/9/2008 3:43:41 PM
"Heavens no ... it's been on the east coast for at least 15 years"

Here on the west coast too.
I do not know why but watchen some kid try to do a beer run while trying to hold his pants up at the same time is pretty funny stuff especially when they wanted the beer so bad he let the pants go....
 northeast25
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:17:29 PM
I have seen plenty of people who wear baggy clothes or listen to hip-hop. Many of them don't do the things ( or at least to the degree ) that some people are describing. Also I have been disturbed by loud music several times. It's not always hip-hop. Sometimes it's rock / heavy metal. Other times it's techno / dance music. I think some people assume that all people from a certain group are X because the ones they know are X. In most cases, that is a false assumption.
 cotter
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2008 6:35:27 AM
"cg789" wrote (message 100) ...
I don't think anyone should make broad generalizations about an entire group based on their experiences.
I understand what you are saying. I don't think that statement takes into consideration just what kind of experience some folks have in this world.

I'm wagering that the poster (cg789) no doubt lives in a very sheltered, peaceful suburb and probably has no clue what it must be like to be kept awake into the wee hours of the AM with that racket ... what it must be like to be sitting peacefully at the computer with a beverage on the table next to you and the "hip-hop BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM" pimped out car cruises slowly by ... the vibrations so intense that your beverage container starts "walking across the table".

I believe that some people lead such sheltered lives that they have no idea what it might be like to live with the noise and disrespect day after day ... night after night ... trying desperately to get some sleep and peace and quiet ... knowing exactly where it's coming from, who is responsible for it.

For those of you who have no idea what I might be referring to ... those of you who can peacefully go through your days and evenings and even nights without being accosted by that SH!T ... I'm overjoyed for you, but that's not part of my life.

I'd probably have a different attitude or point of view if I lived in "LA-LA Land", but many of us have to deal with the thugs and hoodlums of the world on a regular basis and unfortunately ... that's the kind of SH!T they play (hip-hop) ... and that's the way they dress.

If the people who do not act like thugs and hoodlums who listen to hip-hop (quietly, if that's possible) and dress appropriately, do not want such a bad rap, maybe they should get out there and say something to their fellow "hip-hop" brothers. Maybe they should let them know how disappointed they are in their behavior and how bad it makes everyone look.

I do wonder how thrilled "cg789" would be if she had that SH!T going on around her all the time ... all hours of the day and night ... I wonder if she'd be so open-minded about it ... so "objective" about it?
 cotter
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2008 6:10:09 PM

My point is NOT all or most people who listen to hip-hop or wear baggy clothes are thugs.
I'm waiting for someone to come along and prove that one to me ... sort of like seeing is believing?

So far I have yet to meet even one person driving through my community blasting me out of my house who is not a thug or at least acting like one. When they are asked in a nice way to cease and desist, they come with the threats. They even vandalized my car. Such caring and respectful people they are ...
 nipoleon
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2008 2:58:53 AM
Never have anything to do with a man who's IQ is lower than the crotch of his pants.
 northeast25
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/12/2008 7:36:56 AM
My point is NOT all or most people who listen to hip-hop or wear baggy clothes are thugs.

Amen. I listen to hip-hop ( and other types of music ) and I'm not a thug or criminal. Some of my friends listen to hip-hop and they aren't thugs or criminals. People from various racial, social, and economic backgrounds listen to hip-hop. Plenty of teenagers and young adults in middle class and affluent areas ( where there is usually not much crime ) will listen to hip-hop. Like I said before, I have seen many thugs and have heard plenty of people blasting music from their car. Many of these people were not listening to hip-hop or wearing baggy clothes.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/2/2008 1:01:35 PM
I love hip-hop. I also enjoy baggy clothing. Do my jeans go down to my crotch? No. Are they loose and maybe a size too big, often yes, but I keep a belt to keep them on my hips. It's very comfortable, I CANNOT STAND wearing tight jeans that makes my penis feel like it's being smothered to death with a pillow. Part of the reason why I stopped wearing briefs as well.

I guess that is extreme, but I can't really see myself wearing tight jeans, and when I go to work, I often wear dress pants that are baggier and looser, as long as my shirt is tucked in and wearing a belt, it adheres to dress code.
 cotter
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 7:21:11 AM
"good guy75" wrote (message 110) ...
... i can see your private parts atlest you cant see theres.
1. NO ... my "private parts" are not showing. But I will say that a person would see more of me if I was at the beach in a swimming suit ... (Hint ... I can still proudly wear a two piece.)

2. No ... we can't see their private parts ... but we know exactly where they are. They walk around holding onto their "parts" with one hand. They're constantly grabbing at their "parts".

What are they doing? Checking to see if their "Johnson" is still there?

"CanadianBeef" wrote (message 112) ...
It's a style some guys like...and when I say guys I mean teenagers in their late teens.
While I believe you may be mostly right about that, where I live ... there are men in their mid to late 30's involved.

Why are you worried about it OP?
I don't think grown men walking around with their A$$ showing ... hanging onto their "private parts" in front of elementary schools is appropriate. I can't imagine many other mothers/fathers like it either.

Are you dating younger men?
NO, the last time I looked, I'm not dating at all ... much less "younger men".

"life_of_leisure" wrote (message 116) ...
By going to the opposite extreme and looking/dressing as ugly as possible, it's a symbolic statement that he's most definitely not a girl, that he's a man.

It's assertion of masculinity through negation. It has nothing to do with anatomy.
Yes ... we can tell "IT'S" not a girl. Apparently it's considered quite masculine to go around holding onto your "Johnson" as you shuffle-walk along in your baggy pants.

Ya ... that's it ... it's an assertion of masculinity alright ...
 cotter
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 11:20:27 AM
"life_of_leisure" wrote (message 119) ...
I think Cotter should go live amongst the natives for a few years like an anthropologist would and then report back to us.
No need to ... I get cable TV and have seen enough on there to know that not even the natives go around holding onto their "Johnson" or "Gear" as they "swagger" along.

I have also seen that the natives dress appropriately to their culture.
**i.e. if it's socially acceptable for the men to run around with their A$$ hanging out of their pants, then no mother/father would be upset if their child were exposed to it on their way to school or while out playing in the school yard.

**i.e. if it's socially acceptable for the men to run around hanging onto their "Johnson" or "Gear" ... then that would be nothing new to the children either.

But in our society, it's not considered appropriate and there are a number of websites that show some towns are outlawing it. I wish more would do the same.

On the other hand, I see there are fast food chains and even car commercials that are now playing the hip-hop stuff showing people with the baggy saggy pants. I assume it's because they are trying to appeal to that culture. Rally's (Checkers here in Florida) has been doing that for years and now I see that Chrysler is doing it as well. At least they don't show the men grabbing at themselves or holding onto the "Johnson" or "Gear" on TV. But maybe they would if they thought it would sell more fast food or cars.

One of these days I'm gonna get brave enough to stop and ask one of the guys (walking along on the street) if they are afraid of losing their "Johnson" if they let go of it. When I worked in the jail, the juveniles took it a step further. They sported the baggier sizes (if their deputy let them get by with it) and actually had their hand IN their pants ... holding onto their "Johnson" or perhaps "playing with their Gear".

When I saw it and they came up to my medication cart ... I told them to get their hands out of their pants and go wash their hands. In order to get medication, they have to touch medication cups on my medication cart.

I did not want their "Johnson Crud" on my med cart.
 cotter
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 6:49:49 PM
"Girl-Scout" ...
That ostensible law is, in part, potentially unconstitutional, sexually discriminatory, unethical:
Gee I hope not. I'm an adult ... I can look away if I find the "grabbing of the "Johnson" or "Gear" offensive ... AND I can also look away from the public display of underwear.

However, I'm fairly certain that it's pretty perverted for this type of display to be going on in front of young children. If parents act like that in front of their child ... that's their choice and if the children then mock it, I'm sure that down the road ... someone too will eventually ask them why they are walking around like that and hanging onto their "Johnson" or "Gear".

I see the behavior everywhere ... in the mall, on the street, in the stores. These guys who ultimately can't keep their hands off their "Johnson" or "Gear" ... are also touching door knobs, door handles, merchandise in the stores.

What a pleasant thought ... YUK!!!!

Then again, I suppose it's no worse than others who use the bathroom and don't wash their hands either, then go back into the stores and touch the merchandise, etc.
 cotter
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2008 5:32:43 AM
"Girl-Scout" wrote (message 126) ...
People will handle every inch of each other's merchandise anyway-- maybe after-hours, in the beds-and-linens or tools department.
Maybe I wasn't entirely clear enough or I suppose you purposely misunderstood ... they are not grabbing each others' "Johnson" or "Gear" ... that would probably just fall under some sort of "public display of affection" if that were the case. They are fondling / holding onto their own "Stuff" (perhaps even "playing with themselves" as I observed the juveniles doing in the jail).

That's part of what I consider inappropriate for the elementary school children to be watching ... grown men groping and playing with themselves as they walk by the school, as they swagger through the mall, the grocery stores.

I have talked with others who have small children ... believe me they do not appreciate it either.

I'm a rather free-spirited person myself ... certainly not a prude and actually pretty uninhibited ... but if a grown man is going to "play with himself", until he gets the approval of all who are present, he probably needs to be more considerate about where he is while participating in "self satisfaction".

A pleasant thought... Yum. ;)
Hmmm ... a 43-year old man who finds it "Yum" to watch other men fondle and play with themselves. I guess I'm not too surprised. There's not much that surprises me anymore in life ... so a man who enjoys watching other men get "Johnson" off is really no surprise either.

You ARE seeking a long-term relationship with a woman ... right? Well, now you're out of the closet on that one.

"Vancer" wrote ^^^^ ...
The extra crotch space is where to hide the dime bags.
Ya ... I was thinking the same thing myself.
 cotter
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2008 4:10:36 PM
"trailsman5" ...
Does this mean it shrinks over time?
I may be 59 years old, but I do not sport the appropriate equipment in order to give you an honest answer about that. It's been so long since I've had a man in my life that I don't even have that experience to go on either ...

I guess you'll just have to either ask in another thread that addresses that subject or wait until you get old enough. But do let us know ...

"life_of_leisure" ...
"droopy drawers"... I've always referred to the general 'style' as being that hand-me-down, Salvation Army look.
Ya ... I'm fairly familiar with that particular look.

My older sister and my younger sister were both larger than me. So rather than do the double work of taking the hand-me-down pants & shorts in for me and then letting them out again for my younger sister, I pretty much always had to wear anything ... skirts, pants, shorts ... that involved my waistline with a huge safety pin so that they would stay up where they belonged ...

"raphael_adroit_esquire" ...
But they (ghetto thug female types) still wear the giant, oversized pants with the sagging crotch which they even grab periodically whilst doing whatever, albeit not as much as the guys.
Wow ... I don't think I've ever seen any women that fit that description ... they must be hanging out in the really rough areas of town here. I apparently live fairly close by some rough areas and now as a home health nurse, I get to some of the rougher areas, but have never really seen the girls out and about with the guys who are dressed in the Sagging Pants I describe in the OP.
 cotter
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2008 6:30:51 PM
"Tridigee " ...
I guess they either trip over their own pants, or it's just really hard to run well when you're pulling up your pants every third step.
Probably neither. It's just really hard to run when you can't get your knees apart.

I'm of the age when we weren't allowed to wear slacks to school and the style back then was the "tight" skirt also known as the "wiggle" skirt. In order to run in one (which was considered very un-lady-like), we had to hike it up above mid-thigh or we'd fall on our faces ... So very grateful back then for the mini-skirt. Only problem was ... we weren't allowed to wear them to school.

But after I graduated ...

I'd say that's what it's like to run in those pants ... the legs are constricted. If they don't pull the pants up ... they're not gonna get far without falling on their face.
 cotter
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2008 2:21:07 PM

... what are they "hanging on to" down there?
I think we found out in one of the other threads I've been posting in ...

These guys have those BOOMING car stereos ... and one of the guys said he turns up his "trance" as loud as he can ... it's a "turn on". I think they may be playing with their "Johnson" ... getting themself off?

Cripies ... some guys really just have no shame.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/25/2008 9:56:02 PM
I guess you are trying to be funny.
 godliketoaster
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/26/2008 12:33:05 AM

Makes me want to run over and simply hike their pants up for them.

"Pull your pants up, son!"

I feel quite opposite from you! I want to pull their pants down and watch as everyone makes fun of them!

Mean I know, but it's just one of those urges I can barely control.
 cotter
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2008 8:49:26 PM

Its true the guys have really big BALLs . Thats it.
Really? I wonder what made that happen?
 cotter
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2008 7:30:03 PM
OMG ... too funny.

LMAO ... today on the way home from work, I saw 3 guys with the "sagging pants" pushing a car around the corner to get to the gas station down the road.

It was hilarious ... they could only push with one hand as they had to use their other hand to hold up their pants. They kept losing the grip on their pants and had to let go of pushing the car to grab their pants as they slipped further and further down.

People were yelling out of their cars at them ... cheering them on. One guy tossed them a bungee cord to use to hold up their pants ...
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2008 7:44:27 PM
The version I heard was that the fashion did, indeed, originate in prison, was copied by gangsta "wannabes;" but the original intent was to say "this butt's available" for sex, in prison.
 cotter
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2008 5:29:48 AM

I heard it's because prison clothes aren't available in custom sizes so many inmates end up in pants that are too large.
I think we can pretty much put that rumor aside. Let's see now ... exactly how long ago was it that they invented elastic?

I think we can find suspenders back before the 1850's. Modern underwear has been around since about 1930, so I think we can assume that elastic was incorporated into prison (jail) pants shortly thereafter.

The sagging pants aren't necessarily an invitation for sex but make access easier for those who are after it.
Actually ... the sagging pants (in prison/jail) ARE indeed an invitation for sex ... at least that's what my inmates were telling me.

LMAO ... nothing like getting it straight from the horse's mouth ... RIGHT?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > SAGGING PANTS, crotch at the knees ... Do genitals really go down that far?