Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fra59e
Msg: 42
Help- i think the rules have changed !Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This is very depressing:
Posted By: bella4you on 7/5/2008 1227 PM
Subject: Help- i think the rules have changed !
Message: .... I guess i am old fashioned but I don't think a lady should keep calling the guy. I think the guy should be the pursuer. There is nothing wrong with reciprocating, but if he likes you he will call. If he doesn't like you he won't. ...

Anybody who pursues or expects to be pursued is living in the past. I wonder if Bella expects me to arrive at her doorstep in my Stanley Steamer and gallantly bow with a sweeping wave of my top hat, kiss her hand, then chat about President Teddy Roosevelt's latest war with the Spanish. I will be sitting in the chair with the antimacassar where she was sitting to sew her "Home Sweet Home" embroidery, while the maid fixes the chamomile tea and if we mention "the war" it means the Civil War and we will play some music on the Edison gramophone, and she will ask me whether I think those awful suffrage women who want the vote should be thrown in jail.

I think modern women are much more fun. They know they are my equal and I know it too and we respect each other. There is no patronizing and no acting out of pre-set gender roles.

If she likes me she may call or I may call her. Either way is fine. I certainly will not accept the role of the one who is "supposed" to do the calling just because she and I happen to have different kinds of hormones.

This is 2008 the last time I checked a calendar, and it's way better than the Victorian era when gender roles were dictated to you by society. "Rules have changed?" I hope so. I don't want to go back to Grannie's time.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >