Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Advice or a different view on things....Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Peopel can be very funny. They can feel lonely and have a desire to be with someone else, but sometimes the reality is their life is a huge mess, and they don't have the emotional ability to be with anyone.

Let him be, he sounds like he needs to get a few things off his plate.

Most certainly doesn't mean he'll come back, cause that is just how things work a lot of times...

As stated before, just keep on fishing...
 burnsgirl
Msg: 5
Do I try to message him or should I take it as he is just not interested in me?
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:35:25 AM
I would suggest an email perhaps, letting him know that you recognize he is busy and that you hope when things settle in his life he will contact you as you really enjoyed the time you spent together. That way you can leave that door ajar while you continue fishing!

In all fairness to the man, he is working two jobs. I know my schedule can get so crazy I don't even have time to spend with my family, let alone friends and near strangers.

Just my thoughts on the issue.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2008 11:56:33 AM
Run away from anyone who uses the "I'm busy working every day" excuse. Trust me...a man who is REALLY into you will find a way to move heaven, earth and everywhere in between just to spend five minutes with you--even if it's just on the phone. Even if he works seven days a week, there's no way he works 24 hours a day. Everyone gets breaks during the day and can use that time to contact you.

One guy I dated worked a lot of days and weird hours, but he would still leave little messages on my voicemail or e-mail me to let me know he was thinking of me. And it meant a lot. I used to work 15-hour days seven days a week, and I still managed to contact my man and let him know I missed him.

Try messaging him one more time--just something brief--"Hey I was thinking about ya, call me when you get a chance, I miss talking to you"-- and if he doesn't respond, then forget him.
 dogs rule
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/3/2008 12:42:03 PM
Like everyone else I am going to have to say he is not interested. Move on with out him.
If I were interested I would want to talk to you to escape all that stress.
 flyingiguana
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2008 1:51:33 PM

I would suggest an email perhaps, letting him know that you recognize he is busy and that you hope when things settle in his life he will contact you as you really enjoyed the time you spent together. That way you can leave that door ajar while you continue fishing!

best way to go about it imo. maybe he's not interested, maybe he's really busy but would be open to meeting in the future.
 Fefe_FXDL
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/3/2008 3:33:02 PM
I am thinking he either likes you enough to not want t hurt your feelings by telling you directly he's not interested, or can't quite put his finger on why he's not all that into you, but the fact is, you are not a priority in his life. It happens...it just wasn't meant to be is all.
 circe 1
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:05:06 PM
Men like to be the pursuers. You put too much pressure on him and it frightened him. Uh oh...she is needy, she doesn't have a life, she is coming on too strong too early. Result...he vanished. Do not contact him. Give him space and let him pursue you.
 circe 1
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/4/2008 1:55:09 AM
Perhaps you didn't pressure him...but in HIS mind, you did
 dogs rule
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:09:17 AM

I don't think I pressured him at all. At first he was the one who said we had such a great connection and how odd it was that the conversation flowed so easily.

It has nothing to do with pressuring him or in his mind he feels pressured. Guys aren't that complicated and women who try to say how guys think are usually wrong. He hasn't contacted you in a few days, shoot him an email which you did. After that the ball was in his court. Your not stalking him by sending an email, I see people on here jump everything in to stalking way to quickly. You did you part and no reply, he is not interested plain and simple. Move on and find someone that has time for you in their life.
 stpauligirl635
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/9/2009 11:07:56 AM
If he his into you he will call you when he says he's going to call, etc. Read the book "He's Just Not That Into You". Great book.
 mysteriosa
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2009 4:33:11 PM
If he's genuinely interested, he would get in touch with you within a few days of seeing you. He certainly wouldn't get annoyed or angry with you. It sounds like something's wrong here. If you're really interested in this guy, then I'd check that he isn't already in a relationship with someone. I wouldn't rely on asking him, but check up on facts. Do you know what his two jobs are, for instance, and where? It's surprising how busy and stressed a guy can get if he's trying to run more than one relationship at once.
 ripley65
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/13/2009 4:02:45 AM

I mean if you really like someone you would even just send a text right? an email maybe?

Yup, and thats my way of thinking too. But,,since you've not received any from him, plus with his 'hints' of his working way too much, id say he's just really not that into you.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >