Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Pet names for Partners..love em or hate em....Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Ms Palm.

Afternoon Babe.
 restless_native
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Pet names for Partners..love em or hate em....
Posted: 4/5/2008 9:04:09 AM
B1tch.

My relationships never seem to last very long for some reason.
 bike mad
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 11:22:21 AM
I've lived all over the UK and my biggest shock was being called 'my lover' by a 50 something woman in a shop near Plymouth! Turned out that was the common term down there (trust me - I nearly fell over when she called me that!!).
Generic names aren't a bother once you're used to them.
I usually make a point of calling someone I've just been introduced to by their real name to demonstrate that I have acknowledged that I know who they are. The better I know someone, the less endearing I become - my best mates get called stuff that would start wars

To get the hump because someone uses a term of endearment that you, personally, don't like is pointless (and possible counter-productive - I would start winding them up on purpose )

Call me anything you like, except early in the morning ;)
 oggers
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 1:45:52 AM
What a ridiculous thread .. who on earth is going to call their partner Tiddles, Fido, Rover or PussPuss ... ?

Pet names my arse ........
 PrincessLina
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2009 5:10:44 AM
Its really strange because at one time when I was called Babes or sweetheart or even Hun it was allways by my partner that I was in a relationship with and they were the words of endearment that made me feel so special, but I have found now since I have just got back on the dating scene every guy I chat to are saying that to me, ...... what gets me is how things changed so much. Yes I love pet names when in a relationship.. I dont mind being called babes but again I get every guy calling me babes now lol weather I am in a relationship with them or not lol
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >