Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 367
Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?Page 11 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Yeah, i'm not very familiar with Amy, most of the Comedy Central shows like "Nathan for you" and "Inside Amy Schumer" just didn't spark with me. But if memory serves, I think I found one of her standups while flipping channels, and the scene in the movie at the baby shower, where she and the wives are comparing notes, that's a ripoff from her own standup routine about that, yes? It does sound like she is making social commentary about women and their behavior, I think I can agree with that.

thank you for the article, b/c it does raise an interesting point: is feminism about letting women behave just as childish as some men do, and (presumably) get away with? I can think of the examples of binge drinking or cigarette smoking or a dozen other things, once it seemed socially acceptable for women to have these vices, they jumped in with both feet. but just b/c you can do it...should you?

There are some men who brag about their conquests, and it seems they get away with it...around also-immature people. But do mature adults condone a bad boy who still uses drugs past the age of 30 and still sees sex as a conquest? Is Amy's character in the movie looked down upon by the audience (it doesn't seem like anyone in the movie questions it until it affects them directly) and others b/c she's a woman doing it...or just b/c she's doing it? to me, the latter is the real trainwreck.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 368
Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?
Posted: 10/20/2017 8:18:16 AM
I like Amy.
I saw the movie Trainwreck and I took it for what it was.
Just a stupid movie to pass the time. It wasn't an assignment, so I
didn't take a lesson from it.

I was glad she ended up with that guy at the end (I've already forgotten
who it was) because I like happy endings.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 369
Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?
Posted: 10/20/2017 9:08:52 AM
I’ll be seeing you in detention!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 370
Posted: 10/20/2017 9:41:32 AM
You wish you were seeing me in detention!

Baron1644
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 4:42:36 PM
Obligingly because you are an American I will try to correct your error, and educate you.
I wonder If you were shown a world map with no country names mentioned, would you be able to find the US of A, or Canada, without looking it up do you know how many countries you share a common border with? Or how many stars and stripes you have on your COUNTRY FLAG?
Google advises >> There are 196 countries in the world today. Taiwan is not considered an official country by many, which would bring the count down to 195 countries. Although Taiwan operates as an independent country, many countries (including the U.S.) do not officially recognize it as one. If you add the Vatican city, ( 1. Vatican City is the smallest country in the world. Encircled by a 2-mile border with Italy, Vatican City is an independent city-state that covers just over 100 acres, making it one-eighth the size of New York's Central Park. Vatican City is governed as an absolute monarchy with the pope at its head.) and Kosono >>>>Kosovo is a self-declared country in southeastern Europe. It was a province of Serbia until 2008, when the people of Kosovo declared their independence. ... Formerly a province of Serbia, Kosovo is a self-declared independent country in the Balkans region of southeastern Europe.Sep 22, 2017 Taiwan also known as the Republic of China is accepted by 22 other countries as a Country, although the USA has a massive navy fleet for the defence of Taiwan since 1949.
If the above countries are added to the 195 countries there should be 198 countries.
The question we should ask is: what is considered to be a country? Is it when the US says it is, or when the people who live on that piece of land proclaim they are a country a good example is the Islands of Aruba, Sint Maarten and Curacao in the Caribbean, you can add an other 3 countries to the total now we have 201 countries, and so does the list of countries keep growing.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 372
Posted: 10/20/2017 4:56:47 PM
What the hell is that shit and who is it directed toward?

sun___flower
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 5:09:21 PM
^^^ I think it escaped from Off Topic. :-/
 spot4username
Msg: 374
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 5:51:20 PM
Someone is going to lose their internet privileges at the home.
 Baron1644
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 6:50:54 PM
Did the cap fit you?
If not, that means it was not directed towards you.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 376
Posted: 10/22/2017 9:16:47 AM
Hey, you all better be nice to Baron, or he will send Vito, Mugsy, and Tony over to pay you a little visit.
 spot4username
Msg: 377
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2017 9:18:53 AM
^^^
Are they hot? And single?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2017 11:55:55 AM

Did the cap fit you?
If not, that means it was not directed towards you.

But it didn't fit this thread, though -- I think that's the point. :)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 379
Posted: 10/22/2017 1:59:25 PM

Did the cap fit you?

Huh? What? What does toothpaste have to do with any of this? .............................I checked.................yep, cap's on, whew!
 4Lky
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2017 4:53:18 PM
sex is the elephant in the room...

its been said that a women will know within 30 seconds of meeting a guy if she EVER intends to sleep with him

so now, who is really playing the games?
 spot4username
Msg: 381
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2017 4:55:56 PM
^^
You probably shouldn't listen to everything that you hear.

I know pretty quickly if I have no interest in being intimate with a person. It usually takes a while to decide if I do want to be intimate. Those two things are not the same thing.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 382
 NewYorker58
Msg: 383
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2017 7:45:13 PM
It sounds like a lot of the men are reading some bad articles or books about women. It's never good to generalize. That's what the problem is, not getting to know your date which everyone should do, male or female.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 384
Posted: 10/24/2017 7:07:17 AM
Yeah, I'm with Ms. Spot.
I know right away if I have no interest and I've never changed my mind once decided no.
Once I decide it's possible, I can still change my mind to no.
I can see the difference as well.

I kind of like to know about sex early on. Maybe not during dinner, but certainly
during the cannoli...
 ohenryx
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2017 8:16:22 AM

I kind of like to know about sex early on. Maybe not during dinner, but certainly
during the cannoli...

Hmmm.... Could that be a reference to ...

Nah. Sometimes a cannoli is just a cannoli.

Messages this short may not be posted
 gtomustang
Msg: 386
Posted: 10/24/2017 2:31:11 PM
"its been said that a women will know within 30 seconds of meeting a guy if she EVER intends to sleep with him"

"you probably shouldn't pay attention to everything that you hear/read"

>>>reminds me of the old saw about how we only use a percentage of our brains. It came from attempts long ago to sell memory-enhancement courses, but the fact our head puts out more heat than any other part of our body, suggests our brains are working at capacity, just like computers put out massive amounts of heat.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 387
Posted: 10/24/2017 3:07:44 PM
Which head are you referring too?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2017 5:01:04 PM

but the fact our head puts out more heat than any other part of our body, suggests our brains are working at capacity

Or it proves that hot air rises, and comes out of people's mouths.

It sounds like a lot of the men are reading some bad articles or books about women.

I don't think men need to read bad articles or books about women to form an impression.

Real life interactions tell us plenty.
 Inicia
Msg: 389
Posted: 10/25/2017 7:23:44 AM
^^ Ditto...............................................................................
 NewYorker58
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2017 1:53:45 PM
I would think every relationship starts with both parties seeing each other as someone they want to have sex with. For women, it can come down to when they feel comfortable doing it.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 391
Posted: 10/25/2017 8:18:19 PM
LOL Pretty much knew yay or nay in 30 seconds. When meeting face to face.

However yay or nay, does not translate into automatic, 1st date sex, 2nd date sex, 3rd date sex. ..............
IT does translate to "Hell yah!", or "Not in this lifetime".
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >