Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > LOW INCOME EARNERS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Marcus
Msg: 26
LOW INCOME EARNERSPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Reading your profile I guess you will be alone for a lot longer. Such trash to rate a guy as in 'giving out'. Your photo says different but your words are sarcasm at its lowest. Accpet a person for who they are and what you can give to make you both happy. Money doesn't come into it, it is what is within.
 SergeantOz
Msg: 27
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 6:57:58 PM
Recently, I heard in the media that it now considered that an income of $70k and a car will allow a woman to consider a potential male partner in the dating game. Now that is roughly $1k a week clear and say if renting and wishing to eat as well (even shared rent) you could say goodbye to $400 a week minimum plus car and travel costs, let's say $600.00 to round up the figures. Let us include added extras like going out and say another $100.00 a week (but double that for 2 people) and you end up with $200.00 a week for the savings account.

If you are chasing money then good luck - but when you become the door mat for either party or suddenly are traded in on a newer model because they can afford to upgrade or get a 2nd model - then you are only getting what you deserve. Sadly, I can't be bought and years ago that money does not truly buy happiness, when you look over and find your `so called friends` long gone when things turn sour. But it's ironic that as soon as you are further advanced than what you were, they come out of the woodwork - give my 5 friends over 500 strangers anytime.
 debnco
Msg: 28
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:14:44 PM
Serg , I agree .I don't earn heaps ,but I am quite happy Thank you . I don't need looking after , am looking for a partner not a cash cow .
 Gem n Al
Msg: 29
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:29:11 PM
I would think that as long as there are people who are willing to provide for another for whatever reason, there will be people who are willing to be provided for. They will find each other.
Personally, I am not at all interested in a profile which lists what they own/drive/earn and I would be uncertain about a relationship with someone very well off. Of course, all that would be a bonus with the right person, I just don't want anybody to think I was 'golddigging'! My earning capacity will never be high, but I can provide and take care of myself, so all is right with the world!
 geen z
Msg: 30
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:33:15 PM
someone women are very lucky and in an extremely privileged situation that they happen to marry or be partnered with a male who is a high income earner and never have to work a day in their life! and if divorced then can do very nicely and still never have to lift a finger to earn a $$.

the reality for the majority of us is that we work - and we work hard. whilst i would hope and except the same of my partner i would still not think that what he earns would have any significant bearing on our relationship. i have a house (at this point in time), a car, 2 children and lots of bills of my own - why would I be interested in his?

i am happy to pay my way on a date or take it in turns to pay - dont mind which. I certainly dont expect a man to " keep me " and if you are thinking that way all i can say is you will be very lonely unless you happen to look like elle mcpherson and put out like heidi fleiss..... no man that I know of would be willing to financially support someone who doesn't work or is not willing to be at least financially independent on many levels - no matter how good she is in the cot.

but good luck with it all - gold diggers unite!
 Gem n Al
Msg: 31
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:56:17 PM
This just in...... on a profile I read not 2 mintues ago!

Like to meet someone who is happy being a homebody, enjoying an occasional meal out, family get togethers, horse racing.

Also, eventually I would like to travel with that special companion, so being financially secure would help.

Good luck!
(maybe Fetish's alter-ego)

rainbowskin
Msg: 32
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 9:09:20 PM

I guess it takes a man to point that out..

na, i was thinking exactly the same thing, no offence fetish but you seriously sound like someone from another century, its unrealistic in this day and age to expect a man to "look after you" and why would you want them to when you can be independent and share yourself with a like minded guy?

Personally, I've been with guys who have, like myself, had all kinds of weird and wonderful jobs, who cares as long as we both have enough to support our lifestyle and have some fun. I also find that saying along the lines of "you spend as much as you earn" to be true, having lived on next to nothing, and these days living pretty well, but it definitely hasn't been a case of the more money i/we had the happier it made us, again it's all about the chemistry/shared goals etc ;)

ronda :)
 hevgem
Msg: 33
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 11:43:35 PM
money does not make the world go round....but it does make the ride a hell of a lot nicer.
wen a person finds the 'right' person to settle down with - wat they earn or don't earn will be irrelevant.
its the chemistry that matters
in saying that tho, the thought of a rich man comeing into my life does make me smile
 typical_bloke
Msg: 34
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/10/2008 4:10:57 AM
at this point in time i have gone from one extreme to the other. when i was in my early 20's i was on a good wicket. i left the job took up an apprentiship as a mechanic. even as an adult i suffered a massive 60% pay decrease(now that hurt). since then i have climbed back up and was earning good money for someone of my trade.

in the time i have been doing all his i became a father and had a serious relationship breakdown. since then i have found that there is a propaution of those that are only intrested in the dollar but the far majority are just intrested in the person.

before i get bashed for the typo's (you know who you are) i spell using phonics , sound the word out and it'll come to you.
 bewitched66
Msg: 35
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/10/2008 7:09:16 AM
Bloke, I'm sorry you even have to mention your typos - I read what you said easily - always do. Who cares, as long as you post? (I know some do...but most of us could care two hoots, or even less )

am looking for a partner not a cash cow .
I'm not looking for a cash cow either, but if anyone has a golden goose they've finished with?
 hugs*n*hisses
Msg: 36
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/10/2008 8:00:13 AM
OP/aka Fetish/aka Valley:

(btw, good call on the username change)

I think to assume that one would be rejected out-of-hand based solely on their income level, is for the most part, purely conjecture. After all, I highly doubt that either the internet's or real life means of getting to know a person ever starts with conversations that say:

"Hi there! My name is __________, and I earn $________."
"Oh my! That's too bad - you seem like such a lovely person, but unfortunately with you only earning $______ , it leaves you out of the running".

Thinking that one's income or lack of it, as the sole reason in being unable to find a date or partner also implies, IMO only, an unwillingness (and perhaps a form of conceit) on a person's part to think that no other possibility exists, of why on earth someone would not wish to date them. Not saying that you or anyone else necessarily has any horrid faults, but mutual chemistry is an elusive thing at best, the considerably lesser odds of which are even more evident in the flat, non-dimensional world of internet dating, where one only has a picture and a few written lines meant to attract another's interest.

As far as your wishing 'to be looked after', there is nothing wrong with it as such, I imagine there are still some men and women who wish to fulfill those once traditionally held roles. But nowadays, and for quite a few decades too, the traditional role has become that we are all financially self-sufficient, and able to pull our own weight. Factor in that many of us have been 'taken to the cleaners' in past relationships, and I'm sure you can deduce where I'm going with that.

This does not mean you must have an over average income, or be rich in order to attract a mate. But anyone stating that they would 'like to be looked after' implies a financial neediness, as opposed to (perhaps) rather meaning to say they desire to be in a romantic, mutually giving relationship. Personally, it would make me run like hell.

You have roughly two to five minutes to grab someone's attention when they browse your profile, don't chase them away by leading them to (however inadvertently) think you prioritize their wallet over their heart and the many other things they can offer to enrich your life, with comments like 'wishing to be looked after' (don't forget, your posting history is also available through your profile.)

None of this is gender specific - we all would like to be wanted for who we are.

Best of luck,

hnh
 hugs*n*hisses
Msg: 37
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/10/2008 8:48:07 AM
Wow, chickie, I just caught your age, and realized I started working full-time when you were barely learning to walk...Here I thought you were just some poor sweet old gal who hadn't quite caught up with modern times yet...

Although I stand behind my initial post, and no offense by the following, but now I'm left wondering if you've been living in a vacuum all your life?

hnh

edit:
do do yourself the favour of removing the "I am not wealthy" from your profile though, hon
 watchyabaknewbies
Msg: 38
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/10/2008 2:30:42 PM
Well i have to say this was a good read...

I just walked out of a extremely high income level relationship in excess of dare i acknowledge it publically.... ummm yes what the hell over 200k p/a, I can tell you it means jack $hit.

Now i am living off sweet F.A ... should i admit this publically too....lol...I clear about $ 600 a week, thats inclusive of every cent i can get too..and only just make ends meet.. BUT. Due to my career choices i have the potential to earn a hell of a lot more but am taking some down time and studying. I live fairly simply and happily too I might add...

Now with that established
MEN... yes SOME men on here to judge you finacially weather they say it in their profiles or not. They may have lost a large asset in the divvy up of divorse and not want to go thru it again so what you take into the relationship is of importance to them.
( Yes i know women can be the same)

I make no bones about my income and asset poole, I am not ashamed of it and care for me and mine well. So am I finacially independant...? I dont own a home but I have no absolutely no debt at all and a newish car, i dont want for anything ( well a vacumn that sucks would be good ) . wow im a catch! lol

I am low income. I am a student, I currently work part time and am starting out AGAIN at 40 ish..
And you know what... it rocks I love it and I rock as well , if i were to meet someone now who lit my world up they would get me at my best . The dollar/asset value is irrelavant.

I recently have spoken to a few men who have their own companys, massive incomes, and in all reality having walked where they are... your expectations do rise too. I never tell them of my past income/company in fact i usually put crap on them as it personaly irrates me that all of these guys with in a few moments let me know they were well off fiscally sound and didnt need anything. It is an extreme turn off..
There is an assumption by anyone with money that someone with nothing and a percieved no prospects will be a gold digger. They usually ask straight out or ask leading questions to discover what you have got going for you. pffft.

fetish valley... You have been given alot of well thought out comments about your profile, I agree with the beautiful rainbow and HnH , your profile does read a bit like a foreign door mat and the name change is great.
I dont write my profession up as is it really that important??
Look after yourself.. no one can do it for you male or female. You are the only one who can meet your needs both emotionallly and finacially. Seems to me you need a couple of real good galpals who will tell you straight up how it is and isnt.

x mmm
 tigerlily1
Msg: 39
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/11/2008 2:32:50 AM
Id be happy of he puts the bin out, and remembers my name, get sick of being called sweety
 outofthedesert
Msg: 40
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/11/2008 3:24:38 AM
Met a guy on another site. He is retired and told me his income is $50,000 and said--that may be a deal breaker. Told him it was not a problem, I earned less that he does and I work full time. Never heard from him again.............................
 Dark Stanley
Msg: 41
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/11/2008 3:50:59 AM
This is what John Laws would say:

Low income earners and dole bludgers should be assigned to the scumbag, like the scummy, scum sucking, scum bandits they are!! Now, we've talked about capital punishment and lethal injections, so lets have a change of pace. Hanging! should we bring it back.......................
 Aussie Wanderer
Msg: 42
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/11/2008 3:52:16 AM
Folks, what th'????? Of course money matters. Old saying when poverty comes through the door love flies out the window.
And in all honesty I don't think criticism should be put on the person putting the 'question' out there.
I am female on a 'good' income and I was blocked because of my age AND all I wanted to say "love your profile, totally refreshing" go figure says me.
Be less judgemental of others on this site, they are just like you and I trying to find their way through the maze of being alone and finding someone. AND the possibility of being alone until the last breath, very scarey for most.
 Mainey
Msg: 43
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/11/2008 3:58:58 AM

Met a guy on another site. He is retired and told me his income is $50,000 and said--that may be a deal breaker. Told him it was not a problem, I earned less that he does and I work full time. Never heard from him again

Obviously he wasn't suited to you then.
Someones income isn't important to me, but thier enthusiasm and attitude towards life does have a bearing on whether or not I would become involved with them.
If someone lived on centrelink payments and spent thier time working out how they can keep ripping off the government, not wanting to get off thier lazy arse to support themselves, that would be a big no to me. Someone should be able to support themselves and whatever they choose to do, if they want to live the high life then they need to take the steps required to earn more $ rather than look to sponge of someone else whether it be male or female.

I am proud of the fact that I am independant and I look after myself and my children in what 'I' consider to be a comfortable manner.
Balance is the answer for me a balance between financial, emotional, physical and mental happiness.
 bucky140
Msg: 44
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/11/2008 4:02:47 AM
Income shouldn't come into it.I got asked once on a date how much i earnt,all i said was 'enough'.Needless to say that date lasted 5 minutes.

Don't ask and i'll tell you no lies.
 rainbowskin
Msg: 45
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/11/2008 7:35:47 AM
lol Jo thankgod it's not just me, as soon as a guy calls me 'babe' that's it I'm outta there, it's like the most insulting/demeaning thing a guy can say to me, well almost lol, call me mate, buddy, or here's a novel idea, call me Ronda, but don't call me babe

ronda :)
 bewitched66
Msg: 46
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/11/2008 8:00:29 PM
Isn't it funny, Ronda? I like 'babe'...but I hate 'sweetie'. When I used to work in pubs, if people called me 'Luv' or 'Princess', I wouldn't serve them. (Of course I told them why, and they soon remembered my name!_
 rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Msg: 47
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/11/2008 8:10:42 PM
I once done the Roo thing and put up a profile on another site stating my income .
The age and type of reply changed.
So Looks like income does make a diference to some.
Shame some can not look past the dollar to the real person.
 rainbowskin
Msg: 48
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/11/2008 8:36:42 PM

I like 'babe'...but I hate 'sweetie'

weird huh how we all have our pet peeves, 'babe' just always seems like such a throwaway cutesy thing, especially when they start using it two minutes after meeting/chatting, as Jo said it's as if they couldn't even be bothered remembering our names, definitely my biggest instant turnoff word...

oh yeah the topic lol I actually went out with a guy recently who made a point of constantly mentioning how he bought dinner therefore I would be buying drinks, he paid for breakfast so lunch was my shout etc totally unnecessary pennypinching and embarrassing, needless to say I won't be seeing him again. Don't get me wrong I pay my own way, always have, particularly on a first date as some guys think if they pay then you're gonna put out lol, but this guy asked me out to dinner and stuff then spend the whole time stressing about not wanting to spend any money... great way to guarantee no second date

ronda

Magiccc
Msg: 49
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/12/2008 1:57:26 AM
There is nothing wrong with low income earners, however if someone has specified that they would prefer to meet a certain group of people, that should be respected.

Too many people do not take the time to read profiles, only looking at the pictures and taking pot luck, causing frustration on both sides.

For those of us who have sacrificed the time to educate ourselves and have the motivation to build our lives, we should not be slandered to want the same in our prospective partners.

Some people like to ride the wave of someone else’s success, some people like to help, some people are independent, and some people are greedy. We are all individuals, and this is what needs to be respected.

outofthedesert
Msg: 50
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/12/2008 7:07:36 AM
Some times people have made money as a workaholic and now are reaping the rewards at the bank while they chose to work something less taxing........................
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > LOW INCOME EARNERS