Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what if your "soul mate" is NOT financial stable      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BelieveTheHype
Msg: 101
what if your soul mate is NOT financial stablePage 5 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I personally am someone who wants a financially stable companion. I married a woman who was not, to the fault of my own poor judgment -- of the woman, not her financial situation. She was down on her luck and hat hit some snags in the road, which is why I didn't let it bother me. I myself say that I want a woman who is emotino-soci0-economically stable -- which in my definition means in part that she can support herself without the requirement of having me help her live the lifestyle she wants at present. I have met too many women who are just getting by, lying in wait until they get the man who is going to elevate them from the borderline to what they should be able to achieve on their own. A woman who is a good steward over her own finances is going to bring those habits to our finances -- consequently, economic issues notwithstanding, the barometer for a person's financial prowess has been their 'stability' if you will. This is FAR different from someone saying that they are looking for someone well off to help them pay for lipo and the sort, and it is different from being with your true love and sticking it through with them in richer and poorer...
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 102
view profile
History
what if your soul mate is NOT financial stable
Posted: 4/10/2008 7:28:31 AM
Isn't the very definition of a "soul mate" one who shares your points of view, goals, ideals, etc? I don't think that the problem is that

at least 50 percent or more are looking for their soulmate who is financial stable.
I think the problem is that YOU'RE looking for your "sole mate"....and want THEM to be financially stable.(otherwise you wouldn't be looking a people who fit that criteria) That would seem to automatically exclude them from actually being a soul mate....because the 2 of you would start off by having totally different views on financial matters.

First of all, you're going to have to find someone who agrees with you that Michigan's financial woes began with the Bush administration....and quite frankly....well, I just don't know if there are that many cave dwellers out here. Michigan's downfall began in the early 1970's with the first "oil crisis" (circa 1973)....remember....that was when gasoline prices jumped from 23 CENTS a gallon to 75 cents a gallon overnight...and people were terrified that it was going to reach as high as an outrageous $1.50 a gallon and the whole country would collapse! Michigan officials (as far as I know, Bush was always in Texas) lived in denial (an still are) thinking that the American auto industry would regain it's 84% market share. Add to that, the state officials (Michigan) who refused to budge an inch with some tax incentives when the industry which made up 90% of the states tax base was struggling not only with re-designing and retooling for smaller more fuel efficient autos, but also dealing with facilities that were falling apart from age. The industry simply "moved out", and relocated in places that were willing to give them some tax breaks in exchange for the creation of thousands of good paying jobs for people with few or no skills.

It's perfectly fine for a state to decide that they don't want one type of economic base, but I'd think that perhaps they might want to have some other options FIRST. Even so, it's 40 YEARS....come on!!! What's taking you guys so long to decide what you want to be when you grow up? Make a plan, stick with it.....I'm sorry, but the South will NOT rise again, and Michigan is never going to be the industrial capital of the World again. It was nice while it lasted...but it's over.

Just stop looking for a "soul mate" who accept's these realities in life. The fact that they will understand certain facts of history will automatically disqualify them as a "soul mate" for you. You need someone who will similarly bury their head in the dirt and cry about spilled milk.....which...dude...was spilled right around the time you were getting born! I think it's a little sour by now!

Another suggestion might be to LEAVE Michigan....but....nahhhh, unthinkable.

And by the way, please quote correctly ! NO, the Bible does NOT say that "money is the root of all evil". It says......
For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil; which while some have coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
1 Timothy 6:10
 Merrylass
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 8:03:24 AM
i dont care about someones finances. If you truly LOVE someone then it shouldnt matter, should it?! ... heck, I could be stranded on a deserted island with my soulmate and i would be happy as a lark... I am NOT materialistic!

Ah - another person who has not actually tried to live the 'soul mate' existence. The concept of an idealized life of love and butterflies in which money doesn't matter is just a fantasy. When you live with someone, real life cannot help but intrude and no matter how much you think 'love is everything', you will soon find that the details of living in this world trump love very often.

If you think you'd be fine on a deserted island, go do it. Learn to hunt and fish and how to make a shelter for yourself and to take care of yourself medically should a crisis arise. People who make such statements have little grasp of reality - that in itself would preclude them from being a 'soul mate' of mine.

Most people described marriage as a partnership of equals and maybe in this earthly game if your interested only in survival of your body and dont care about spiritual things or matters pertaining to the soul, then that would be the correct approach but to a buddhist the soul has much more significance than the body and their earthly lives are devoted to matters of the soul.

Well, here's a bulletin for you. The man who was a Buddhist monk who was the Dalai Lama's translator for many years is now married. I heard him speak. Life, he says, when married with a family, is very different from living in a Buddhist monastery. He has children to feed and shelter - no amount of 'soulmate love' can put bread in you kid's mouths, no matter how badly you want to believe that Tinkerbell really exists and Fantasyland is real (clap your hands!).

The Material shallow world is closing around in around us and the population can't figure out what is wrong with society.

Oh hogwash. It's not about being 'materialistic'. It's about being responsible with your funds so that you aren't struggling to maintain the basic necessities of life.

I think it's hilarious that the OP brags of his Firebird - a gas-guzzling, high insurance piece of ego boost. Right there that shows that he's pretty darn materialistic and, if he's poor, that he hasn't realized that selling that thing and getting a fuel economy car and not buying beer might help him get out of his financial morass.

See, OP, that's the point. There are things you could be doing to become more financially stable, but rather than pursuing ways to get yourself out of the rut, you dream of a woman who'll love you 'just the way you are' even if that happens to be 'irresponsible with money'. Good luck with that.

What if you are with your "soulmate" in the midst of the dpression or war or a major health crisis?

Not the point and not what's being discussed here.
 MIman01
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/10/2008 6:48:44 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

Maslows's Heierarchy of needs. Look at the Pyrmaid. It tells what point each person is at in their lives. You start at level ONE and work your way to the top.

Level 1 is basic primal needs, like ANIMALS.

* Physiological needs
These are the basic animal needs for such things as food, warmth, sex, water, and other body needs. If a person is hungry or thirsty or his body is chemically unbalanced, all of his energies turn toward remedying these deficiencies, and other needs remain inactive. Maslow explains that, "Anyone who attempts to make an emergency picture into a typical one, and who will measure all of man's goals and desires by his behavior during extreme physiological deprivation, is certainly blind to many things. It is quite true that man lives by bread alone — when there is no bread".[1]

The physiological needs of the organism (those enabling homeostasis) take first precedence. These consist mainly of (in opposite order of importance):

Excretion
Eating
Drinking
Breathing
If some needs are not fulfilled, a human's physiological needs take the highest priority. Physiological needs can control thoughts and behaviors, and can cause people to feel sickness, pain, and discomfort.

Most of you sons a ****es are at LEVEL 1, your so worried about feeding your face you cant be concerned about the higher levels in the pyrmaid. The concept of a Soulmate is out of reach for ya'll for at least a few more pay raises.

LOL
 MIman01
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/10/2008 7:30:55 PM
Now some of you sluts fall into level 2 but if your not getting LAID your still in level 1 suprise ****ING suprise, predicatable muth a ****ers.

Level 2

Safety needs
With his physical needs relatively satisfied, the individual's safety needs take over and dominate his behavior. These needs have to do with man's yearning for a predictable, orderly world in which injustice and inconsistency are under control, the familiar frequent, and the unfamiliar rare. In the world of work, these safety needs manifest themselves in such things as a preference for job security, grievance procedures for protecting the individual from unilateral authority, savings accounts, insurance policies, and the like.

For the most part physiological and safety needs are reasonably well satisfied in our affluent and relatively lawful society. The obvious exceptions, of course, are people outside the mainstream — the poor, the disadvantaged, and members of minority groups. If frustration has not led to apathy and weakness, such people still struggle to satisfy the basic physiological and safety needs. They are primarily concerned with survival: obtaining adequate food, clothing, shelter, and seeking justice from the dominant societal groups.

Safety needs include:

Personal security from crime
Financial security
Health and well-being
Safety net against accidents/illness and the adverse impacts

Still not ready for the concept of a SOULMATE yet, even at level 2

But at least you sorry beatches are getting laid, so the man at level 2 isnt going to be exploiting the dating pool for sexual gratification to satisfy his PRIMAL, animal needs.

Only problem is, I dont think there is many people on ANY dating site AT level 2 and certainly very few beyond level 2. Most Americans on any dating site are sexually repressed and are basically looking for SEX, LEVEL 1
 Spitfire1956
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/10/2008 7:57:21 PM
My soul mate was far from rich monetary wise..but he was much richer in every other way. We were perfect for each other on every level....but we were also opposites. Opposites attract..and I believe it. He was the one who worked in law firms, police departments..and I always worked mostly as a waitress. But, he never looked down on me because of where I worked, or anything. He was a special man...in every sense of the word!! Soul mates compliment each other, and their love is unconditional. When I met him..we lived in the back of a van for 2 weeks, and I went almost a month with nothing to eat, telling him I wasn't hungry and let him eat what we had..because he needed the strength for work. At that time I wasn't working. In the long run..it worked out, and every trial and tribulation we went through only brought us that much closer together. We were never rich, or had much money..but we were wealthy in every other way..
 Evenor
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/10/2008 9:41:38 PM
Most society in the US teaches how the man is suppose to be the financially stable one in the relationship. That somehow he's less of a person if he ends up in a "bad" financial situation. Spent so much time on dates where the woman was always gimme gimme gimme and most of the relationships from my experience and what I've seen have been pretty much one-sided. Guys having to jump through a series of hoops, playing all sorts of games, just to sit and talk openly with a woman. Then when anything goes "wrong" the situation is always twisted around so somehow the guy is to blame. Even see it where a wife was cheating and twisted it around to make it the guys fault. Just wondering where the equality thing is suppose to come in... relationships suppose to be a 50/50 contribution of coarse I just may be crazy for believing it should be that way...

As for financial, as other things, I found it easier in life not to focus on such things as survival and all of that. It's guaranteed. Had periods of having more money than I knew what I could do with as well as other times of seemingly out of work, yet money always seems to show up various ways reguardless. Like there will be someone that just happens along in time that needs help with something real quick that just happens to be offering the exact amount of money needed before even asked, rebates on things coming through the mail, etc... You could call it faith or what have you, but the money always seems to be there when it is needed. Seems kinda scary to most people to live like that without worry and having everything show up when needed. Yet there is truly nothing to worry about as all is given. Same with everything I see with everyone, they always get what they focus on wheather it's "good" or "bad"... I see those that spend all their time worrying about stuff that could possibly go "wrong" and wondering why no matter what they do there is always something that goes "wrong" while those that don't focus on all those "bad" what if's that could happen don't seem to encounter any of those problems no matter what. So why even spend a second thought on anything you think is "bad"? Either way the people get their justifications on "how it is". Yet keep in mind everyone's truth is their own, as truth is perspective... that your truth of "how it is" is not the the same for everyone else...
 MIman01
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/11/2008 12:47:46 AM

and their love is unconditional.

You may need to define that term, there, UNCONDITIONAL love. That is a new concept for individuals that live as if they were a pack of baboons, spending all their energies on primal needs such as figuring out how they are gonna shove Hungry Man TV diners in their pie holes and that of their offspring.

MIman01
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/11/2008 1:12:14 AM

Yet keep in mind everyone's truth is their own, as truth is perspective

that is WRONG

TRUTH is unequivocal and indisputable. That is the problem, people think they have the right to interpret it distort it as if they were a god that created truth.

The Law of Gravity is Truth - If you want to pur your "perspective" on it and test it, go jump off a sky scraper, because "everyones truth is their own" and if you dont believe in gravity, your face wont splatter all over the concrete at the bottom when you jump.

The CORRECT statement is a persons reality is what they perceive it to be. That doesnt mean a person perceives the truth or lives in a world of reality. Just look at the pack animals on this website.

GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2008 4:42:22 AM

TRUTH is unequivocal and indisputable. That is the problem, people think they have the right to interpret it distort it as if they were a god that created truth.
Well, since you've recently discovered Maslow....something the rest of us learned about in Psych 101 YEARS ago....but that you quite apparently still don't understand; you may be interested in knowing that you're a hypocrite. Try reading to the end.....SELF ACTUALIZATION.

There are MANY varieties of "gifts" or talents bestowed on different individuals. Some, like Mother Teresa....the gift of compassion. Some, the gift of healing, or music....and some even the gift of knowing how to make money. It's not suprising to me that you don't comprehend this....you're still laboring under the falsely held belief that money is the root of all evil....you have NOT read the material which you try to preach, but yet you keep ranting your own self serving viewpoints. (Which by the way is very apparent to everyone except yourself...and maybe 1 or 2 others who still suffer from an over inflated sense of entitlement). Has it occured to you that in order to BE a blessing to someone else.....that you yourself must first BE blessed? You might want to consider that it's very likely that you have not been blessed in the area of your finances because of your hatred and jealousy of those who have. (been financially blessed)
Thou shalt NOT covet thy neighbors house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor ANYTHING that is thy neighbors. Exodus 20:17
You hide behind Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, which you have not understood, you misquote and misrepresent the "Law" (Biblical) and think that we are incapable of recognizing the greed that motivates your rants. Has it ever occured to you that when you have heard people say that you are to "Love your neighbor as yourself" (you really should try reading some of these things yourself rather than relying on others to tell you what it says) that He wasn't talking about hugs and kisses and warm fuzzies. It's reinforced by the commandment to "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"....AND...as we do unto ourselves. Do you wish poverty or sickness on YOURSELF? How foolish! Then if you don't wish that on yourself....then STOP wishing it on others. I suspect that the biggest obstacle to your own prosperity in life, IS the fact that you're so jealous and hateful toward those who have prospered at anything.
Now some of you sluts fall into level 2 but if your not getting LAID your still in level 1 suprise ****ING suprise, predicatable muth a ****ers.
Now if you think for one moment that your childish rants don't scream jealousy and hatred...then you are truly dillusional. In parting:
The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright; but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness. Pro. 15:2
And once again, I strongly suggest that if you're going to continue trying to quote this Book....you really should try reading it for yourself.
 Greg8002
Msg: 111
Posted: 4/11/2008 7:23:57 AM
"Well, here's a bulletin for you. The man who was a Buddhist monk who was the Dalai Lama's translator for many years is now married. I heard him speak. Life, he says, when married with a family, is very different from living in a Buddhist monastery. He has children to feed and shelter - no amount of 'soulmate love' can put bread in you kid's mouths, no matter how badly you want to believe that Tinkerbell really exists and Fantasyland is real (clap your hands!)."

Even monks and monastaries have to support themselves financially. The point of the monastic life though, is not material gain or material wealth, but using material wealth in such a way so that one is mindful of God (in Christianity) or one is aided on the path of Enlightenment, which in turn allows one to work for the enlightenment of laypeople and all creatures in existence (Buddhism). Catholic monastic life can hardly be described as an easy holiday from the burdens of life; if you read the Rule of St Benedict for example, the life is quite rigorous.

I think the same applies for people living the active life, and it is possible in my view to combine living a reasonable standard of living with living a spiritual life. I would agree though that if one has a family and dependants, they must be properly cared for and educated as a priority.
 Evenor
Msg: 112
Posted: 4/11/2008 10:11:51 PM
Truth is all a matter of perspective. Though it may be similar, it's not the same from person to person. For instance, what may be my truth about something is not "the" truth... it differs from person to person. You have parents who teach all kinds of stuff to their kids because it was taught to them in order to justify their beliefs. You have people, society, people using past experiences, etc. who go to extreme lengths to tell you "how it is"... like how the world was considered flat by everyone for so long... instead of making their own decision of the meaning of truth they give someone or something. You have people that believe there is a diety, God, whatever you want to name it. That is their truth and that is what will be their experience in this life. Whereas a person who doesn't believe in God of any form will not experience a life of there being a God in the world. That will be their truth. The American Revolution would be considered by most Americans to have been a "good" thing, whereas it may be viewed as a "bad" thing by those in Britain. Just wouldn't be a wise to try to force any of your "truth" on someone to justify your own beliefs and put down everyone else from believing anything. Just speak your own truth loudly to those who ask and let it be known that it was your truth from your own experiences and it doesn't necessarily have to be their truth, just a possible guide to find what their own truth of anything would be...

Unconditional love I would say in my own words is like it says, loving without conditions. Not requiring anything from them, spending time trying to get something you feel you need from them... like a big one these days is financial needs... spending time looking down on them because they won't spend their time constantly dishing out money to you to buy stuff you really don't need. Not spending your time trying to make them change who they really are in order to cover up from your own "faults". Loving them for who they are reguardless of their "faults" or the times when they did something you considered "bad" as we are not who we were summed up by that one "bad" moment, we are who we have been our whole life...
 Englishman
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/12/2008 1:59:24 AM
"The Law of Gravity is Truth "

There is a rumour going around that the Earth sucks.
 Greg8002
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/12/2008 2:59:11 AM
"Truth is all a matter of perspective."

We could have a long debate about that, but I think it is wandering away from the subject of this thread.

On the topic at hand, I think if both partners are getting married and planning a family, financial stability is a must for both partners (at the very least, one). The couple should have enough money to at least rent or purchase a property, and also have their careers and finances stable enough to properly care for children when they are born.
 fly0nthewall
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/12/2008 7:08:59 AM
I agree absolutely with the following statement:

I think if both partners are getting married and planning a family, financial stability is a must for both partners (at the very least, one). The couple should have enough money to at least rent or purchase a property, and also have their careers and finances stable enough to properly care for children when they are born.

I know that I don't make enough to comfortably support a large family on my own, but I can certainly take care of myself. All I hope for is that the person I end up with is a partner in life, not just along for the ride.
 apainlessend
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/12/2008 7:14:50 AM
Um no F that.

We have a society in which men are the gender minority, and the pie chart of unempoyed men (ON AVERAGE EVEN!!) exceed that of unemployeed women!
This is ridiculous considering WOMEN OUTNUMBER US 3 TO 1!

And that chart has NOT changed much over the past 20 years. social climate has quite a bit to do with it. But bottom line women need to set much higher standards. The mans role is to provide for his family. The woman's is to provide for her family in case the man CAN NOT. There is a pretty big difference between can not and WON'T.

If women, DEMANDED a certain level of security, then that would force men to rise to the occasion...get their education, and find a way. Me? Nah, I did it because I enjoy nice things. And to bring children into a situation without being prepared?!?! That is child abuse in my book. I remember some pretty empty Christmases<---that is so spelled wrong.
 myloves4ever
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/12/2008 7:25:27 AM
blah blah blah blah !!!! here we have a guy that's about as romantic as a slug !! no vission of true romance ,financial , economical ,issues quotes, the level of love two people have for each other ," give me a break " ask you a question ? during the great depression ? how many people are equally yoked financially !! even to venture your mom and dad !!
did they not love each other !! was it irresponsible spending then ? or an inability to keep a job !! wake up and smell the coffee !!dude !! duh !!
life isn't that simple as you portray it to be ! not a fact of life just your side of the coin, and to me you sound a bit jaded and close minded.
not everyne has a rich daddy like donald trump !! or was born to a life of the privilege or wealthy who earn thier money off those you tend to degrade " working class "
true love has no !!boundries or ethnicticty, or culture barriers, neither does it close minded to all types of possibilities, as you my friend like the intellect or vission to observe !! is your wife real or a blowup doll !
remember howard hughes !! billionaire !!how did he die ?never insult love with self absorb issues of riches and wealth or culture differences , you only make yourself out to be a finacially secured fool !!
 ItsMargo
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2008 7:48:06 AM

This is ridiculous considering WOMEN OUTNUMBER US 3 TO 1!

Not sure where you are getting your information... but the 18+ population is approximately 51% women/49% male. This include the over 70 crowd, where women do significantly outnumber men.
 Pink Rose Lady
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/12/2008 8:05:10 AM
It's not a whole lot of fun living in the poor house when there's just not enough $$ to pay all the bills. I've never been in that position, but I do know some folks who live beyond their means. The interest they pay alone on their over-extended credit cards boggle my mind, but they simply pretend it's a fact of life, so long as they can buy whatever they want. Smart? Not to my way of thinking, so no thanks. I'm better off being on my own, but then the economy in Canada is booming.

Pink
 apainlessend
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/12/2008 8:27:54 AM

blah blah blah blah !!!! here we have a guy that's about as romantic as a slug !! no vission of true romance ,financial , economical ,issues quotes, the level of love two people have for each other ," give me a break " ask you a question ? during the great depression ? how many people are equally yoked financially !! even to venture your mom and dad !!
did they not love each other !! was it irresponsible spending then ? or an inability to keep a job !! wake up and smell the coffee !!dude !! duh !!
life isn't that simple as you portray it to be ! not a fact of life just your side of the coin, and to me you sound a bit jaded and close minded.
not everyne has a rich daddy like donald trump !! or was born to a life of the privilege or wealthy who earn thier money off those you tend to degrade " working class "
true love has no !!boundries or ethnicticty, or culture barriers, neither does it close minded to all types of possibilities, as you my friend like the intellect or vission to observe !! is your wife real or a blowup doll !
remember howard hughes !! billionaire !!how did he die ?never insult love with self absorb issues of riches and wealth or culture differences , you only make yourself out to be a finacially secured fool

Wow, Ummm you are 57, and you expect anyone to take you seriously when you make a post accusing my wife of being a blow up doll? (I take it you are predjudice against rubber women? ) Jaded? I am suprised you can define the term, then again it is likely the repitition of a term you heard somewhere, thus explaining your using it out of context. Obviously your "buisness" isn't doing so well, if you are "jaded" enough to be so blind to the fact that is obvious to everyone else:

If you love someone, then you love them enough to make sure they never have to want for anything. THAT is love. To do whatever it takes to ensure they are secure, and happy.

Donald Trump eh? Ha, at 19 I took out private loans to pay for my education because I had a family that didn't appreciate education enough to help me with financial aid.
A veyr poor one, and now I am paid well so my someday wife and children will NEVER SEE THAT GREAT DEPRESSION!

So unfortunatley, Mr. Trump was not there. We live in a country in which opportunity is there for anyone willing to sacrifice to obtain what they want. all people like you do is make excuses. So I wont resort to mentioning your wife as I am an adult. Even though I was not given the same courtesy. :)

So run your game across all the lonely depraved and desperate women here you can find. You've earned it!!!!
 Greg8002
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/12/2008 10:07:08 AM
Personally I think there is a big difference between wanting someone who is financially stable and wanting someone only for their money, or dating them purely for financial reasons. I think financial stability is important where marriage is concerned, because a couple need to live somewhere, and to pay bills, and also to support any children they have. These realities can't be avoided in any way, and indeed under Family Law around the world, a couple is obligated to provide a reasonable standard of support and living both to each other and also to their children. It doesn't matter whether the people are legally married or in a defacto relationship.

However, if the couple are not planning children, or in a less formal relationship than marriage, different financial considerations apply. Even so, some will come into play, but they do not determine a relationship or its outcome. They are just one aspect or part of the overall relationship to consider. Most people don't enter lovingly intimate emotional relationships with other people, or conduct them, with solely financial considerations in mind. But to say that the financial dimension never exists is not true. As with reality generally, no extreme captures it accurately.
 Sharzi
Msg: 122
Posted: 4/12/2008 10:28:53 AM
firebird....

My last boyfriend didn't have anything.... he was BROKE! But I loved him.... enough that we struck up a bargain.... he would work on my house and I would help him financially.

I don't have a problem with a guy who, for whatever reason, fell on hard times. What I have a problem with is a guy who takes advantage of my giving nature. I think once someone does that, it makes you not necessarily trust anyone who really in a bind, so you shy away from that.

Sharzi
 queenR
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/12/2008 10:34:37 AM
First of all, if you know politics...you should know that the President of the United States, spelled Bush, not Busch, as if he manufactures beer or something...is not solely responsible for the economy.....it is a ripple down effect...and your local government can also take the blunt of the responsibility for that...economic depression you are talking about..so let's get that straight first....

About the whole financially stable predicament you find yourself questioning...it is very simple....you cannot live on love alone...sure it is great for a couple of weeks..you know all the passionate sex of new love....but that will wear away when the bills start piling up....to think that love alone gets us thru is dreamy and close-eyed....

I think that as long as your mate can bring some financial stability (this works both ways) it is an aphrodisiac....now if after some time together someone loses their job and the other has to tow the line....pray to God, first and foremost..and you can...at that point with all the love you have for each other...weather the storm....but if the person that has lost their job is not even trying to look for another one...and has a defeatist attitude....then it would be wholly unfair to that other person...love is knowing that the "two of us can make it together" not just one...and if all he does is yardwork but still brings in steady income...then he is financially stable.....maybe you can inspire your mate to be a landscaper...believe in their skills....or if she is a part time aide at school...believe in her and allow her to go to night school to further her education...

last but not least...since you read Romeo and Juliet...you must remember they were still children.....so that example does not apply here.....we are all responsible adults and if we want to make an impression on a nice lady/gentlemen we must financially hold our own.
 queenR
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/12/2008 10:45:16 AM
I find it highly offensive as a Christian and as a lady...that you presume to read your Bible there is no commandment that says "Do unto others...." Jesus said this in the Sermon on the Mount......

and you scream religious rhetoric , then you call us ladies...SLUTS....you go to the left...far left...then you go to the right......to the left, to the right....

you have no foundation in your life for all your banterings......you say that everyone on POF is repressed sexually and losers.......

what happened to your "love your neighbor"

You are first and foremost.....a hypocrite.....
Secondly....self-contradictory........

I will pray to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus, that you find true peace in your life....prayers for you is all you have left.....
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2008 11:47:32 AM
^^^^^ Yes, and he also conveniently overlooked
1 Timothy 5:8: But if any provide not for his own, especially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is WORSE than an infidel.
AND,
2 Thessalonians 3:10 ....that if any would not work, NEITHER should he eat.

There are literally dozens of references to good "stewardship".....which refers specifically to financial responsibility. The OPs rant sounds strangely reminicient of the serpent's speech...."hath God REALLY said ( that you will die)???"

It's just truly bizzare that anyone would advocate financial instability as a lofty goal...and then try to pass it off as a Christian ideal? Sound more to me like his goal is to attempt to discredit Christianity...not to promote any portion of it. I see his next rant being something along the lines of...."If God loved you, then why are you poor?" Please also note that "stability" does NOT mean "wealth"...it simply means that you live within your means. I know of many "poor" people who are FAR more financially stable than a lot of millionaires.

No, very clearly this is just a pity thread looking for reinforcement for being lazy and irresponsible.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what if your "soul mate" is NOT financial stable