Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 restless_native
Msg: 23
view profile
History
What do women mean by Genuine Guy?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
This is a form of code commonly used by bitter and twisted females on dating sites to justify to themselves why the last chap they dated didn't want to see them again.

It's a lot easier for them to convince themselves that that man wasn't "genuine" than to admit their own shortcomings.
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 25
view profile
History
What do women mean by Genuine Guy?
Posted: 4/2/2008 5:04:01 PM
It's a Genie Guy they be after and then all their wishes will comes true.
 icarusi
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 5:38:17 PM
I think it means you can provide ID at some stage and haven't left your clothes on a beach somewhere and gone 'missing' in another life.
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2008 5:01:37 AM
Afternoon, yep you should join the ramblers association for sure.

Does anyone read your profile to the end? Even half way through I was beginning to....but wanted to see what you had put re openess to sex. You have actually written (sure must be a typo) that you are not looking for someone with an openess to sexual pleasure ho hum.

Have fun.
 restless_native
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:44:45 AM

Is it just me or do people seem quite unforgiving on dating sites?

Some are. However, a lot are also a bit mental. That's another factor that you need to take into consideration.
 Arion Mcbride
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2008 5:40:10 AM
a "genuine guy" in female speak i think translates to a step above a "nice" guy. but still with that nice guy element that may or may not effect the outcome of the race.

kinda like cute can be attractive but its not quite hot.

genuine is good for th girl looking to lay down some serious time with someone.

but in most cases genuine can mean a lot of things. can mean brother type. best friend type.

its endearing. which can be both the greatest asset, or the greatest crippling.
 Lorri55
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2008 2:52:19 PM
well so many lie in that they say they are single....forget to mention their wife /gf
a minor detail to them perhaps......not to me
 franky321uk
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 1:58:31 PM
how about some holds a genuine guy meet? then we can all find the answers,but us men must insist there are only genuine women invited of course its only fair after all is said and done
 Knight_Time_Noodle
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2012 12:04:04 PM
It has many connotations and some of the things that have been mentioned such as not being a liar, sly, dishonest etc would seem to fit the bill. However this only applies if you happen to fit into the tall/dark/handsome stereotype as otherwise it does not matter how "genuine" you are, you'll still get nowhere.
 monty336
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2012 1:09:57 PM
only way to find out if someone is genuine is to meet as you can be fed any bullsh1t on site, ive heard stories where people have met online never been to their house even after a few weeks, met outside their town this would get bells ringing, i will give my home number if im meeting for a 2nd date,
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2012 11:25:25 PM
^^^^ awww damn ! i fail on all but the last one ! hahahahaha :O)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >