Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 boyzni3
Msg: 2
Can You Be Str8 after being in gay RelationshipsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Is he facing some societal pressure to be straight, just because you mentioned his field of work...And maybe he is going to try to fake being hetero or go ont he dl...I cant really answer cause I am not gay, but if text books are correct and gay relationships are similar to straight relationships, I am going to assume he found some odd ball way to break up with you cause he was too afraid of hurting you or saying the truth.
 Leeanne
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Can You Be Str8 after being in gay Relationships
Posted: 3/31/2008 3:52:54 PM
What a shame that in this day in age he is feeling the pressures of the outside world - making him behave in a way that is NOT who he really is! You cannot change who you really are inside. If he starts dating women - he will be lying to them and to himself! There will only be unhappiness and anguish as a result of denying who he really is!!
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/31/2008 4:00:51 PM
If men can live as husbands for 30 years and then declare they're gay, I think it could very well go the other way. Let him be whatever he wants. Baby dykes happen.
 AlexOfMacedon21
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2008 1:24:08 AM

Yes, a person can be gay and then straight. They can also be straight and then gay. They can be bisexual, then gay, then straight and then undecided. You might want to compare any idea that people cannot change in this way with the fact that they do.

Did you even check what u typed in ??? reading this i have no idea are you or bi or gay or whatever, but u surely have no experience in that area. I strongly disagree with you, people are born with an already appointed sexual orientation, they only discover it at their early teens (i knew i was bi at age 12) and they cant change much, especially from gay to straight and vice versa, from gay to bi or straight to bi, it MAY be possible in SOME cases, but otherwise no way. Sexuality doesn't work like a switch, so you can change it by will, you cant be bisexual on Monday, straight on Tuesday and gay on Wednesday, things just don't work that way, and in to reference to the gay guy in question here, dude the guy you hooked up with has some serious instability going in his brain and its possible he doesn't know what he wants, or what his sexuality is, that can happen too, (George Michael realized he was gay at the age of 30 lol) you need to find a guy that is sure in what he wants, and hes sure that guys are what he wants, i know what i would have done if i was in ur x-boy's place lol. Ur too good 4 him anyways, you'll find somebody else don' worry...
 AlexOfMacedon21
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2008 1:07:53 AM

I am not saying that he won't be able to be in a relationship with a girl.... but I am still doubtful....

You have all the reasons in the world to doubt Richi, try to find a gay guy, stay away from the curious and bi ones, anyway, just remember one thing... its his loss man...
 jimmya0
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/13/2008 8:25:46 AM
I think that after being with a cute and hot guy like u..unless he's stupid he wouldn've switched or decided not to be with u ;)
 newblue1970
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:10:57 PM

I'm perfectly hetero - except for the occasional male on male pleasures

Sorry, that statement doesnt work. Heterosexual men do not have sex with other men. But there's nothing wrong with being in the grey area in between gay and straight, just be happy being bisexual.

OT - The guy who decided to change from gay to straight because of his job probably wont be happy in the long term. If he's denying who he really is it doesnt bode well for any relationship with a female.
 opnmydm
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/8/2009 9:59:45 PM
that is kinda like saying oral sex is not sex
 chuckyB51
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 12:09:23 AM
Is it possible...Yes! The mind is the most powerful thing in the world and we seem to quickly forget this. The second most powerful thing is love. I know both gay men and lesbian women that have gone straight.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/14/2010 12:11:55 AM
I believe sexuality is a choice. Because we all have sexual urges, how ever we can control them! We choose when to act on them. It really does not matter what gender brings them on,the person with the urge has the ability to act on it or control it.
No one can know for sure if this guy was pressured into anything. He may have opend up to feelings he has had for years. That he was controlling and now wants to explore them.
I know for sure when I have had sex with a lady it was because I wanted to. Not something I had to do.
There is no gene that makes us straight or gay it is the experiences in our life and what we find attractive and sexy.
 ICMUD
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2010 1:20:11 AM
may i suggest he can also be BI sexual & there for can BAT for both sides when he chooses to.

just because you may like the soss today, tomorrow is a different day and presto your straight, gay or bi sexual

move on and get over it
 ~rain~
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2010 1:30:06 AM
He is playing a game because he thinks society will accept him more if he acts straight.

Will he ever be 100% happy?? Nope!

You cant just change your sexual preference on a whim. I kind of feel bad for this person you speak of, because he feels he just cant be himself.
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/14/2010 8:33:40 AM
I don't know....I think if he or she is that way by birth, then I doubt it.....they are simply attracted to both sexually and relationship wise to the same gender.

If they were of the heterosexual way at birth, but circumstances changed them....which could range from sexual molestation, not the love from a certain parent, or so many bad experiences with the opposite sex and other issue's..

Then I see it as a possiblity.
 whytwater
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/14/2010 10:00:25 AM
^^^^^ Wiggle room. Everybody needs a lil wiggle room, OP.

Sometime last year, some research scientists announced that they had found the "gay" gene. The head of one of the main Gay and Lesbian groups responded immediately, with outrage, insisting that the lifestyle was by choice, not fixable genetics. I dunno, OP-no experience, no credentials in this area. I just know what I read in the newspapers.
 guyinacorner
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/14/2010 11:51:00 AM
gay straight.

some people just like sex.

ever hear of a bi-sexual.
 alphapete
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/29/2012 12:58:44 AM
tryn****is not like tryn a new resturant. once you do your gay or bi
 Joycatthaleo
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/30/2012 5:39:23 AM
Maybe he was lying to himself when he was thinking he was gay. Some people get the clue later. I was bi- curious and later saw it as a lust game I had played for years. I want a man and only a man now. I was using my sex to explore.
 Joycatthaleo
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/30/2012 5:40:00 AM
Amen. It is no longer your concern when he leaves you.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >