Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > 2012 & astronomical facts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 51
2012 & astronomical facts?Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Im quite sure in the future sometime we will be rewriting our science about space and time. There are alot of things that we will never understand nor we will see because were so focused on other peoples work from the past. Has there been any new ideas and new found science ?

Til that day we are able to think past that border we have put around our mind, not sure how long it will take for that to happend but when it does im quite sure things will move into place and make more sense that once never did.

Then again maybe these things have already been figured out its has just not been made public as of yet.

anywho
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 52
2012 & astronomical facts?
Posted: 4/18/2008 7:11:57 AM

Im quite sure in the future sometime we will be rewriting our science about space and time. There are alot of things that we will never understand nor we will see because were so focused on other peoples work from the past. Has there been any new ideas and new found science ?

Uhhh the point of science is incorperating new observations with old observations. You don't make progress by ignoring the works of the past, because all great theorists built their work on the framework of those that worked before.
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/18/2008 7:59:14 AM
Yes I agree, but how can you move forward with new observations when they mind has been closed off from thinking further. Alot of foucs on past observations keep your mind from thinking of things you might have thought possible. Most of then new science is just an add on from old ideas or improvements correct ?? (which is the same thing i think lol)?

When new ideas are brought into light, it tends to be looked at from a negative point of view. Like this electricity medicene....alot of devices that can either cure or enhance your function. One device gets you off drugs and alcohol. ANother device electrifies your blood and rids your body of virus andpathogens. its not accepted because its going to take billions of dollars from the medical companies and drug companies. Like they say, a cured patient is a lost customer....lol

anyways the whole drive for most of this crap is money, money which has no VALUE what so ever besides the value we give it. Seeing the money that is being printed is printed by a company that is no more Federal then Federal express and charges the Govt interest as to way U.S is in debt as well as Canada.
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/18/2008 1:36:22 PM

Yes I agree, but how can you move forward with new observations when they mind has been closed off from thinking further.

You over come bad theories by making observations that contradict the old theories. Not by simply discarding knowledge you had before.

When new ideas are brought into light, it tends to be looked at from a negative point of view. Like this electricity medicene....alot of devices that can either cure or enhance your function. One device gets you off drugs and alcohol. ANother device electrifies your blood and rids your body of virus andpathogens. its not accepted because its going to take billions of dollars from the medical companies and drug companies. Like they say, a cured patient is a lost customer....lol

these are looked on in a negative light because they don't work.
 KaptDan
Msg: 55
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!!!
Posted: 4/18/2008 10:34:29 PM
Dear Tigerbee. Thank you for the nice reprimand. We will be good from now on. Usually you have to read someones whole comment like yours just to get to the key words. In your case it was "Negating the existence of something, does not cease it to exist... Why do you put 3 periods after some of these sentences. Does this mean there is more but you didn't write it or do you have a twitchy finger? Good comments and I have nothing to add. Just wondered why the 3 ...'s. Speak now whilst you have an audience. Thanks, Dan
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 56
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!!!
Posted: 4/18/2008 10:59:06 PM
Hmmm they dont work because you say so or because your taking the word from ppl who are greedy for a buck and will down play anything that might take way that nice Billion dollar income, do keep in mind these are only number that we as ppl give the value to or the money system would be worthless. Really the system is flawed in many aspects. Off topic but even still, this is just going to show you that alot of ppl sit around waiting for the words of others who are given the status of sayings YES THIS IS TRUE AND YES IT TILL WORK. If this planet is coming or this will cure cancer or this money system is BS either way instead of sitting on your a$$ all day on the internet, go do your own research and invest your OWN money into it. Like Bob Beck did for his research(50,000) for the Silver Pulser which i have bought and should be here by this coming Wed. Yes i will be using it on a few friends who have asked me to use it on the friends they have that need it.
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 57
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!!!
Posted: 4/19/2008 3:51:39 PM

Hmmm they dont work because you say so or because your taking the word from ppl who are greedy for a buck and will down play anything that might take way that nice Billion dollar income,

No, they don't work.

Hmmm they dont work because you say so or because your taking the word from ppl who are greedy for a buck and will down play anything that might take way that nice Billion dollar income,

So you're a sucker, thanks for clearing that up.
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 58
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!!!
Posted: 4/19/2008 4:45:41 PM
Well i will soon come to find this out if i am or not.
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 59
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!!!
Posted: 4/19/2008 6:50:54 PM
Ohhh another device that helps with addiction is made by the same dude who makes the silver pulser. Its is said that the device can take someone off addiction within a week, But then again addiction clinics dont make money like medical industry if ppl are healthy. So i dunno again money over the ppl
 stargazer1000
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/19/2008 9:50:21 PM
Bottom line Tiger is that you asked for people with knowledge in astronomy for information regarding a "rogue" planet. To the best of my and most astronomers' knowledge, the answer is simply no. There is no Nibiru. That is a position made from observation and evidence and not from 'creative thinking'. Such an object would very likely have been discovered. Thousands of telescopes, both amateur and professional, have been scannning the skies for just such a discovery. Far from being suppressed, it would be trumpeted as a significant discovery.

Our naked eye view of planets is simply star-like because of their reflectivity and the fact they subtend small relative to the rest of the sky. Higher magnification reveals a lot or a little detail, depending on the planet and its distance from Earth.

Now if, as you say, the inclination of the orbit of said "rogue" planet were to be 30 "percent" or, more likely degrees from the plane of the ecliptic, that's still visible to the northern hemisphere. Even if it was 90 degrees to the ecliptic, there's still plenty of telescopes at work in Australia, South Africa and South America to find it.

Believe in Nibiru if you want. But I'm going to go with far more reliable sources of information than YouTube videos and conspiracy theory websites.
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 61
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!!!
Posted: 4/19/2008 11:08:32 PM

Ohhh another device that helps with addiction is made by the same dude who makes the silver pulser. Its is said that the device can take someone off addiction within a week, But then again addiction clinics dont make money like medical industry if ppl are healthy. So i dunno again money over the ppl

Ooooh magic. You do know that addiction and chemical dependence arn't the same thing right? Too bad magic pulser didn't know that.
 KaptDan
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/20/2008 10:51:34 PM
I already explained what dark matter was, so now I can give you a glimpse of where the Planet Earth is in relation to the whole cosmos. I will use words that all can understand as long as you understand where you heard it first. Earth itself is not part of the cosmos but is outside of it by itself surrounded by spheres of perhaps 6 or 8 cosmos's, rotating in an undetermined direction. These spheres would account for the curvature of space/time and the red and blue shift. You can catch a glimpse of it tonight if you would stare at the moon as you would stare at one of those prints that if you stare at it long enough you will see an elephant or something out of all the dots. You have to be nearsighted therefore if you are not you would have to wear glasses that would make you nearsighted. To what degree of nearsightedness I am not sure yet but I need glasses to see distance. You will see the likeness of what appears to be a human cell after it has divided with the nucleus surrounded by these spheres. Try it with one eye at a time . Then try it with both eyes. You have to stare for a while until your eyes start to relax where a blur takes place. Now if you picture in the middle of these spheres or cell division you will understand my New Theory of Relativity for the New Millennium a tad more. I should be able to explain it to a barmaid as Einstein said. I have to do more investigating on some different links but with an open mind. Just a theory and you can laugh all you want, but we are supposed to come up with a new enlightenment soon and the time may just be now. There is much more but I am still trying to put in words what I don't believe has been written about before. Heliocentric and Geocentric orbit and escape velocity may explain why we have some planets hanging around us but othe than the moon they ay not be part of our singularity. Daniel
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/20/2008 11:57:55 PM

I already explained what dark matter was, so now I can give you a glimpse of where the Planet Earth is in relation to the whole cosmos. I will use words that all can understand as long as you understand where you heard it first. Earth itself is not part of the cosmos but is outside of it by itself surrounded by spheres of perhaps 6 or 8 cosmos's, rotating in an undetermined direction. These spheres would account for the curvature of space/time and the red and blue shift. You can catch a glimpse of it tonight if you would stare at the moon as you would stare at one of those prints that if you stare at it long enough you will see an elephant or something out of all the dots. You have to be nearsighted therefore if you are not you would have to wear glasses that would make you nearsighted. To what degree of nearsightedness I am not sure yet but I need glasses to see distance. You will see the likeness of what appears to be a human cell after it has divided with the nucleus surrounded by these spheres. Try it with one eye at a time . Then try it with both eyes. You have to stare for a while until your eyes start to relax where a blur takes place. Now if you picture in the middle of these spheres or cell division you will understand my New Theory of Relativity for the New Millennium a tad more. I should be able to explain it to a barmaid as Einstein said. I have to do more investigating on some different links but with an open mind. Just a theory and you can laugh all you want, but we are supposed to come up with a new enlightenment soon and the time may just be now. There is much more but I am still trying to put in words what I don't believe has been written about before. Heliocentric and Geocentric orbit and escape velocity may explain why we have some planets hanging around us but othe than the moon they ay not be part of our singularity. Daniel

this is your brain on drugs.
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/22/2008 5:12:48 AM
Hmm....i wouldnt know never done drugs thx for lettings us know ur expertise
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/22/2008 6:49:26 PM

Hmm....i wouldnt know never done drugs thx for lettings us know ur expertise

I work with addicted kids.
 Angde
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/22/2008 10:20:18 PM
I have studied astrology, physics, astronomy, quantum physics... in astrology we've always accounted for the rogue planet it's part of the overall astral prediction and rules Scorpio once it comes into orbit. However I'm not some hippy chick, I studied it years ago as I did applied physics and now quantum. Tigerbee it's not just the Mayan calendar that ends in 2012 also the older Tibetian and older Chinese calandar does as well as many more smaller cultures in South America and Africa. The Mayans believe this will be the 6th age and we will see light and time differently. What that means? Who knows I do believe there is valitity in it. However I believe it's more about us passing through the ecliptic of the milky way (not the center where the hole is) we're on the outer edge... if you see it as the outer rim on plate spinning in space we're on the top and come 2012 well be in the same place outer rim on the bottom. The Mayan calendar in very much based on the placement of Orion which will not be in the same place in the sky after that time.

My personal thoughts is that it's not a doomsday thing however all the planets are warming up not just ours... the friction atm as we are moving through the galaxy is causing it, there's even a speculation we're part of another smaller galaxy being swallowed by the Milky Way. I don't have enough facts to comment on it. One thing I do know is all the old texts going back to the emerald tablet speak of the times we are about to live and that it will be a time of spirituality and awakening :)
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/23/2008 12:52:05 AM
If you've truely studied physics, explain to me why such a large orbital body hasn't ever been discovered by measuring it's gravitational effects on other planets?
 Angde
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/23/2008 1:05:07 AM
I only said in my astrology studies it was accounted for, and yes I do still study physics however in those fields it's not unaccounted for it's just not proven. Did you know there was a time all the great minds including doctors included Astrology in all their practices? It wasn't till the dark ages of the middle ages it's practices were banned. The Catholic church banned a great deal of things and knowledge in it's pursuit for power and wealth. However if you do not believe in Astrology when we are speaking of 2012 (planet aside) we are passing through the plane of the ecliptic and that to me has more reference to this subject than whether there's another planet in our solar system or not.
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/23/2008 2:04:34 AM

I only said in my astrology studies it was accounted for, and yes I do still study physics however in those fields it's not unaccounted for it's just not proven.

Something with mass either has a gravitational effect, or it doesn't. So either the tenth planet has no mass and doesn't exist, or it does and should be accounted for.

So why hasn't it been observed, we found Pluto in just such a manner and it's far smaller than the tenth (or ninth planet) is theorized to be.

Did you know there was a time all the great minds including doctors included Astrology in all their practices?

I would question that *all* did. But considering the effectiveness of early doctors, I wouldn't be crowing about this.

It wasn't till the dark ages of the middle ages it's practices were banned. The Catholic church banned a great deal of things and knowledge in it's pursuit for power and wealth.

True, that doesn't mean it actually works though.

However if you do not believe in Astrology when we are speaking of 2012 (planet aside) we are passing through the plane of the ecliptic and that to me has more reference to this subject than whether there's another planet in our solar system or not.

Uh huh. So are you willing to take the "give all my stuff to Charles jan 1st 2013" challenge?
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/23/2008 5:33:22 AM
NO one is saying the world is going to end in 2012. The idea is more of change then anything. If you take the word Revelations ,

revelation
"disclosure of information to man by a divine or supernatural agency," from O.Fr. revelacion, from L. revelationem (nom. revelatio), from revelatus, pp. of revelare (see reveal). General meaning "disclosure of facts" is attested from c.1375; meaning "striking disclosure" is from 1862. As the name of the last book of the New Testament (Revelation of St. John), it is first attested c.1400 (see apocalypse); as simply Revelations, it is first recorded 1691.

Apocalypse (Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil"), is a term applied to the disclosure to certain privileged persons of something hidden from the majority of humankind
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/23/2008 2:57:53 PM
NO one is saying the world is going to end in 2012. The idea is more of change then anything. If you take the word Revelations ,

you need to stop using absolutes. I've heard tons of people claiming it will be the end of the world.

Which means you can't say "no one" has. how about a simple 100 dollar bet then that no 10th planet is going to come rocketing out of the sky that year?
 Enigma252
Msg: 72
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC!!!
Posted: 4/23/2008 8:50:33 PM
I did hear on a NPR scientific report on global warming that by the year 2012 the polar ice cap will most likely be melted. No statement on the south pole. This action, of course, will affect coast lines around the world.
 Enigma252
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/23/2008 8:55:08 PM
I wonder what Zecharia Sitchin would say about all of this? Don't know if he's still alive.
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/24/2008 5:36:22 AM
Well just to let you know, the flood from the bible was caused by the same kind of thing. The only difference wa a chunk of ice fell and caused the it, where the ice melting is going to have a different effect.
 bazza1965
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/24/2008 10:28:09 PM
if its a rogue planet why does it call past every so many years ?
does it miss saying hi to everyone ?
or is it in a very eliptical orbit ? like halleys comet ?
or was it a conjealled bit of splattered insect prob a mozzie on the lens of some poor **stards new telescope
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > 2012 & astronomical facts?