Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > LOW INCOME EARNERS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 frangipani51
Msg: 51
LOW INCOME EARNERSPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
outofthedesert I had a fellow with a yacht but he was to busy earning money and was lousy in bed so I sailed of in to the sunset LOL
 watchyabaknewbies
Msg: 52
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/15/2008 1:18:09 AM

Is anybody thinking we should introduce Fetish to Miss mmm's e-mail millionaire? [ /quote]

you wish is my command... consider it done...lol

xmmm
 outofthedesert
Msg: 53
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/15/2008 3:18:35 AM
I knew someone with loads of money too, only he would not spend any of it. We never made it to the bed.
 missmilly1970
Msg: 54
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/15/2008 4:16:16 AM
I couldn't care less what someone earns as long as they don't expect me to subsidise them.

Saying that, I would like someone who can afford to live the life I do. (I'm not loaded or on an amazing wage.) In the past I have ended up being really resentful of partners who have chosen to work part-time, be artists or musicians and expect me to pick up the financial difference in their lifestyle.

In the past, I've been a sucker! Now, I figure my money's mine, theirs is their own. Realistically though, when you're seeing someone you want to do things with them. They can't afford the holiday? You pay their way because you want to have that experience with them. For me, not anymore. I figure you work to afford the lifestyle you want.

I don't expect anyone to pay my way. Why should they expect it from me?
 happyches
Msg: 55
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/15/2008 4:29:18 AM
Yeah I always wondered why "income level" was even an option in these sites, I was like "who cares?", however .. my doctor recommended these sites to me, she found the love of her life from lavalife (ugh!) and I'm guessing that she probably did a search by income level to get someone of equal/more income in order to find someone she can relate to cos he ended up being a Plastic Surgeon not a low income earner..

Some guys (although I might be generalizing without knowing much about it).. might be a bit uncomfortable if the woman earned more than he did. But the world is changing..

Income doesn't matter to me, if I'm attracted to someone, money doesn't even come into the equation, I can't help who I fall for.. :)

Looking back however, I have generally fallen for men that are in the same income bracket as me.. or just a bit higher.. it wasn't done knowingly as income doesn't even come up until I am well and truly head over heels ;)

I would rather earn a lot of money myself than live off a man though.
 good4you73
Msg: 56
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/15/2008 7:13:56 AM
I honestly can't believe that a well educated and (it would seem) intelegent woman like yourself hilly would say and believe such cods wolop.....a real man is more than capable of washing his own skiddy undies, cleaning up after himself(or helping with the cleaning if living together) and cooking himself, and/or you a very nice meal. As for the giving out, I have always been of the belief that "giving out" is a mutual thing enjoyed equeally on both sides of the fence(or bed...what ever your fancy) Now in the situation of only one party working (for what ever reason) whether that be the man or woman, then i think it quite fair that the other picks up most (not all) of the household duties. This is simply my veiws and opinions on your response and in no way am i trying to put you down or demean your opinion i just thought it a little one sided and antiquated. I truely believe that passion, honesty and trust are the groundings of any relationship and money should only ever be a reason to leave(or not get involved) if the other party is completely irrisponsible with it. Call me old fashioned and a dreamer but whycant love concour all.......
 winged kitty
Msg: 57
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/15/2008 8:01:01 AM
If the world ran on love and air and water and home grown veges... Like it used to... and if we all had housing.... and a decent wardrobe... and guarenteed dental service... many people would worry less about money. Somehow that is not 21st centuary Australia.... There is a leval of FEAR OF NOT ENOUGH which I encounter from many persons, and sometimes unfortunately I also experience this feeling this as well.
I was always the high wage earner when I was married.
Now I am low income.... does that mean I am an unlovable gal? Hope not!!!
I really hope that commonality, majik attraction (that spark), LOVE, common goals, LOVE, LOVE, and LOVE would be the most attractive things... that LOVE WILL FIND A WAY..... Otherwise we could be looking for new lovers from the other side of the bank counter as we inspected their accounts... To me, that would be a very sad way to base one's hopes for future partners.
Yep, I am a hopeful romantic at heart!
 rainbowskin
Msg: 58
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/15/2008 9:44:14 PM

a real man is more than capable of washing his own skiddy undies, cleaning up after himself(or helping with the cleaning if living together) and cooking himself, and/or you a very nice meal

dam.... where are they all lol

I can't quote the exact statistics but something huge percentage of marriage problems/divorces are apparently about money. Obviously it's a huge issue whether we like to admit it or not. Personally I'd rather have everything else in common with a "financially challenged" guy, and support myself, which I have done for many years, but at the end of the day what Hilly said about wanting to share experiences, like travel which I have only recently discovered since I've been single and become totally obsessed with, does become an issue if one partner can't afford to get out and do cool stuff , then it's a problem

ronda :)

SergeantOz
Msg: 59
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/16/2008 7:05:19 AM
I would say the majority of marriage break ups are to do with cash and finances in general. Often it is his and her money and to be honest when I hear people fighting over money and his and her money it makes me sick to the stomach. If you can't share your finances, then why share a bed and be married ?

Take some mad money each to enjoy and discuss the major expenses. Whilst I had a shared account with the ex for household bills, it just made sense that I was earning 300% of what she was earning so I would pay for the household stuff. She smoked and I didn't and I had not for years and I told her - if you wish to smoke you pay for it - besides the odd packet if we were out or at a service station. Often we were out for Sunday lunch and she would pay the $50.00 without blinking as it seems fair considering she did not really have to pay much in the way of household expenses.
 hugs*n*hisses
Msg: 60
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/16/2008 8:46:13 AM
Wow, sergeant, you sound so... so....human! Is that allowed on the forums?

j/k everyone, just spent 45 minutes over on the meanie side of the global forums, it's lovely to see a post like this! All in all, you people are much kinder to each other, it's that noticeable.

hnh
 Mark_Perth
Msg: 61
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/16/2008 9:32:51 AM
people are obsessed with possessions ....i'm sick of modern life..
 RichardBBWDavion
Msg: 62
Some-of-Us Actually 'Like'-The-BEATLES. >(*~*)<
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:49:15 AM
I-Don't Care-too-Much-For-Money ... Money Can't Buy-'Me'-Love. >(*U^) (*U^) (*~*) (*U^)<

TRUTH Really-IS "Stranger"-than-Fiction.

So-Please ... 'Some'-of-Us ARE-Considerate and CHERISH The-Sometimes Obsurdity of Juxtaposition and-that Some-people Who-R-Poor Possess The Kindest-of-Hearts.
 RichardBBWDavion
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:57:18 AM
My-Son, Came-Home-from School, Deriding The-BEATLES, The-Other-Week Saying They-Were Past-it Etc., Etc. and There-"I"-Was Saying ... Just 'Look'-at-The STATISTICS ... Number-One Lists for Numerous-Country people Arguing-over Please-please-Me 'Not' Being-Included on The-ONE-Album ... 'Which' OTHER-Band Has That, ... FIVE Contiguous Number-Ones ie 1, 1, 1, 1 & 1 ... 'Not' Even Elvis 'Achieved' 'Thart' ... though I'm-'Not' Deriding Elvis's 110 GOLD-Records ... 'Thart' Really-IS- Something ... so-NO-Hate-Mail, Please.

And All-This is from That: "Bum-Band" that Went-on to Conquer-The-World. >(*~*) (*U^)<
 RichardBBWDavion
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/11/2009 11:04:45 AM
I-Mean Elvis could 'Sing'-The-PHONE-Book ... and It'ud Go-PLATINUM!!! >(*U^)<

What-about The-Inclusion of SUGAR-SUGAR on The Front-End of Stars-on-45 ie The Song that The-Monkees 'Rejected' and Was Given to-The-ARCHIES!!!???

I've Always 'Wondered' Who Really Wrote-'Thart' and Whether-or-Not it was R-Wry-one Under-The-Carpet from-The-BEATLES ... Afteral They Gave-away Lily-The-Pink from The Sargeant-Peppers-Album ... Basically Because They-'Could'.
 The Happy Boy
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/11/2009 3:43:20 PM
When I hear "what do you do for a job" as one of the first questions asked, I instantly get "money chaser" alarm bells.
Money should never be an issue as long as the person can provide for themself. I lost a lot of respect for my Mother when she told me she married my Father because he was a good provider and the only guy interested in her at the time.What happened to marrying someone you love or at least like a lot?
I inadvertantly carried on the legacy marrying someone who (I thought loved me, I loved her) was exactly the same.
Upon hearing my Father would probably outlive me and we had already had enough help so he was not leaving us anything, I was yesterdays news.
I remember the dissapointment on a dates face when she saw I lived in a 'quaint little cottage" at the time. Yep, I beat her to it, seeya money grubber. At least she is open about it on her profile saying she wants someone financially well off. I wonder if she realises she is scaring everyone away. The wealthy will avoid to protect what they have and the less financial already know they are out of the picture. Intelligent move, that one.
p.s. Hilly, I wash my own undies and can cook. Wanna come to dinner? Your doing the dishes if you do. pmsl
 Questio amicitias
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:13:17 PM
Why do young ladies go out with rich old men............
 Questio amicitias
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/11/2009 6:16:32 PM
^^^ But he may want a mature woman.........
 greynomad43
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/11/2009 6:37:25 PM
^^Slow down you two, I've got a bucket of ice water here.....So be careful!
Back on subject, whats the Beatles got to do with LOW INCOME EARNERS?
 Questio amicitias
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/11/2009 6:55:04 PM
Ok, took a cold shower.... so now all my assets have confined themselves quite nicely.

As to the mention of the Beatles.... he left out Yoko Ono,.... shame on him!!!!
 greyingred
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 8:37:12 PM
When I ask what someone does for a living it is not to ascertain their income...it is to see if they may be compatible. i.e. no problems if you have worked in Woolworths for years but because I not only value but follow 'poncy cultural pursuits' etc I somehow doubt we would have much in common...Judgemental yes but get tired of being accused of swallowing a dictionary and disbelief that I like Opera, theatre and arguing the toss over philosophers. politics and the price of eggs. Tis the mind I find sexy not the bod or income.

Tend to find that the more educated one is, the higher the income...excluding poets and artists like moi, so in general I find the men I want to have an intellectual (very nb to me) and physical relationship with also tend to have money. It has proved to be a sticking point for some, especially if they perceive being ripped off by the ex and maintenance etc. and whilst I do understand it does not bode well for the future...nothing worse than your partner still second guessing with penny pinching especially with the poorer partners little luxuries and I know some who do...how sad and mercenary. I lived in my youth with a private incomed millionaire who also worked and lived off his wages. When we split all I asked for was half the profit of the house which we both had equally contributed to. He was fine with this but his parents insisted on getting a lawyer as they couldn't get their head around the fact I wasn't trying to bleed him dry. He and I had the last laugh cos they spent a fortune due to unfounded fears on a barrister (sheesh the rich can be stupid). Have mostly found, like rich bfriend, that most men who are interested in dating don't mind(especially if the hidden agenda is FB) but their family and children do mind, again the perception that I must be a gold digger...get a grip, I have far too much self respect to just go out with a wallet and possible 'severance pay'. Just because one is poor does not mean one drops standards, just because one is rich does not mean to say prospective dates are out to rip you off and vice versa. Money is not one of my favourite things but it does show people's true colours...better early than later so OP try not to judge...see it as a gift of insight before you and or they get hurt.

However will say that each person brings something unique to the relationship and I would rather not find both of us on the lower income scale....been there, done that, why repeat what majorly sucked about previous one Though I wouldn't have wanted ex to not pursue his gift and love of history for a large pay packet...that would have been an appalling waste of his life and would have made us both miserable and if prospective dates cannot accept that I accept my position as a slack poet and artist and hope never to change that....SOD OFF
 bluejaybelle
Msg: 71
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 6/11/2009 9:05:43 PM
Both myself and my house mates, i've had to male house mates. We have been not contacted on here, when asked were we live.We say the westside and never hear from them again. Yet the westside is one of the most devolping suburbs in Melbourne.There are two story houses and town houses going up all around me. Not to mention Caroline springs and the beautiful watergardens shopping center. They are building a massive new shopping center in Duke street by the year 2010.
Alot of shallow people around. Most come here to make money or marry for money. Its sturning out more and more like sydney. Except we have more class and culture!!..lol
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 72
Some-of-Us Actually 'Like'-The-BEATLES. >(*~*)
Posted: 6/11/2009 11:34:12 PM
I read something from the local rag about a bloke who managed a stereo joint I frequent...one of those stores that sell audio components, speakers, amplifiers and the like. Anyway, I've never brought from there...too high end for me, and I read audio reviews like a hawk...so always ended up buying stuff on-line. But that store manager, dunno if he was loaded or anything...maybe just getting by...but there was a write up about him falling in-love with a lady that he spotted right on the steps of his shop, just as he was locking up each night. I think out of a real concern asked the lady in to the store for something to warm her up, like a coffee or something (this was two winters ago I think). Anyway, he found out her situation...fell in the cracks with not having an income, not eligible for Centrelink payments, lost her home and so forth...reasons unknown. The guy married her two years later...hollywood-ish but true. Its somewhat refreshing to know things like that can still happen even when the world is full of bitter, cynical and twisted people.

Income is not a measure of one's worth...even though accountants and finance people keep drumming that into us...I am attracted to one's thinking..not the outlandish, trying-to-be-as-freaky-as-can-be or the militant or the anti everything. Just a principled individual with head on shoulders, can be vulnerable as well as steadfast, poor or rich makes no difference to me although some good taste can surely be a bonus...if I have to pick between a rich woman with bad taste or a poor woman with good taste, I know who I'd go for...all things being equal. Being poor with bad taste...dunno....that's really screwed eh?
 Beachippy
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 11:58:40 PM
I've never given a hoot for how much a new found partner "earns"...
as it was I had a few relationships with "career" type women... who when it came down to it chose their career over the relationship when changes were suggested...

as a matter of fact I'd welcome a tortured artist /musician/sportswoman/student... someone who values their time more than a perpetual chase for money...
quite often the world provides in many ways....

if you genuinely were "into" eachother.... you get by.... and often as a couple you can find new work opportunities to persue together....

would you really want a partner "married" to their job?
 bluejaybelle
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/12/2009 10:54:04 PM
On the other end you have those that think if you live on the wrong side of town and they think you have no money. so don't even bother talking to you. I co-own a cleaning business. I don't work hard long hours, yet I make more then some working an 8 hour day. Yet living where you live should not be a part of weather or not you talk to someone.
Also if you say your only on here to chat or make friends, you soon weed out the players and those who are only here after the coin too.. That goes for both men and women. No I don't think finances matter in a relationship. , nor should it. You should find out from your partner what you’re looking for if she or he is what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for financially security and that is all. I am very sure there are those on here who are willing to do that. Also if your looking for someone mainly for that reason that is sad. I put it to you i know a couple around the corner and he doesn't work his back is gone.

She works hard as a cleaner and they will marry next year. So no in some cases it does not matter. I too would no marry for money and I was even engaged to a guy with money and fame. I cancelled it due to those narrow minded people. I should never have done that. He treated me, while I was with him. With more respect and kindness then most men I have ever known. You like someone, like them for who they are not what others think or think of you. I would marry a guy if he didn't have a penny, if he was everything I was looking for in a guy. Trusting, loving, faithful, romantic. Yer i know he don't exsist..lol!!
 justagrl070
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2009 6:10:41 PM
personally for me income isnt an issue at all..i earn good money and am able to support my family and myself in a comfortable life. for me it is about the person, their heart and their beliefs.. but i think i would draw the line at someone who has no motivation, there is a difference to being in a low income because it is the job you want to do and it is what you are passionate about and the person who is in that job or no job because they lack the motivation to do what they really want to do, or have no interest in supporting themselves...
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > LOW INCOME EARNERS