Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 6
Why do women get cold feet?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Keep meets short, inexpensive and make them places you'd go alone anyway - that way if they flake, it's not much of a loss. Do a quick coffee meet on the way home from work - meet them halfway and sit somewhere for 15 mins and get the initial over with.

Once you meet someone, review the meeting and decide you like them and vice versa, THEN plan the longer more involved dates (shows, dinners, etc).

The description is "dating" site, but it should be implied that you'd only date those you actually hit if off with AFTER you talk and meet.
 mikebalko2
Msg: 15
Why do women get cold feet?
Posted: 4/3/2008 12:11:42 PM
"women who make a bi-sexual offer of 3 in a bed with their girlfriend that they forgot to mention,"
You are complaining about this? Poor you, what bad luck you have!
 funlovingman07
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/3/2008 10:06:04 PM
it's my turn to say. . . . "Not another . . . . Wooooooooooooooooe is me thread . . . .why wasn't this thread deleted?

i agree with you lovorgon these people that have nothin to do in life but read forums that they remember from 6 months ago need to get a life
this forum is new to me
and i dont care about the woooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo
i just like to read um
and if she thinks it should get deleted then she doesnt need to read it she can move on to next forum
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/3/2008 10:33:56 PM
If twenty five percent of your first meets cancel. It would seem like good planning NOT to sink big bucks into the project; or, have a friend stand backup to use the tickets with you?

More importantly ya'll seem in such a hurry fury to meet, lol! What if ya'll gave it some time in the talking, writing etc? Perhaps there wouldn't be so many stood up/no show/awful first date stuff happening. Gosh, if at my age, I'm in no real hurry, what kind of fire ants are in ya'll's underpants? And no -- I'm just as horny as any of ya, grin -- promise. . . .

edit: by ya'll, I don't just mean OPie, but the preponderance of posters on these forums.
 funlovingman07
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/3/2008 10:42:08 PM
do 67 y/o woman really get horny?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:50:35 AM

Yeah, I don't think I'd plan much more than meeting and having dinner, maybe doing something after "on the fly" after

That's still too much for (let's face it) a virtual stranger. The shorter and cheaper the better...and screen em a bit longer too beforehand so you don't even waste gas if you don't need to.

I sat thru a whole meal once with someone I'd never met before. That was enough. And yes, for some - over 15 minutes can seem like an eternity. Why should both of you put yourselves thru that? Too much pressure, and since no one's dying in six months, making plans to meet again for another get together isn't a bad idea (should you both want to do so).

On the fly after seems nice in the moment, but IMO it's never an accurate way to gauge anything, who knows if you both aren't doing it just cause you don't want to say no thanks and leave? I never have that kind of time during a meet, but once I know I want to spend some time with some, I'm more than happy to plan something for most of a day or night in the future.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:41:10 AM
the only time I get cold feet is if I forget to put on my socks.

fancynanci
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:14:45 AM
Wow you HAVE had bad luck. Why are you still on POF?????
 EagleEric
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/4/2008 12:05:26 PM
The solution is simple. Don't invest any money or time in a relationship that hasn't developed to the point where there is certain level (for you to determine) of mutual interest.

I don't waste my time with flakey women or ones who want to play their hurtful little emotional games. If they're interested in you, they'll get their little acts together - believe me. And be a man and confront any woman who is screwing over you. Tell her what the rules of the game are. If she doesn't like it, tell her to hit the road. I'm telling you guys here you're nothing more than a bunch of doormats.

The Eagle
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/4/2008 12:06:37 PM

Secondly, don't listen to anyone on here who says you've gotta talk on the phone. If a girl has any interest in you, she's going to want to meet with you for 30-60minutes and have coffee. Nothing beats body language - words only account for 10% of communication. Phones are for making dates and for girls talking to their girl friends. ;)

I hate the phone quite a bit at this point in my life, but even I will talk at least once on the phone before planning a meet. You can't gauge attraction, but you can get a good feel of what you're conversation's gonna be like when you get there. I (and I am sure a lot of others) have actually changed my mind and decided not to go any further based on a phone call.
 funlovingman07
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/7/2008 10:16:29 PM
i went to a pof party sat it was lots of fun
but i see why woman get cold feet now one man will reck it all for the rest of us
there was one guy there that just wouldnt take no for an answer he was like a bull in heat going after every woman in the bar even ones with someone if he ever meet someone alone i feel sorry for them so i do understand why they get cold feet now
 DomG79
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:33:48 PM
Their feet might get cold if they wear sandals, pumps, or heels in the snow.

Oh, the other meaning of cold feet: I think men do it too, but probably not as much. a lot of people are afraid to take a chance and come out of their personal comfort zone.
 matchlight
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 10:11:12 AM

deliberately mess men about & deliberately give men the brush off to fuel their own egos

I think most of us have had that kind of thing happen. There could be all sorts of reasons why a woman would agree to meet and then cancel, or even just not show up. The trick is not to waste even a moment trying to guess why, because it's easy to start wondering if it was something about you. No matter how long you spent wondering, you could never know the answer anyway. So just assume she's a flake, and concentrate on the next one.
 aguilayserpiente_1
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/25/2014 11:01:50 AM

Keep meets short, inexpensive and make them places you'd go alone anyway - that way if they flake, it's not much of a loss. Do a quick coffee meet on the way home from work - meet them halfway and sit somewhere for 15 mins and get the initial over with.

I am perplexed by women, who ask me out because as they say, "I can only tell if I'm interested in a man by meeting him," i.e. going on interviews with a man, whom they do not like and in whom they are not interested, on his dime. At your adult age, you should know what kind of man you want and how to approach him.

A man only asks a woman out if he already likes her. It's not a Starbucks interview. It's not "we'll see." If a man asks a woman out, it's on.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/25/2014 11:31:01 AM

Wearing sandals in cold weather.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/26/2014 8:40:01 AM
Women offering no strings sex?

Did they actually use the words 'no strings'?

I doubt it, they probably were just expressing themselves naturally and you assigned the NSA label yourself.

So what? Newsflash, some women just want to have their needs met, especially the 'legally separated' tribe.

Why would you place value on how soon the sex happens?

I think there's a lot of women that are concerned about being 'easy' because of guys like you.

I don't assign any value on how 'soon' it happens. Some guys do apparently.

Regarding cold feet, I think that's more of a guy thing. You don't hear too many women say they got nervous about meeting a guy and declined the date.
 south_city
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/28/2014 9:22:45 AM

Many different possible reasons why some people from both genders get cold feet. Perhaps they were married or in a relationship, they decided that they weren't ready for a relationship, better plans ( in their mind ) came up at the last minute etc.

I agree. Also maybe they were dishonest about something in their profile. Age, height, body type etc.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/28/2014 11:48:21 AM
I got cold feet last night and cancelled the date because I got creepy vibes over the phone from the guy. He came across as very domineering, blow-hardy and bossy. And then he suggested that after our dinner date, we go to my house and watch movies. Told him no way, this is not how it works, and the date is off, because I can tell what he is after. He then continued to text and call me last night and this morning. My feet are getting colder and colder.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/28/2014 12:26:50 PM

I got cold feet last night and cancelled the date because I got creepy vibes over the phone from the guy. He came across as very domineering, blow-hardy and bossy. And then he suggested that after our dinner date, we go to my house and watch movies. Told him no way, this is not how it works, and the date is off, because I can tell what he is after. He then continued to text and call me last night and this morning. My feet are getting colder and colder.

I've called it off not long before too because things just didn't feel right.
I wouldn't call it cold feet, but rather we're just smartly listening to our intuition. It's sometimes when women chose not to obey it and then come on here and post the dating nightmare stories.
 south_city
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/28/2014 1:18:59 PM

I don't consider this to be cold feet. He clearly said some things that turned you off. Cold feet often happens when a person decides that (s)he isn't ready or available for dating at the last minute.
 badzee28
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/28/2014 7:55:53 PM
This happened to me twice, with the same person. First time, we were meeting for pizza. I texted her to confirm 30 minutes before, she had an emergency blockage of her garbage disposal. We planned for a second date, and they day of, she was nowhere to be found. And this was from a 44 year old school teacher. I thought that dating older would make this happen less, I guess not. I'm in the military too.. you think people would show some class and respect if not for that at least...
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/28/2014 8:10:21 PM
badzee28 - sorry that happened to you. Funny, I'm 44 and I'm talking to someone in the military (Army) who is 26. I haven't met him in person yet because he is in CA for training. Maybe the school teacher got cold feet because of the age difference? As in, this is only fun for you, but she is looking for a LTR with a future? Just my guess. I know that the 26 year old I'm going to meet is not LTR material, but he is fun and cute, and I'm fine with that right now.
 badzee28
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/28/2014 8:23:05 PM
She seemed quite enthusiastic about it. When she told me her age, my response was " age is just a number", she was like " Oh, please ignore my number!". She was a very attractive woman. She told me she was free the whole summer, yet she was notoriously bad sometime s at getting back to me in a timely manner. I kind of get the feeling she was juggling other guys, and maybe feeding off the fact that should could pull attractive younger guys maybe. I mean she told me " Maybe if we click you can come to my back to my condo; I have a big pool we could swim in." This was her offering, it isn't like I was giving her the idea I was simply looking for a good time.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/30/2014 10:15:16 AM
They're just not ready to be dating. And it's a common problem. While these girls (and guys do it too) are blowing off dates and vanishing while they try to figure out wtf they want, there's not a care in the world that there's an actual other person on the other end who's time they're wasting.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >