Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 478
Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?Page 19 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
There are a higher number of people in the 59+ age bracket who are out-of-shape---however, this applies to both men and women. If anything, there are more women than men who fit this description. Why? Because women tend to outlive men, so there are more of them available in the 59 and up age bracket.
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 479
Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?
Posted: 2/14/2018 1:33:45 PM

Why do women in the late 60's constantly talk about "chemistry" in their profiles which is just sexual attraction?
Do you really expect some guy who is balding, has a gut and probably jowls as well to make your toes tingle?

Who are you to decide what these women find attractive or who they can have chemistry with. Attractiveness is subjective. Ask 10 women who they think is attractive and you will probably get 10 different answers. All that matters is he is attractive to HER. Doesn't matter how many bowl of soup he brings her if she isnt attracted to him. You wouldn't sleep with a woman you werent attracted to, so why would you expect a woman to sleep with a man she isn't attracted to.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 480
view profile
History
Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?
Posted: 2/14/2018 1:34:58 PM
What's to not understand? Alcoholism kills a person's looks most times.

When I'm out and about, I see both older men and women looking like they can barely walk. I feel for them, but not about their looks, but about their poor health. I wish for people that they go into old age in good shape. It's no fun depending on others to help you.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 481
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2018 11:42:58 AM

Attractiveness is subjective.

I guess it was just a coincidence that Errol Flynn got all those romantic swashbuckling leading man roles instead of Harpo Marx.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2018 11:49:57 AM
^^^^true that.
But what about Humphrey Bogart?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 483
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2018 12:18:56 PM

If anything, there are more women than men who fit this description. Why? Because women tend to outlive men, so there are more of them available in the 59 and up age bracket.

Hmmm, I can see getting that impression because there's more women popping up 59+, thus, you see more out-of-shape people, and oh, more women. But it doesn't mean Of the 59+ people, more women are more out of shape than men. There's just more women in general.

Who are you to decide what these women find attractive or who they can have chemistry with.

Well, first, he was saying "chemistry" is (most of the time) just a kind/PC word for "sexual attraction", whether said person truly realizes it or not.

Attractiveness is subjective. Ask 10 women who they think is attractive and you will probably get 10 different answers.

Yeah, so "chemistry" is about who they find attractive, really (barring deal-breakers that pop-up). But no, attractiveness IS NOT (purely) SUBJECTIVE. :) It has a subjective element to it. We'd LIKE to think it's purely subjective to protect our egos. But it's easy as heck to see it's not close to purely subjective. Subjectivity is just an element in it.

If you took 10 randomly picked men in a crowd (by a computer), and if you took 10 women -- and asked them who they thought was attractive or not... No, you would not get random answers. Otherwise, you'd see Random variants on looks in everything from Sears catalogs to bikini calendars. The core has a strong universal element to it, which can vary some from there.

Alcoholism kills a person's looks most times.

Depends on how you define alcoholic. The AA people think anyone who Likes to have a drink, and will (to any frequency). A less crazy definition, where you're a "weekend alcoholic" -- meaning you tie one on every Fri & Sat night, not Just a few (but not necessarily Wasted; but that'll happen)... I wouldn't say it kills looks. Stress kills looks over time, so I guess if they do that because they are stressed out, to unwind, one could say it's the lesser of two evils if they don't get truly Wasted every Fri & Sat (then it'd just be an even trade).
 NewYorker58
Msg: 484
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2018 1:48:13 PM
Chemistry to me is about how a person expresses himself IRL. How he laughs and smiles and puts words together, how he treats me, facial features when talking.

Alcohol can create those swollen looking, big pored, filled with broken capillary, noses, and a puffy face. I've known weekend warriors for drinking and drugs, but also high functioning ones that can drink 2 6 pks a night or a large bottle of wine and still go to work. They look like hell though.
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 485
Posted: 2/16/2018 2:09:12 PM

Well, first, he was saying "chemistry" is (most of the time) just a kind/PC word for "sexual attraction", whether said person truly realizes it or not.

He was saying a woman should go for the guy who is nice and brings soup. Soup is not chemistry or attraction. Doesn't matter how much soup someone brings you if you don't find them attractive, You still aren't going to want to sleep with them. Chemistry and attraction are two different things. I could be attracted to someones looks but if they open their mouth and sound like Gomer Pyle there will be no chemisty. I dont like stupid men.

If you took 10 randomly picked men in a crowd (by a computer), and if you took 10 women -- and asked them who they thought was attractive or not... No, you would not get random answers. Otherwise, you'd see Random variants on looks in everything from Sears catalogs to bikini calendars. The core has a strong universal element to it, which can vary some from there.

People are attracted to different things in others. Some men like large women. Some women like small men. Some men like brunettes, some women like blonds. The list goes on. Everyone has their own preferences. I still say different people will find different people attractive.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 486
Posted: 2/16/2018 4:32:01 PM
https://youtu.be/OTjd0qHuZ1A

Those thick swollen noses are "rhinophyma" Dr. Sandra Lee shows a few patients in her You Tube channel.

A.A.'s definition of alcoholic

https://www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-1_thisisaa1.pdf

Only You Can Decide
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 487
Posted: 2/16/2018 4:55:44 PM
That was one of the most disgusting videos I've ever seen. I don't think that man's blackhead issue was caused by alcoholism. I didn't see broken capillaries.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 488
Posted: 2/16/2018 5:49:29 PM
" I don't think that man's blackhead issue was caused by alcoholism. "

It's not, IMO another poster in here inferred all people w/ thick noses (like those who have rhinophyma) are alcoholics.

They're not.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rhinophyma&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS780US781&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjy1dCI66vZAhUEzIMKHczwDsAQ_AUICigB&biw=1242&bih=602

Does Alcoholism Cause Rhinophyma?
For many years, heavy alcohol consumption was blamed as the cause of rhinophyma. This conclusion was not a far stretch as alcohol can have a devastating effect on your vascular system. The consumption of alcohol tends to cause the brain’s regulation of vascular function to fail on some level, which often leads to enlarged vessels in the face and neck. These enlarged vessels will cause the face to flush, or redden.

Recent studies have debunked this assumption after many patients who did not suffer from alcoholism or consume alcohol on a regular basis have been clinically diagnosed with rhinophyma. While the exact cause of rhinophyma is unknown, it is suspected that circulatory issues and vascular irregularities can help to aggravate the condition.

http://www.rehabcenter.net/alcoholic-nose-rhinophyma-rosacea/
 NewYorker58
Msg: 489
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2018 7:40:48 PM
Are you referring to me, because I said nothing like that. I said, "Alcohol can create those swollen looking, big pored, filled with broken capillary, noses, and a puffy face."

I'll see you a link and raise you a quote☺:

Swelling
Some forms of rosacea are so severe that the patient develops rhinoplyma, or a bulbous nose. In other cases, the bulbous look is caused by expanded sweat glands in the nose. So why does an alcoholic’s nose become bulbous? Drinking long enough and often enough and the swelling can become permanent.

That’s not the only area of the body affected by alcohol. You may wonder why an alcoholic’s face swells. One reason is the expansion of blood vessels in their face. Another has to do with your salivary glands. As you drink, your saliva gets stickier, which blocks salivary ducts and causes the parotid glands in your face to swell and make your face look puffy.

Taken from: https://www.12keysrehab.com/blog/the-physical-effects-of-alcoholism/
 dragonbytes
Msg: 490
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2018 9:17:58 PM

After all what is there left when were to old and the sex is gone.

We can talk about sex and watch old beta videos we recorded in the 80s.
 ohenryx
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2018 11:38:09 AM

After all what is there left when were to old and the sex is gone.

dragonbytes
We can talk about sex and watch old beta videos we recorded in the 80s.

Old videos you recorded of the two of you having sex? (smile)

The sex doesn’t have to be gone, just because you got older. You might not be capable of swinging from the chandeliers, but there are ways and means …
 south_city
Msg: 492
Posted: 2/23/2018 12:52:22 PM

People are attracted to different things in others. Some men like large women. Some women like small men. Some men like brunettes, some women like blonds. The list goes on. Everyone has their own preferences. I still say different people will find different people attractive.

Yes and no. Attractive can be subjective on an individual level. But in a large group, some physical traits in general will be more or less attractive compared to others. Most men would probably would prefer an athletic / fit woman over a BBW. More women would prefer a taller man over a shorter man.

so why would you expect a woman to sleep with a man she isn't attracted to.

He is rich, famous, and/or powerful. LOL.
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 493
Posted: 2/23/2018 1:37:35 PM

so why would you expect a woman to sleep with a man she isn't attracted to.

He is rich, famous, and/or powerful. LOL.

No fool like an old fool.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 494
Posted: 2/23/2018 2:34:56 PM

No fool like an old fool.

As long as they have their Va jay jay collection to play with, all is right in the world.

There should be a section in this forum titled:

Dirty Old Men
 daynadaze
Msg: 495
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2018 6:06:11 PM
Looks are as varied as any other thing people are looking for in another person. Some people have very closed ideas and cannot see that others are very open.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 496
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2018 12:35:53 AM
When guys have one foot on a banana peel, they may say they don't care about a women's looks. Or if they're destitute, they don't care. Those types are more apt to suggest marriage so they have someone to take care of them or for a way to live.
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 497
Posted: 2/24/2018 3:54:10 AM
^^^ I think they refer to that as a nurse and a purse.
 from site to sight
Msg: 498
Posted: 2/24/2018 4:51:26 AM
^^^The flip side of that is the gold digger. A lot of women wouldn't be interested in a guy who isn't financially well off.
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 499
Posted: 2/24/2018 5:56:21 AM

The flip side of that is the gold digger. A lot of women wouldn't be interested in a guy who isn't financially well off.

Most of the single women I know have their own money. They just quit being interested in men because they are tired of their bullshit. Sometimes when you people go on about all these desperate women lining up looking for men to buy them food and look after them financially, I wonder what the feck planet you live on.

I personally, don't know any women who don't work. They certainly wouldn't put up with some bozo just to get a free meal.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 500
Posted: 2/24/2018 8:01:33 AM

They certainly wouldn't put up with some bozo just to get a free meal.

clap....clap....
Apparently...some women do or the men keep using this assumption to feel they are needed for our survival......pfft
I do chuckle when a man has in his headline..."If you're looking for a free meal...move on"
Usually the word (your) used.
Jaysus!!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 501
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2018 8:54:32 AM
I don't know any women that aren't working.

Abnormal men think they're paying for sex by taking a woman out on a date, then feel they're gold diggers when there's no sex or a 2nd date. 1. Your date is not a prostitute. 2. Your date does not owe you a 2nd date.
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 502
Posted: 2/24/2018 9:37:41 AM

Abnormal men think they're paying for sex by taking a woman out on a date

Yes, I try to stay away from men who equate dating with hooking. Some guys will scream gold digger if he buys a lady a coffee and doesn't get laid.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >