Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > How do you answer this??????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MermaidSari
Msg: 5
view profile
History
How do you answer this??????Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
OT -- what is so difficult about posting a photo here versus sending one to your personal e-mail?

I personally would 'ask' myself *why* the person has no photo posted 'here' and probably not give out my personal e-address to begin with.

(Sorry I realize this might be of no help at all...but then again it might help you out if this situation as stated is recurring. Let's practice: can I send you my photo to you personal e-mail address. I have a husband and don't want to post it here...um...I mean I don't want my employer to know I'm single? Oh, now I'm sooooo confused ). Answer: [this is where you don't respond back to the e-mail]. :-p
 matchlessm
Msg: 6
How do you answer this??????
Posted: 4/8/2008 2:41:27 PM
When women have e-mailed suggesting they contact me through my personal e-mail, I've sent back a short note thanking them for their interest but explaining I don't do that. And I just don't answer e-mails from women who don't have a picture posted. That's what I'd expect if our positions were reversed.
 SirRobert
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/8/2008 8:14:21 PM
*lol*.... glad you said YOUR credit card number.

I feel fair's fair. If I post one... you probably should to. I've yet to ask for a photo from someone who has contacted me without... but don't really let the conversation advance beyond occasional chatting. It begs the question... why can't you post a photo?
 RUFOREAL
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 9:38:51 AM
I think honesty is the best policy. A simple thanks for the photo, and good luck in your search. Physical attraction is pretty high up on the list (especially for the men) but also for the ladies. Apparently she was attracted to what she saw when she opened your profile, and has probably passed up many people here based on the photos. So she will understand the process I am sure. As others here have said, I wouldnt make any mean spirited comments, but would just let her know that your initial reaction is that she just isnt your type.
Good luck
 socal_Tom
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/11/2008 6:22:02 PM
Hey Mark use this line ----- It,s not you it,s me ,I think your great really & I have a really bad rash right now that just won,t clear up
 BreaMark
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2008 9:23:36 PM
Tom . . .. . . only you could come up with a line like that.

By the way , I might use that.
 dreamingbirds
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/14/2008 7:43:18 PM
It is a curious thing when a person does not post a picture on the POF profile.
First off I ask myself Y. For me it is easier to say that if they want to chat with me or get to know me the first step is to post a picture. Sorry Mr. Brea you are way to attractive to talk with women that do not want to post a picture.
Give them your phone number and see if you like chatting. You can tell alot about a person over the phone.
 BreaMark
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2008 8:17:57 PM
First of all, I would like to say that the checks are in the mail to both of the previous responders who had such nice things to say about me (just the way I told them to say it )

But giving out your phone number !!!! . . . . . . the caution light starts flashing. I personally like to chat a bit prior to the phone calls. Chatting seems to be so much safer to me, phone calls are more personal. And without the photo . . . . . .

"way too attractive!!!" Nice . . . . . .
 ldytrkr
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/17/2008 8:43:11 AM
I get rejected everyday. No biggie. I am comfortable in who I am so if some fella doesnt find me attractive thats fine. I send out emails alot and sometimes never get an answer from those I have emailed. I dont take offence at all. I have pics posted on my profile and yes they are all me and recent. Maybe the ones that dont have pics dont feel that they have one they are comfortable with.
 SoCalGal5219
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/18/2008 10:38:12 AM
My reply: "Nope, not interested!"
 CoronaGirlErin
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/25/2008 1:50:33 AM
Have you thought of choosing the option on your mail settings that each person MUST have a photo?
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/17/2008 11:12:02 PM
I agree. It is rude not to respond.
 BeLeJeBKaaN
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/22/2008 5:19:13 AM
Check the box "you must have a picture posted to contact this user" and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

If they post anything other than a picture of themselves such as a pet to skirt the above requirement merely report them for not having a picture of themselves posted.
 Diana619
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/22/2008 4:57:20 PM

I agree. It is rude not to respond.

I totally disagree^^^. You need a thick skin for online dating. If you are so sensitive that a no response will ruin your day........then try another avenue in dating for Gods sake. Why is a written rejection more acceptable to some people than a no response (meaning .........NOT interested)?
 Foster1
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2008 6:41:23 PM
How do you answer that without . . .
1). Hurting her feelings.
2). Looking like a superficial pig.
3). Or playing games.

I'm sure you know by now that hurting someone's feelings is not up to you.

I'm sure you know by now that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and she should understand that she may not be attractive to someone else.

I'm sure you know by now that there are no real guarantees. Just be honest and up front like you have been and let the cards fall where they may.

I'm sure you know by now if you were in control of peoples perceptions; feelings; and morality you probably wouldn't be fishing.

Good Luck
 Foster1
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2008 8:35:30 PM
Absurd a loser is a loser , 20 photos or 0 photos. 2 clicks up my friend! waiting solves nothing. Get a grip to each its own. Maybe if I had nothing to lose I 'd post my photo next to yours. Maybe if wanted to be a loser I'd post my photo next to your.

Reality check 1 click up.
 Foster1
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2008 8:40:28 PM
TakeMeTheWayIAm. What! You, Yours, I, who cares. Wait on what?

Foster1
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2008 8:43:11 PM
OK! I went over board on that one my apologies. Forgive me for being a Jerk.
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/22/2008 9:34:19 PM
I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But I would probably reply to the initial query that I don't usually date someone who doesn't post a picture to nip it in the bud. If the person feels confident enough to send one anyway, I don't need to fret about whether or not they can take a rejection. But to say, "sure, go ahead," draws you into the drama. Who needs it?
 Diana619
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/23/2008 3:51:54 PM

They took the time and effort to write you.....

o.k.^^^.............So now you are to feel obligated to take the time and respond back to that perfect stranger who you will never correspond with or actually meet. And to add insult to the injury...........spell out for them just exactly WHY you are not interested. Naaaah...........not me. I don't like hurting peoples feelings.
 Diana619
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/23/2008 5:01:50 PM
by not responding what exact message are you sending then ?

jeeze.................get a clue already. No response means NOT interested. Off topic..but......... sorry about your beloved dog.
 Janet4ever
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/5/2008 11:53:26 AM
"I don't think we are a match" works for me as well... leave it vague in the "why" but clear on the no.
 mamasboy069
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/23/2013 6:29:28 AM
Its very simple...........afta the 3rd email,she talks on the phone with u an also turns her cam on,,,if she wont do that,tell her to hit the road.

opinions r like arseholes,everyone has 1 an everybody thinks everyone elses stinks
hows that hope an changewerkinout 4 u?
i enjoy my differ spelling,its fun,
 Hoopsfan68
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/24/2013 11:49:40 PM
I have to agree with honesty is the best in this scenario. I actually had this happen to me. When I see a man's picture, I try and visualize myself with him (non-sexual, of course), and if I can, then I go from there. Once the guy sent me his photo, I said thanks but noted I did not think we would be a good fit and wished him the best with his continued search. I think I will update and use the photo filter for email from now on.
 mamasboy069
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/28/2013 5:47:27 AM
^^^^^^.............i try to visualize my self with him in a soo hott sexual manner,then i go from there of course,woohoo

Now ur tawken lets get real here.

the proofs in the puddin.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > How do you answer this??????