Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 417
Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?Page 13 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
^^^

You lost this one

Take BOB and go back to Cuba
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 418
Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?
Posted: 10/30/2017 4:47:30 PM

However, you are incorrect too often

Prove it.

Never got over me saying you look like Boy George eh!. Never made a post to me till then.

Oh, no. Your memory is failing you, too. I made a post to you long before then. Yeah, your Boy George comparison really gnawed at my heart and soul, especially when I saw how many people agreed with you.

You're crazier than a shithouse rat.
 moraima
Msg: 419
view profile
History
Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?
Posted: 10/30/2017 5:27:49 PM
"You're crazier than a shithouse rat."

You wish.

Keep proving my point with your insults.

"especially when I saw how many people agreed with you."

Most people know what happens when they disagree with you. They just can't be bothered.

I can handle your insults especially because you are just proving my point.
Keep up the good work.

"especially when I saw how many people agreed with you."

So you would have been crushed if people spoke out and posted that they agreed. Sure you would.

Don't worry. This snowbird will be flocking off soon.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 420
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2017 7:46:56 PM
Lili, all good reasons to hire someone. I paid for someone to rebrick my chimney. It felt odd to have someone doing something that I possibly could have tackled, but it would have taken me forever and at the same time it felt good to relegate it to someone else. I met a guy that had simple things done by hiring someone and he said something similar to you about his time being worth money and he also said he wants a more professional look that he would not give to the jobs.

I'm not offended by what The Pig said. I think I got off easy. I could have ended up like this
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 421
Posted: 10/30/2017 8:15:06 PM

I'm not offended by what The Pig said. I think I got off easy.

That's because there was absolutely nothing to be offended by. I asked you a question, you answered it with a question, and I answered that. There was not a single trace of an insult or a "tantrum" to be found, yet the senile senior citizen had a wild hallucination of something more occurring.

Oh, and for the record, I have never dealt with "gold diggers" or users. If I sense there are ulterior motives, they're done. The women I involve myself with have their own money. However, I have avoided *marriage* due to the sorry ass courts giving women all the power to pulverize men.

I'm sure every man *wants* to believe his Pookie McSnookums would never hurt him for her own gain if the opportunity presented itself, but time has shown that life is full of all sorts of surprises.
 gtomustang
Msg: 422
Posted: 10/31/2017 3:57:15 AM
"Women need to make their own money so they can do what they want"

>>>this is why everyone should stay in school, learn how to manage money and how to work smart rather than hard. It leads to having more options in life,rather than marrying Prince Charming or Mrs. MyFatherOwnsALiquorStore--and then all the money you get, has strings attached. Some maintenance I enjoy doing when the weather is nice. When its bitter cold, I don't want to do an oil change on the car in an icy driveway, for example, even tho its easy-peasy any other time of the year and makes for a nice feeling of accomplishment even if I do nothing else that day. but then, i'm also blessed with time, some people are too busy.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 423
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2017 6:07:46 PM
Mustang, you're full of knowledge, do you know why these laws about splitting things were first made? Maybe they were meant for long ago and different times?

Ya know Pig, these laws, while they may hurt men more now, they don't exclude women, and believe me, I know all about that from my first marriage. A man can protect his money, so I don't know if there is a real reason not to get married to someone that has less than you or makes less than you. Once a person retires, and if they meet someone retired, then it wouldn't really make a difference, because I think you only split money that you make together after marrying.
 gtomustang
Msg: 424
Posted: 11/3/2017 11:24:35 PM
well, i'm full of something, alright...but which "splitting things" were you referring to?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 425
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2017 12:35:45 AM
Splitting monetary worth when divorcing. I wonder why this practice started. I did find this, written by a lawyer:

An answer could be that when people get married, absent an agreement to the contrary they are melding their lives together, physically, emotionally, and financially. It's a contract where the two become one. They accumulate assets and wealth as a couple regardless of who may pay the bills and who may put their money into savings. They work their life as a team. When the contract no longer works and the team ends up splitting up in a divorce, it is only right that they divide what they have built together. Typically, it is not just the wealth (assets) that they split but also the debts as well.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 426
Posted: 11/4/2017 8:59:00 AM
www.divorceknowledgebase.com/guides/property-division/

Google is a girl's best friend.

I have no idea what.............. divorce settlement laws, have to do with older men acting like teenagers, asking about sex.............before, during, or after?
 from site to sight
Msg: 427
Posted: 11/4/2017 8:59:37 AM
"Typically, it is not just the wealth (assets) that they split but also the debts as well."

But, how many people are willing to get a pre-nup (and keep it updated) to insure all assets and debts are divided equally? Many people would be totally against the idea-saying it's planning for divorce-and would rather take the chance that could turn into a messy and costly divorce if the marriage goes down the tubes.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 428
Posted: 11/4/2017 12:13:02 PM
Even breathe the word "prenup" to most women, and you'll be met with"OMG!! YOU DON'T TRUST ME???!! HOW CAN WE BE TOGETHER IF YOU DON'T TRUST ME!!"
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 429
Posted: 11/4/2017 12:19:37 PM
https://brandongaille.com/18-interesting-prenuptial-agreement-statistics/

Yepper, wish I'd had a prenup, to protect me from my 2nd husband. He didn't have any money.............self explanatory.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 430
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2017 2:36:49 PM
LIR, I read about the reasoning for splitting things and thought there was more to it. It's to split things, because in a marriage, you become partners. But, you can keep things made or given before marriage if you don't co-mingle.

Site to sight, Pig, it's all about what people are used to. Celebrities have prenups all the time. Site, with a prenup, you don't have to split 50/50. If a person doesn't want to bother with one, it's their choice, but it's there to be used. A big thing a person can do themselves is to not co-mingle.
 gtomustang
Msg: 431
Posted: 11/4/2017 3:19:09 PM
"splitting monetary worth when divorcing, I wonder why this practice started"

>>at the risk of sounding cynical...much marriage was done for financial stability, esp. when we were agrarian and at the mercy of the weather. And of course there needs to be provisions for taking care of children. Before pension plans and Social Security, a daughter's purity (ie virginity) was property of the family, since it was a marketable commodity. And as we know, the idea of a man spending for everything on the date, was to show he could bring home the bacon (a saying from the time when a pig's carass was distributed as a bonus, and bacon was the best piece to bring home). Arranged marriages weren't about being happy, but about becoming secure. We know about royalty marrying to gain land, but there were nobles who also wanted to secure their future, via their bloodlines. The hoi polloi may be able to marry for love, except without a car, how are they going to meet anyone outside their village? Dowries might still be required to ensure no one was wasting their time.

Also, business can only sell so much product if it relies only on cash, b/c only so many people are liquid. Credit is a way to get around that, and of course, credit only works when the business knows they'll get paid even if your ship sinks at sea or you get eaten by a wooly mammoth. If the business can stick your spouse with the debt...they're more willing to give it to you. And its why allowing same sex marriage helps, b/c its more people joining together to afford a house and American made durable goods to put inside. Just like a business, however, when the deal is broken and the partners separate, they are allowed to get their half...if they can prove it.

as for prenups, only insecure people ask about it. For anyone else, its a status symbol...you must have landed a real whale, for a pre-nup to come into the picture. or the dude asking for a pre-nup, has a real inflated sense of their worth. probably someone who landed into their money accidentally and knows they don't have what it takes to re-earn that back again.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 432
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2017 7:35:54 PM
Mustang, I saw a show on PBS about how nobleman not being able to maintain their mansions in England, like ones in "Downton Abbey", they courted American heiresses to marry them for $$$$.
 from site to sight
Msg: 433
Posted: 11/5/2017 7:51:43 AM
There are still some cultures that have arranged marriages. Although it's rare for a couple in an arranged marriage to divorce-but if they do, shouldn't the parents of the couple that are divorcing pay all legal costs and any spousal payment and child support if it's mandated by court, since it's the parents who messed up and mismatched the couple? They are the ones responsible for arranging a bad marriage.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 434
Posted: 11/5/2017 11:03:33 AM
Implement the dowry system in America

The parents can pay the groom to marry their white elephant daughter.
 gtomustang
Msg: 435
Posted: 11/5/2017 4:01:45 PM
Yeah, Great Britain was at the height in the Victorian Age (ie named after their leader) before WW1, had the best navy, but it faltered under its load, the Germans would build their own navy, and of course America had more raw materials under its soil and in its woods while it, too, benefited from the Industrial Age. Thus the results you witnessed around the time of WW1--not to mention our laborforce-age citizens died in much fewer numbers, to return home with all the skills learned in the military and apply in business.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/victorians/overview_victorians_01.shtml

http://www.history.com/news/history-lists/5-things-victorian-women-didnt-do-much

site to site, interesting point. I suspect the parents arrange the marriage more to carry on blood lines than for the happiness of the couple, so perhaps the divorce is more done over lack of happiness than ability to reproduce, and that's how they get around it?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 436
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2017 6:41:04 PM

as for prenups, only insecure people ask about it. For anyone else, its a status symbol...you must have landed a real whale, for a pre-nup to come into the picture.

I don't agree with that. I think it can certainly bring insecure people into the picture... but it can also make insecure people blatantly NOT wanting to sign one, too. I think our Culture makes it so thinking/asking about one is a faux-pas. Look -- it's not about the marriage. It's about what happens *IF* you then become NOT married. If one's argument is "we're going to be together forever" -- then it shouldn't bother them as it'll have Zero effect. You could say "If we divorce, in this contract, we have to tattoo donald duck on our foreheads," and by their rationale they Should be OK with that. Much the same as if in a marriage contract, if it said I willfully had sexual intercourse with a GUY when not under the influence of any drugs, I'd have to tattoo donald duck on my forehead.

Sure, fine, whatever. Now, I'd say "Why would you have to make me sign that? It kinda makes me look stupid," so I can see that. But that's more that it's one-sided. If there was a clause to her like, she has to if she willfully slept with a horse -- I'd be like, okay, fine - lol. But then one would say "Why do all that?" Understandable there, as it's weird. Half of marriages end in divorce -- which is WAY more than needed to have an "IF we end up unwedding..." terms in it. That's not weird.

Me crying foul on THAT would be like me crying foul of the Terms & Conditions of a lifetime free contract to get all the ESPN channels no matter what my cable provider or lack thereof. I may not like the SPECIFIC terms of "IF you end this lifetime free contract", but even though I would LOVE such a free contract and I would never think of leaving it, I'd be the weirdo if I was crying foul about ANY "IF you leave this lifetime free contract" terms in the fine print. :)

like ones in "Downton Abbey", they courted American heiresses to marry them for $$$$.

Or Downtown Abbey, where a gal named Abbey courts American men on the street corner for cash in exchange for a quick roll in the hey-hey-hey. :)
 zonavar68
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2017 8:40:16 PM
Dating sites, esp. this one and others in the match.com portfolio, are sex hookup sites. Pure and simple. No point pretending they aren't just a different version of Tinder, etc.
 gtomustang
Msg: 438
Posted: 11/8/2017 5:18:18 AM
consider pre-nups this way, NG...how many people ask before sex, "can you get tested and show me the results?" Not everyone does, but we generally accept it as a rational request, rather than an insinuation that we're a skank with an STD.

personally, I think a good marriage requires two like-minded individuals, so if one plans for the worst case scenario with a pre-nup, and the other partner doesn't believe in safety nets...that may just be a red flag. or not.
 from site to sight
Msg: 439
Posted: 11/8/2017 6:03:36 PM
The best solution to the pre-nup dilemma is not bother getting married. If people have been in the 3 ring circus known as marriage with disastrous results, what's the point of repeating the deed? Live together, live apart or whatever arrangements a couple makes, doesn't require proof of marriage.
 jmoney198622
Msg: 440
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2017 9:29:29 PM
They don’t they love older women. Much better
 jmoney198622
Msg: 441
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2017 9:35:09 PM
I think that is totally not true, I love older women
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >